Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Shit Talking Hall of Fame
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
You'd definitely have to save a spot for Ricardo Mayorga...

Mayorga speaking to Cotto: "I respect your mother but I don't want her to suffer anymore. She cannot take any more of those beatings you've been taking. I will finish you off and your mother will be in peace at last. This won't take me long, about four rounds on March 12"
thehype
James Toney is the Emeritus Champion of shit talking.

laugh.gif

We REALLY should keep a running list of some of the best shit talking lines throughout boxing history.
lloyd mayflower
A good start would be just about everything quoted from Mayorga in the front page article.
salvador
I want to say the quote came after his first fight with Forrest (I'm paraphrasing Merchant's question - Mayorga's answer is, I believe, verbatim):

Merchant: "Why do you think you were able to beat Forrest when most experts thought his superior boxing skills were going to be the difference in the fight?"

Mayorga: "Because I come from a country where the women give birth to men."
Method
Among p4p was Hopkins leading up to Trinidad.

He was all over Tito AND papa Trini.

"Shut the fuck up, old man! Im gonna do to your son the same thing that Salvador Sanchez did to you".

"I saw fear in Trinidad's eyes (when I snatched the flag out of his hand and threw it to the ground). I'm too much man fro Trinidad, and I'm going to exploit that in the ring. His father is going to have to save him from the beating I will lay on him"
Box in Hand
QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 21 2011, 11:50 AM) *
I want to say the quote came after his first fight with Forrest (I'm paraphrasing Merchant's question - Mayorga's answer is, I believe, verbatim):

Merchant: "Why do you think you were able to beat Forrest when most experts thought his superior boxing skills were going to be the difference in the fight?"

Mayorga: "Because I come from a country where the women give birth to men."

Mayorga makes you want to just want to beat the hell out of him right at the press conference. That right there is pretty much the best line I've heard.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 21 2011, 10:31 AM) *
We REALLY should keep a running list of some of the best shit talking lines throughout boxing history.

We could make this thread a sticky and folks could post them here...
JLUVBABY
i cant find the video on youtube but that cnn interview with mike tyson and donavon razor ruddock leading to their second fight was classic... tyson was all up in rudduck in that one... lol...
pesticid
Before the second Forrest fight, Mayo said he would beat him so bad his dog wouldn't recognize him.
Before the first fight with Forrest, he said that he didn't need that stupid belt, he said I believe after he beats Vernon he'll take his woman to sweep his porch in Nicaragua. He's insane, love him or hate him he's the best at talking shit.
Warlord
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jan 21 2011, 11:03 AM) *

Mayorga speaking to Cotto: "I respect your mother but I don't want her to suffer anymore. She cannot take any more of those beatings you've been taking. I will finish you off and your mother will be in peace at last. This won't take me long, about four rounds on March 12"

Not taking anything away from Mayorga, whose always amused me, but his whole "I don't want her to suffer anymore" is a retread of his own work. He used that same line on Vargas when he said he would finish Vargas so his wife and kids wouldn't have to suffer anymore.
AussieLad
Chael Sonnen...

STEVENSKI
Sonnen is gold. Ali is obviously up there as well.
lloyd mayflower
Do we think this should be a best and worst sort of affair? I just dont think its right to have a trash talk thread without mentioning how brutally bad the Klits are at it! Pizza face??? I ask you....
Jack 1000
Mayorga
Mayweather
Haye
Ali (But with Ali a lot of people liked it because it was funny and he backed up what he said in the ring.)
Tyson
Judah

To add to this thread, list famous shit-talking or classic jive-talking quotes throughout boxing history that you can remember.

Jack
darroy
hasim rahman and antonio tarver would most def be near the top of my list with ali and toney. prince hamed in his day was funny as well. i remember before his fight with kevin kelley in nyc, kevin was upset about hbo giving hamed a multi year, multi million dollar deal.... so hamed looks at kevin and tells him "kevin do really want a job working for hbo that bad; i'll get you a job at hbo..... putting up my posters!" too bad he couldn't fight quite as well as he talked but he was fun.
Nay_Sayer
"Frazier is so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life. " - Muhammad Ali

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was." - Muhammad Ali

"I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I'm in a world of my own." - Muhammad Ali

"I'll beat him so bad he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on. " - Muhammad Ali

"I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round. " - Muhammad Ali

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. " - Muhammad Ali

"It's not bragging if you can back it up. " - Muhammad Ali

And my all time FAVORITE Ali quote...

