Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET), 9PM(CT), 7(PT): Bradley vs. Alexander
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all the action and reaction to tonight's fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Maxy
I've made my mind up for this one. Tim Bradley wins a clear and pretty wide unanimous decision. Alexander is unable to adapt in a fight and he basically boxes exactly the same way from start to finish. He also telegraphs his punches in the way he sounds like an orgasmic lesbian prior to throwing every shot. His poor performance against Kotelnik is more worrying when you consider he failed to work out the very basics...I mean Kotelnik, with his high guard and stiff jab gave Alexander all the problems he could handle and Devon didn't know how to adjust.

Alexander will be countered regularly by Bradleys left hook because he throws that southpaw jab from too far back and Tim will also land his swooping overhand right. Don't get me wrong, this is a good fight and Tim might climb off the floor if he gets caught but he's proven he can do that, he has an excellent will-to-win attitude and he knows how to adapt.

Tim Bradley 117-110 or something like that.

I'm standing by this all the way and I'm looking forward to it big time.
E.C.LEGEND
I going with alexander....5th round knockout black eye.gif
The CEO
I'm on the fence on this one......

I don't know if Bradley's gonna try to steamroll him like he did Campbell (ref stoppage earlier than expected) or wear his ass out for the full 12...

Bradley is comin' off more focused/intense than ever...which makes me think Alexander will have to stop him to get the win...
Imperius3
Bradley always comes into the ring with an excellent game plan. He is always focused and intense, and his wins have been very impressive. This fight isn't a hard fight to pick for me. I think Bradley wins this one convincingly, no closer than 8-4.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Man I'm excited for this fight. Of course, I'm excited for every fight. I think Alexander is going to dominate Bradley. Tim Bradley, in my opinion, is one of the most overrated fighters in the sport right now. He's accomplished a lot, and I'm not calling him a bad fighter, but I just don't see him being in the top echelon of the sport. He's wild at times, comes in wreckless, and is there to be countered. Alexander is a pretty good counter puncher, and he's going to stun Bradley badly with those uppercuts. Bradley will be tentative to come in, and that's really his plan in there. Alexander, I believe, is taller than him. I think Alexander stops him in 7.
The CEO
2 glasses of Whiskey to whet my appetite...CHECK.

1 XL Porterhouse steak from Costco, 1 loaded baked potato, and 2 glasses of Pinot Noir...CHECK.

2 glasses of Cognac to digest my meal...CHECK.

1 good buzz and the anticipation of a big fight building...CHECK.

2 bottles of Big Slim's Bourbon County Stout waiting so I can get druuUUNK... ok.gif

drinks.gif
salvador
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jan 29 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Tim Bradley, in my opinion, is one of the most overrated fighters in the sport right now.

I can't help but feel the same thing. I love his tenacity, but he doesn't have the punch to dominate a top fighter like Alexander.

I've been thinking that the only way Alexander can win is by ko, but the more I think about it I think that if Alexander could just establish his jab he could actually win a rough but semi-easy fight in the 8-4 range.

I'm really surprised at how excited I am for this one.
Big Slim Sweet
It's on Sentral and gentlemen.

I have no idea how this fight's gonna go. And that makes it that much better.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 29 2011, 09:21 PM) *

1 XL Porterhouse steak from Costco, 1 loaded baked potato, and 2 glasses of Pinot Noir...CHECK.

2 bottles of Big Slim's Bourbon County Stout waiting so I can get druuUUNK... ok.gif

drinks.gif

Starting off the boxing year properly smile_anim.gif
TheFonz
Larry Merchant hitting the booze before the broadcast again, lol.
Mean Mister Mustard
Alexander is going to try and keep Bradley away with his jab. Bradley will try and counter that jab with his overhand right. I also expect him to start throwing in straight right hands, something he doesn't usually do. Kendall Holt was able to tag Bradley with jabs and dropped him twice. I think Alexander is better than Holt. That doesn't mean he's going to win, but I don't think he'll do worse than Holt.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 29 2011, 10:21 PM) *

drinks.gif

THAT'S doing it right.

I had eggplant parm from Costco. You win.
Big Slim Sweet
Bradley even looked pissed during the coin toss. Scary focus.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jan 29 2011, 10:15 PM) *
THAT'S doing it right.

I had eggplant parm from Costco. You win.

Steak > Eggplant

Good old Dominican Rice and beans and Chicken breast for me.

Black Russians is the drink for me.
TheFonz
I got it one and one.
TheFonz
bradley up
TheFonz
damn alexander needs hurt him now.
TheFonz
maaaaaaaan, fuck bradley's head.
TheFonz
This is bullshit.
Fitz
Bradley dominated.

I found this to be a really shit fight. I don't know why, I didn't enjoy it at all.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 29 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Bradley dominated.
I found this to be a really shit fight. I don't know why, I didn't enjoy it at all.

That's a stretch.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 29 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Bradley dominated.

There wan't a lot of clean action, but knowing these were the top guys in the division made it a bit dramatic.
E.C.LEGEND
F bradley's third Hand. LOL I guarantee Khan Kills both of them.
TheFonz
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Jan 29 2011, 11:13 PM) *
F bradley's third Hand. LOL I guarantee Khan Kills both of them.

You're crazy.
TheFonz
REMATCH!!!
Fitz
No point in a rematch,.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 30 2011, 12:14 AM) *
You're crazy.

haha crazy about what? lol
E.C.LEGEND
Khan's can just jab his way to a victory against both of them
E.C.LEGEND
Khan's can just jab his way to a victory against both of them
Box in Hand
These 2 sucked together. Bradley did win and Alexander faked and gave up. Yes it was a clean head butt but he thought he was ahead and decided to quit. They both should move on and fight other people. Khan beats Alexander and Bradley beats Khan. None of them are ready for Mayweather.
D-MARV
It's kinda hard to say that someone dominated a fight when they were outlanded. I did have Bradley up at the time of the stoppage though.

