Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET), 9PM(CT), 7(PT): Bradley vs. Alexander
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
7-3 Bradley. He just did more. It was a tactical fight. The headbutts may have been more attributed to their similar fighting styles. I don't think Devon's a quitter. His head to me moved really funny with that last headbutt they showed. It was as if something snapped in his head. He looked to be in serious pain. Khan struggles with Bradley, but probably wins. Long way to go before Tim can fight Pacquaio or Mayweather.

Jack
Hops
It's funny but I agree with someone here saying that Khan can jab his way to victory against these two.
Hops
Am also wondering what really is killing boxing. Boxing was alive and kicking when Tyson was knocking out overmatched opponents.

I think that in the next discussion about what, who, or which is killing boxing... we should include the styles and actions of the top fighters in ring.
Lil-lightsout
Bradley won due to his will mainly. Devon sure liked to hold a lot on the inside, didn't want to mix it up with the man.

Some of you guys saying Khan wins based on this performance is funny. Devon is a slick SOUTHPAW, Khan is NOT slick and is NOT a southpaw. On top of that Bradley will have no trouble finding Khans chin. IMHO Khan's ONLY chance is to hurt Tim early and get him out of there. Otherwise, Khan is in for a long beating until his chin fails him. Style's people.
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 30 2011, 07:09 PM) *
Bradley won due to his will mainly. Devon sure liked to hold a lot on the inside, didn't want to mix it up with the man.

Some of you guys saying Khan wins based on this performance is funny. Devon is a slick SOUTHPAW, Khan is NOT slick and is NOT a southpaw. On top of that Bradley will have no trouble finding Khans chin. IMHO Khan's ONLY chance is to hurt Tim early and get him out of there. Otherwise, Khan is in for a long beating until his chin fails him. Style's people.

No doubt that Khan can be hit easier and stopped easier than Alexander. I think the biggest difference between Khan and Alexander is that Khan will let his hands go, he won't wait as much, he won't head hunt. Alexander only threw when he had room, he head hunted. I felt Alexander waited too much for the perfect shot.
Khan I think is quicker, and throws punchers together. Alexander was just throwing the 1,2 at gloves.
No doubt the way Khan is, he is more open to lose big. But I think he would take some chances where I think he would probably give himself a better chance than Alexander did as well.
Good win by Bradley though, no doubt now who the man at 140 is.
Maxy
Devon quit, he thought he was up on the cards and looked to steal it. Shit fight, absolute pile of cack. Alexander whining was unbelievable, some of the worst I have seen. Khan beats Alexander and I now think he has a good chance at beating Bradley too. Both fighters have gone right down in my estimation after this.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 30 2011, 03:41 AM) *
No doubt that Khan can be hit easier and stopped easier than Alexander. I think the biggest difference between Khan and Alexander is that Khan will let his hands go, he won't wait as much, he won't head hunt. Alexander only threw when he had room, he head hunted. I felt Alexander waited too much for the perfect shot.
Khan I think is quicker, and throws punchers together. Alexander was just throwing the 1,2 at gloves.
No doubt the way Khan is, he is more open to lose big. But I think he would take some chances where I think he would probably give himself a better chance than Alexander did as well.
Good win by Bradley though, no doubt now who the man at 140 is.

I agree with you. With the type of fighter and type of fight Devon fought, I never expected Bradley to look good. I have said all along this fight scared me cause of his style.

I agree Khan will definitely throw way more punches and try to win, but that will be his downfall. Bradley is undefeated and beat some damn good fighters now and has shown his mettle. We saw Khan get brutally KO'd by a B caliber fighter, and barely beat Maidana while almost getting KTFO again. There is no doubt who the man is at 140 right now. Bradley wants Khan next by his interview, let's hope the fight gets made.
kidbazooka1
I was very disappointed with Alexander i thought he had the power to exchange and hurt Bradley but he never showed the will to stand and trade when needed. It was a close fight but Bradley clearly won it.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jan 30 2011, 04:15 AM) *
I was very disappointed with Alexander i thought he had the power to exchange and hurt Bradley but he never showed the will to stand and trade when needed. It was a close fight but Bradley clearly won it.

