Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather and Arum Re-unite @ Super Bowl...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
arum and mayweather re-unite

Well they say they didnt discuss boxing but i find it hard to believe those two set inside the same boxed area and not speak on that subject or somebody not bring it up... im sure that time may and j jones spent together was jerry telling him get that fight made and bring it to cowboy stadium... lol... if only.. whats you guys thoughts?
puma
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 7 2011, 05:21 PM) *

Well they say they didnt discuss boxing but i find it hard to believe those two set inside the same boxed area and not speak on that subject or somebody not bring it up... im sure that time may and j jones spent together was jerry telling him get that fight made and bring it to cowboy stadium... lol... if only.. whats you guys thoughts?

No way the fight wont happen. It's all about $$$$$!
The fans want it. The promoters want it and the fighters want it!
This nonsense about Mayweather being scared is a bunch of hype and bs!
They will fight!
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 7 2011, 05:21 PM) *

Jones didn't invite Mayweather and Arum just to take up space in his box, he wants a big fight in his stadium. i think this was purely a nice gesture from Jones to try to get Mayweather to take the fight and have it in Arlington. from day one Jones has wanted them to fight in Cowboys stadium.

i want to see what will happen since this went down, a Jerry Jones bonus on top of HBO money and PPV money might have Mayweather saying "Pacquiao isn't man enough to take the tests but I want to give the fans what they deserve" lol.
STEVENSKI
I am starting to hope the fight does not come off. Pac's legacy is secured & anything he does now is gravy. Mayweather has a huge ? over his career & needs this fight to stamp his legacy.

Yes my hate clouds my judgement & as good a fight as it will be Mayweather would be the favourite to get the W. I would prefer to see no fight & Mayweather have that ? hanging over his career.

Snoop
Both these guys have huge ?'s hanging over their careers IMO. Makes me think about what it all really means when two ?'s face off. I mean, yeah they're the best of their times, but where does this time rank in the historical scheme of boxing?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 8 2011, 05:44 PM) *
Both these guys have huge ?'s hanging over their careers IMO. Makes me think about what it all really means when two ?'s face off. I mean, yeah they're the best of their times, but where does this time rank in the historical scheme of boxing?

Pac is miles over Mayweather legacy & historical wise. His career up to 130 is better than Mayweathers career to date.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 8 2011, 08:46 AM) *
Pac is miles over Mayweather legacy & historical wise. His career up to 130 is better than Mayweathers career to date.

You really think MAB, Morales, and JMM trump Mayweather's entire career?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 7 2011, 08:27 PM) *
Jones didn't invite Mayweather and Arum just to take up space in his box, he wants a big fight in his stadium. i think this was purely a nice gesture from Jones to try to get Mayweather to take the fight and have it in Arlington. from day one Jones has wanted them to fight in Cowboys stadium.

i want to see what will happen since this went down, a Jerry Jones bonus on top of HBO money and PPV money might have Mayweather saying "Pacquiao isn't man enough to take the tests but I want to give the fans what they deserve" lol.

if this fight goes down in dallas man im there and im saying it now.... PERCY AND BEN WILL HAVE TO GET ME A PRESS PASS... LOL!!!! I'LL CARRY BAGS OR TAKE PICS FOR THE SITE OR WHATEVER...LOL!!!!... wishful thinking i know but i may as well plant the seeds now... LOL!

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 7 2011, 08:27 PM) *
STEVENSKI Posted Today, 01:46 AM

QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 8 2011, 05:44 PM) *

Stev... I love ya post even when we dont agree but dont let your hate cloud your perception... pacs last few fights have asteriks on them that are as big as mayweathers reluctance or lack of fighting... i agree with snoop if you wanna be technical that they both have question marks on their careers... they both need each other... its a career defining fight for both of them... pacs legacy is cemented by those non boxing fans that dont know what they are looking at... to the real die hard fans its obvious whats going on with his career.. i dont blame them for making pacs fights the way they have but its hardly a hall of fame career what he has done his last few fights... its all smoke and mirrors..

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 8 2011, 08:40 PM) *
You really think MAB, Morales, and JMM trump Mayweather's entire career?

Not really but I think that his wins have been far more impressive. I would say that his best win over a prime MAB is better than anything Mayweather has on his resume.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 8 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Stevenski. When Pacquiao finished at 130, he wasn't even considered a current #1 p4p fighter, how the hell was he going to surpass Mayweather's career when he couldn't even secure a current #1 p4p ranking at the time. You are exaggerating IMO.

I may be exaggerating & letting my hate cloud my judgement saying Pac was not a current #1 P4P fighter in 2007 is ridiculous. Beating a undefeated Solis & Barerra is as good as Mayweathers efforts that year in beating a undefeated Hatton & a gunshy & disinterested DLH.

