Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquaio VS Mosley Stikes deal for SHO/CBS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
EAlbian
Sources say that the PPV will be provided by SHO/CBS. The PPV will be handled by showtime and the prefight will be handled by CBS, similar to what strikeforce does with it's larger cards. HBO losing a grip on the PPV market? how much do they need Floyd now that Top Rank has seemingly jumped ship?
salvador
Is SHO owned by CBS?
Method
No
JLUVBABY
i talk shit on team pac but this only helps the sport... specially if the fights they put on are competitive....
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
It's a shame that it's not on CBS. That would truly help the sport, but we've been down that path. At least they're going to hype it up on network TV. That will get people to think about boxing a little more. Hopefully, it's a step in the right direction to get fights on CBS.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Method @ Jan 21 2011, 06:28 PM) *
No

Yes they are owned by CBS, Showtime is a subsidiary of CBS. Showtime was aquired by CBS when CBS and viacom split. Do some homework bud before you go coaching other people
EAlbian
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jan 21 2011, 07:13 PM) *
It's a shame that it's not on CBS. That would truly help the sport, but we've been down that path. At least they're going to hype it up on network TV. That will get people to think about boxing a little more. Hopefully, it's a step in the right direction to get fights on CBS.

It is a possibility that we see some boxing on CBS, strikeforce has had cards on CBS. High profile fights would require too much money to be staged on network television. Where is the 50+million from the PPV money being generate from on network tv? Tell Pac and Sugar to take a paycut and maybe we'll see some network boxing fights
thehype
The jury is still out in my opinion. I'm not 100% convinced that this would be a "good move" for boxing or the promotion of the bout.

Keep in mind, at the end of the day, the decision to make such a move was motivated by MONEY...nothing else. When I was first told about the possibility three weeks ago, it was explained to me that Arum was looking to use it as leverage in hopes of getting HBO to pony up more money (i.e. the type of money they've generally reserved for De La Hoya or Mayweather fights) for the matchup. Obviously, HBO doesn't view the Pacquiao vs. Mosley clash as the same type of "mega-fight" that they've grown accustomed...particularly since they staged a "mega-fight" between Mosley and Mayweather the year prior, only to see Mosley get dominated. So whatever money HBO was offering for Pacquiao vs. Mosley, clearly it's not the type of money that Arum was wanting...especially since he views Manny Pacquiao as the ONLY cash cow fighting right now. That fact alone placed Arum in a position to go to HBO and basically tell them, "Look, Floyd's not fighting any time soon and you guys don't have any other superstar to generate the type of mega-fight money that Manny can. You need to SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!"

So anyway, long story short, while it sounds as though it might be a "good thing" to have a 24/7 type series on CBS (and for the record, my source also told me that it would likely be more than 4 episodes...more like 6-8 episodes), I'm just skeptical as to whether or not it will work. It will largely be dependent on the time slot it gets, and even then, there's still no guarantee that people will be interested enough to stay tuned in when it does air. A cable network like HBO has the flexibility to air their episodes multiple times throughout the days and weeks leading up to the bout, whereas CBS would likely only air each episode once and only once. There's just a lot of variables that are still unknown, so I'm just not sure if this will truly be a "good thing." Maybe. Maybe not. We shall see. My hunch is that it really makes no difference in the long run. The only real benefit here is that Bob Arum...and only Bob Arum...is going to get a shit load more money for a fight that 60-70% of you were bitching about when it first announced.

Just my two cents based on what I know regarding the situation. Maybe I should have written an article about it.

laugh.gif
Spyder
You're exactly right Hype.

Floyd ain't boxing anymore, and Manny is the ONLY mega-money fighter left.

HBO better pony up the cash before they see themselves become like the upper-weightclasses...irrelevant.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 22 2011, 12:29 PM) *
The jury is still out in my opinion. I'm not 100% convinced that this would be a "good move" for boxing or the promotion of the bout.