"It's gonna be a thrilla, and a chilla, and a killa, when I get the Gorilla in Manila." - Muhammad Ali

Nay_Sayer
“I'm not gonna box Ruiz, ... I don't box, I knock holes through people. I'm gonna cut Ruiz up. I'm gonna butcher him. He ain't gonna last five rounds. Either he winds up on the canvas or in the hospital. It's his choice.” - James Toney

“I didn't run from the situation. I didn't hide the ordeal from the reporters like the sissy baseball players. I fought it head-on. … We dealt with it. It's over. And now we're moving on.” - James Toney

"That's the main reason I came to MMA. At least MMA guys got guts and they will get in a cage with me. The boxing guys are all talk and no walk. My thing is, all of these bums, David Gaye and Bucktooth Bernard Hopkins, talk all that shit; come and see me! They were quiet as mice until they saw I was signed to fight in the UFC and then they all had an opinion. I'm doing both and I ain't going nowhere. I'm in it for the long run baby. I'm the only two sport athlete out there and I'm doing the 2 most dangerous sports in the world. No other man will try to do that." - James Toney

"Rampage is a decent club fighter and if he thinks his club fighting style can match my skills, then he is crazy as hell… Rampage is still an Uncle Tom and I will go on record and say he is not dumb enough to stand and trade with me… Rampage is a black redneck. He better stick to hanging with them white boys and keep my name out of his mouth. I ain’t hard to find; sign the contract!” - James Toney

"Couture has 10 losses and is considered a legend? Aint that a bitch. " - James Toney

"I don't care if you a fly weight or your momma weight....imma kick ya ass!" - James Toney

gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 22 2011, 02:46 PM) *
Mayorga
Mayweather
Haye
Ali (But with Ali a lot of people liked it because it was funny and he backed up what he said in the ring.)
Tyson
Judah

To add to this thread, list famous shit-talking or classic jive-talking quotes throughout boxing history that you can remember.

Jack

That's why he's the best in my opinion, he took talking shit to a different level.
Warlord
I second Chael Sonnen.

PL: Moving on to Anderson Silva...he has been destroying some of the best fighters in the world and making it look easy. What do you feel you bring to the Octagon that he hasn't had to deal with before?

CS: He has? He beat a math teacher, a one-legged Canadian, and a few guys who weren't good enough to hold their spots in the company. Who's he beat that's still on the roster? Anderson's flaw is no secret. It's in the bible: "Pride cometh before a fall; and a haughty spirit doth come before destruction." After the fight, Anderson will thank me for doing the Lord's work by destroying that flamboyant, showboating, reactive person inside of him. Remember my previous answer? Anderson's no different than Bono. He's aware of, and a prisoner of, everybody's expectations; so he prances and dances, and does his little jigs, like he used to do his Michael Jackson moondance replete with sparkly jacket and party-favour-quality fedora. He knows who he is. So do I. I have come to beat him, but also, perhaps more importantly, to save him from the gilded cage that everyone's expectations, and his reactions to them, have put him in. The grim, stark reality of losing a bloodbath will re-baptize him, make him a better man, truer to himself and his skills than the silly, ass-shaking fool he's morphed into, because his weak personality created that ass-shaking fool to satisfy everyone but himself. Years from now, when he and I are both retired, he will thank me. In perfect English.

PL: Are you undergoing any specifically-tailored training for the Silva fight, or is it business as usual?

CS: Nothing different, same strategy. I'm like good, old, strong booze. You KNOW what's in the bottle. You KNOW what it does. Handle it if you can. Or else order a sissy drink and go watch "Sex and the City" reruns with your fruity friends in the other room.

PL: Recently, footage of Silva training with cinematic action hero Steven Seagal has surfaced on the internet. Your thoughts on that?

CS: Smart. Anderson is going to need a job after I get him fired on August 7th. He should cozy up to anyone he thinks can get him paid. He'd make a great double for track star Carl Lewis. They're both the best at what they do, and both sponsored by nobody for the same reason. Seriously, though...STEVEN SEAGAL?!!! JESUS. Well, I've got my OWN celebrity action star to work with...the great MEL GIBSON! On Mondays we deny the Holocaust. On Tuesdays we drink, then we deny the Holocaust. Wednesdays we call our respective girlfriends and bellow insane, drunken threats into the phone. Thursdays we do charity work, visit children's hospitals, etc. Fridays off (except for social drinking and Holocaust-denying cocktail chatter). Saturday it's "racy-racy" time through the Hollywood hills in our matching Bugatti Veyrons. And Sunday is church (of course). Top THAT celebrity training regimen, Anderson! I bet you and Chubby aren't getting bombed more than twice a week! But at least you get to hear him play his guitar, which he does SO well...kinda.

PL: Silva has been quoted as saying that when the fight is over, he wants a kiss from you. Your response?