Khan handles Devon with ease. He struggles with Bradley.

Fuck Merchant...He's an idiot.
TheFonz
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Jan 29 2011, 11:19 PM) *
haha crazy about what? lol

Khan killing either one of them.
Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 30 2011, 03:21 PM) *
It's kinda hard to say that someone dominated a fight when they were outlanded. I did have Bradley up at the time of the stoppage though.

Alexander outland Bradley? That is really surprising. I barely saw many clean shots land.

From what I saw, I think Bradley clearly dominated Alexander, I didn't think it was close at all.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 30 2011, 12:21 AM) *
Khan killing either one of them.

I don't think bradley rushes in against khan, and I don't think devon handles fighters with fast hands well.
Fitz
By the way, what happened to this forum? It's on it's last legs it seems like.
TheFonz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 29 2011, 11:21 PM) *

he hit the booze before the broadcast.
TheFonz

Alexander is a better boxer then Khan, and Bradley has little trouble with Khan.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 29 2011, 11:25 PM) *
By the way, what happened to this forum? It's on it's last legs it seems like.

I was the lone soldier in here, tonight.
E.C.LEGEND
how many times does a ref have to say watch your heads before he takes points away? I thought the fight was going to stopped after the first cut.
Fitz
Khan could get stopped against Bradley, but he will probably put up a better fight than Alexander did still.
Box in Hand
Alexander will go on to say the head butt caused the lost but he got outworked from the first round. On another not Bradley needs to learn ahow to put combos together better and stop imitating Holyfield with the head shots.
The CEO
Disappointing ending, but the fight was clear as day...it was Man vs. Boy in there.

I had it 7-2-1 Bradley...he's IMPROVING...noticeably better D, smart effective O...his body work was REAL sweet at times...

Most of the butts were accidental...the last one was a crafty one, and he ended up cutting himself...lol

Bottom? Alexander wasn't ready for the step up, he was reduced to being solely flashy, and he definitely wasn't tough enough...

Bradley is The UNDISPUTED Man at 140 pounds.
TheFonz
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 29 2011, 11:36 PM) *
Disappointing ending, but the fight was clear as day...it was Man vs. Boy in there.

I had it 7-2-1 Bradley...he's IMPROVING...noticeably better D, smart effective O...his body work was REAL sweet at times...

Most of the butts were accidental...the last one was a crafty one, and he ended up cutting himself...lol

Bottom? Alexander wasn't ready for the step up, he was reduced to being solely flashy, and he definitely wasn't tough enough...

Bradley is The UNDISPUTED Man at 140 pounds.

I agree, he took the easy way out of the fight. He should have went the full 12 and took his loss like a man.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Jan 29 2011, 11:33 PM) *
how many times does a ref have to say watch your heads before he takes points away? I thought the fight was going to stopped after the first cut.

Who was he going to take points from. I thought the clashes were due to them being conventional vs southpaw and short vs tall. It was destined to happen.

I thought Alexander quit. Timmy broke his will. Alexander couldn't get off and in the end he didnt even know which eye to claim was hurt. The headbutt hit his left eye, but he was complaining about his right. Also, the doctor told him to open his eyes. He kept squinting. 7 seconds later, they called the fight and sudenly he could see just fine. He QUIT!! Alexander is a horrible actor. Bradley was the more determined guy. he pushed the fight and got off the cleaner punches.

I see Mayweather/Bradley as the summer 2011 fight because Timmy is taylor made for Mayweather. Timmy's a pressure fighter with NO POWER!. Mayweather will win pretty easily, claim he's the greatest and go back on vacation. Pacquiao will remain avoided by Mayweather, while fighting bigger guys and gathering more acclaim...
alaganza
QUOTE (alaganza @ Jan 10 2011, 07:19 PM) *
Bradley should bank enough early rounds before the fight is ended with a headbutt. thumbsup_anim.gif Bradley by technical decision.

That's pretty much how it went. It is unfortunate though. Eventually headbutts won't be viewed as accidental when it keeps happening at this rate.

I wanted this fight to be a good one. Simply because it's what the fight fans have been wanting for a while. Two good undefeated fighters with neither being past their prime. However, Bradley is who he is. And he fights how he fights. The headbutt crap is ridiculous and something needs to be done.
JLUVBABY
bradley had the class and devon looked for a way out... bradley killed his body... i loved that... lol... and for the record i thought devon quit..
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 30 2011, 01:01 AM) *
bradley had the class and devon looked for a way out... bradley killed his body... i loved that... lol... and for the record i thought devon quit..

Bradley caught him with a body shot in the 1st or 2nd round that really hurt Alexander. It was all down hill from there. I started seeing Devon's hands moving lower and some anxiety in his composure. Bradley was cool all night. He was atechnician in there. he did what he had to do to win. Bradley defense is underrated. This little guy can fight. If no Mayweather/Bradley or Khan/Bradley, why not a Berto/Bradley fight. Berto has a weak enough chin to make Bradley look like Tyson...
Hops
From a superfight to a so-so fight. This is disappointing.

No wonder why people would rather watch a mismatch with slambang action than two superfighters in a so-so fight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Hops @ Jan 30 2011, 01:36 AM) *
From a superfight to a so-so fight. This is disappointing.

No wonder why people would rather watch a mismatch with slambang action than two superfighters in a so-so fight.

Kinda like Jones vs Toney or Jones vs Hopkins. 2 really good fighters in there and close rounds. The difference tonight was that Bradley took chances and put himself in harms way. Alexander cant fight inside and his speed on the outside was very ineffective.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.