Keep in mind, at the end of the day, the decision to make such a move was motivated by MONEY...nothing else. When I was first told about the possibility three weeks ago, it was explained to me that Arum was looking to use it as leverage in hopes of getting HBO to pony up more money (i.e. the type of money they've generally reserved for De La Hoya or Mayweather fights) for the matchup. Obviously, HBO doesn't view the Pacquiao vs. Mosley clash as the same type of "mega-fight" that they've grown accustomed...particularly since they staged a "mega-fight" between Mosley and Mayweather the year prior, only to see Mosley get dominated. So whatever money HBO was offering for Pacquiao vs. Mosley, clearly it's not the type of money that Arum was wanting...especially since he views Manny Pacquiao as the ONLY cash cow fighting right now. That fact alone placed Arum in a position to go to HBO and basically tell them, "Look, Floyd's not fighting any time soon and you guys don't have any other superstar to generate the type of mega-fight money that Manny can. You need to SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!"

So anyway, long story short, while it sounds as though it might be a "good thing" to have a 24/7 type series on CBS (and for the record, my source also told me that it would likely be more than 4 episodes...more like 6-8 episodes), I'm just skeptical as to whether or not it will work. It will largely be dependent on the time slot it gets, and even then, there's still no guarantee that people will be interested enough to stay tuned in when it does air. A cable network like HBO has the flexibility to air their episodes multiple times throughout the days and weeks leading up to the bout, whereas CBS would likely only air each episode once and only once. There's just a lot of variables that are still unknown, so I'm just not sure if this will truly be a "good thing." Maybe. Maybe not. We shall see. My hunch is that it really makes no difference in the long run. The only real benefit here is that Bob Arum...and only Bob Arum...is going to get a shit load more money for a fight that 60-70% of you were bitching about when it first announced.

Just my two cents based on what I know regarding the situation. Maybe I should have written an article about it.

laugh.gif

i would have loved to have read more in depth about the goings on of this situation ben-jo... it would be nice if you could cook up something on the bradley alexander situation up to this point also the week before the fight type of thing.. update on sales bradleys flu/cold etc... lol... i just love reading the stuff... lol..
Jack 1000
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 22 2011, 12:29 PM) *

laugh.gif

Great points Ben,

I just checked MaxBoxing and so far the undercard is going to be Soto-Antillon II! A rematch of their great fight last year. Does this mean that that fight, (listed as a PPV by Max Boxing) is going to be shown? Or CBS is ONLY going to show the really non-televised fights that don't make the PPV? If it's only the non-televised fights, most of the time, those have the quality of a Cracker Jack toy. If however, Soto-Antillon II is on the CBS schedule, AWESOME! However, if it is just the non-televised PPV's, that's like almost nothing.

So just to add to Ben's view, the success of this deal is going to totally depend on the type of fights being shown.

Jack
thehype
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 22 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Great points Ben,

I just checked MaxBoxing and so far the undercard is going to be Soto-Antillon II! A rematch of their great fight last year. Does this mean that that fight, (listed as a PPV by Max Boxing) is going to be shown? Or CBS is ONLY going to show the really non-televised fights that don't make the PPV? If it's only the non-televised fights, most of the time, those have the quality of a Cracker Jack toy. If however, Soto-Antillon II is on the CBS schedule, AWESOME! However, if it is just the non-televised PPV's, that's like almost nothing.

So just to add to Ben's view, the success of this deal is going to totally depend on the type of fights being shown.

Jack

Huh?

dntknw.gif

I don't think you'll be seeing ANY fights on CBS. Just a Pacquiao vs. Mosley documentary leading up to the PPV.
D-MARV
Good for Showtime...

I doubt this will hurt HBO though. Obviously, they didn't think this fight was such a "Mega Fight" anyway.
thehype
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 22 2011, 07:53 PM) *
Good for Showtime...

I doubt this will hurt HBO though. Obviously, they didn't think this fight was such a "Mega Fight" anyway.

Hurt HBO? No. But hurt HBO Boxing? I think it might. I mean, they've grown accustomed to being involved in fights that generate massive revenue, and usually those fights have involved De La Hoya, Mayweather, and more recently, Manny Pacquiao. With De La Hoya retired, Mayweather's career up in the air, and Manny Pacquiao fighting on Showtime, that doesn't leave HBO with very many big PPV opportunities. Without any PPV fights, HBO Boxing, or more specifically the money allocated by HBO for the sport, could suffer in the future.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 22 2011, 05:56 PM) *
Huh?

dntknw.gif

I don't think you'll be seeing ANY fights on CBS. Just a Pacquiao vs. Mosley documentary leading up to the PPV.

