Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyson Fury vs Frans Botha
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
London - The UK and Ireland's unbeaten 6ft 9in heavyweight sensation Tyson Fury will face his toughest opponent to date when he takes on Former World title challenger Francois Botha over 10 rounds in a "Special Feature Fight" at Wembley Arena on Saturday 19th February.

South African born Botha nicknamed the "White Buffalo" who has fought several marquee World Heavyweight Champions in his relatively distinguished career including the likes of Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Klitschko and most recently Evander Holyfield, has agreed to travel to the UK and face one of the most talked about prospects in World boxing.

"Botha's an experienced and very tough fighter and not a man to be taken lightly, He has shared the ring with some truly world class fighters in his time and experience is a big factor in boxing, but to be the best I must overcome all obstacles that I'm presented with, like him, I will never shy away from fighting an opponent." Said Tyson

He added "It will be my first time at Wembley arena, it is a prestigious venue and I'm looking forward to it. But I must stay focused and stick to my game plan and put on a good and enjoyable fight for the fans and ultimately to be victorious and join the greats who have added an "L" to his record."

Botha said in reply "This old man is coming to England to give him a boxing lesson. He is a young up and coming star in the UK but look at who he's fought and look at who I've fought and hopefully the UK will have a great fight as long as it lasts."

"The first time I fought Mike Tyson, for five rounds I gave him a lesson but got a little cocky in round six and paid the price. So at least now I have the opportunity to beat another Tyson."

"I would love to beat Tyson Fury first, and any on comers who want a shot at the former IBF and WBF world heavyweight champion."

"I have always been impressed by the knowledge of the English boxing supporter and look forward to coming back to England for this fight but my advice to Tyson Fury and all so called English contenders like David Price and even David Haye is "Put up or shut up".

"I hear that Tyson is a good fella and maybe I'll share a beer with him after he wakes up from the knockout the White Buffalo is going to impose upon him."

"See you all on the 19th, The Buffalo roams"

The great night of Championship Boxing at Wembley Arena will also see, Lightening Lenny Daws defending his British Light Welterweight title against Ashley "Treasure" Theophane. John O'Donnell and Craig Watson meeting for the 2nd time in as many years, this time fighting it out to be crowned the British Welterweight champion and Former Commonwealth challenger Lee "Lights out" Purdy defending his Southern Area title against Michael "The Look" Lomax.

Joining these great fighters at Wembley will be a host of talented young boxers including Haddenham's Tornado Tyler Goodjohn, Islington's John "the Gorilla" Ryder, Phill Fury of Lancaster and Chris "Flash" Evangelou of Enfield.

From BoxingScene.

Where is that fella....The huge Botha fan? How is Frans doing these days? Haven't seen anything of him in donkeys. Anyway, this is a good fight for Fury (who I don't rate at all) because he's taking on a far more experienced fighter than himself, and one with a name too.
JLUVBABY
hate to say it by i expect fury to win this one simply off his youth...
Maxy
It's a big step up for Fury, even though Botha is way past it these days. Never saw his last fight with Holyfield so don't know first hand how he looked but he couldn't have looked much if Fury and his people feel ready to face him.

I hear a lot of noise about Deontay Wilder but have yet to see him in a meaningful fight....maybe they could match him with Fury soon. Those sort of fights...prospect v prospect are very rare but it's the kinda match-up I always find interesting, especially as we are in the darkest days of heavyweight boxing EVER.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 23 2011, 12:11 PM) *
It's a big step up for Fury, even though Botha is way past it these days. Never saw his last fight with Holyfield so don't know first hand how he looked but he couldn't have looked much if Fury and his people feel ready to face him.

I hear a lot of noise about Deontay Wilder but have yet to see him in a meaningful fight....maybe they could match him with Fury soon. Those sort of fights...prospect v prospect are very rare but it's the kinda match-up I always find interesting, especially as we are in the darkest days of heavyweight boxing EVER.

i was actually chatting with deontay wilder bout a week or so ago on facebook... he's been laying low cultivating his product in the ring which makes sense... he's trying to bring a fight to houston so that would be cool.. id like to see him live to get a good feel of what he might have the potential to become... he seems to be pretty grounded from what i can tell, married etc so a little money may not be a problem for him... i hope he becomes a contender... it would be fun...
Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 23 2011, 01:36 PM) *
i was actually chatting with deontay wilder bout a week or so ago on facebook... he's been laying low cultivating his product in the ring which makes sense... he's trying to bring a fight to houston so that would be cool.. id like to see him live to get a good feel of what he might have the potential to become... he seems to be pretty grounded from what i can tell, married etc so a little money may not be a problem for him... i hope he becomes a contender... it would be fun...