With Alexander, everything starts with the jab. In this fight he failed because he kept going with his usual programming of, "all things start with the jab." Well when he couldnt hit Bradley with a jab, his plan went to pieces and it short circuited everything that follows the jab. Dude spent way too much time trying to jab. He should have thrown an uppercut or a hook of two. Bradley moved his head great and at times made himself unpredictable. Bradley just wins...
Fitz
From what I saw, I don't know how Alexander could possibly have thought he was up on the cards. I barely found a round to give Alexander, though the fight was so unpleasant for me, I actually dozed off for a few minutes in the last couple of rounds. But for me, he was totally outclassed, and didn't ever look in the fight.
I gave Devon the benefit of the doubt with the Kotelnik fight, and thought it could have been a bad night, but he wasn't much better in this one either.
He will find it hard to win big fights when he is just head hunting and throwing 1,2 while moving back.
Fitz
Just a quick question if anyone knows.

First off, Alexander said he has an immediate rematch clause in the contract. I for one, and not interested in a rematch, Bradley won clearly, Alexander wasn't in it. I just don't want to see it.

But my question is. Lets say Bradley dumps his belts and wants to move up. What happens? Is the rematch clause that he must fight Bradley, or just an immediate shot at the titles he lost, regardless of who is holding them, or whether they are vacant?
lloyd mayflower
Just finished watching the fight. Strange one in that no one went up in my estimation, Alexander went down, Bradley kind of stayed in the same position of slight dislike. Didnt see ANY evidence of potential greatness from either. One thing is for sure tho, Bradley v Khan would bring the excitement that this one failed to. Agree with Fitz, I really dont want to see this one again. Lets see if Devon has the spirit to get back up by putting him in there with Maidana.
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 30 2011, 07:26 AM) *
Just a quick question if anyone knows.

First off, Alexander said he has an immediate rematch clause in the contract. I for one, and not interested in a rematch, Bradley won clearly, Alexander wasn't in it. I just don't want to see it.

But my question is. Lets say Bradley dumps his belts and wants to move up. What happens? Is the rematch clause that he must fight Bradley, or just an immediate shot at the titles he lost, regardless of who is holding them, or whether they are vacant?

I don't know about the legal stuff regarding the rematch, but I don't think Alexander wants one immediately and I doubt HBO wants it either. And I don't think Bradley has any reason to go to 147 while Khan is at 140 - and a Maidana fight would probably be a good money maker as well as I'm sure HBO would be on board if he beat Khan.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I just don't see Bradley beating Khan and I definitely don't see him competing at 147 with the top guys.
lloyd mayflower
Im with you Sal. I think, much as I hate to admit it, Khan is the only one at 140 who I see as having any star quality. Seemingly being a cunt gets results. Lastnights fight was just, well I dont know what it was, it was these boys chance to make their mark, and it turned out a damp squib.

I recorded it, got up this morning excited, stayed away from the site so I didnt spoil the result. Got rid of my girlfriend so I didnt have to put up with the intensely stupid commentary assosciated with women and sport (sorry Sentral, your the exception that proves the rule). Went out and picked up somethin to eat then finally sat myself down and witnessed one of the biggest let downs iv seen in a fight.
JD
Alexander the Good.
Big Slim Sweet
Bradley just outfought and outmanned Alexander. It was an ugly fight. A lot of those rounds were impossible to score. I don't think HBO has any interest in the rematch right now. If Alexander exercises that clause and Bradley accepts, they'll be fighting on one of Don King's overseas undercards.

Bradley vs. Maidana would be a lot of fun. There are very few fighters out there who can make good fights against Bradley. I think Maidana is one of them.