Not disputing anything but Pac was #2 P4P at worst when he finished at 130 & it is subjective that Mayweather deserved to be ranked #1 over him at that time & since then.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 8 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Stev... I love ya post even when we dont agree but dont let your hate cloud your perception... pacs last few fights have asteriks on them that are as big as mayweathers reluctance or lack of fighting... i agree with snoop if you wanna be technical that they both have question marks on their careers... they both need each other... its a career defining fight for both of them... pacs legacy is cemented by those non boxing fans that dont know what they are looking at... to the real die hard fans its obvious whats going on with his career.. i dont blame them for making pacs fights the way they have but its hardly a hall of fame career what he has done his last few fights... its all smoke and mirrors..

Yeah I don't disagree on the question marks. I do think Pac has done enough pre 135 to get in the HOF & everything after that has been gravy for him. The other thing is that whilst the fights Pac has taken in recent years look questionable on reflection they are not that bad (barring the catchweights). People gave all his opponents a decent chance to beat Pac. DLH, Cotto & Margarito were all bigger, stronger & harder punchers than Pac.

I can understand people don't like Pac much just like I have a pathalogical hatred for all things Mayweather. I do however think some people are being extremely critical of Pac & his career. These soft fights are actually pretty good & if a fighter deserves a couple of soft ones surely it is Pac who has earnt the right. This ain't like RJJ & his bum of the year club.

I am a fan of Pac because he does not know how to have a boring fight & always gives his all. What really pisses me off is how people make unsubstantiated claims that Pac is on PED's with not one skerrick of proof. If he failed a test or two or had anything like that I would say go for it but whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

It is like the Mayweathers are upset that not only is a exciting wrecking machine stealing their cash cows limelight but some people rank him higher than the chosen one & god forbid have more respect for him as both a fighter & a human being. Therefore they try & tarnish another fighters hard work by slandering his name to the media.

It is the stuff like this that turns me off boxing in a big way & makes me lose interest in the sport. At least with the other sports I watch the best face the best because they have to. Imagine if the superbowl teams refused to play each other for no good reason & then one team said the others were drug cheats without any proof?

TheFonz
Barrera win is on the same level as the Corrales win, IMO. Pac is not miles ahead of May lagacy wise by any stretch of the imagination.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 8 2011, 06:39 AM) *
Yeah I don't disagree on the question marks. I do think Pac has done enough pre 135 to get in the HOF & everything after that has been gravy for him. The other thing is that whilst the fights Pac has taken in recent years look questionable on reflection they are not that bad (barring the catchweights). People gave all his opponents a decent chance to beat Pac. DLH, Cotto & Margarito were all bigger, stronger & harder punchers than Pac.

I can understand people don't like Pac much just like I have a pathalogical hatred for all things Mayweather. I do however think some people are being extremely critical of Pac & his career. These soft fights are actually pretty good & if a fighter deserves a couple of soft ones surely it is Pac who has earnt the right. This ain't like RJJ & his bum of the year club.

I am a fan of Pac because he does not know how to have a boring fight & always gives his all. What really pisses me off is how people make unsubstantiated claims that Pac is on PED's with not one skerrick of proof. If he failed a test or two or had anything like that I would say go for it but whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

It is like the Mayweathers are upset that not only is a exciting wrecking machine stealing their cash cows limelight but some people rank him higher than the chosen one & god forbid have more respect for him as both a fighter & a human being. Therefore they try & tarnish another fighters hard work by slandering his name to the media.

It is the stuff like this that turns me off boxing in a big way & makes me lose interest in the sport. At least with the other sports I watch the best face the best because they have to. Imagine if the superbowl teams refused to play each other for no good reason & then one team said the others were drug cheats without any proof?

None of the players in the MLB were on PEDs either... Until there was a federal investigation and they had to talk about PED use under oath. Nobody taking PEDs wants to get caught. I'm not saying Pac is on anything but the argument that because his tests come back negative doesn't mean he isn't on anything, it means he hasn't been caught yet. Boxing doesn't even have that good of drug testing, it's only 1 post-fight urinalysis.

i think any fighter would want to take something that can help him recover faster whenever he's training for 3 months for a chance to make more money. same with any other athlete, they'll do something if it means getting the franchise player money or just bigger paydays in general. there's too much money and pressure involved for me to think of athletes as innocent until proven guilty.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 8 2011, 05:09 AM) *
if this fight goes down in dallas man im there and im saying it now.... PERCY AND BEN WILL HAVE TO GET ME A PRESS PASS... LOL!!!! I'LL CARRY BAGS OR TAKE PICS FOR THE SITE OR WHATEVER...LOL!!!!... wishful thinking i know but i may as well plant the seeds now... LOL!