Thanks for the clarification. God forbid they might do a decent under-card fight on free TV! I personally believe that the 24/7 stuff is little more than a PR game to get more people to buy the PPV. Think of the money that could be put to better use, where instead of doing the 24/7 series, the powers that be could show some live fights!

I think I saw one or maybe two of them at most, and I was like, "This money could be invested better by getting some live boxing back on weekend afternoons." And I still feel that way.

The 24/7 thing is sort of like when Wide World of Sports would do a half-hour pre-fight show, and than do the live fight. But now, it's like, "OK, here's the pre-fight hype about the fighters and their background, but if you actually want to see the fight, fork up $54.95 for the PPV."

Such is the business of boxing today.

Jack
caneman
I found this interesting myself!!!! Bye bye HBO?
gravytrain
No, Arum didn't get his way and is showing HBO how he feels about it. They'll still do business unless this fight gets amazing buys. Personally, I don't think it will.

caneman
Sorry that someone "somewhat" already posted this! My bad!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 23 2011, 02:56 PM) *
No, Arum didn't get his way and is showing HBO how he feels about it. They'll still do business unless this fight gets amazing buys. Personally, I don't think it will.

i know mosley got shut out by mayweather but i bet this fight does pretty well... a lot of the sistaz love shane mosley which in turn will give the husbands an excuse to throw a fight party and hook up his single friends with her friends... lol.... mix that with the casual fans that pac will bring in that dont know any better plus the die hards like myself that order for the undercard fights and for my fight collection and you get a pretty nice turn out... plus im sure there will be people that really feel mosley has a chance or has a chance based on that bs black slick fighter theory mold that mosley doesnt fit... take that and factor in cbs's coverage... everybody will be talking about the fight.... and if mo can at least look half descent in the fight and make it good it'll be a boost the sport needs...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 23 2011, 10:05 PM) *
i know mosley got shut out by mayweather but i bet this fight does pretty well... a lot of the sistaz love shane mosley which in turn will give the husbands an excuse to throw a fight party and hook up his single friends with her friends... lol.... mix that with the casual fans that pac will bring in that dont know any better plus the die hards like myself that order for the undercard fights and for my fight collection and you get a pretty nice turn out... plus im sure there will be people that really feel mosley has a chance or has a chance based on that bs black slick fighter theory mold that mosley doesnt fit... take that and factor in cbs's coverage... everybody will be talking about the fight.... and if mo can at least look half descent in the fight and make it good it'll be a boost the sport needs...

I'm talking about significantly better than his last buy rate, so much more Arum would ditch HBO. I just don't think it'll happen.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 23 2011, 09:43 PM) *
I'm talking about significantly better than his last buy rate, so much more Arum would ditch HBO. I just don't think it'll happen.

oh no i agree there... but i hope it opens the door to cbs putting a few boxing dates on its schedule...
thehype
Whatever makes dollars makes sense. Manny Pacquiao will be back on HBO.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 24 2011, 04:31 AM) *
oh no i agree there... but i hope it opens the door to cbs putting a few boxing dates on its schedule...

that would be nice, i never got to catch boxing on TV like that. i'm interested to know how it'd work out like whether it just shows the fight in its entirety or with commercials and shit. personally i think they just try to hype it on CBS then put the fight on Showtime PPV.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 25 2011, 12:38 AM) *
that would be nice, i never got to catch boxing on TV like that. i'm interested to know how it'd work out like whether it just shows the fight in its entirety or with commercials and shit. personally i think they just try to hype it on CBS then put the fight on Showtime PPV.

if its on free tv your gonna have commercials from the sponcers of the fights between rounds... not every round but most of them...
edd098
read the hauser article. raised some interesting points. what do you guys think of it?

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/promo-lead/h...-manny-pacquiao
Jack 1000
My concern is that Showtime and CBS and pulling all of this new over-the-air (OTA) broadcast advertising time, basically banking it on one fight. This has to be taken into consideration, because can anyone, really see this, as little more than Pacquiao doing a one-sided beat-down on Mosley? This is a shot Mosley, there is no chance of him winning.