I think Khan vs. Bradley would be boring as hell. Khan throwing quick 1-2's trying to catch Bradley coming in and then tying him up every time Bradley gets close, with Bradley doing his damndest to catch Khan with some of those bowling ball melon shots of his. I figure they're going to have to fight one of these days but I doubt it will be aesthetically pleasing.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jan 30 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Bradley just outfought and outmanned Alexander. It was an ugly fight. A lot of those rounds were impossible to score. I don't think HBO has any interest in the rematch right now. If Alexander exercises that clause and Bradley accepts, they'll be fighting on one of Don King's overseas undercards.

Bradley vs. Maidana would be a lot of fun. There are very few fighters out there who can make good fights against Bradley. I think Maidana is one of them.

I think Khan vs. Bradley would be boring as hell. Khan throwing quick 1-2's trying to catch Bradley coming in and then tying him up every time Bradley gets close, with Bradley doing his damndest to catch Khan with some of those bowling ball melon shots of his. I figure they're going to have to fight one of these days but I doubt it will be aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah Bradley is going to have a hard time landing his headbutts against the taller Khan.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jan 30 2011, 09:56 AM) *

They will fight on HBO, what choice does HBO have now that Arum took all of his business to Showtime.
SENTRAL
Wow, I am sooo disappointed in the performance of Alexander.  I was literally screaming at the TV set for him to extend his jab because he was just limply pushing it out and barking like it would add to the power.  I was high on Devon, ignored his lackluster display against Kotelnik, and thought he would come good and derail Bradley but he ended up looking like a man who wanted a way out, not a man fighting to preserve his undefeated record. Tim wasn't even at his best and I think the reports of flu earlier in the month are correct because he didn't seem his high octane self at times. Khan-Bradley will be a better fight because Amir has a jab, though it's not great it is far more effective than what Devon was doing.  Khan is also the bigger man, he is faster and he has good power.  He won't like the inside game though because he is ineffective at that but I would rather see these two fight than have a return of what we witnessed last night.
Hops
I guess Khan's ineffectiveness inside has something to do with Maidana. Coupled with Maidana's awkwardness and decent speed.
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 29 2011, 11:25 PM) *
By the way, what happened to this forum? It's on it's last legs it seems like.

I don't think last leg but all forums have changed IMO! It's just not the same!

I didn't think Devon had a chance if things got rough going.
Provo2O9
i am very dissapointed by Alexanders performance,he didnt throw 1 uppercut all night and it was there all night with Bradley coming in.I was a fan of his before last night but he flat out 'QUIT' what a pussy ...on another note i think Amir Khan beats Bradley very easily..
Maxy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 30 2011, 12:25 AM) *
By the way, what happened to this forum? It's on it's last legs it seems like.

I don't know, seems very slow and there are a lot more new faces who do one or two posts and then vanish. A lot of the older posters have gone and the current state of boxing ain't helping things either. Definitely in need of a bit of rejuvenation over here right now though, no doubt about it.
caneman
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 30 2011, 12:19 PM) *
I don't know, seems very slow and there are a lot more new faces who do one or two posts and then vanish. A lot of the older posters have gone and the current state of boxing ain't helping things either. Definitely in need of a bit of rejuvenation over here right now though, no doubt about it.

I thought that was the case for a couple years but not so sure, I mean there are still some great threads and post but even during good events, it just isn't the same! But I agree with the change of top names but so often it seems like much more than that! Not sure what it is!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 30 2011, 08:26 AM) *
Alexander the Good.

JD,

I rank him just a little lower. His new name should be "Alexander the Average!" LOL!

Jack
lloyd mayflower
Not nearly enough hate being banded about for that shameful show of bottlecrash from Alexander. He flat out quit! Fuckin little bitch. You seen on the replay the way he got butted, then a slight delay, quick look, then wailing like a little bitch.
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jan 30 2011, 04:14 PM) *
Not nearly enough hate being banded about for that shameful show of bottlecrash from Alexander. He flat out quit! Fuckin little bitch. You seen on the replay the way he got butted, then a slight delay, quick look, then wailing like a little bitch.