Cool mate. Yeah everything I've read suggests he's a decent bloke but I'm a little unsure why he's rated as possibly America's next big heavyweight star....at least by some. He started boxing late on in life, did very well as an amateur but isn't making major waves as a pro...yet.

Whatever happened to Malik Scott?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 23 2011, 12:46 PM) *
Cool mate. Yeah everything I've read suggests he's a decent bloke but I'm a little unsure why he's rated as possibly America's next big heavyweight star....at least by some. He started boxing late on in life, did very well as an amateur but isn't making major waves as a pro...yet.

probably cuzz the talent pool is very limited... lol... honestly man we had a lot of great fighters in the past because they fought themselves out of poverty as is the case most of the time... the way our system works today is you can be poor and still maintain a fare existance so the hunger isnt there like it used to be.. and the talent thats out there is foing to football or basketball... not as many inner city gyms anymore like back in the day... thats where our talent is going... football basketball and prison... lol...
Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 23 2011, 01:51 PM) *
probably cuzz the talent pool is very limited... lol... honestly man we had a lot of great fighters in the past because they fought themselves out of poverty as is the case most of the time... the way our system works today is you can be poor and still maintain a fare existance so the hunger isnt there like it used to be.. and the talent thats out there is foing to football or basketball... not as many inner city gyms anymore like back in the day... thats where our talent is going... football basketball and prison... lol...

It's a shame man....shit, I ain't being morbid or nothing but for selfish reasons, I hope the state of the western worlds finances breeds a whole bunch of hungry American heavyweights cos the charisma they bring absolutely fuckin' destroys that of any other nation!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 23 2011, 01:01 PM) *
It's a shame man....shit, I ain't being morbid or nothing but for selfish reasons, I hope the state of the western worlds finances breeds a whole bunch of hungry American heavyweights cos the charisma they bring absolutely fuckin' destroys that of any other nation!

well thats just it... i dont know what the world views are but our finances arent as bad as some might think... least i dont see it or maybe im justa lil more fortunate than others i dont know (i mean im not filthy rich but im not broke either) but as a whole from what i can tell we arent doing too bad... i mean then there is detroit but that city and area has been on the decline for a while... and like i said before its not like it used to be... i cant speak for the whole nation but our projects or ghettos in my city are as nice as some of the town houses on the other side of town... govt assistance and food stamps and they are set... why work?... lol...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
This is a tough fight to call, it could go one of 2 ways. Either Botha knocks out Fury or Fury knocks out Fury. laugh.gif
gravytrain
Deontay Wilder has a fair chance of being a big HW, they're going to wait for when Wlad is gone though. That's how I see it anyway. I'm thinking some see him as the next American HW star since he's 6'7" 220 pounds and will most likely be 230-240 once he starts trying to make a serious run in the division.

I think the big reason American HWs are on the decline is because the NBA and NFL just have more to offer, so even all the athletes that like boxing in the NBA and NFL could have been good HWs if they took boxing up basketball and football just had a stronger pull on them. I can't blame them with basketball, at one time you could get drafted out of high school and have a city to represent, owner and league marketing you, millions of dollars, and endorsements. In boxing you'd be beginning your career taking learning fights til you're probably 19 or 20. That and other sports rose in popularity so young kids would be looking up to different athletes, your favorite fighter most likely got fucked up in a fight too so that could turn you away lol.
BGv2.0
I will consult with the tomes on this one....it will take me a few days as the track to get there is at least a four day hike thru mountains and snow drifts....it is possible that The White Buffalo (as in the one on the site, who took the master's name) has already made the journey and is on his way back to tell the world of the readings.

Bottom line...there is not enough Fury in this particular Tyson to survive the Man-God's Wrath.

I'm betting his entrails fly out of his mouth and into the front row with the first body shot the Buffalo lands!
Maxy
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 23 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Bottom line...there is not enough Fury in this particular Tyson to survive the Man-God's Wrath.

Excellent line. Sums up Mr Fury perfectly.
lloyd mayflower
Its only a matter of time before he appears on big fat gypsy weddings. Pikey bastard
stateofthegame
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 24 2011, 12:46 AM) *

He is still lurking around. He has not fought in forever, but he is always talking noise on facebook.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (stateofthegame @ Jan 25 2011, 12:09 PM) *
He is still lurking around. He has not fought in forever, but he is always talking noise on facebook.

facebook and youtube... he's a good talker... you'd think if he was so good he would step up and get active... he may have skills etc but it seems he is hiding something... glass chin perhaps?...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.