Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ismayl Sillakh...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
I just read that piece on Ismayl Sillakh and was wondering what you guys knew bout him... I'd never heard of him till reading James Toney's piece but he seems very high on the kid (I dont follow amateur boxing anymore since they changed the scoring back in the days)... Would love some feed back from those in the know...

Box in Hand
I had the same thought J. I mean the guy looks like a more aggressive version of Dawson so I guess we will see how he ends up.
Mean Mister Mustard
Dawson also looked very aggressive when he was fighting no-hopers , but as he stepped up in competition he had to resort to boxing more. Let's wait and see what else he can do.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Feb 2 2011, 01:48 PM) *
I had the same thought J. I mean the guy looks like a more aggressive version of Dawson so I guess we will see how he ends up.

hope we get to see him on shobox or espn 2 vs some known comp soon... im interested...
JLUVBABY
double post
Maxy
Battle of unbeatens coming up in March. There are a lot of people who consider Sillakh to be the best prospect in world boxing right now. Too early to make a judgment yet though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 3 2011, 10:05 AM) *
Battle of unbeatens coming up in March. There are a lot of people who consider Sillakh to be the best prospect in world boxing right now. Too early to make a judgment yet though.

who is he fighting maxi?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 3 2011, 10:05 AM) *

who is he fighting maxi?
Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 3 2011, 12:37 PM) *
who is he fighting maxy?

Yordanis Despaigne, the unbeaten Cuban. Trouble with Despaigne is that he is already 30 so he is in a hurry. Good amateur though, as expected with the Cubans. Beat Pascal and won and lost against Dirrell but I think Sillakh will be good enough to win. He's certainly a confident fighter...after the Jones-Hopkins fight he said, "I respect Bernard Hopkins but if I fought him I would beat him!"
STEVENSKI
Sorry don't like the name so I don't like him. Just how it is I am afraid.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 4 2011, 09:36 AM) *
LOL. I actually expected a response like this when I saw you as the last replier. I eagerly opened this thread like a kid on christmas, lol.

What can I say. I am not a fan of those style of names.
JLUVBABY
we are finding out bout this guy tonight... i am impressed so far... he is buating up this cuban very nicely so far... round 4 just started...
JLUVBABY
this is turning out to be a solid fight on espn2 tonight... i thought silkah had the cuban all but out after the 3rd round but despaigne is coming back...
SmartyBeardo
Missed it. who won?
SENTRAL
Sillakh won a unanimous decision and looked good. I was impressed with him but he needs to cut back on the show boating because he also fights tall and that's a recipe for disaster. Light heavyweight has a sprinkling of goid fighters and the rest are a whole tier below. I think Sillakh can soon enter the top tier.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Mar 5 2011, 12:02 AM) *
Sillakh won a unanimous decision and looked good. I was impressed with him but he needs to cut back on the show boating because he also fights tall and that's a recipe for disaster. Light heavyweight has a sprinkling of goid fighters and the rest are a whole tier below. I think Sillakh can soon enter the top tier.

Thanks Sentral.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 3 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Sorry don't like the name so I don't like him. Just how it is I am afraid.

LOL. Valid reason.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I've been high on this guy for the last year. He was on the undercard of Jones-Hopkins 2, and he destroyed Daniel Judah. Nobody had destroyed Daniel Judah like that, and I was really impressed with his jab, skills, and power. He showed all of that last night. He's a controlled boxer, and he doesn't let his opponent get in his head. With this sport being 80% mental, I like the fact that he controls the pace in there. He could have jumped all over him when the Cuban was hurt, but that may have played right into his hands. He had a brilliant amateur career, and I'd like to see him in with some of the bigger lt. heavyweight names. Honestly, a fight with Yusef Mack would be great at this point. However, Mack just won an eliminator last night, so that may not be happening. A fight with Gabriel Campillo or Otis Griffin would also be a nice step. I think he beats all those guys with that snapping jab, and is on his way to becoming champ.
JLUVBABY
thing is the cuban fighter he beat last night looked like he may be the goods too... just appeared sillahk was a few levels above him... i can name a lot of top ten lt heavies id favor him over after what he showed last night... back to the cuban despaigne... i wont be surprised to see him win some fights and find him self in the top ten within the next year to 2 himself... he wasnt a bad fighter.. i can see him being better then guys like shaun george and chris henry and adrian diacanu and those guys are ranked in the top 10... id go as far to say the skill set he showed last night was on the level of a cloud... just saying they both appear to be contenders of the future... just sillahk is the much more solid of the two...
wedmyr
Can anyone tell me this guy takes good wedding photos?
wedding photography in san diego
wedmyr
Can anyone tell me this guy takes good wedding photos?
wedding photographer in san diego
and the NEW
Well Yordanis (spelling) was never a top amateur anyways. He was good, but his not on the level of a Gamboa or Lara.

That siad, this Sillakh kid could do well at the LHW division considering how weak it is. When Cloud holds down a title with ease, you know how bad the challengers are. Unfortunately, LHW has been a very weak division for a long while now. Better fights down at super middle.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Mar 12 2011, 06:36 AM) *
Well Yordanis (spelling) was never a top amateur anyways. He was good, but his not on the level of a Gamboa or Lara.

That siad, this Sillakh kid could do well at the LHW division considering how weak it is. When Cloud holds down a title with ease, you know how bad the challengers are. Unfortunately, LHW has been a very weak division for a long while now. Better fights down at super middle.

i have to disagree... i think the lt heavies are very solid division... we just arent seeing the lower ranked guys fighting each other... you got the yusef macks and adrian dioncanus and chris henries that are the lower tier contenders and we arent seeing much of them.. specially chris henry that guy hits like a mack truck a pure puncher and would be in any fight but he hasnt fought in for ever... dont know if he's having issues again or what but i mention these guys cuzz they are all 3 dangerous guys in the division not named hopkins or johnson and not one of the 4 or 5 recognized champions... and then you throw in a guy like sillakh and even despainge whom i thought is capable of getting with some of the guys in the top 10 and you have what appears to me a very solid division... i also read enzo macc is gonna be looking to end his career at 175 so thats another name and it appears bute, ward and froch will be moving up so 175 may become a glamour division here within the next year or so... gonna be interesting...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.