CS: He said that? Wow...I guess he'd make a better double for Carl Lewis than I thought.

PL: Final question, obviously you expect to become the new UFC middleweight champion on August 7th, but in a best-case scenario, how does this fight play out?

CS: Best case? Anderson accepts my offer and withdraws. If he leaves the UFC, issues the fans an apology, and erects a statue in my likeness that he worships daily, then I'll forget the whole thing. Otherwise...we are going to have a fight.

PL: Thanks for your time, Chael, and good luck on August 7th.

CS: Whatever.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I have been trying to find some quotes from Jorge Luis Gonzalez pre the Bowe fight but alas to no avail. I do remember it being funnny though-not that it came to much.
salvador
I don't know if this counts because it's not boxing, but Norman Mailer once said of Tom Wolfe:

Mailer: "In my mind there's something silly about a man who wears a white suit all the time, especially in New York."

Wolfe: "The lead dog is the one they always try to bite in the ass"

Mailer: "It doesn't mean you're the top dog just because your ass is bleeding."
Imperius3
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jan 25 2011, 01:41 AM) *

"I'm undestructable!!" Not only does he trash talk everyone else in boxing into submission he also makes up words.

I also like the way he's rabbiting around in the interview and the minute Grey asks him "did he hurt you at any point" JT goes right into serious mode. he knows exactly what he is doing in that interview. I still think the one post Jirov with lampley shades it though. Especially when he spots Chris Byrd in the audience laugh.gif
Oscare4
Toney vs Jirov Post Fight
His sound effects when he goes over the knockdown have me in stitches haha
Oscare4
Although he talks LOTS of shit he does make a good point that you dont play boxing... Toney post fight antics
Imperius3
Romulus9
Already covered but Hopkins going off on Papa Trinidad is one of my all-time favorites.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jan 25 2011, 06:33 PM) *

I wish I'd had some money in the bank at the time, because after watching this rant I knew Tyson had ZERO chance against Lewis. If ever a guy was exposed before the bell rang this was it.

(An all time great rant though. Probably Mike's best ever and he had some good ones. I'll take this zinger over the more popular and well known "I want to eat your children" tirade every day of the week.)
Imperius3
Pin Galarga
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jan 21 2011, 11:03 AM) *

Same O sht of always. Mayorga needs to work on an new act in order to make this Hall; He will problaby be at least on the Hall's closet where He himself lives with his Marica self.
RyanTical
"Guruagahla Gyuahjalus hubba-rught dabrgrh --I need money." -- James Toney.

I can't find any videos with subtitles so I just played this one by ear.
Nay_Sayer
From the Jame Toney interview that was just posted on the front page;
PC: Ross Thompson is a guy who has been making a lot of noise on my Facebook page calling out you and Amir Mansour. He said you guys have history and…

JT: (Cutting in) Man, tell him to go get some business and go fuck his momma. I knocked his bitch as out in the MGM with no gloves on. He's from New York, that's all you gotta know. He's from Buffalo too; the home of the losers. The Bills couldn't win a Superbowl if they played themselves in a scrimmage. Fuck him.

It just doesn't get any better than that...
neophyte7
ANTONIO TARVER BEFORE DECAPITATING "ROID JONES JR: REF: ANY QUESTIONS?, TARVER: "YEAH, I GOT A QUESTION, YOU GOT ANY EXCUSES TONIGHT ROY?" -- CLASSIC
Cshel86
The Mayweather/De La Hoya build-up had some of the funniest moments that I've witnessed in recent years, lol. We all know that Oscar cant talk trash to save his life, so Mayweather had a field day with him! This by far, is one of the wildest clips during the build-up. He was dogging Oscar during the whole interview, but he definitely lost his head at 5:12!

http://youtu.be/_Ch7ibzkONc

Other than that, I cant forget how Tarver gave it to Larry Merchant after his 3rd fight with Roy Jones! It started at 7:35!

http://youtu.be/URIOCq1jiSY
neophyte7
I remember Mayorga telling Spinks he would join his "dead mother" forgive me but LMAO-- He told Tito that after he was done he would make his mother "sweep up his back yard" LMAO.... Mayorga was a nut!!!
Maxy
Not great but....

David Haye on Audley Harrison, "this will be so one sided it will be like a gang rape."

on Wlad, "Corrie Sanders knocked him out with a golf swing."
neophyte7
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 24 2011, 01:55 PM) *
Not great but....

David Haye on Audley Harrison, "this will be so one sided it will be like a gang rape."

on Wlad, "Corrie Sanders knocked him out with a golf swing."

LMAO....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.