Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saul Alvarez-Matthew Hatton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
Alvarez has been really hyped up with people claiming he will be boxings next big star and on March 5th he takes on "Magic" Matthew Hatton for the vacant WBC light middleweight title. I happen to think Alvarez will beat the bitch out of Hatton but I'm still not sold on him as a potential P4P star and I hope, however impressive he might look against the "not so Magic" Matt, that fans don't jump all over this kids bollocks just yet. He's totally untested and I seriously doubt Hatton is of a high enough level to give him a test.
gravytrain
I think Alvarez is going to have a loss before he becomes a good fighter. Right now things are just going too good for him and GBP isn't really trying to put him in the ring with anyone special, once he really steps it up he's going to get frustrated and probably lose a clear decision.
blackbelt2003
I like how regular Alvarez is fighting. I hope that once he steps into world title level he doesn't reduce his fight output to just two fights a year like the others do, because once you do that, you stop learning and the kid is still young.

He should be trying to fit in plenty of non-title fights in between, or even fighting guys from the bottom end of the rankings in title defences in between the bona fide fights to keep learning.

Guys like Matthew Hatton are the right kind of level for him in the next two or three years. It's going to be hard finding kids like that and continually justifying them as world title challengers. Putting him in with a Pacquiao or Margarito so early will ruin him.

Black
Fitz
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Feb 11 2011, 06:24 AM) *
I like how regular Alvarez is fighting. I hope that once he steps into world title level he doesn't reduce his fight output to just two fights a year like the others do, because once you do that, you stop learning and the kid is still young.

He should be trying to fit in plenty of non-title fights in between, or even fighting guys from the bottom end of the rankings in title defences in between the bona fide fights to keep learning.

Guys like Matthew Hatton are the right kind of level for him in the next two or three years. It's going to be hard finding kids like that and continually justifying them as world title challengers. Putting him in with a Pacquiao or Margarito so early will ruin him.

Black

Nice post blackbelt. Agreed.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 10 2011, 12:41 PM) *
Alvarez has been really hyped up with people claiming he will be boxings next big star and on March 5th he takes on "Magic" Matthew Hatton for the vacant WBC light middleweight title. I happen to think Alvarez will beat the bitch out of Hatton but I'm still not sold on him as a potential P4P star and I hope, however impressive he might look against the "not so Magic" Matt, that fans don't jump all over this kids bollocks just yet. He's totally untested and I seriously doubt Hatton is of a high enough level to give him a test.

well really oscar will have no choice for a couple of reasons... number 1 with the way they are touting this kid they will have to make a fight vs someone that is a legit threat pretty soon... a cintron or someone of that nature (ive even heard a rumor of trout in his near future)... but they are pushing this kid pretty hard and fast and if he wins a belt people are going to want to see him fight some legit fighters... 2... the way fighters are leaving gbp... lol... pretty soon it looks like oscar may have to come out of retirement for another fight to help generate some cash flow for his company... gbp is starting to look like they are close to getting into trouble... just my opinion...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Feb 10 2011, 03:24 PM) *

Black

Spot-on Black this is exactly how he should be managed but I also agree with JLUV in that i don't think this is how he will be managed.
BigG
I think Alvarez at best, will be as good as or alittle better than Cotto.
Lil-lightsout
Hatton is going to get hammered by this angry redhead.
Mean Mister Mustard
Who knows how good he will be but GBPbetter develop him at the right pace. A good test, should he beat Hatton, would be a fight against Cosme Rivera or Andrey Tsurkan.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 11 2011, 12:57 AM) *
Hatton is going to get hammered by this angry redhead.

laugh.gif

Very good LL. I think the only thing worse than getting hammered by a angry redhead would be getting hammered by an angry Mexican redhead. They are a rare breed.

