Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Çotto or Martinez march 12... Who gets DVR'd and who gets Watched?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingStill#1
Even though the Martinez fight is free,... I'm curious to see what fight would be of more interest..

Cotto Mayorga is gonna be a good scrap,..I think I'm gonna order it for sure and DVR Martinez..
gravytrain
Watch Marinez, don't really give a fuck about Cotto.
JLUVBABY
think imma watch martinez and catch cotto mayorga on streamm.. depends on the undercard... if the undercard has any intriguing fights then ill order it for the hell of it and dvr martinez... whats the under card to cotto looking like?
'
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 25 2011, 11:02 PM) *
I probably won't have a choice here, as they will probably only show one. But I would pick Cotto without a doubt.

youve got a choice young fizt... catch the other on stream...
JLUVBABY
there will be streams for both fights... remind me the day of the fight and ill send you links for both.... @ fitz...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 26 2011, 12:47 AM) *
I will probably just download the other one they don't show, and watch it later that night.

I can't do streams, they have done my head in the past. They lag, drop out (from my experience) and it's just really choppy. I honestly don't know how people can watch a fight like that, unless they are able to get smooth running ones without interruptions.

if your connection is strong most of my streams are as good as watching them on television...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 25 2011, 11:05 PM) *
think imma watch martinez and catch cotto mayorga on streamm.. depends on the undercard... if the undercard has any intriguing fights then ill order it for the hell of it and dvr martinez... whats the under card to cotto looking like?
'

Foreman/Wolak, Miguel Vazquez/Leonardo Zappavigna, and Christy Martin fighting someone.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 26 2011, 01:49 AM) *
Foreman/Wolak, Miguel Vazquez/Leonardo Zappavigna, and Christy Martin fighting someone.

that christy martin is a trooper huh?... lol... just got shot up and stabbed and getting back in the ring... guess she needs to go buy her and her lover some new strap ons...lol...
salvador
It's hard to imagine anyone on this board (even if they take the high road in the thread) missing Cotto-Mayorga for Martinez vs. a relative unknown unless it comes down to money.
TheFonz
Cotto Vs. Mayo for me.
Lil-lightsout
Easily Cotto-Mayorga for me. Will be an entertaining affair for sure, and I am really curious to see how both fighters look.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 26 2011, 03:04 AM) *
that christy martin is a trooper huh?... lol... just got shot up and stabbed and getting back in the ring... guess she needs to go buy her and her lover some new strap ons...lol...

You've to grow to be tough being a female athlete, after realizing nobody gives a fuck about women in sports and your career as a professional athlete is a joke you probably become hard as nails.

QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 26 2011, 08:53 AM) *
It's hard to imagine anyone on this board (even if they take the high road in the thread) missing Cotto-Mayorga for Martinez vs. a relative unknown unless it comes down to money.

I'd rather watch Martinez whoop some ass then support a weak PPV I've no interest in . Arum isn't getting my money for some bullshit, if he wants my cash he can make a decent headline and good undercard. With cards like this I just stream the fight or catch the main event on youtube.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 26 2011, 03:09 PM) *
I'd rather watch Martinez whoop some ass then support a weak PPV I've no interest in . Arum isn't getting my money for some bullshit, if he wants my cash he can make a decent headline and good undercard. With cards like this I just stream the fight or catch the main event on youtube.

I'm actually surprised there is no interest in this one?... Not just you, but some other members. I got this fight as a must see for fight fans,,,

Martinez is also entertaining. His fight is also important being that his opponent is undefeated and is also a champion.

Still,.. I'm not remotely as excited as I am for Mayorga and Cotto.... Both fighters in a do or die situation,.. Can't wait till fight night,....
D-MARV
Cotto-Mayorga is a must see. Guaranteed Action!
gravytrain
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 26 2011, 09:42 PM) *
I'm actually surprised there is no interest in this one?... Not just you, but some other members. I got this fight as a must see for fight fans,,,

Martinez is also entertaining. His fight is also important being that his opponent is undefeated and is also a champion.

Still,.. I'm not remotely as excited as I am for Mayorga and Cotto.... Both fighters in a do or die situation,.. Can't wait till fight night,....

Mayorga is pretty fucking far beyond do or die, he's get paid or die trying. Must see fight? I'll watch it, I just refuse to pay for the PPV. It's a bullshit card and a bullshit fight, I'm not going to put money in their pockets for a PPV I think is shitty. That's exactly why they put on shitty PPVs; people buy them. If this was a couple years ago I'd gladly order this and record Martinez.

I'd rather watch Martinez because he's at the top of his game, one of the top fighters[though he doesn't make premier fighter money], and just like seeing an athletic guy that can box in the ring. I'd like to see him beat the breaks off of someone instead of Cotto plodding around the ring looking half punch drunk.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'll stream the Cotto fight and watch the Martinez fight. Martinez is the more relevant fighter right now. He just knocked out Williams, and he's in the top 5 p4p. If Mayorga wouldn't talk a ton of shit, nobody would even care about this fight. People would not pay for a PPV if Mayorga didn't do such a good job talking before a fight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jan 27 2011, 05:10 PM) *
If Mayorga wouldn't talk a ton of shit, nobody would even care about this fight. People would not pay for a PPV if Mayorga didn't do such a good job talking before a fight.

Disagree.

I do like the way Mayorga talks smack, but he does come to fight and is very heavy handed and usually makes for very entertaining fights. I think him and Cotto match up well and will make an exciting fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 27 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Disagree.

I do like the way Mayorga talks smack, but he does come to fight and is very heavy handed and usually makes for very entertaining fights. I think him and Cotto match up well and will make an exciting fight.

Agreed... This should be an entertaining fight!

Shit, Cotto-Foreman turned out to be a decent scrap. Cotto is hardly ever in a dull fight!
Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 28 2011, 12:55 PM) *

Shit, Cotto-Foreman turned out to be a decent scrap. Cotto is hardly ever in a dull fight!

Exactly, and you can say the same for Mayorga hardly ever being in a dull fight. Even in his losing performances, they have been entertaining.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 27 2011, 08:55 PM) *

Absolutely.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 27 2011, 09:13 PM) *
Exactly, and you can say the same for Mayorga hardly ever being in a dull fight. Even in his losing performances, they have been entertaining.

You know some people can rip on this fight by saying Cotto has lost a few steps, or Mayorga is too inactive and has won nothing of late, but the bottom line is they both come to fight and make for entertaining fights. We all loved the Gatti-Ward fights, and it was not for their P4P status or their prime skills. It was the excitement they created in the ring. Period.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 27 2011, 09:36 PM) *
Absolutely.

You know some people can rip on this fight by saying Cotto has lost a few steps, or Mayorga is too inactive and has won nothing of late, but the bottom line is they both come to fight and make for entertaining fights. We all loved the Gatti-Ward fights, and it was not for their P4P status or their prime skills. It was the excitement they created in the ring. Period.

If this was free I wouldn't rip it, I just don't buy shitty cards on principal. This is a fight that gets buys purely from boxing fans, if Arum and King didn't know we're suckers it'd be on for free.
TheFonz
Just order Showtime and you won't have to order the PPV.
gravytrain
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 30 2011, 10:47 AM) *
Just order Showtime and you won't have to order the PPV.

you still have to buy the PPV whether you have Showtime or not.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jan 31 2011, 12:04 AM) *
you still have to buy the PPV whether you have Showtime or not.

i think he means showtime will air it later...
TheFonz
Showtime usually airs their PPVs on their regular channel at the same time. Might be different with this fight but they have done it with every PPV they have had in the last 2 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.