Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 126
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Warlord
Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Demetrious Johnson starts NOW!
Warlord
Round 1 pretty boring, should probably be even but it'll go to Johnson due to the UFC's over-scoring for takedowns which have no effect.
Warlord
Great advice in Kid's corner. "If you get taken down, stand back up." That's the equivalent of telling a boxer "If you get hit, fight back. Counter punch."
Warlord
Kid gets kicked in the balls.
Warlord
Good knee by Kid at the end, but Johnson will take the 2nd round as well due to the takedowns.
Warlord
Kid told Dana White that he'd get 'KO of the night' or 'Fight of the night.' I'm thinking... no.
Warlord
Johnson is a Frankie Edgar clone, bouncing all over the goddamn place.
Warlord
Joe Rogan jizzing over Johnson's "speed." Rogan really likes Mr. Johnson.
Warlord
Johnson should take it 30-27 on all three scorecards, unless one of the judges gives Kid a pity round.
Warlord
One judge scored it 29-28. Guess he gave Kid the first, where nothing happened at all. Except for Johnson's pointless takedowns.
Warlord
Chad Mendes vs. Michihiro Omigawa up next.
Warlord
Decent first round, I'll give it to Omigawa for the submission attempt (armbar.)
Warlord
Good 2nd round, close, but Mendes probably takes it due to the strong start and takedown at the end.

1-1. 3rd will decide it all.
Warlord
Nasty cut on Omigawa's left eyelid.
Warlord
Close 3rd. I give it to Omigawa. He did better in the stand-up, and worked well from the bottom when he was taken down. Mendes just laid there and rode the clock out, but the UFC judges will give it to him anyway I'm sure.
Warlord
All 3 judges score it 30-27 for Mendeds. Ridiculous. I understand the UFC scoring would give it to Mendes, but not by that margin. Jesus.
Warlord
Donald Cerrone vs. Paul Kelly up next. I'm not scoring it. It's on free TV, so just watch it yourselves. I'll be back for Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos.
Warlord
Man, I hate Anderson Silva. I hope Vitor knocks his fucking ass out. I just saw footage of the weigh-in, with Silva getting in Vitor's face talking shit. What a fucking punk.
Warlord
Lifeless 1st round. Both guys coming to the ring sporting RIDICULOUS haircuts. I give it to Torres for actually having the courage to show up with a mullet.
Warlord
Torres takes the 2nd. Just pot-shotting his way to victory. Very Frankie Edgar-esque type of fight tonight. Fans booing. Rightfully so.
Warlord
Another doo doo round. Give it Torres. He should take it 30-27.

Cut your hair, Miguel, you fucking faggot. Mullets went out about 1.5 seconds after they came in.
Warlord
Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha up next.

Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones after that. I don't like Bader, but the Jon Jones dick-sucking going on lately has been ridiculous. I hope Bader finishes him.
Warlord
Carlos Eduardo Rocha coming out to Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby." Wowzers. Mullets and Vanilla Ice. What decade am I in?

Goldy: "The UFC, Joe... only in... the TWILIGHT ZONE! Brought to you by Dana White and the Ferrita brothers."
Warlord
Oh lordy. Stream nearly crapped out. Which means *I* nearly crapped my pants. Literally. I gotta dump now. Should I dare it, or try to make it to the end of the night?

*Uh oh. Just froze up again as I was typing. I think I'm gonna do take a dump and hope it works itself out before I get back. Later fellas. I got the baby-wipes too, just in case.
Warlord
Back. Boy, I defiled my toilet.
Warlord
Jake Ellenberger wins by SD.
Warlord
Jones/Bader up next.
Warlord
Jon Jones cart-wheeling into the ring, wishing he was Sakuraba, but having not even 1/8th of the charisma.
Warlord
Both guys looking tense.
Mean Mister Mustard
What a bizarre RBR.
Warlord
Alot of energy expended in the 1st round, but not alot of damage. Jones will take it for having top position for most of the round.
Warlord
Bader sucking wind to start round 2.
Warlord
Bader's getting desperate. His strategy is futile, fighting outside with Jones, who has a ridiculous reach advantage. He needs to close the distance. But he doesn't. Now he's under Jones again.
Warlord
And he just got himself choked out. Jones wins.
Warlord
I'd like to see Jones in with Machida or Rua next. I think he'll get Rampage though, and that's probably a fight he wins if Rampage comes in trying to box.
Warlord
Oh snap. Rogan said Evans is injured, and the UFC wants Jones to fill in and fight Shogun. Jones accepts. Here we go.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 5 2011, 11:26 PM) *
I'd like to see Jones in with Machida or Rua next. I think he'll get Rampage though, and that's probably a fight he wins if Rampage comes in trying to box.

Is there any other Rampage?

Warlord
Shogun comes to the ring, says it is no problem, he'll fight anyone.

Good shit.

Shogun will close the distance with his Muay Thai and maul Jon Jones, I believe. Jones isn't ready for this kind of fight.
Warlord
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 5 2011, 11:27 PM) *
[/b]

Is there any other Rampage?

laugh.gif There once was. Back in Pride. We saw flashes of that old Rampage against Machida, so who knows. It's moot now though. Jones versus Shogun is Jones's next fight.
Warlord
Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin up next.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 5 2011, 11:29 PM) *
Shogun comes to the ring, says it is no problem, he'll fight anyone.

Good shit.

Shogun will close the distance with his Muay Thai and maul Jon Jones, I believe. Jones isn't ready for this kind of fight.

HELL YEAH!!You hear that War i knew you were gonna be pump for that one.

I like Shogun and i'll be rooting for him but i think Jones is the future at LHW and and the future is now. Believe it or not i actually see Jones out strikeing Rua from a distance and useing his far superior wrestling to control the ground and take a UD.
Warlord
Don't know whose gonna win it, but I'm pulling for my hometown compatriot, Forrest Griffin. Georgia in da house!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 5 2011, 11:33 PM) *
Don't know whose gonna win it, but I'm pulling for my hometown compatriot, Forrest Griffin. Georgia in da house!

Damn we always seem to disagree im going with franklin by a hair.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 5 2011, 11:32 PM) *
HELL YEAH!!You hear that War i knew you were gonna be pump for that one.

I like Shogun and i'll be rooting for him but i think Jones is the future at LHW and and the future is now. Believe it or not i actually see Jones out strikeing Rua from a distance and useing his far superior wrestling to control the ground and take a UD.

Jones's reach advantage won't be a factor, because of Shogun's Muay Thai.

Jones can win it if he puts Shogun down and keeps him down, but no one has really been able to do that. Not with a healthy Shogun, anyway. And Jones has never gone 5 rounds either. Hell of a time to start, with one of the best 205lbers in history.

Either way I'm stoked for this fight.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 5 2011, 11:35 PM) *
Damn we always seem to disagree im going with franklin by a hair.

Oh don't worry, I'm not picking Griffin to win, lol. He may well lose. I just gotta pull for him because of the hometown connection.
Warlord
Did Rich have some work done up top? His hair line is looking... fuller... than usual. Fascinating.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 6 2011, 02:47 PM) *
I got the baby-wipes too, just in case.

Does your arse feel like god himself kissed it? Flushable baby wipes laugh.gif although in China you could probably flush a disposable nappy & get away with it.
Warlord
Good first round for Griffin. Took Rich down and worked him for 5 consecutive minutes, landing some nice shots from top position.

Griffin is the perennial over-achiever.
Warlord
Good 2nd round, close, but I give it to Griffin for rocking Franklin a little after midway.
Warlord
Good 3rd; flip a coin. I think Griffin earned the decision. We'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.