i've never really traveled for fights because none of them have made me really want to put the money down on nice seats, traveling to Vegas, then having some fun out there. if Mayweather/Pac happens i'm going to go and if it's in Texas i'm going to hit a different BBQ joint up every day lol.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 8 2011, 11:39 AM) *

Well even then there's a bit of haze around his career before 130. I dunno if I'd consider Barerra in his prime when they met, he lost to Morales the first time, and it makes me wonder why he faced Morales instead of Raheem when Morales lost the fight previous to their second encounter. He struggled with JMM both times, and I think we've been over DLH, Cotto and Margarito enough times to say they weren't exactly legitimate challenges. Even now he's taking on someone who's coming from low point in their career, which makes you wonder how much he's actually accomplishing and how much is being inflated by the media. PED issue aside, his resume, when you really look at the situation and not at just the names, isn't all that impressive. I think JLUV put it best when he said to the casual fan, Pac's resume will look like that of an ATG. But to those that know what's going on behind all the numbers, it's really just, as JLUV said, smoke and mirrors.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 9 2011, 06:38 AM) *
None of the players in the MLB were on PEDs either... Until there was a federal investigation and they had to talk about PED use under oath. Nobody taking PEDs wants to get caught. I'm not saying Pac is on anything but the argument that because his tests come back negative doesn't mean he isn't on anything, it means he hasn't been caught yet. Boxing doesn't even have that good of drug testing, it's only 1 post-fight urinalysis.

i think any fighter would want to take something that can help him recover faster whenever he's training for 3 months for a chance to make more money. same with any other athlete, they'll do something if it means getting the franchise player money or just bigger paydays in general. there's too much money and pressure involved for me to think of athletes as innocent until proven guilty.

Thats fine. Assume all elite level athletes are on PED's so the playing field is level. I will assume that Mayweather is on PED's because he looks good in his fights & wins dominantly. Almost a case of too good to be true so there is something wrong.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 9 2011, 07:53 AM) *
Well even then there's a bit of haze around his career before 130. I dunno if I'd consider Barerra in his prime when they met, he lost to Morales the first time, and it makes me wonder why he faced Morales instead of Raheem when Morales lost the fight previous to their second encounter. He struggled with JMM both times, and I think we've been over DLH, Cotto and Margarito enough times to say they weren't exactly legitimate challenges. Even now he's taking on someone who's coming from low point in their career, which makes you wonder how much he's actually accomplishing and how much is being inflated by the media. PED issue aside, his resume, when you really look at the situation and not at just the names, isn't all that impressive. I think JLUV put it best when he said to the casual fan, Pac's resume will look like that of an ATG. But to those that know what's going on behind all the numbers, it's really just, as JLUV said, smoke and mirrors.

Barerra was at the peak of his powers then having beaten Morales, Tapia, Hamed & Kelley. Afterwards he continued on another streak facing & beating elite level competition. No one had beaten him the way Pac did & to bring up the Morales loss from 3 years before is a stretch at best & quite pathetic when that loss was a SD loss that was hotly disputed.

As for why he faced Morales instead of Raheem if you can't see that I pity you. I suppose you don't want fighters to avenge their losses or something?

He struggled with JMM in their fights because their styles mesh perfectly. It is like saying Ali struggled with Frazier so lets downgrade his career. Styles make fights boxing 101 Snoop.

As I said previously most people were picking DLH to destroy Pac it was a genuine split with Margarito & Cotto. Revisionist history at it's finest.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 8 2011, 09:37 PM) *
Barerra was at the peak of his powers then having beaten Morales, Tapia, Hamed & Kelley. Afterwards he continued on another streak facing & beating elite level competition. No one had beaten him the way Pac did & to bring up the Morales loss from 3 years before is a stretch at best & quite pathetic when that loss was a SD loss that was hotly disputed.

Fair enough.

As for why he faced Morales instead of Raheem if you can't see that I pity you. I suppose you don't want fighters to avenge their losses or something?

Then shouldn't Morales have fought Raheem again first?

laugh.gif

On the contrary, if you can't see how much of a set-up that was for Pac, from virtually ignoring the fact that Morales was coming off a loss or stipulating El Terrible back down to 130 after struggling to make 135, I pity you.

laugh.gif

He struggled with JMM in their fights because their styles mesh perfectly. It is like saying Ali struggled with Frazier so lets downgrade his career. Styles make fights boxing 101 Snoop.

Yeah but you're using them as capstone accomplishments in his resume when he arguably lost both fights. I mean he also arguably won both fights, but they weren't exactly clear cut wins. Give him credit for taking on a great fighter in JMM? Of course. But did he dominate a great fighter in JMM? No he didn't. Styles making fights really has nothing to do with the argument, unless of course you just want to commend him taking the challenge rather than how he actually performed.

