Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timothy Bradley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Tim Bradley claimed after the fight that he wants the fans to choose his next fight (if Promoters don't follow rankings & mandatory defenses they should follow a fan poll). So who would you like him to fight next?

I personally don't have much interest in him leaving 140 just yet, as there are plenty of good fights to make.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
This poll should look like this:

Amir Khan

Amir Khan

Amir Khan

Amir Khan

Amir Khan

E.C.LEGEND
Hopefully its amir khan. Once he derails bradley I want have to hear about "holyfield jr" (bradley) anymore!
drag.gif
BigG
Amier Khan or Maidana
JLUVBABY
i voted khan... its the fight that makes sense... let em unify... alexander can fight maidana and get knocked out then maidana stands in the wings for another shot at the crown from the brad/khan winner....
kingknockout
andre berto
Fitz
Bob Arum says he would be open to a Pacquiao fight?

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-national...t#ixzz1CYXZu0Vw

Manny Pacquiao fight shotcaller Bob Arum took a long look at Tim Bradley as the Californian retained his undefeated status against previously unbeaten Devon Alexander and liked what he saw with one glaring exception.

"I am troubled, very troubled by his tendency to head butt his opponents," Pacman's promoter said on Sunday. "The frequency of the head butts is something he must change. I don't think it's anything Bradley does intentionally."

Arum, whose fighter Lamont Peterson was beaten by the fighter from North Palm Springs, described the 27 year old as "not a great fighter but a very good fighter."

In Arum's view, Bradley should next target Golden Boy's 140 pound champ, the Freddie Roach trained Amir Khan. Arum sees Bradley overcoming Khan.

"I think Bradley is too tough a guy for Amir, that Khan has nothing to keep Bradley off of him. Khan has nothing to hurt Bradley with while he;s getting constant pressure," Arum said.

The Top Rank head honcho said he's had no discussions with Bradley and his manager Cameron Dunkin but that, if Bradley was contractually free, he would be a welcome addition and figures in as a Pacman foe.

Maybe that's why Big Gary Shaw, whose promotional deal with Bradley is believed to expire in May, was targeting Floyd Mayweather after the technical decision over Alexander. Bradley, meanwhile, was describing a lucrative Pacquiao bout as "the keys to the gate."

Shaw and Arum appear to be on a collision course as Shaw downplayed a Bradley-Pacman bout, saying Arum only uses in house fighters to fight the Pinoy Idol.

"Bradley reminds me of (May 7 Pacman foe) Sugar Shane Mosley. Now some may say Shane's skills are diminished but he and Bradley always come off as nice guys. Bradley is a family guy who talks sensibly., there's no trash-talking, any of that nonsense.

"Bradley's the kid of fighter we'd love to have. He just comes off nicely as a person and is the kind of opponent I think Manny would welcome, the kind of opponent who is good for the sport of boxing," the 79 year old Arum said.

Arum, who is staging Mosley-Pacquiao with the Showtime/CBS TV combination, was critical of how promoters Shaw and Don King chose Pontiac, Mich., as the Saturday night bout venue and said the telecast and a mummified audience with no local rooting interest was "a downer.

"They made this fight too soon. They should've let it build up another year or so. It's indicative of how HBO handles their business. They put a lot of marketing into it but I don't think it got out to the sports fans, only to the (hardcore) boxing fans.

"Watching on TV, I felt no electricity so much so that even the broadcasters did not really seem pumped up, I mean (Jim) Lampley, (Larry) Merchant and (Emanuel) Steward. It was sort of like a downer.

"Most of the fans got their tickets for free. It wasn't a live audience like when you have a good Mexican fighter and fans who are really into the fight."
Hops
Some "bad" performance from Bradley and Bob wants him for Pac. That sonaofabitch cherry pickin' again for Pac.
The Original MrFactor
Floyd Mayweather!

I think that Mayweather paid close attention to this fight. Bradley is a short, come forward, pressure fighter. He's similar in many ways to Cotto and even to some degree, Tyson. His defense is underrated. Watch him closely and you'll see how he moves his head left to right and doesnt allow himself to get hit cleanly.

With all of those features, he's taylor made for a guy like Mayweather. Bradley is a high profile, undefeated opponent who can be considered a credible guy from 140-147. Bradley brings alot of action, but NO POWER. Thats why Mayweather will fight him. he's a guy who will make Mayweather look good, while taking little risk. Mayweather can go in there and slug with Bradley and look like a superstar again.

