Full Version: Smartybeardo's 3rd Weekend Challenge
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Current January & Overall Standings;

SmartyBeardo = 19

Lil-Lightsout = 17

EAlbian = 16

JLUVBABY = 11

This thing is on-going for the year. There is plenty of time to catch up in the overall competition (though you are pretty much out of luck for the January 3 point prize).

There is a surprise prize for each weekend champion (or you can poontang out and take an extra point instead). JLUVBABY has a 2 lb smoked salmon swimming his way for winning the 2nd Weekend Challenge. EAlbian has a surprise trying to find him for winning the 1st Weekend Challenge.

What will be the 3rd Weekend Challenge prize? Only SmartyBeardo knows (actually, I don't think that far ahead, but I will know before you).

Fuck this logistical crap . . . on with the picks.

SMARTYBEARDO'S 3RD WEEKEND CHALLENGE FIGHTS (All picks must be in by FRIDAY, 9:00 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME [PST]- that is Noon for the Ivy League crowd, and the rest just got to figger it out.

FRIDAY 1/28/2011

Ajose Olusegun v Ali Chebah

Joey Abell v Chris (ManBoobs) Arreola

Mike Dallas Jr v Josesito Lopez

David Diaz v Robert Frankel

SATURDAY 1/29/2011

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr v Billy Lyell

Michael Medina v Saul Roman

Austin Trout v Rigoberto Alvarez

Cassius Baloyi v Argenis Mendez

NOW HEAR THIS . . . BY DECREE OF SmartyBeardo . . . DOUBLE POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR THE Alexander v Bradley fight . . . That is all.

Devon Alexander v Timothy Bradley

Vernon Paris v Emanuel Augustus

MONDAY 1/31/2011 (Tokyo Rumbles)

Ryol Li Lee v Akifumi Shimoda

Takashi Miura v Takashi Uchiyama

REMINDER; My fights, My rules, My prizes.

Just pick a winner and by what method; UD, SD, MD (TDs will go by scorecard), Stoppage (pick a round- DQ counts as stoppage by the way). Draws and No Contests are also options

1 point for choosing a winner

1 extra point for choosing the correct method of victory

1 extra point for calling a stoppage

2 extra points for calling the correct round of stoppage

2 points for calling a Draw

2 points for calling a No Contest

If there is a tie SmartyBeardo will flip a coin to determine the winner unless he feels benevolent and gives all those tied their prize or extra point.

If SmartyBeardo wins a Weekend Challenge, 2nd place will be awarded the Surprise Prize (the extra point is not an option in that case).

If SmartyBeardo wins a Monthly Challenge, he will graciously accept from himself the 3 extra points awarded for that accomplishment.

If SmartyBeardo wins the Overall 2011 Points Championship, 2nd place will receive the as yet undisclosed amount of 2011 Holiday Cash.

If there is a tie for the Overall 2011 Points Championship, the as yet undisclosed amount of 2011 Holiday cash will be split between those tied.

SmartyBeardo reserves the right to skip weekends if the professional necessity arises for digital silence (which may be soon), or if I feel like it.

Can I take a nap now?
SmartyBeardo
Chebah TKO 8

Arreola KO 4

Lopez TKO 9

Diaz TKO 7

Chavez Jr TKO 6

Medina KO3

Trout TKO 11

Mendez TKO 9

Bradley TKO 4

Paris TKO 7

Lee TKO 12

Uchiyama TKO 8

Notice a trend? I'm going off the grid for a bit. Hope to post scores and the next challenge next Monday, but no promises. Whenever I do return I will update. Hopefully I won't be the only participant this week.
JLUVBABY
Chebah TKO 8

Arreola ud

Lopez TKO 9

Diaz TKO 7

Chavez Jr ko 10

Medina KO3

Trout ud 12

Mendez TKO 9

Bradley ud 12

Paris TKO 7

Lee ud 12

Uchiyama TKO 8
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 23 2011, 04:34 PM) *
SMARTYBEARDO'S 3RD WEEKEND CHALLENGE FIGHTS (All picks must be in by FRIDAY, 9:00 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME [PST]- that is Noon for the Ivy League crowd, and the rest just got to figger it out.

FRIDAY 1/28/2011

Ajose Olusegun(UD) v Ali Chebah Really impressed with Olusegun, great handspeed and movement. This guy could really be a force at 140. This might be the best fight of the weekend!