Fuckin disgusted by the lack of hate, the lack of criticism even, for Alexander. He wanted out cos he thought he was up on the cards so he figured, "shit, this is slipping away from me.....I know, I'll steal it by saying I can't carry on cos I can't see from an accidental butt!" The cunt didn't blink his fuckin eye once the decision was announced, he didn't seem like he couldn't see once he lost the decision. He gave 20 odd excuses in the post fight interview but yet added "no excuses". What we got here, a competition between Alexander and Dirrell for whose the better actor?
Maxy
I've got to add....I can't stand Khan but he fuckin destroys Bradley and the sooner they get this shit on the better.
lloyd mayflower
Agreed. Those 2 should just fight on Khans April date. For 140 being this talent filled division, the "top" 2 just met and and stunk it out. Alexander has to go out and work pretty fuckin hard to get any credibility back now. By the time hes done that Khan and Bradley will probably have moved up to 147 to chase the May-Pac money train.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 30 2011, 12:20 PM) *
Fuckin disgusted by the lack of hate, the lack of criticism even, for Alexander. He wanted out cos he thought he was up on the cards so he figured, "shit, this is slipping away from me.....I know, I'll steal it by saying I can't carry on cos I can't see from an accidental butt!" The cunt didn't blink his fuckin eye once the decision was announced, he didn't seem like he couldn't see once he lost the decision. He gave 20 odd excuses in the post fight interview but yet added "no excuses". What we got here, a competition between Alexander and Dirrell for whose the better actor?

I was very disappointed in the way this fight ended. Unlike most I thought this was a fairly good fight and very tactical. I think they were showing to much respect and caution at times and that made for what looked like a boring fight. But I do give Tim Bradley major props as he was the one dictating the action. I also thought Bradley could have done more. Bradley is a very determined fighter and its hard to break that mans will. Even though Alexander had some good moments boxing and kept the fight close in some ways, he just wasn't ready for a man that's truly determined. When the going started to get tough, I feel Alexander welcomed a way out. I mean yea he got headbutted but he could have continued. This is the biggest fight and turning point in Devons career and he can't let it end that way. True champions dont do that. They do what they have to do to keep going. He could have asked for more time for the stinging to go away if he wanted to continue. Arent fighters allowed a 5 minute recovery during a foul? I kind of felt he asked for the easy way out, and in the boxing world thats a way to not make fans. But all props to Tim Bradley, he's a true warrior and dedicated at what he does. The man is a rock. I'll always be a fan of his.
Fitz
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jan 31 2011, 01:56 AM) *

Agreed, though I didn't find rounds hard to score. For me, they were basically all Bradley rounds comfortably.

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 31 2011, 04:19 AM) *

Agreed. This will always be the priority board. But I resorted to posting else where. Quality posters here, but it's a ghost town.
Jack 1000
The potential for a Bradley-Khan fight breaks down like this:

I think most people think that Maidana beat Khan in that war. I like the physical attributes of Bradley. Even Bradley-Maidana would be good. Admin has a good point. Khan has shown that the Prescott KO loss really was a fluke. The Maidana fight shows that he can come back from adversity. Bradley hasn't yet been in that position. Something tells me that if there is any fight with the potential for a war turning into an unsatisfactory ending because of head-butt cuts, it could be Khan-Bradley. VERY tough fight to call.

Jack
D-MARV
I don't know many people who thought Maidana beat Khan.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 30 2011, 04:54 PM) *

I thought Maidana pulled it out. I had it 7-5.

Jack
Fitz
I thought Khan won it. Maidana came on too late, and the knock down hurt Maidana. Close fight though. I wonder how a Maidana or Mathysse fight goes with Alexander. Hell, maybe even Alexander could fight Zab Judah.
BigG
Bradley clearly won it but it a good competitive fight. Devon was a bit a busier but Bradley landed the more meaningful shots all night.....and I think Bradley beats Khan by late stoppage. I dont really consider Khan that much better than Devon to be honest, just a bit faster maybe. Bradley is a little Holyfield with his headbutts tho.