Bradley will give Mayweather more opportunities than Marquez did. Unlike Alexander, Mayweather can throw all of the punches, including the uppercut that will stop Bradley in his tracks. I predict a Mayweather/Bradley fight sometime around May...
thehype
Other! Mark my words!

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 31 2011, 05:28 AM) *
Bob Arum says he would be open to a Pacquiao fight?

laugh.gif

I hope we're not going to start listening to Bob Arum again.

laugh.gif

If Bradley is "contractually free"? I wonder what Gary Shaw and Thompson Boxing Promotions will have to say about that? LOL.

You gotta love how Arum stays 2 steps ahead with his timing of comments to certain media folks.

"We'd LOVE to fight Bradley. He'd make for a PERFECT opponent for Pacquiao," Arum commented just one day after Timothy Bradley's "super-stardom" performance against Devon Alexander this past Saturday. Of course, what fans may have missed was the comment about whether or not Timothy Bradley was "contractually free", which Arum quietly whispered as if it were written in fine print.

laugh.gif

Bradley won't get Pacquiao, he won't get Mayweather, and truth be told, he probably ain't getting Amir Khan either. If it's none of those names, Bradley will opt to fight "other" instead as he sits and waits for his opportunity to get any of those names. More than likely, he still won't get any and will eventually be forced to fight Andre Berto in another "Somebody's 0 has to go" battle. LOL.
The CEO
I hear ya, Hype...I voted Other too.

Personally, I think Bradley should keep moving forward...not go backward against someone like a Khan...Khan backs straight up with his glass in the air CONSISTENTLY...Bradley almost always gets the last punch when trading and would work that fraud around the ring all night long....EEEAAASY work.

I DON'T want him to get Mayweather because I don't want him to get his ass whooped...he's a good kid and deserves a REAL payday, not a schooling.

So that only leaves 1 other option....I want him to face THE Pacquiao....I give him a 33% shot.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 31 2011, 01:07 PM) *
I hear ya, Hype...I voted Other too.

Personally, I think Bradley should keep moving forward...not go backward against someone like a Khan...Khan backs straight up with his glass in the air CONSISTENTLY...Bradley almost always gets the last punch when trading and would work that fraud around the ring all night long....EEEAAASY work.

I DON'T want him to get Mayweather because I don't want him to get his ass whooped...he's a good kid and deserves a REAL payday, not a schooling.

So that only leaves 1 other option....I want him to face THE Pacquiao....I give him a 33% shot.

that fight will never happen less bradley fights for arum and thats not happening... lol... by the way we saw you log onto the ps3 yesterday or could have been saturday... my lil cuzzin wanted a piece of you but i told him no... let you make it... he's gotten better... he's been devastating them boys in rank play lately...
The CEO
LOL!...your cousin will NEVER forget the day he had to run for his life.....what was that...2 years ago?

Tell him I said he's a smart young man, and that says a lot about his character...wanting another crack at the old Beast.

I wasn't joking when I said you should consider lettin' him make your picks for you...

taunt.gif
Big Slim Sweet
I voted other. How bout...

...Sergio Martinez at a catchweight?

...Andre Ward at a catchweight?

...Bernard Hopkins at a catchweight?

...Yuriorkis Gamboa at a catchweight?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jan 31 2011, 04:35 PM) *

You serious?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jan 31 2011, 03:35 PM) *

you cant be serious... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 31 2011, 03:30 PM) *
LOL!...your cousin will NEVER forget the day he had to run for his life.....what was that...2 years ago?

Tell him I said he's a smart young man, and that says a lot about his character...wanting another crack at the old Beast.

I wasn't joking when I said you should consider lettin' him make your picks for you...

taunt.gif

that wasnt running... that was called controlled boxing... how many of those did you win?... lol.. imma box you myself... imma give you some bragging rights cuzz im really not that good anymore... (fingers crossed... lol...)
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 31 2011, 04:58 PM) *
that wasnt running... that was called controlled boxing... how many of those did you win?... lol.. imma box you myself... imma give you some bragging rights cuzz im really not that good anymore... (fingers crossed... lol...)

Well that was the original plan...it was supposed to be me 'n' you...but nooooo...J BEEE SHADY...so you made it me 'n' him...

controlled boxin', how many?...haha.gif...you know there was only one bout of Boxing...I was Hagler, and he was Leonard...he whooped my ass in that UFC game a few times.

In the end...it's fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.

I think I'll just sit back and take pride in the fact an average, recreational gamer like me put your hardcore, ringer cousin through Hell for 12 rounds...

beach.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.