Maybe after the fight Ricky could jump into the ring and give him a menacing stare just like the Klit bro's and set-up a fight for later in the year where Saul can get the chance to smash another Hatton.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
No way Hatton has a chance. This is Golden Boy's future cash cow, and they want to make him a star. Oscar would shit his pants and have a heart attack if Hatton beats him. This is great matchmaking, since Hatton isn't that big a threat, but people will recognize the last name. The N'Dou fight was good matchmaking too, since N'Dou is past his best, but he's competed with some big names as well. Alvarez is simply working his way towards the title, and no way Hatton beats him (though id love to see it happen).
SENTRAL
Hatton has shown steady improvement of late but he is never going to be good enough to compete with the world class boxers and though Alvarez is not the finished product yet, he should be too cute for Hatton. No upset here guys.
and the NEW
On the odd occasion, a fight will come along that I think is an almost shoe in and despite terrible odds, I have to take a relatively large bet for the free money!

This is one of them for me! I don't think Hatton has a chance!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 12 2011, 10:12 AM) *
Hatton has shown steady improvement of late but he is never going to be good enough to compete with the world class boxers and though Alvarez is not the finished product yet, he should be too cute for Hatton. No upset here guys.

here is the question tho... is alverez too cute a fighter... forget the fight a few fights back but i watched hum get stunned pretty good... i dont know a thing about hatton but if he has any of his brother in him this may become a good fight...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 4 2011, 08:38 AM) *
Yeah JLUV, I'm thinking this could be more interesting than it appears to be on paper. IMO, Alvarez thinks too much in the ring right now. It is as if you can see his wheels turning. Often he second guesses himself. Hatton might push him just enough to let it go and fly. Up to now Saul reminds me of a bird on the edge of the nest testing his wings.

I agree. The thing that I like about Alvarez is that he's composed and has some good technique. Compared to other prospects though he doesn't have explosive power or fast hands so I think that's why some people aren't as high on him as they are with other prospects.
Maxy
Alvarez - 151.8lbs
Hatton - 149.6lbs

This fight was made at a catchweight of 150.....but the ginger mexican twat fails to make the weight..

I hope Hatton walks away. Yet another disgrace from Golden Boy.
JLUVBABY
Maxy... you have probably seen more of hatton than us... what do you think?... on that level i dont rule anyone out... i remember the fighter now that stunned alverez... it was jose cotto... a lightweight!!!! win or lose i think or at least hope mathew shows some heart in there and realizes a win here can get him out of the shadow of his brother...
Maxy
Personally I never gave Hatton a chance. I think he's limited and is basically a good fight for Alvarez. However, if they force Saul to make 150 in such a short time he could be weakened....although I'd still pick him to win this fight by stoppage sometime around the 8th...6th if he's strong at the weight.
JLUVBABY
all i need to know... lol...
salvador
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 4 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Alvarez - 151.8lbs
Hatton - 149.6lbs

This fight was made at a catchweight of 150.....but the ginger mexican twat fails to make the weight..

I hope Hatton walks away. Yet another disgrace from Golden Boy.

Alvarez was fined $70K - only half of which went to Hatton with the rest going to the california state athletic commission. What bullshit! If anything, Hatton should get it all for agreeing to fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alvarez-lo...e-weight--36624
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 5 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Alvarez was fined $70K - only half of which went to Hatton with the rest going to the california state athletic commission. What bullshit! If anything, Hatton should get it all for agreeing to fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alvarez-lo...e-weight--36624

It is this kind of feces that damages the sport. So now I'm supposed to be upset that a dude fighting for a 154 belt failed to make a catch weight of 150? No thanks. I do think that Hatton should get all 70 gs but what makes me ill is the catch weight bullshit to begin with. What the fuck are these two doing meeting for a belt in the 1st place, much less a 154 belt at a 150 catch weight?

Just flat out bullshit.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 5 2011, 03:55 PM) *
It is this kind of feces that damages the sport. So now I'm supposed to be upset that a dude fighting for a 154 belt failed to make a catch weight of 150? No thanks. I do think that Hatton should get all 70 gs but what makes me ill is the catch weight bullshit to begin with. What the fuck are these two doing meeting for a belt in the 1st place, much less a 154 belt at a 150 catch weight?