Fitz
I am absolutely astonished how many people thought that Bradley-Alexander was competitive. I was kinda tired when watching it, and not feeling the fight one bit, and dozed off for a minute or two in the last few rounds. But I didn't think the fight was close one single bit. It wasn't a beat down, but from what I recall, it certainly didn't look competitive.
I don't even think I remember Alexander landing a really telling blow.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 30 2011, 04:54 PM) *

it was very close... a ponit or so either way is not bad... but i thought maidana could have pulled that out.. i could see it...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 30 2011, 07:48 PM) *
I am absolutely astonished how many people thought that Bradley-Alexander was competitive. I was kinda tired when watching it, and not feeling the fight one bit, and dozed off for a minute or two in the last few rounds. But I didn't think the fight was close one single bit. It wasn't a beat down, but from what I recall, it certainly didn't look competitive.
I don't even think I remember Alexander landing a really telling blow.

i agree fitz... devon won 3 rounds at most... but i will say this... at least for me the fight had that anticipation value to it... the feeling that maybe something could happen at any given time...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jan 30 2011, 04:16 PM) *
I was very disappointed in the way this fight ended. Unlike most I thought this was a fairly good fight and very tactical. I think they were showing to much respect and caution at times and that made for what looked like a boring fight. But I do give Tim Bradley major props as he was the one dictating the action. I also thought Bradley could have done more. Bradley is a very determined fighter and its hard to break that mans will. Even though Alexander had some good moments boxing and kept the fight close in some ways, he just wasn't ready for a man that's truly determined. When the going started to get tough, I feel Alexander welcomed a way out. I mean yea he got headbutted but he could have continued. This is the biggest fight and turning point in Devons career and he can't let it end that way. True champions dont do that. They do what they have to do to keep going. He could have asked for more time for the stinging to go away if he wanted to continue. Arent fighters allowed a 5 minute recovery during a foul? I kind of felt he asked for the easy way out, and in the boxing world thats a way to not make fans. But all props to Tim Bradley, he's a true warrior and dedicated at what he does. The man is a rock. I'll always be a fan of his.

I also enjoyed the fight. I think most people were disappointed because they expected the top guys in the division to go in there and create fireworks. The reality is that Alexander and Bradley are just too athletic and smart to get into a brawl.

I thought Alexander was competitive in every round but it was Bradley who edged them out by landing the "Oooh" inducing punches. Alexander was landing some nice right hooks on the inside whenever they exchanged and also landed some nice straight lefts to the body and head. The problem was that they weren't very hard.

Bradley is without a doubt the #1 Jr Welter having beaten Witter (was on a hot streak), Edner Cherry (tough dude), Holt, Campbell, Peterson and now Alexander.

Yes, Khan is taller and has better offense than Alexander, but he's not as slick as Alexander and that might give Bradley the edge. Either way, Holyfield Jr is going to have a tough time getting inside, but I think he has the superior ring IQ to make Khan have to worry about the incoming offense, not the other way around.
Fitz
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 31 2011, 02:59 PM) *
I also enjoyed the fight. I think most people were disappointed because they expected the top guys in the division to go in there and create fireworks. The reality is that Alexander and Bradley are just too athletic and smart to get into a brawl.

I thought Alexander was competitive in every round but it was Bradley who edged them out by landing the "Oooh" inducing punches. Alexander was landing some nice right hooks on the inside whenever they exchanged and also landed some nice straight lefts to the body and head. The problem was that they weren't very hard.

Bradley is without a doubt the #1 Jr Welter having beaten Witter (was on a hot streak), Edner Cherry (tough dude), Holt, Campbell, Peterson and now Alexander.

Yes, Khan is taller and has better offense than Alexander, but he's not as slick as Alexander and that might give Bradley the edge. Either way, Holyfield Jr is going to have a tough time getting inside, but I think he has the superior ring IQ to make Khan have to worry about the incoming offense, not the other way around.