This isn't Mayweather-Pacquiao, where the world will be watching and on paper, boxing has this biggest hype-fight since Ali-Frazier. Shane is really a has-been. Kudos that the powers that be are promoting the series on CBS, where some discussion of boxing can be generated with the prime time series. But we aren't putting all the eggs into a Mayweather-Pacquiao basket, where something like this would be huge. The general public instead will anticipate Pacquiao-Mosley as a competitive fight, with the 2nd round of Mayweather-Mosley being played over and over again. This will lull non-boxing, you know, the main-stream casual sports fan into thinking this is a competitive fight. The boxing fans know better. The boxing writer's aren't exactly thrilled either.

This type of promotion should be done for Pacquiao-Mayweather, not Pacquiao-Mosley.

Jack
edd098
IMO, we really have good product to market in pac, who can make a one-sided beating that exciting (save for the clottey fight). besides we can't wait for FMJ's urge to come back while pac is slipping away. if the concern is that it might backlash, where the most casual of fans shied away from boxing after seeing the fight, well it wouldn't be the first time (DLH vs. FMJ).

this is a chance to re-introduce boxing to free tv and make boxing more than a niche sport. right now only two products are viable. pac and fmj. the latter is mired with court dates and is looking a lot more in retirement.

if i were to hazard a guess, this is arum's way of inciting HBO to do what it should have done a long time ago, form an alliance with its sister networks (TNT/TBS) all owned by Time Warner, to promote boxing. when do you think we'll see another crossover superstar to market in free tv? btw, pac and mosley aren't exactly the clotteys and moras (no offense meant, i like clottey) whose styles leaves a bitter taste in a casual fans mouth.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 27 2011, 01:31 AM) *
My concern is that Showtime and CBS and pulling all of this new over-the-air (OTA) broadcast advertising time, basically banking it on one fight. This has to be taken into consideration, because can anyone, really see this, as little more than Pacquiao doing a one-sided beat-down on Mosley? This is a shot Mosley, there is no chance of him winning.

This isn't Mayweather-Pacquiao, where the world will be watching and on paper, boxing has this biggest hype-fight since Ali-Frazier. Shane is really a has-been. Kudos that the powers that be are promoting the series on CBS, where some discussion of boxing can be generated with the prime time series. But we aren't putting all the eggs into a Mayweather-Pacquiao basket, where something like this would be huge. The general public instead will anticipate Pacquiao-Mosley as a competitive fight, with the 2nd round of Mayweather-Mosley being played over and over again. This will lull non-boxing, you know, the main-stream casual sports fan into thinking this is a competitive fight. The boxing fans know better. The boxing writer's aren't exactly thrilled either.

This type of promotion should be done for Pacquiao-Mayweather, not Pacquiao-Mosley.

Jack

Good points Jack but surely you have to start somewhere? If Pac and PBF can't get their shit together and this is the guy whom the congressman is fighting then so be it.

The second thing I'd say is that Pac has a crowd pleasing TV friendly style. So does Mosley if he faces the right opponent. My point being the general population won't care if it is a one sided beatdown so long as it is 'an action' fight. We all know that Pac even at his most dominant is prepared to throw away defence and eat some shots to throw his own.

The general public aren't tuning in to watch the nuances of the fight (hence Bradley/Alexander will probably tank at the box office) they are tuning in to see blood, haymakers and KO's.

When Tyson was at his most popular were people turning on their TV's to see a close fight or were they watching to see how badly Mike would hurt his opponents?

Actually if I knew someone whom I wanted to get into boxing this is the kind of fight I'd get them to watch, plenty of action but with still a high skill level. Some guys at my work watched Pac/Marg and they loved it purely because Pac just brung it to the guy. Didn't matter that it was a massacre.

If the CBS shows get casual fans to tune in my guess is they won't be disappointed. Those newer fans don't wanna see no fucken shoulder roll laugh.gif

EAlbian
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 27 2011, 04:31 AM) *
Good points Jack but surely you have to start somewhere? If Pac and PBF can't get their shit together and this is the guy whom the congressman is fighting then so be it.

The second thing I'd say is that Pac has a crowd pleasing TV friendly style. So does Mosley if he faces the right opponent. My point being the general population won't care if it is a one sided beatdown so long as it is 'an action' fight. We all know that Pac even at his most dominant is prepared to throw away defence and eat some shots to throw his own.