Just flat out bullshit.

real talk i talked shit about pac for winning a belt this way and i feel the same for canelo... that is absolute bull shit... i hope hatton clips his ass and knocks him out... anbd yes hatton deserves the full 70k... this is bs and i hope gbp is not the promoter of the future...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
However, since he came in overweight, does that mean Alvarez can't get the belt? Typically, when a fighter comes in overweight for a championship fight, the fighter who came in overweight is not elgible for the belt. I know I've seen this happen on numerous occasions.

I agree with the comments about catchweight fights. I can't believe Oscar and Suliman can defend this being for the title, when they can't even come in at the right weight. I heard Oscar make the argument about the opponent, Matthew Hatton, but I haven't heard a peep about the catchweight. Is what it is I guess. Wonder if Oscar will come back this summer and fight Canelo lol.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 5 2011, 01:59 PM) *
real talk i talked shit about pac for winning a belt this way and i feel the same for canelo... that is absolute bull shit... i hope hatton clips his ass and knocks him out... anbd yes hatton deserves the full 70k... this is bs and i hope gbp is not the promoter of the future...

Why not just do away with weight classes all together and let anybody fight anybody at any weight and every victor gets a worthless belt? I'm with you JLUV, Hatton by brutal fucking Donairian Twitch Factor KO.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 5 2011, 02:04 PM) *
However, since he came in overweight, does that mean Alvarez can't get the belt? Typically, when a fighter comes in overweight for a championship fight, the fighter who came in overweight is not elgible for the belt. I know I've seen this happen on numerous occasions.

I agree with the comments about catchweight fights. I can't believe Oscar and Suliman can defend this being for the title, when they can't even come in at the right weight. I heard Oscar make the argument about the opponent, Matthew Hatton, but I haven't heard a peep about the catchweight. Is what it is I guess. Wonder if Oscar will come back this summer and fight Canelo lol.

I heard that it will be a 3 man round robin tourney including JCC jr. cool.gif
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 5 2011, 05:55 PM) *

Just flat out bullshit.

It is bullshit and there is no defending this kinda crap. None whatsoever. Firstly Hatton is handpicked....secondly a fake, non existent weight division is created, and thirdly a governing body sanction the fight for a title even though neither combatant is permitted to weigh the correct and proper weight for said title. Then, to make matters worse, one of the fighters actually comes in over weight...but well under the specified weight limit for the actual title....so he has to pay a fine....oh mate....I'm beginning to get confused now....hahaha.

End of the day...Alvarez should win this comfortably....however...he is never going to be a proper elite fighter IMO. The title he wins...well fuck that, it's total bollocks, fake, crap, whatever...
Snoop
Alvarez didn't make the weight? WTF was the point of the catchweight anyway? Under this circumstance, wasn't it meant to be an advantage for Hatton? Why didn't they just keep it at 154 since the whole thing seems to be a way for Alvarez to pick up a strap? Fucking stupid.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 5 2011, 05:05 PM) *
Why not just do away with weight classes all together and let anybody fight anybody at any weight and every victor gets a worthless belt? I'm with you JLUV, Hatton by brutal fucking Donairian Twitch Factor KO.

I wonder who will get the first Super Diamond Interim Emeritus title
Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 6 2011, 03:06 AM) *
I wonder who will get the first Super Diamond Interim Emeritus title

Probably the former Super Intercontinental Silver belt holder.
Byrd Man
I'm hoping Hatton shocks the world with this, because it would just be another kick in the nuts to Golden Boy who have been so desperate to come up with a new Golden Boy to take Oscar's place.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 5 2011, 09:43 PM) *
Probably the former Super Intercontinental Silver belt holder.

i'm laughing at it now but unfortunately it's possible to see shit like this one day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.