MMM, I can't speak for everyone else, but I certainly didn't watch this fight with the expectations that this would create fire works. I thought it would be tactical, but to me, Alexander didn't try hard enough, he waited around too much for the perfect shot. Flicking his jab out at gloves with nothing behind them. Alexander to me looked like a deer in headlights. Bradley was good, Alexander was extremely disappointing, and for me it wasn't becase he lost big or I thought he lost big, to me it was mainly because it looked like he never even put himself in a position to win the fight or give him a chance. He looked totally lost in there.
gravytrain
Fight was a little disappointing in terms of disparity between Alexander and Bradley, it turned out about how I thought it would though except i thought it'd be like 116-112 or so for Bradley. i figured Bradley would stalk him with the bigger shots and time him, pretty much what he did other than putting that bald dome to use.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 30 2011, 09:59 PM) *

i have to agree... i mean just cuzz a fight doesnt have fireworks and multiple knockdowns dont make it not a good fight... i think a lot of people expected the fireworks that this fight had a 50-50 chance of having but i think they both fought pretty smart and didnt allow themselves to over commit etc... and then again maybe im in the minority that can appreciate a tactical fight still... i love watching technical boxers do their thing... now with that being said neither one of these two are technical boxers in the classic sense of the term but bradley did what he had to do with the assets he has... more power to him...
Fitz
I might have to watch this fight again (unfortunately). I can't comprehend how anyone could have thought Alexander fought a smart fight, a decent fight, a competitive fight. I'm not sure if I missed something or what. But I can't see what other people saw.
Alexander was woeful. It's like he fought at about 65% intensity and the only reason he didn't over commit because he thought he would get sparked and was looking for a single shot. He telegraphed punches and had absolutely no variety at all.
I might have to watch it again, because I feel like I'm in the minority on what I saw that fight. To me it looked like Alexander fought a very dumb fight. Well maybe not dumb, but kind of cautious. He took zero risks.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 30 2011, 10:11 PM) *
MMM, I can't speak for everyone else, but I certainly didn't watch this fight with the expectations that this would create fire works. I thought it would be tactical, but to me, Alexander didn't try hard enough, he waited around too much for the perfect shot. Flicking his jab out at gloves with nothing behind them. Alexander to me looked like a deer in headlights. Bradley was good, Alexander was extremely disappointing, and for me it wasn't becase he lost big or I thought he lost big, to me it was mainly because it looked like he never even put himself in a position to win the fight or give him a chance. He looked totally lost in there.

fitz... i thought bradley all but had him figured out by the end of the 3rd round... i remember thinking some where in the 4th or 5th round that if devon didnt have another plan of attack this fight was all but over... devon didnt have another plan and though he made some of those rounds close he was cooked... a few thing s i thought devon could have done more and really one in particular was his activity rate... he seemed baffled at times by bradley and i think had he just kicked up his activity a good 10 to 15 more punches per round he could have really opened up his chances... now with that being said i loved bradleys body punching... he went to the body early and he beat that body up often through out he fight... headbutts aside that i dont think where intentional he did what he had to do to get the job done... it appeared devon was on his way to getting beat up pretty good the last couple of rounds had he not wiggled his way out of the fight... seems to me he should have taken 5 and then quit... fighting for the unified title... seems like he should have found a way to get back at it... one thing i noticed too was the cut while deep wasnt bleeding and the eye that was butted last wasnt cut... lol... i hope devon gets knocked out in his next fight...
Fitz
I can also appreciate tactical fights, Bernard Hopkins is my favourite fighter to watch, lol. I was not expecting fireworks in this fight, and from what I saw, I didn't see anything tactical about Alexanders game plan. All I saw was safety and being overly cautious. There is a big difference IMO between being too safe and cautious, and fighting a tactical fight. I think Alexander was the former.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2011, 12:21 AM) *
I might have to watch this fight again (unfortunately). I can't comprehend how anyone could have thought Alexander fought a smart fight, a decent fight, a competitive fight. I'm not sure if I missed something or what. But I can't see what other people saw.
Alexander was woeful. It's like he fought at about 65% intensity and the only reason he didn't over commit because he thought he would get sparked and was looking for a single shot. He telegraphed punches and had absolutely no variety at all.
I might have to watch it again, because I feel like I'm in the minority on what I saw that fight. To me it looked like Alexander fought a very dumb fight. Well maybe not dumb, but kind of cautious. He took zero risks.

