Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strikeforce
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Warlord
Not doing a RBR, but will post from time to time to give my thoughts about what's going on. Anyone else watching this? Alistair Overeem's shitty brother is up next, taking on K-1 fighter Ray Sefo.
Warlord
So Overeem taps Sefo out with a neck crank.
Warlord
Lot of guys going for front kicks tonight, lol.
Warlord
Kharitonov FINISHES Arlovski. Wow. Arlovski just doesn't have a chin anymore. He hasn't been the same since Fedor ripped his soul out.
JLUVBABY
Arvloski needs to retire... that was a scary ko right there... 4 ko losses in a row and each time he is getting his brain rattled and eack ko is worse and worse... he has no more chin... dude is done...
Warlord
Goddman close first round. Fedor needs to stop swinging for the goddamn fences and start using his superior technique. He ate some nasty shit from Silva in that round. A few shootouts in that round, I don't wanna see that.

Fedor needs to relax.
Warlord
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 13 2011, 12:44 AM) *
Goddman close first round. Fedor needs to stop swinging for the goddamn fences and start using his superior technique. He ate some nasty shit from Silva in that round. A few shootouts in that round, I don't wanna see that.

Fedor needs to relax.

Fedor in danger of getting choked out here, but he escapes. Whew. Fuck.
Warlord
Silva may be gassed.
Warlord
Fuck. That may have been a 10-8 round there. Fedor needs to fucking get his head in the game. He can't give up another takedown. Silva's too fucking big.
Warlord
Aww goddamn the doctor stopped the fight because Fedor's eye was closed. Bullshit.
Warlord
Horse shit.
Warlord
Bullshit.
Warlord
Fans booing the decision to stop the fight.
Warlord
Two of the judges gave Fedor the first, one gave it to Silva.

The second obviously went to Silva, one of them a 10-8 score.
Warlord
Fedor says he felt wrong from the beginning, and maybe it is time to retire.
BigG
Well it sounds like Fedor's got two rematches in line now...
Warlord
Fedor thanks God, and thanks the fan for their love and support.

Respect to Fedor, the greatest heavyweight in MMA history. Ride off into the sunset, my man, and enjoy your life. You don't owe anyone a damn thing, and you have nothing left to prove.
Mean Mister Mustard
He was swinging as if he was looking for a quick knockout. Like I said in the preview thread, I don't think he has it in him anymore.
Warlord
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 13 2011, 01:02 AM) *
He was swinging as if he was looking for a quick knockout.

Agree with that 100%. He got spoiled with those quick finishes over the last few years. He obviously wanted this one over quickly, but Silva wasn't going to lay down. Look at his chin, for Christ's sake. The man has got to be able to take a punch.

Doesn't matter though. Fedor is by the far the best heavyweight in MMA history, and it will take alot for anyone to overtake that position historically.
JLUVBABY
fedors has been showing signs of decline since the arvloski fight... imo... i think these over sized heavies are gonna be too big for fedor... i dont know if he can get to 205 but if he cant he may as well call it a day..
kidbazooka1
HAhahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah Fedor just got f*cked up AGAIN.

Greater than Anderson Silva NO F*KING WAY sh*t he may not even be greater than GSP.

Man this has been a beautiful month for me first Anderson destroys Belfort in sniper like fashion with a move only he can pull off and then Fedor gets raped by Bigfoot.

Nah in all seriousness thought Fedor came out like he always does just swinging for the fences he set nothing up and came out very predictable. I think Silva was ready for that and came prepared with a good strategy.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 13 2011, 12:44 AM) *

Fedor needs to relax.

War sorry to say but Fedor was never the most technical striker around.

Fedor was always much too crude for my likeing
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 13 2011, 03:17 AM) *
War sorry to say but Fedor was never the most technical striker around.

Fedor was always much too crude for my likeing

I didn't mean superior punching technique, I meant superior fighting technique. Fedor in his prime was a machine that would take fighters down and maul them to death on the ground, pounding them out or submitting them in due course. All sizes and shapes. It didn't matter.

