Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multi scheduled fights.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Noticed recently a couple of fighters planning ahead or calling other fighters out when they already got big fights coming up. We just saw very recently with Evander not getting the W over the weekend who already had fight with Nielson signed.

I may have left some fighters outs but here a five fighters that I'm aware of that have already got more than 1 fight scheduled..

ADAMEK - McBride/Klitchkos? (it's official Adamek is fighting a Klitschko but it's not confirmed on which brother apparently??)
W.KLITSCHKO - Chisora/Adamek?
V.KLITSCHKO - Solis/Adamek?
ABRAHAM - Bozic/Ward
COTTO - Mayorga/Margarito

Does anyone see an upset loss appearing before any of these fighters have the 2nd scheduled bout? With the Klitschkos/Ademak triangle now that leaves a lot of opportunities.

I think all 5 fighters will get past their first fights.

Any spoilers?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jan 26 2011, 08:48 AM) *
Noticed recently a couple of fighters planning ahead or calling other fighters out when they already got big fights coming up. We just saw very recently with Evander not getting the W over the weekend who already had fight with Nielson signed.

I may have left some fighters outs but here a five fighters that I'm aware of that have already got more than 1 fight scheduled..

ADAMEK - Tuneup/Klitchkos? (it's official Adamek is fighting a Klitschko but it's not confirmed on which brother apparently??)
W.KLITSCHKO - Chisora/Adamek?
V.KLITSCHKO - Solis/Adamek?
ABRAHAM - Tuneup/Ward
COTTO - Mayorga/Margarito

Does anyone see an upset loss appearing before any of these fighters have the 2nd scheduled bout? With the Klitschkos/Ademak triangle now that leaves a lot of opportunities.

I think all 5 fighters will get past their first fights.

Any spoilers?

It be funny if this tuneup guy beats Abraham, lol.

Mayo has a punchers chance.

This is a great topic idea to discuss past fighters who blew a big fight opportunity by losing a tune-up.
thehype
I like Mayorga and Chisora's chances...everybody else is safe I think. And even in Cotto's case, should Mayorga beat him, he could still fight Margarito or Mosley. LOL.
salvador
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 26 2011, 12:10 PM) *
I like Mayorga and Chisora's chances...everybody else is safe I think. And even in Cotto's case, should Mayorga beat him, he could still fight Margarito or Mosley. LOL.

And I'll go out on a limb and suggest that even if Cotto loses to Mayorga and Marg that ARum wouldn't have any moral issue with putting him back in with Pac at 154 for one last shot at glory MSG style!
Maxy
Solis is the only one who might upset the applecart out of that bunch. I think all the others are pretty straight forward although Cotto-Mayorga will be interesting.

Tommy Morrison...he was lined up to fight Lewis but got starched in one round by Michael Bentt in what was sort of seen as a tune up even though it was officially a WBO title fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 26 2011, 12:42 PM) *
Solis is the only one who might upset the applecart out of that bunch. I think all the others are pretty straight forward although Cotto-Mayorga will be interesting.

Tommy Morrison...he was lined up to fight Lewis but got starched in one round by Michael Bentt in what was sort of seen as a tune up even though it was officially a WBO title fight.

you called mine maxy... morrison ko loss to bentt came to my mind when thinking of fighters from the pass to lose big fights by losing... you could say morrison lost twice cuzz he was signed for tyson when he tested positive for h.i.v...
Big Slim Sweet
Didn't Mosley have a deal lined up to face Trinidad before the first fight with Winky?
AussieLad
Tszyu with Vince Phillips, prior to an oscar showdown. And again, with hatton with a 'supposed' mayweather match on the horizon. Although i have doubts about the 2nd example as tszyu was also considering moving up for a spinks match
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jan 31 2011, 01:33 AM) *
It was announced recently that Adamek's next opponent before the Klitschkos is Kevin McBride! Does this change anyone's opinion at all? I think based on his sheer size, this is a good match-up for Ademak..if he can get him out of there it should do good for him leading to the big fight!

i think its a very good thing.. the heavy weight chamos are tall guys.. in my opinion once you are in line to fight for the title you shuld be lining up the tall fighters to get you ready... honestly i think rematching michael grant would have been better just for the size factor and he'll get the work but just my opinion... to me he should fight somebody tall that he knows will work him to get him ready....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.