Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timothy Bradley "Floy Is Scared To Fight Manny"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sai
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sai @ Jan 31 2011, 12:19 PM) *

I think floyd knocks timothy bradley out within 8 rounds...
thehype
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 31 2011, 02:31 PM) *

lol.... damn...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 31 2011, 03:31 PM) *

That looks about right.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 31 2011, 03:01 PM) *
I think floyd knocks timothy bradley out within 8 rounds...

Either that or death by potshots which will cause the limited Bradley to fall off the scene. I like Bradley but he is just missing that special sauce.
JD
Bradley is a likable guy, but he has nothing for Manny or Floyd.
Maxy
Bradley is just trying to use some reverse psychology to get himself a fight with Mayweather.

He'd get annihilated...
Hops
Floyd and Pac are the Vegetta and San Gokou's while the rest are the Kulilin, Tenshin han, Buten, etc. etc.
Sai
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 31 2011, 04:06 PM) *
lol.... damn...

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sai @ Feb 1 2011, 11:52 AM) *

ok... great job with photoshop or whatever it is you use...
Fitz
To me, it doesn't matter if Bradley gets annihilated and destroyed by Pacquiao or Mayweather. That's his problem. Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, Mayorga and all these guys at in between 140 and 154 aren't fresh and they aren't the best fighters. They aren't getting fights by accomplishment, or work ethic, they are getting it based on name.
Bradley I think is the next deserving guy around this weight, he has worked to be in the position he is in, he has fought guys he should have fought. If he is the next best guy, and he still gets annihilated by Mayweather or Pacquiao, that's a credit to Mayweather and Pacquiao and will send a message that everyone else must work harder.
I don't care if it will turn out into a mismatch, as long as it's the next worthy fighter, it's all good.

Bradley-Alexander turned out to be a mismatch, but that's a credit to Bradley. Mayweather/Pacquiao vs Bradley could turn out the same way, but Bradley wants the fight, and is one of the next worthy fighters. If the opinion is that Bradley gets destroyed by either and the fight shouldn't happen. Both guys may as well retire.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 1 2011, 05:20 PM) *
To me, it doesn't matter if Bradley gets annihilated and destroyed by Pacquiao or Mayweather. That's his problem. Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, Mayorga and all these guys at in between 140 and 154 aren't fresh and they aren't the best fighters. They aren't getting fights by accomplishment, or work ethic, they are getting it based on name.
Bradley I think is the next deserving guy around this weight, he has worked to be in the position he is in, he has fought guys he should have fought. If he is the next best guy, and he still gets annihilated by Mayweather or Pacquiao, that's a credit to Mayweather and Pacquiao and will send a message that everyone else must work harder.
I don't care if it will turn out into a mismatch, as long as it's the next worthy fighter, it's all good.

Bradley-Alexander turned out to be a mismatch, but that's a credit to Bradley. Mayweather/Pacquiao vs Bradley could turn out the same way, but Bradley wants the fight, and is one of the next worthy fighters. If the opinion is that Bradley gets destroyed by either and the fight shouldn't happen. Both guys may as well retire.

actually if they are not gonna fight each other they may as well retire... at least mayweather may as well... we know what pac is gonna do... feast on arums retreads and fighters they know he's gonna beat... floyds not hungy to fight like he should be so why stick around if he's not gonna fight?... the bradley fight makes sense but after thathe'll be in the same boat pacs in... nobodies gonna beat either of them less they just age over night which i dont see happening...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 1 2011, 09:16 PM) *
actually if they are not gonna fight each other they may as well retire... at least mayweather may as well... we know what pac is gonna do... feast on arums retreads and fighters they know he's gonna beat... floyds not hungy to fight like he should be so why stick around if he's not gonna fight?... the bradley fight makes sense but after thathe'll be in the same boat pacs in... nobodies gonna beat either of them less they just age over night which i dont see happening...

i really doubt Pac fights anyone if TR isn't the promoter, they're not sharing the spotlight with anybody. so even if there's an interesting fight the fighter has to drop his promoter to get a shot at Pac and then he's to worry about Arum doing what he did with Berto and Marquez and basically just bullshit them before announcing the real opponent.

seeing what's going on with Chavez Jr i wouldn't be surprised to see it be Mosley, Chavez Jr if he gets the WBC strap that got taken from Martinez, and the winner of Cotto/Margarito or both Cotto and Margarito.
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 2 2011, 01:16 PM) *

See, I have never understood this logic that well and I can't say I agree with it. Well I agree that Manny and Floyd need to fight, that is without question, lol.