As I said previously most people were picking DLH to destroy Pac it was a genuine split with Margarito & Cotto. Revisionist history at it's finest.

I think it's safe to say that neither DLH, Margarito, or Cotto came in their top form whether it be an issue of weight, a point in the career, whatever. He's fighting top notch names, but not in the top notch form. If that satisfies your requirements for a great fighter, then so be it.

BrutalBodyShots
I think Mayweather and Pacquiao have comparable resumes at this point. Both have achieved greatness, but both have taken quite a different path. Pacquiao has had twice as many fights as Mayweather in the last 5 years which gives the impression that he's accomplishing more... but the quality really isn't there. I actually think Pacquiao's most impressive win in his last 5 outings was against the worst name on his resume, Clottey. That fight to me is the only one Pacquiao has had that doesn't come with some sort of footnote or qualifier... even if Clottey did more or less just go in there to stand around for 36 minutes, that's not Pacquiao's fault so you can't hold it against him. A lot of these other fights for Pacquiao to me would be like Mayweather having Pavlik or Abraham (names that were undefeated not long ago) suck down to a catch weight and then Mayweather goes out there and toys with them for 12 rounds.

Mayweather took on better forms of Hatton and DLH, so it's tough to really give Pacquiao much credit for those victories (with respect to Mayweather) and we're getting more of the same with him facing Mosley next.

I rate 90% of Pacquiao's resume/career on his work from 122-130 from the period of 7 years from about 2001-2008. It was a great run where he beat a handful of A level fighters and a bunch of solid B level fighters too, and impressively.

With the exception of 2005, a year that IMO Mayweather had 3 bullshit fights, his career from 1998-present is basically the same as Pacquiao's from 2001-2008... beating A level fighters and a bunch of solid B guys and doing so impressively.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 9 2011, 11:26 AM) *
Then shouldn't Morales have fought Raheem again first?

Probably but then again all I see in that fight is a overweight Morales getting beat by a never will be who happened to box him rather than fight him. He knew he was comfortable at 130 & had previously beaten Pac at 130. Morales had & has no business at 135.

On the contrary, if you can't see how much of a set-up that was for Pac, from virtually ignoring the fact that Morales was coming off a loss or stipulating El Terrible back down to 130 after struggling to make 135, I pity you.

As above Morales looked good at 130. He did not at 135. Pretty simple.

Yeah but you're using them as capstone accomplishments in his resume when he arguably lost both fights. I mean he also arguably won both fights, but they weren't exactly clear cut wins. Give him credit for taking on a great fighter in JMM? Of course. But did he dominate a great fighter in JMM? No he didn't. Styles making fights really has nothing to do with the argument, unless of course you just want to commend him taking the challenge rather than how he actually performed.

Actually I am not. His capstone achievement was beating Barerra the first time. By far his most impressive victory & no one had ever handled Barerra that way let alone a peak prime Barerra.

I think it's safe to say that neither DLH, Margarito, or Cotto came in their top form whether it be an issue of weight, a point in the career, whatever. He's fighting top notch names, but not in the top notch form. If that satisfies your requirements for a great fighter, then so be it.

Cotto was looking pretty fucking good & well dangerous til he got lit up & dropped like a sack of shit. DLH was past his use by date & was considered not only a huge payday for Pac but also a very tough test indeed. Many worried that Pac would get seriously hurt by DLH who is a far bigger man. margarito say what you like but he was a dangerous opponent. It is easy to say with hindsight that they were all overmatched/drained etc but the reality is that all 3 were given a good chance at beating Pac.

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 9 2011, 01:32 PM) *
Mayweather took on better forms of Hatton and DLH, so it's tough to really give Pacquiao much credit for those victories (with respect to Mayweather) and we're getting more of the same with him facing Mosley next.

I think the Hatton that Pac took on was better. He was at his natural weight unlike at 147.
Col Reb
Ok, now that we've argued about which career was better.....on to the question:

Will these two finally fight? I think Jerry having Floyd & Arum there was wishful thinking, but hopefully those two can at least be civil. I really don't think the fight happens any time soon b/c Floyd's people will keep feeding him the idea about the drug testing. The ego will reign supreme and the concessions needing to be made won't happen. I could see them fighting in five years if both end of needing money/attention. It will still be a big fight, but it won't be near its potential. Of course, that only happens if Manny does not focus 100% on politics and Floyd is not in jail.
STEVENSKI
I agree. I am over this fight already & whilst I would like to see it happen I pretty much no longer give a shit.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 9 2011, 01:29 AM) *
I agree. I am over this fight already & whilst I would like to see it happen I pretty much no longer give a shit.

i'm with you 120% stevo...
JLUVBABY
Dont know how valid this is but roger mayweather posted this last night on facebook....