The general public aren't tuning in to watch the nuances of the fight (hence Bradley/Alexander will probably tank at the box office) they are tuning in to see blood, haymakers and KO's.

When Tyson was at his most popular were people turning on their TV's to see a close fight or were they watching to see how badly Mike would hurt his opponents?

Actually if I knew someone whom I wanted to get into boxing this is the kind of fight I'd get them to watch, plenty of action but with still a high skill level. Some guys at my work watched Pac/Marg and they loved it purely because Pac just brung it to the guy. Didn't matter that it was a massacre.

If the CBS shows get casual fans to tune in my guess is they won't be disappointed. Those newer fans don't wanna see no fucken shoulder roll laugh.gif

I gotta agree with this. I showed a couple of my friends Mosley VS Margarito, which was a pure beat down, and they loved it. Sometimes a one sided beat down does more than a technically flawless performance.

I can't wait for Pac to be a 2-1 favorite over Mayweather after all the casual suckers get off on this massacre. Maybe this amount of spotlight will bring Mayweather to the challenge of getting this fight made.
Jack 1000
Thinking about this more,

This may be as similarly stated above. The idea of building up Manny Pacquiao to mainstream over the air, commercial non-cable, and a move to standard broadcast TV for advertising revenue. Get a C to C+ list of opponents who are good enough to get some rounds in, but not good enough to be a threat to Manny losing.

And Manny's fights are almost always exciting so it's a good marketing tool. And it sends a message to HBO that the world does not begin, and bark on command exclusively to the fighters you have under contract. Maybe it's time to get off the Delahoya/Al Haymon bandwagon. And this involvement with CBS is a good beginning.

Jack
edd098
After the bradley vs. alexander fight, the move to showtime just got interesting. And this excerpt of the recent hauser article really is insightful..

"Bradley and Alexander are good young fighters but HBO is spending close to $4,000,000 on the license fee, marketing, and production costs for a fight that most likely will draw a poor rating because only hardcore boxing fans are interested in it. Also, styles make fights and this could turn out to be a boring styles match-up.

Worse, HBO has mortgaged its future to make Bradley-Alexander. Each fighter (in tandem with his respective promoter) has been guaranteed a second fight for a license fee of at least $3,000,000. This means that, unless their first encounter warrants a rematch, three fights involving these two boxers will command almost 25% of HBO’s license fees in 2011."
Hops
That's a huge sum of money, $4M for a so-so fight.

The time when Don King moved his fighters to Showtime was different from today. We don't have too much crowd pleasers now. The move to Showtime, if permanent and draws high ratings, will really hurt HBO boxing.
leonthegay
Whoa.. from what Ive read, Arum was upset with HBO for not picking up the Cotto/Mayorga fight or at least giving a decent purse considering what they pay for Bertos crap fights so hes taking Pac/Mosley away. I mean HBO actually put Mosley/Mora on PPV lol.. If this move works and the SHO PPV makes big numbers this will definitly for HBO to put up better fights than whatever inhouse bullshit GBP throws at them or watching Berto fight another bum. But Arum is about the money so its just a one time deal for now.
edd098
QUOTE (leonthegay @ Jan 31 2011, 06:34 PM) *
Whoa.. from what Ive read, Arum was upset with HBO for not picking up the Cotto/Mayorga fight or at least giving a decent purse considering what they pay for Bertos crap fights so hes taking Pac/Mosley away. I mean HBO actually put Mosley/Mora on PPV lol.. If this move works and the SHO PPV makes big numbers this will definitly for HBO to put up better fights than whatever inhouse bullshit GBP throws at them or watching Berto fight another bum. But Arum is about the money so its just a one time deal for now.

what arum originally offered was the cotto vs. martiryosan fight for 1.5 M not the cotto v. mayorga. HBO turned it down. IMO, that would have been a good scrap. And better, financially, than berto vs. hernandez which was for 3M, i think.
Run and Gun Game Calls
the size difference is greater than i thought it would be. Pac better be on his A game.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Feb 14 2011, 01:13 PM) *
the size difference is greater than i thought it would be. Pac better be on his A game.

