Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gamboa vs Solis in March?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34958

According to Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, the HBO televised bout between WBA/IBF featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (19-0, 15KOs), and WBA interim-super featherweight titlist Jorge Solis (40-2-2, 29KOs), will head to the Adrian Phillips Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City on March 26. In the televised co-feature, featherweight contender Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia (24-0, 20 KOs), of Oxnard, Calif., will face Matt Remillard (23-0, 13 KOs), of Hartford, Conn.
gravytrain
I think most people including myself just want to see Gamboa/Lopez. this isn't a bad fight though.
salvador
Gamboa has tons of big/exciting fights at 126 that I'd love to see unless he can't make weight anymore and is officially moving to 130:

R. Marquez (Marquez ain't getting any younger - and a tremendous learning opportunity for Gamboa win or lose)
Ponce De Leon (Cotto-Mayorga excitement)
Rojas

And I agree that if Arum is just going to let Gamboa/Lopez "marinate" he should put Gamboa in with names that will get ratings - even if he loses. The more people who see Gamboa the better for his career, win or lose, because he's fun to watch. He could fight all three of these guys this year and a Lopez fight in early 2112 would be pretty huge for the weight class.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.