I think fighters should retire when they don't want to fight any more. I don't think they should, if they think nobody else has a chance at beating them. Things change, upsets happen. Sometimes it can be from a guy that you least expect. Upsets do happen. It doesn't always have to be a marquee name.
I'm happy if fighters keep fighting the best a division has to offer (even if the best is well below them). You could say the same for the Klitschko's. They should just retire, nobody can beat them. I'm just not a fan of that, though each to their own.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 1 2011, 10:05 PM) *
See, I have never understood this logic that well and I can't say I agree with it. Well I agree that Manny and Floyd need to fight, that is without question, lol.

I think fighters should retire when they don't want to fight any more. I don't think they should, if they think nobody else has a chance at beating them. Things change, upsets happen. Sometimes it can be from a guy that you least expect. Upsets do happen. It doesn't always have to be a marquee name.
I'm happy if fighters keep fighting the best a division has to offer (even if the best is well below them). You could say the same for the Klitschko's. They should just retire, nobody can beat them. I'm just not a fan of that, though each to their own.

no im saying floyd should just retire if he's not going to fight.... i wouldnt care who he fought (long as they are rated fighters of course or someone of a perceived threat)as long as he was active but it seems to be fairly obvious he has one foot out of the door... fighting one time a year to me is a semi retired fighter... and i say this as a fan of his if he's not gonna fight he may as well step out of the sport... personally i think there are more reasons for the may/pac fight not happening mainly arums not ready for it to happen but thats my take on that so... if not pac, entertain his fans and keep busy fighting a bradley or who ever but get in the damn ring... i like watching him fight, but once per year... naw he can keep that... he's like the guy that you know has all the skills in a particular sport lets say football but refuses to play for the team... thats how im starting to see him... id have more respect for the guy if he just dropped out of the boxing limelight if he's not gonna fight on a regular... as for pac, i wasnt saying he needed to retire... he has a sweet gig as i said fighting has beens and faded champions, and he's generating a lot of money in doing so... and you know what im not hating it... if he can pull it off more power to him... thats what im saying...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 2 2011, 12:44 AM) *
Sorry Jluv. I agree with you about Floyd. He is like a part time fighter at the moment.

Though I stand by what I said which still stands for Pacquiao. I think it's ok to do what Manny is doing for a bit. But now it's starting to wear thin. He really needs to fight a deserving and fresh fighter.

we both agree... im not knocking mannys hustle not one bit.. i mean if it where me and i could generate 30-50 million per fight to fight easy opposition... id do the same thing... and thats what arums gonna do till the act wears thin... at which point if mayweather is still available arum serves him up... if not pac retires and tells everyone that will listen he tried for years to make a fight happen and has nothing else to prove... the non die hard fans will believe the b.s and his legacy will be set... good for him...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 2 2011, 02:01 AM) *
we both agree... im not knocking mannys hustle not one bit.. i mean if it where me and i could generate 30-50 million per fight to fight easy opposition... id do the same thing... and thats what arums gonna do till the act wears thin... at which point if mayweather is still available arum serves him up... if not pac retires and tells everyone that will listen he tried for years to make a fight happen and has nothing else to prove... the non die hard fans will believe the b.s and his legacy will be set... good for him...

Wrong!

Mosley will KO him cleanly and the Mayweather legacy will stand and Pac's will diminish. Shane knows Pac can be hurt and is there to be hit, he will take out Pac early or in the mid rounds.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 1 2011, 08:34 PM) *
i really doubt Pac fights anyone if TR isn't the promoter, they're not sharing the spotlight with anybody. so even if there's an interesting fight the fighter has to drop his promoter to get a shot at Pac and then he's to worry about Arum doing what he did with Berto and Marquez and basically just bullshit them before announcing the real opponent.

seeing what's going on with Chavez Jr i wouldn't be surprised to see it be Mosley, Chavez Jr if he gets the WBC strap that got taken from Martinez, and the winner of Cotto/Margarito or both Cotto and Margarito.

well i know that... man those people have pac tied around their finger... and juicing him good...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 2 2011, 01:09 AM) *
Wrong!