Doesn't matter. Pacquiao has proven time and time again that size doesn't matter much because he neutralizes it with speed, footwork and work rate. A good example would be the DLH fight.
Fitz
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 15 2011, 08:43 AM) *
Doesn't matter. Pacquiao has proven time and time again that size doesn't matter much because he neutralizes it with speed, footwork and work rate. A good example would be the DLH fight.

Strongly disagree with that example Brutal. I think maybe Cotto, Margarito and Clottey are better examples, but definitely don't agree with the Oscar one. For me, most of that fight had to do with how poor DLH looked and dead he looked.
The weight wasn't good for him, and looked terrible in his fight before at 150 against Forbes, who he got hit a lot against. That was the first time DLH fought in that weight in about 8 years. I think DLH drained himself out of that fight more than Pacquiao won it with superior speed, footwork and work rate.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 14 2011, 03:43 PM) *

how anyone can still bring up the hoy fight is beyond me... oscar was a dead man walking in that fight... unbelievable you'd use that fight as an example... roach is on record saying he knew the fight was over at the staredown in the ring when he saw the track mark from hoyas i.v before the fight in his attempt to re hydrate.... you gots to do better than using hoya as a reference...
Big Slim Sweet
I don't think that photo's legit. Mosley's standing on something. His legs can't be that much longer than Manny's.

JLUV, I'm loving your new sig. That Adrian Stone KO was something else.
jlupi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weAhutjX4cU

press conf
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 15 2011, 08:31 AM) *
I don't think that photo's legit. Mosley's standing on something. His legs can't be that much longer than Manny's.

photos very legit slim... i found it and i will refind the original photo for you... thanks about the sig slim... apparently someone got into my account and deleted my old sig which was really nothing more than my old fighters from last years contest so i figured i'd up my sig a little... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 15 2011, 08:31 AM) *

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 15 2011, 03:21 PM) *

WTF something has got to be wrong there. That shit HAS to be photo shopped. Manny looks like Tattoo from Fantasy Island or something.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (jlupi @ Feb 15 2011, 12:39 PM) *

Look at both guys smiling at each other!! This fight for sure must be rigged!!!!!!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 15 2011, 04:50 PM) *
WTF something has got to be wrong there. That shit HAS to be photo shopped. Manny looks like Tattoo from Fantasy Island or something.

i dont know man that platform cant be but an inch and a half or so thick and mannies head is down from this shot... and what i notice in that photo as well is shane has on sneakers as opposed to pac having on boxing shoes... i know my sneakers give me an extra inch at least....
jlupi
ook at both guys smiling at each other!! This fight for sure must be rigged!!!!!!>>>>>

When did everything become a conspiracy on this site? If its rigged its because they know shane will have a hard time competing. Ever see the vid for holyfield tyson promo before he went to prison? they couldn't even pretend to face off w out cracking up.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (jlupi @ Feb 16 2011, 09:38 AM) *
ook at both guys smiling at each other!! This fight for sure must be rigged!!!!!!>>>>>

When did everything become a conspiracy on this site? If its rigged its because they know shane will have a hard time competing. Ever see the vid for holyfield tyson promo before he went to prison? they couldn't even pretend to face off w out cracking up.

I'm actually being ironic, it was more a nod to those who said the Pac/Clottey fight must be rigged coz they were smiling at each other in the press conferences.
JLUVBABY
i know some may not agree but these fights need a hint of bad blood... watching those 2 laughing and smiling and shooting the shit, to me that is, just doesnt look like two guys really heading into the heat of combat... not saying they have to have a fight up there but all that laughing and smiling to me once in the fight can possibly bring a level of respect thats not needed... just my opinion...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2011, 03:03 AM) *
i know some may not agree but these fights need a hint of bad blood... watching those 2 laughing and smiling and shooting the shit, to me that is, just doesnt look like two guys really heading into the heat of combat... not saying they have to have a fight up there but all that laughing and smiling to me once in the fight can possibly bring a level of respect thats not needed... just my opinion...

You'll love it when they touch gloves before each round then laugh.gif
SENTRAL
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2011, 02:03 AM) *

I agree. Animosity, hate or just cliched trash talking is how you help sell a show to the fans but all this laughing does is make me frown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.