Joey Abell v Chris (ManBoobs) Arreola(TKO 8)

Mike Dallas Jr(UD) v Josesito Lopez Dallas has the skills to win but lopez is very tough. If Mike doesnt stay on the move and behind the jab then Lopez will punish that body. Tough fight to call

David Diaz(MD) v Robert Frankel

SATURDAY 1/29/2011

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr(TKO8) v Billy Lyell

Michael Medina(UD) v Saul Roman

Austin Trout v Rigoberto Alvarez(SD)

Cassius Baloyi v Argenis Mendez(UD)

NOW HEAR THIS . . . BY DECREE OF SmartyBeardo . . . DOUBLE POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR THE Alexander v Bradley fight . . . That is all.

Devon Alexander(KO7) v Timothy Bradley

Vernon Paris(UD) v Emanuel Augustus

MONDAY 1/31/2011 (Tokyo Rumbles)

Ryol Li Lee(UD)v Akifumi Shimoda

Takashi Miura v Takashi Uchiyama(TKO 7)

REMINDER; My fights, My rules, My prizes.
EAlbian
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 24 2011, 04:49 AM) *
Chebah TKO 8

Arreola ud

Lopez TKO 9

Diaz TKO 7

Chavez Jr ko 10

Medina KO3

Trout ud 12

Mendez TKO 9

Bradley ud 12

Paris TKO 7

Lee ud 12

Uchiyama TKO 8

piggybacking off of Beardo huh??
SmartyBeardo
Due to not completely unforeseen circumstances at an airport today, SmartyBeardo will be indisposed for an undetermined length of time. Eventually, SmartyBeardo's 4th Weekend Challenge will happen. In the meantime the 3rd Weekend Challenge and the January Championship are up for grabs.

If you are into praying, now would be a good time to start.

Game on.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Jan 24 2011, 09:39 AM) *
piggybacking off of Beardo huh??

no i think you'll notice our picks are different we just happen to agree with some of the same fighters winning...
EAlbian
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 24 2011, 06:58 PM) *
no i think you'll notice our picks are different we just happen to agree with some of the same fighters winning...

I was just kidding with you, plus if you guys pick the same outcomes i have a greater probability to win. How's that salmon? i gotta put up a pic of the "prize" i received hahaha
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Jan 26 2011, 04:48 PM) *
I was just kidding with you, plus if you guys pick the same outcomes i have a greater probability to win. How's that salmon? i gotta put up a pic of the "prize" i received hahaha

it hasnt made it here yet.... im waiting!!!!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 26 2011, 08:53 PM) *
it hasnt made it here yet.... im waiting!!!!

That salmon will never be arriving JLUV. Now Beardo has your address he is hot footing his way to your house to take you down. I'll wager you will disappear soon only for your remains be found some years from now on a hillside.

I suspect he plans to knock off all FH posters though this competition laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 26 2011, 11:00 PM) *
That salmon will never be arriving JLUV. Now Beardo has your address he is hot footing his way to your house to take you down. I'll wager you will disappear soon only for your remains be found some years from now on a hillside.

I suspect he plans to knock off all FH posters though this competition laugh.gif

i live in south east texas man... i hope he is cajun or country cuzz if not he's in trouble before he ever gets here... lol...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 27 2011, 12:58 AM) *
i live in south east texas man... i hope he is cajun or country cuzz if not he's in trouble before he ever gets here... lol...

Beardo can take a fly off your shoulder from 500 yards. You won't even know he's there.............until it's too late laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
Chebah KO5
Arreola KO3
Dallas UD
Diaz TKO4
Chavez TKO6
Medina KO7
Trout UD
Baloyi UD
Bradley TKO9
Paris UD
Shimoda UD
Uchiyama TKO5
SmartyBeardo
SmartyBeardo's 3rd Weekend Challenge Results:

JLUV & SmartyBeardo tie with 16 points (therefore JLUV will receive the an extra 2 points toward the overall standings since SmartyBeardo is unable to accomplish the logistics of sending a prize at this time)

Lil' LightsOut = 14

EAlbian = 13

Final January Standings:

SmartyBeardo = 35 (wins 3 extra points towards overall for winning monthly championship).

Lil' LightsOut = 31

EAlbian = 29 (sorry about the lame prize but I never promised you a bag of Northwest weed)

JLUV = 29

Overall Standings:

SmartyBeardo = 38

Lil' LightsOut = 31

JLUV and EAlbian = 29

Due to current circumstances SmartyBeardo's Weekend Challenge is suspended indefinitely.

BTW (Ollie), I caught the Alexander v Bradley fight at a Kiwi Roadhouse before flying on. Devon lived up to his cute name (quitter). Evander needs to have a word with him. He shouldn't quit until he's in his late 40's (like his daddy).
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 12 2011, 11:56 PM) *
BTW (Ollie), I caught the Alexander v Bradley fight at a Kiwi Roadhouse before flying on. Devon lived up to his cute name (quitter). Evander needs to have a word with him. He shouldn't quit until he's in his late 40's (like his daddy).

roflmao... man so true... lol..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.