Freddie Roach Drug testing
by Roger Mayweather on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at 9:40pm

I hear Freddie Roach is making Mosley do that olympic style drug testing yet he still aint making that nigga poochiaou take. what does that tell you? How you gon tell somebody to do something like that and you aint even do it yaself, thats exactly why my nephew aint fight his cheating punk ass. He said he take the test 2 or 3 days before the fight but he wont take it after the fight what that tell you right there. period what time is it?

Money Rog
gravytrain
i haven't really been looking but i don't think i've heard anything about olympic style testing for Mosley, i do know Roach wants to go beyond the standard NSAC testing though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 9 2011, 07:36 PM) *
i haven't really been looking but i don't think i've heard anything about olympic style testing for Mosley, i do know Roach wants to go beyond the standard NSAC testing though.

this is the update im getting on the issue...

Mosley agreed to it, on the condition that Pacquiao does it too. Now, Freddie is not only scrapping the idea, he's denying that he even suggested it. What kind of shit is that to ask one fighter to take olympic style drug testing but it doesnt apply to you?... lol... thats some b.s...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 9 2011, 09:47 PM) *
this is the update im getting on the issue...

Mosley agreed to it, on the condition that Pacquiao does it too. Now, Freddie is not only scrapping the idea, he's denying that he even suggested it. What kind of shit is that to ask one fighter to take olympic style drug testing but it doesnt apply to you?... lol... thats some b.s...

lol i'd be real suspicious if i was Mosley, I'd probably be hitting up Conte too.

i wonder what Roach could say about his statement that Pac is clean since he's never failed a test when Mosley never failed a test either, he was wanting testing that went beyond standard NSAC testing too. team Pac really keeps shooting itself in the foot with the steroid issue.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 9 2011, 10:44 PM) *
I've been suspicious of Pacquiao to in the past, but is there another source to this other than Roger Mayweather's facebook update? lol.

Probably not, but you know it won't stop people around here from taking it as fact. All hail Uncle Roger the oracle!! For he is nothing but the truth!!!!! laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 9 2011, 10:44 PM) *
I've been suspicious of Pacquiao to in the past, but is there another source to this other than Roger Mayweather's facebook update? lol.

yeah, his twitter and Floyd Jrs Facebook. pretty damn solid in my opinion.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 10 2011, 12:09 AM) *
yeah, his twitter and Floyd Jrs Facebook. pretty damn solid in my opinion.

Why do the Mayweather's seem so obsessed with Manny? Really they can't get enough of the guy. Whenever Manny has a fight scheduled and is about to do press etc, they always come up with some way to inject themselves into the mix and try and steal the headlines.

It's almost comical watching them go on, and on, and on...............................

I think they struggle to believe that when Floyd left the game a guy just came along who immediately sucked up his spot as a PPV star (almost as big in America and I would guess far bigger globally) and boxing barely missed a beat. No-one is bigger than the game but the Mayweather's sure do seem sore about it.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 9 2011, 11:32 PM) *
Might very well be true, but they are not good sources at all IMO. They have an agenda with this.

i was just joking about that, i agree that they're not the best source though. Roach did want testing that went beyond the standard NSAC testing but that's all i've seen about it.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 9 2011, 11:46 PM) *
Why do the Mayweather's seem so obsessed with Manny? Really they can't get enough of the guy. Whenever Manny has a fight scheduled and is about to do press etc, they always come up with some way to inject themselves into the mix and try and steal the headlines.

It's almost comical watching them go on, and on, and on...............................

I think they struggle to believe that when Floyd left the game a guy just came along who immediately sucked up his spot as a PPV star (almost as big in America and I would guess far bigger globally) and boxing barely missed a beat. No-one is bigger than the game but the Mayweather's sure do seem sore about it.

i think it's a couple of things. one thing is the boxing media will not let the fight die, i imagine that every time something happens with one of the sides someone wants the opinion of the other group. the Mayweather/Pac rivalry is just too big of a draw for people to let it die, even on here Mayweather and Pac stories get more traffic than anything and it's mainly just trash talking.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 10 2011, 12:17 AM) *
i think it's a couple of things. one thing is the boxing media will not let the fight die, i imagine that every time something happens with one of the sides someone wants the opinion of the other group. the Mayweather/Pac rivalry is just too big of a draw for people to let it die, even on here Mayweather and Pac stories get more traffic than anything and it's mainly just trash talking.

Is it the media that makes the Mayweather's jump on their Facebook and (Twit)ter accounts spewing venomous bullshit?

Guess what Floyd and Roger this upcoming fight is Manny/MOSLEY, so why don't you just shut the fuck up and concentrate on your own affairs, like keeping Lil Floyd out of the slammer.