Mosley will KO him cleanly and the Mayweather legacy will stand and Pac's will diminish. Shane knows Pac can be hurt and is there to be hit, he will take out Pac early or in the mid rounds.

man i wish i could agree with you on this one... if we where sig betting that is one id gladly lose to you and give you the sig iwanted to post on your page... lol... cuzz id have to pick pac in this fight... my heart will be with shane but i just dont think he can pull the trigger anymore when its most crucial...
JLUVBABY
figured id post this here but my smoked salmon finally came in yesterday i won from beardo's contest... He really took care of me... cant wait for him to hit the forum again so i can thank him... i got 4 of them.. 1 big 1 and 3 smaller ones... its a very nice package... Thank You SMARTYBEARDO!!!!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 2 2011, 02:30 AM) *
man i wish i could agree with you on this one... if we where sig betting that is one id gladly lose to you and give you the sig iwanted to post on your page... lol... cuzz id have to pick pac in this fight... my heart will be with shane but i just dont think he can pull the trigger anymore when its most crucial...

I do really think Shane can win this, BUT as Pac has proved time and time again I also won't be surprised if he batters Mosley.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 2 2011, 02:32 AM) *
figured id post this here but my smoked salmon finally came in yesterday i won from beardo's contest... He really took care of me... cant wait for him to hit the forum again so i can thank him... i got 4 of them.. 1 big 1 and 3 smaller ones... its a very nice package... Thank You SMARTYBEARDO!!!!

Congrats! Beardo is the man.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 2 2011, 02:09 AM) *
Wrong!

LL I wouldn't go down this road, you know too well where it ends up................. laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 2 2011, 02:37 AM) *
I do really think Shane can win this, BUT as Pac has proved time and time again I also won't be surprised if he batters Mosley.

Congrats! Beardo is the man.

Mosley after Margarito could have beat Pac, I think he could have anyway. He'd a high confidence and would have been able to fight, now I think his "best" days are behind him and this is going to be ugly after 5-6 rounds. I think he just has a puncher's chance now.
Sai
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 1 2011, 05:03 PM) *
ok... great job with photoshop or whatever it is you use...

Thanks for the compliment bro. I used Photoshop CS5
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 2 2011, 02:32 AM) *

JLUV this is standard Black Ops 101. The salmon you have now undoubtedly ingested is filled with a slow release poison. You should mysteriously die in about 2 weeks. They first started trialling this stuff on Castro's cigars back in the 60's but only now have they successfully perfected it.................with salmon.

There is a slim chance you may survive but the side effect is that you will go totally insane and start predicting things like a Shane Mosley knockout in his next fight laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 7 2011, 03:21 AM) *
JLUV this is standard Black Ops 101. The salmon you have now undoubtedly ingested is filled with a slow release poison. You should mysteriously die in about 2 weeks. They first started trialling this stuff on Castro's cigars back in the 60's but only now have they successfully perfected it.................with salmon.

There is a slim chance you may survive but the side effect is that you will go totally insane and start predicting things like a Shane Mosley knockout in his next fight laugh.gif

Don't laugh... Shanes got a shot... lol... Seriously tho i know a chick that dates shane when he's in our area and i've been sending lil messages to him.... dont know if he'll listen, i doubt it, but she's, so she says, been relaying the messages... we'll see if he listens or if richardson likes my idea but... i think he needs to hurt pac early and get him out of there or hurt him to the point to where he scores a few knockdowns in the first few rounds... if he doesnt score a knockout but gets a few knockdowns early he should settle in and try his best to box the middle rounds conserving enough energy if he can to come on in the 10th-12th rounds... thats a very hard task for him specially at this advanced age... now realistically what do i think is gonna take place?... i think shane goes out trying to box pac and gets knocked out late in the fight... his only shot is to put some severe hurt on pac early before he takes too much damage and dont have it in him to hurt the guy... if he can hurt pac early like ive figured and hurt him good he may be able to keep him at bay long enough to rack up some rounds... rest in the mmiddle rounds and save for that last burst of attacks in 10th through 12... that would be my plan if i was advising him... its a risk but he has the punch to pull it off if anyone has that pacs fought in the last few years... now if he cant land some nice money shots early hes as fucked as if he goes out trying to box with that jumpy ass boxing style he has so he may as well give himself his best chance to win... thats my opinion and would be battle plan if i where in his corner...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 2 2011, 03:08 AM) *
LL I wouldn't go down this road, you know too well where it ends up................. laugh.gif

I know, but I always root against Pac and this is the one...