Fedor today just swings for the fences. He sets nothing up at all. Just swings like a gorilla. Period.

But make no mistake. In his prime he was the greatest fighter that ever fought in MMA.
TheFonz
Arlovski hasn't had a good chin since his losing the first time to Tim Silvia. I'm not surprised at all by the outcome with this fight.

Not really surprised with the outcome in the Fedor fight. Shit, Fedor barely got by the very crude Brett Rogers.
AussieLad
The commentators were saying Big Foot would have been around 285 by fight night. The guys fedor have been fighting are enormous. He could easily make light heavy, if he dropped the jiggle.

Lets see how Silva does when he's fighting a guy with probably a 60 pound weight advantage and as big a height and reach advantage as Silva enjoyed tonight. My guess is he stinks up the joint circling for 3 rounds

But i agree. Fedor was too willing to get hit in the exchanges, and he couldnt get out from under the giant that was laying on him. It was the same with the Werdum fight, you could see that sub coming from a mile away and he didnt even try to get out of it. Certainly not the fedor of old. Time to hang em up

As for Arlovski, someone should save him from himself before he gets brain damaged
kidbazooka1
Arlovski has been done for a while now he had all the telent in the world but his chin just couldn't take it.

I really hope he decides to hang em' up.
The CEO
The true end AND beginning of an era...STRIKEFORCE has OFFICIALLY taken over as THE BEST organisation to watch in MMA with this Grand Prix...credit to the underrated Big Foot for his world beater performance...this tourney is WIDE OPEN.

P.S.~ I like that you put this in the UFC section, Warlord (because it shows up on The Front Page)...people need to know about SF.
JD
And the best news of all...you don't have to spend $55 a pop to watch it.
lloyd mayflower
Wish someone would start showing strikeforce over here. Would be good for it to get a little bigger. Give Dana White something to think about.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Fedor all time, is much better than anderson silva. Right now tho, he isnt. Age and inactivity have caught up with him. Like all great fighters, he finally declined. Saying Anderson silva is the greatest ever is equal to saying rocky marciano is the greatest ever. Thing is, Marciano is dead, and Silva has time to build on his above average resume.
JonnyBlaze
I didn't see the fight but I was telling you guys about Big Foot years ago when he only had a few fights..He was the only guy I had interest in watching in MMA..Now I see he whooped Fedor who was supposed to be unstoppable and what can I tell ya other than I TOLD YA SO..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Feb 14 2011, 02:02 PM) *
Fedor all time, is much better than anderson silva. Right now tho, he isnt. Age and inactivity have caught up with him. Like all great fighters, he finally declined. Saying Anderson silva is the greatest ever is equal to saying rocky marciano is the greatest ever. Thing is, Marciano is dead, and Silva has time to build on his above average resume.

You got it backwards buddy.

Fedor is more like Marciano both great in there own right but very crude-like fighters with very little skills and technique but lots of balls.

Anderson on the other hand is the more skillfull and graceful guy with great foot and head movement ala Ali or Robinson and can take you out with a single shot.

Fedor like Marciano had the nice record well atleast up unitl recently for Fedor but were very raw fighters.
TheFonz
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 15 2011, 02:57 AM) *
You got it backwards buddy.

Fedor is more like Marciano both great in there own right but very crude-like fighters with very little skills and technique but lots of balls.

Anderson on the other hand is the more skillfull and graceful guy with great foot and head movement ala Ali or Robinson and can take you out with a single shot.

Fedor like Marciano had the nice record well atleast up unitl recently for Fedor but were very raw fighters.

Dude, I know Anderson is your boy and you can certainly make a case for him but you cannot shit on Fedor's accomplishments in his prime. He was king of the hill when Prime had the most stacked heavyweight division in MMA history.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Feb 15 2011, 10:29 AM) *
Dude, I know Anderson is your boy and you can certainly make a case for him but you cannot shit on Fedor's accomplishments in his prime. He was king of the hill when Prime had the most stacked heavyweight division in MMA history.