Seriously have you ever heard Manny say anything really nasty about these 2 idiots? Yet they keep harping on like a couple of teenage girls having their periods. With all this whining shit they sound like two crybaby bitches, all jealous coz a prettier girl moved into town.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Money Rog @ Feb 8 2011, 9.40pm) *
I hear Freddie Roach is making Mosley do that olympic style drug testing yet he still aint making that nigga poochiaou take. what does that tell you? How you gon tell somebody to do something like that and you aint even do it yaself, thats exactly why my nephew aint fight his cheating punk ass. He said he take the test 2 or 3 days before the fight but he wont take it after the fight what that tell you right there. period what time is it?

Money Rog

Money Rog? This guy is hilarious.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 10 2011, 08:39 PM) *
Seriously have you ever heard Manny say anything really nasty about these 2 idiots? Yet they keep harping on like a couple of teenage girls having their periods. With all this whining shit they sound like two crybaby bitches, all jealous coz a prettier girl moved into town.

It is simple. Manny has a element of class that the Mayweathers could never buy. I have heard Manny is in danger of going broke because he gives so much to charity & is a soft touch.

So there we go both Floyd & Manny could end up broke muthafuckas. At least Manny won't be getting his shit repossesed if that happens.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 10 2011, 04:39 AM) *
Is it the media that makes the Mayweather's jump on their Facebook and (Twit)ter accounts spewing venomous bullshit?

Guess what Floyd and Roger this upcoming fight is Manny/MOSLEY, so why don't you just shut the fuck up and concentrate on your own affairs, like keeping Lil Floyd out of the slammer.

if they put something like that on there there's a chance some outlet will take it and give them another chance to talk about how Pac needs to take the tests. and whether or not it's true if someone does decide to make an article on the statement, even though it's just more controversy for a failed fight, people are going to take the statements and run with them and it'll raise questions about Pac and Roach.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 9 2011, 09:14 PM) *
I think we need a better source for that one JLuv, lol.

i never claimed it was the source to end all sources.. just relaying whats being let out on facebook... but i doubt these guys are gonna open their mouths and just make up things... im sure even if they are incorrect they got bad info from a source... just like im sure there is a reason for the roid accusations... i doubt they set back and came up with that accusation out of the clear blue to muddy pacs name... lol... rather misunderstanding what is seen or heard etc.... rumors start rather true or not by what is thought to be seen or heard etc...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 10 2011, 04:31 PM) *
i never claimed it was the source to end all sources.. just relaying whats being let out on facebook... but i doubt these guys are gonna open their mouths and just make up things... im sure even if they are incorrect they got bad info from a source... just like im sure there is a reason for the roid accusations... i doubt they set back and came up with that accusation out of the clear blue to muddy pacs name... lol... rather misunderstanding what is seen or heard etc.... rumors start rather true or not by what is thought to be seen or heard etc...

i don't know, these are the same cats that said Pac is taking some Filipino army drugs that make bullets bounce off of you.

i don't think they know exactly what's going on but it's on record that Roach wants or wanted testing that went beyond standard NSAC testing. i think only team Pac and team Mosley really know how much they wanted and the details but it's possible that someone in the game like Roger might have someone tell him something confidentially. the only person to really clear it up is Mosley so I guess we'll have to wait and see whether or not it becomes a big issue, big enough for Mosley to go on the record anyway.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 10 2011, 03:42 PM) *
i don't know, these are the same cats that said Pac is taking some Filipino army drugs that make bullets bounce off of you.

i don't think they know exactly what's going on but it's on record that Roach wants or wanted testing that went beyond standard NSAC testing. i think only team Pac and team Mosley really know how much they wanted and the details but it's possible that someone in the game like Roger might have someone tell him something confidentially. the only person to really clear it up is Mosley so I guess we'll have to wait and see whether or not it becomes a big issue, big enough for Mosley to go on the record anyway.

i dont know the inside goings on of the game... i rely on certain people i know for tidbits here and there and then forums like this one and a few others to get tidbits here and there... but im sure when you are in the game the way they are you will get all kinds of insider rumors rather true or not... but im sure who ever or how ever that rumor started about pac something had to not look right for it to ever be spoken of in the first place...
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 11 2011, 08:31 AM) *
but i doubt these guys are gonna open their mouths and just make up things...

Haha, that sounds EXACTLY like those guys.