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 2 2011, 02:34 PM) *
Mosley after Margarito could have beat Pac, I think he could have anyway. He'd a high confidence and would have been able to fight, now I think his "best" days are behind him and this is going to be ugly after 5-6 rounds. I think he just has a puncher's chance now.

You are probably exactly right. It will take me to see him on fight night to finally realize Mosley is not who he used to be. This is probably going to be a sad sad night for me. But for now I will continue to hope Mosley has just one great performance left, and if that does not work, maybe he can at least land that one perfect hook to end Pacmania?
JLUVBABY
i take it im one of the few that thought shane beat mora pretty comfortably.... it wasnt a pretty fight as mora is hard to look good against but i was surprised at the draw... thought shane had it by a good 4 points or so...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 8 2011, 05:50 AM) *
i take it im one of the few that thought shane beat mora pretty comfortably.... it wasnt a pretty fight as mora is hard to look good against but i was surprised at the draw... thought shane had it by a good 4 points or so...

That's the thing, Mora is elusive bigger and an awkward fighter. Shane definitely looked iffy that night, but he surely won. Mora did dick. IMO though Mosley did look to lose a step that night too. But it is hard to look good against a guy like that. I believe Mosley size wise and with Pac's style is a good fit for him that night. Pac has admitted to being hurt by AM, and Mosley knows that so I think that really fuels Shane to get the KO. Man I keep going back and forth with my thoughts on this fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 8 2011, 06:41 AM) *
Don't laugh... Shanes got a shot... lol... Seriously tho i know a chick that dates shane when he's in our area and i've been sending lil messages to him.... dont know if he'll listen, i doubt it, but she's, so she says, been relaying the messages... we'll see if he listens or if richardson likes my idea but...

It is clear to me that Beardo's poisoned salmon is doing the trick. You have clearly gone insane. laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 8 2011, 06:55 AM) *
That's the thing, Mora is elusive bigger and an awkward fighter. Shane definitely looked iffy that night, but he surely won. Mora did dick. IMO though Mosley did look to lose a step that night too. But it is hard to look good against a guy like that.

Not with a gun it's not. laugh.gif (What is it with me lately?)

Jokes aside though I'm so happy Mora the spoiler got spoiled himself by an even worse spoiler in Brian Vera. I'm pretty sure I loathe him more than any other 'Contender' with the exception of Alfonso Gomez.

I'll never forgive him for what he did to Gatti. And then trying to watch him stare down Cotto. Dude are you kidding me?
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 8 2011, 12:32 PM) *
Not with a gun it's not. laugh.gif (What is it with me lately?)

Jokes aside though I'm so happy Mora the spoiler got spoiled himself by an even worse spoiler in Brian Vera. I'm pretty sure I loathe him more than any other 'Contender' with the exception of Alfonso Gomez.

I'll never forgive him for what he did to Gatti. And then trying to watch him stare down Cotto. Dude are you kidding me?

I dunno. Gomez has done some things but Mora's level of douchebaggery is on a whole other level.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 8 2011, 05:55 AM) *
That's the thing, Mora is elusive bigger and an awkward fighter. Shane definitely looked iffy that night, but he surely won. Mora did dick. IMO though Mosley did look to lose a step that night too. But it is hard to look good against a guy like that. I believe Mosley size wise and with Pac's style is a good fit for him that night. Pac has admitted to being hurt by AM, and Mosley knows that so I think that really fuels Shane to get the KO. Man I keep going back and forth with my thoughts on this fight.

save yourself the trouble, Mosley isn't beating Pac. unless Pac literally just stands in front of Mosley Pac will be winning. The problem with Mosley is he's 5 rounds tops before Pac has him wore out from the pace of the fight, a tired Mosley would be in serious trouble of having the fight stopped by his corner.

since he's a puncher's chance and it'll be a nice payout i'll put a little on Mosley by stoppage but i really doubt it'll happen and my main bet will be Pac by decision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.