dont do it to yaself fitz... lol... you didnt miss anything.. devon won 3 rounds at most... 2 for sure... and the only other round i thought was close was 1... in all fairness the first round could have gone either way but i scored it a draw... thats the only way i could give him 4 rounds but still thats 6-4... bradley... i cringe to imagine a rematch...
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 31 2011, 05:23 PM) *
fitz... i thought bradley all but had him figured out by the end of the 3rd round... i remember thinking some where in the 4th or 5th round that if devon didnt have another plan of attack this fight was all but over... devon didnt have another plan and though he made some of those rounds close he was cooked... a few thing s i thought devon could have done more and really one in particular was his activity rate... he seemed baffled at times by bradley and i think had he just kicked up his activity a good 10 to 15 more punches per round he could have really opened up his chances... now with that being said i loved bradleys body punching... he went to the body early and he beat that body up often through out he fight... headbutts aside that i dont think where intentional he did what he had to do to get the job done... it appeared devon was on his way to getting beat up pretty good the last couple of rounds had he not wiggled his way out of the fight... seems to me he should have taken 5 and then quit... fighting for the unified title... seems like he should have found a way to get back at it... one thing i noticed too was the cut while deep wasnt bleeding and the eye that was butted last wasnt cut... lol... i hope devon gets knocked out in his next fight...

I agree with your summary, though for me, Alexander didn't look baffled at times, I thought he looked baffled for almost all of the fight. He could have thrown more like you said. I also think he could have mixed his shots up a little more as well. He didn't go to the body, he didn't throw the uppercut enough. A lot of things he didn't do. I just thought it was a shame that coming into such a big fight, he basically had no back up plan. I thought he basically let Bradley impose himself on him, and that's fine if that happens and you give it your all.
But to me, it just looked like Alexander was like a deer in head lights. He kinda froze on the big stage and got totally outclassed. Bradley looked to be on an entirely different league than Alexander.

But I may need to watch the fight again. I seem to be in the minority that is being as harsh on Alexander, a lot seem to think he done ok, which kind of surprised me. But may need to re-watch again.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2011, 12:33 AM) *
I agree with your summary, though for me, Alexander didn't look baffled at times, I thought he looked baffled for almost all of the fight. He could have thrown more like you said. I also think he could have mixed his shots up a little more as well. He didn't go to the body, he didn't throw the uppercut enough. A lot of things he didn't do. I just thought it was a shame that coming into such a big fight, he basically had no back up plan. I thought he basically let Bradley impose himself on him, and that's fine if that happens and you give it your all.
But to me, it just looked like Alexander was like a deer in head lights. He kinda froze on the big stage and got totally outclassed. Bradley looked to be on an entirely different league than Alexander.

But I may need to watch the fight again. I seem to be in the minority that is being as harsh on Alexander, a lot seem to think he done ok, which kind of surprised me. But may need to re-watch again.

he did ok if you want to give him the benefit in certain rounds... like i said i felt 3 at most and really 2 rounds with the first being an even round... i guess you can say its closer if you have him with 4 rounds but he's still losing and started to get dominated... thats my call 2 to 3 rounds for devon with the 1st even... give devon that first round and its that much closer but still bradley and he had for sure the momentum going into the championship rounds...
Hops
So, we have promoters who made the right move and pit two top American fighters together.

Am I wrong in thinking that the styles of boxers have more to do with boxing dying than greedy promoters like Arum?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.