Like I said, I am suspicious about Manny to an extent, I just don't think they are a good source, they have a big agenda on the issue.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 10 2011, 05:50 PM) *

Like I said, I am suspicious about Manny to an extent, I just don't think they are a good source, they have a big agenda on the issue.

i'd like to see what Mosley has to say about it but i don't really see him making a comment.

either way i think the move by Roach has boxing fans a little suspicious. Team Pac says that Pac is clean because he never failed a drug test but neither did Mosley, that the Mayweathers have no proof when Roach has no proof Mosley is taking anything these days, and they said Mayweather doesn't make the rules and they'll only do standard athletic commission testing but want to go beyond standard testing. Olympic style testing or not they've contradicted themselves and to my knowledge Mosley is the only one getting the additional testing. i don't think all the details are out on it yet but it does make you wonder how legitimate the reason for Pac not fighting Mayweather is just testing.

personally, and i've been thinking this for a little while now, i think Arum wont be around much longer and knows Pac could be his last big money fighter. with Pac's love of politics a loss could really come in the way of his cash cow too. i'd take 30% of 30-40 million 2-3 times a year over a couple years then a huge payday for a Mayweather fight instead of just getting one big lump sum and worrying about what happens if your man loses.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 10 2011, 04:50 PM) *

i'm lead to believe that pacs team is on the up and up with what they do and say in your mind judging this comment.. again young fitzgerald i never said it was a solid source... my original post questions its validity... at the same time, while i do question rather or not it has merit, i cant dismiss it either... like i said those guys are in the know about insider info much more than we ever will unless we have very solid contacts on the inside or is somewhat on the inside ourselves... but to make another point to say you cant pick bits and pieces from what people say and come up with something half way solid as far as a real truth is like saying when bob arum speaks on negotiations for the fight we all obviously want to see we really shouldnt listen to him either then right?... bob has a big agenda as well... both sides involved have a big agenda on the issue.. lol...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 11 2011, 01:01 PM) *
i'm lead to believe that pacs team is on the up and up with what they do and say in your mind judging this comment.. again young fitzgerald i never said it was a solid source... my original post questions its validity... at the same time, while i do question rather or not it has merit, i cant dismiss it either... like i said those guys are in the know about insider info much more than we ever will unless we have very solid contacts on the inside or is somewhat on the inside ourselves... but to make another point to say you cant pick bits and pieces from what people say and come up with something half way solid as far as a real truth is like saying when bob arum speaks on negotiations for the fight we all obviously want to see we really shouldnt listen to him either then right?... bob has a big agenda as well... both sides involved have a big agenda on the issue.. lol...

The Mayweathers know NOTHING about Pac & his alledged steroid use. They are speculating unbless they have some magical insider in Pac's camp that is feeding them the gospel truth. They are slander merchants nothing more.

Trying to compare what Arum says in fight negotiations to what the Mayweathers speculate is ignorant of the fact that whilst they both have agendas Bob is actually in the middle of the negotiations whilst the Mayweathers are about as far outside Pac's inner circles as you can get.
Lil-lightsout
No wonder boxing has taken a back seat to MMA. All this money to be made and the biggest fight on paper to ever get made can not cause of all this ridiculous bullshit. Man I really hope Pac loses to Mosley so these two retards don't fight and lose out on the biggest payday of their careers. It's pathetic for these two "warriors" not to get in the damn ring to see who really is the best. And if Pac does stop and dominate Shane, man Mayweather definitely will never fight him. Just so sad.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 10 2011, 10:36 PM) *
The Mayweathers know NOTHING about Pac & his alledged steroid use. They are speculating unbless they have some magical insider in Pac's camp that is feeding them the gospel truth. They are slander merchants nothing more.

Trying to compare what Arum says in fight negotiations to what the Mayweathers speculate is ignorant of the fact that whilst they both have agendas Bob is actually in the middle of the negotiations whilst the Mayweathers are about as far outside Pac's inner circles as you can get.

its hard to except what you say on issues pertaining to mayweather(s) with all respect to you stev because of your admitted hatred towards them... lol... im lead to believe what you have to say is very bias based... lol..

As far as arum do you really believe what he says is worth believing as gospel truth?... lol... come on man...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 11 2011, 01:52 PM) *
its hard to except what you say on issues pertaining to mayweather(s) with all respect to you stev because of your admitted hatred towards them... lol... im lead to believe what you have to say is very bias based... lol..

As far as arum do you really believe what he says is worth believing as gospel truth?... lol... come on man...

i think there's a difference between what Arum is doing and what Roger Mayweather might be doing. Arum knows the truth but he refuses to tell it or just keeps certain details from you, Mayweather might not have any real details and he's adding shit to what he heard. i don't expect him to know all the details on the testing but i think he'll know a little bit, people are always gossiping and saying stuff behind other peoples back and if Roger knows someone involved with Pac or Mosley there's a chance he could get some good insight into the issue.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 11 2011, 03:08 PM) *
i think there's a difference between what Arum is doing and what Roger Mayweather might be doing. Arum knows the truth but he refuses to tell it or just keeps certain details from you, Mayweather might not have any real details and he's adding shit to what he heard. i don't expect him to know all the details on the testing but i think he'll know a little bit, people are always gossiping and saying stuff behind other peoples back and if Roger knows someone involved with Pac or Mosley there's a chance he could get some good insight into the issue.

Lets face it Gravy, Roger doesn't even know what his own nephew is doing half the time so how is he gonna know what Pac's up to?
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 11 2011, 04:27 PM) *
Lets face it Gravy, Roger doesn't even know what his own nephew is doing half the time so how is he gonna know what Pac's up to?

how do we know someone affiliated with Mosley didn't tell Roger about the testing clause Roach wanted? someone could do that simply because Roach contradicted himself and they don't see why Pac/Roach should be calling for additional testing when they've said the commission makes the rules and not the fighters.

it's not that i think Roger Mayweather is the wikileaks of boxing but someone like Roger Mayweather is going to know people in the industry and all it takes is one phone call, a confidential call, to let him know about something. it's not impossible that he would find out about it. personally i think he's assuming Roach wanted the same testing Floyd Jr wants off of Roach wanting more thorough testing for Mosley.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 12 2011, 05:52 AM) *

I know I hate the Mayweathers & make no secret of that.

The point I am making is when Arum makes public statements about fights he is negotiating he is at the centre of the info & the truth mixed with bullshit but he controls the info because he knows what is actually happening. When the Mayweather clan make slanderous remarks about Pac they have no truth to them as they are not insiders in Pac's camp so they are merely fishing without access to the inside info Bob does.

That is all I am saying on it. Bob is a liar but he knows the truth.
JLUVBABY
Let me say this again.... I questioned the validity in my original post on the matter... lol... im just playing devils advocate here...what helps this is the fact that pacs team certainly doesnt seem to want him near anything close to routine doping test... its fishy...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 12 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Let me say this again.... I questioned the validity in my original post on the matter... lol... im just playing devils advocate here...what helps this is the fact that pacs team certainly doesnt seem to want him near anything close to routine doping test... its fishy...

I know playing devils advocate is never easy in debates like this. Pac's team welcomes routine testing as laid out by the commission. They don't welcome rogue testing procedures that are not part of any governing bodies rules & regulations.

Team Pac has done nothing wrong & are abiding by the rules laid out. If people have such a issue they should campaign to have the testing procedures changed by the governing bodies.

I think rather than Pac doping he is enjoying getting team Mayweather into a lather over this & the more press he gets good & bad the more money he makes.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 11 2011, 07:20 PM) *
I know playing devils advocate is never easy in debates like this. Pac's team welcomes routine testing as laid out by the commission. They don't welcome rogue testing procedures that are not part of any governing bodies rules & regulations.

Team Pac has done nothing wrong & are abiding by the rules laid out. If people have such a issue they should campaign to have the testing procedures changed by the governing bodies.

I think rather than Pac doping he is enjoying getting team Mayweather into a lather over this & the more press he gets good & bad the more money he makes.

that's my problem with Roach wanting testing that goes beyond standard NSAC testing with Mosley and for Mosley only. they've been on record saying they'll only do standard testing and fighters don't make the rules. if that's the case how are they going impose something on a fighter?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 11 2011, 06:30 PM) *
how do we know someone affiliated with Mosley didn't tell Roger about the testing clause Roach wanted? someone could do that simply because Roach contradicted himself and they don't see why Pac/Roach should be calling for additional testing when they've said the commission makes the rules and not the fighters.

it's not that i think Roger Mayweather is the wikileaks of boxing but someone like Roger Mayweather is going to know people in the industry and all it takes is one phone call, a confidential call, to let him know about something. it's not impossible that he would find out about it. personally i think he's assuming Roach wanted the same testing Floyd Jr wants off of Roach wanting more thorough testing for Mosley.

Sorta like when Teddy Atlas, another boxing 'insider' claimed he knew someone that had seen an e-mail from Team Pac requesting any positive test Manny may return in his fight with Floyd be kept under wraps?

And where is that e-mail now? Surely that would've seen the light of day had it existed and I remember (and to be fair to you Gravy this I think was before you were on these boards) everyone jumping up and down and calling Pac digusting for requesting such a thing when they had never even seen the e-mail.

Once again we go through the same shit with all those Pac haters jumping up and down and calling Roach a hypocrite getting Mosley to test when there is (so far) no evidence what so ever, unless you count Money Rog's (Twit)ter account, that such a thing was requested.

I do agree with Steve, I think Roach may be milking it for all it's worth and enjoying watching the Mayweather clan get all heated up about it. Freddie must be sitting back and thinking they are such easy targets laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.