Im not sh*tting on Fedor i said he was a great fighter didn't I. Im just not as big a fan of his as most ppl.

I've always admired Anderson's fighting style ever since his Pride days when he wasn't quite yet the fighter he is today. I remember telling ppl when he was gonna fight Leben that this guy from Pride(Silva) is gonna show you what Pride is all about.

Im a Silva fan win or lose i'll stick by the guy and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that imagine how boring this place would be if we all agreed on everything.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 15 2011, 01:21 PM) *
Im not sh*tting on Fedor i said he was a great fighter didn't I. Im just not as big a fan of his as most ppl.

I've always admired Anderson's fighting style ever since his Pride days when he wasn't quite yet the fighter he is today. I remember telling ppl when he was gonna fight Leben that this guy from Pride(Silva) is gonna show you what Pride is all about.

Im a Silva fan win or lose i'll stick by the guy and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that imagine how boring this place would be if we all agreed on everything.

And im not a hater of Silva but lets be honest. Since coming into the ufc, he has fought in the weakest division on the sport. IM not saying its his fault but come on. Rich franklin, and Belfort????? And forrest griffen is a good solid fighter, but not an A class fighter. Yes Silva has great skills, but sonnen made him look like an novice, and if not for a move sonnen has been caught in over and over again by lesser fighters. The headline would have read Silva completely taken apart by sonnen.

Im all for being a fan of a fighter. but lets keep things in perspective and be honest.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Feb 15 2011, 01:58 PM) *
And im not a hater of Silva but lets be honest. Since coming into the ufc, he has fought in the weakest division on the sport. IM not saying its his fault but come on. Rich franklin, and Belfort????? And forrest griffen is a good solid fighter, but not an A class fighter. Yes Silva has great skills, but sonnen made him look like an novice, and if not for a move sonnen has been caught in over and over again by lesser fighters. The headline would have read Silva completely taken apart by sonnen.

Im all for being a fan of a fighter. but lets keep things in perspective and be honest.

Yes lets keep it in perspective.

Franklin was thought to be one of the best MW in the world when Anderson whooped him. Hendo was the MW Pride Champ and had just taken out Wanderlie brutaly when Anderson whooped him easly. Griffin though im not a huge fan of his either was the bigger guy a former LHW champ who had beaten Shogun of all ppl and Rampage for the belt yet Anderson made him look like a novice. Marquadt wasa legit threat many ppl thought he was gonna give Anderson trouble we all know what happened there.

We can go back n forth all da.y I know folks are hurting here cause Fedor got owned two times in a row to not so good comp but hey thats what happens when you come in to every fight just swinging like a club fighter and not setting your sh*t up. I recommend Fedor go train with Anderson he might be able to pick up a thing or two. LOL

As for Sonnen so what he came close to winning against an injured Silva but close don't cut my friend at the end Silva subbed him and got the win thats somthing Fedor couldn't do against Werdum(a UFC reject) and Bigfoot.

Warlord
Is there, or has there ever been, a heavyweight fighter on the planet earth that you would pick over Fedor, prime for prime? If you say yes, explain yourself.

Is there, or has there ever been, a middleweight fighter that you would pick over Anderson Silva, prime for prime? If you say no, explain yourself. Because I rank Kazushi Sakuraba over Anderson Silva all-time, and I think he would've beaten Silva had they ever fought, both being at their peaks.

Anderson Silva is a mentally weak fighter, and Sakuraba would've toyed with him before slapping an arm-bar or knee-bar on his lame ass.

Look how fast his ugly ass tapped out there to Ryo Chonan's flying scissor heel hook. Or go watch him get subbed by fucking Daiju Takase. I'd rather be Fedor getting losses at the tail end of my career by fighters who outweigh me by nearly 50 pounds, than Anderson Silva getting subbed in his physical prime by smaller, D- fighters.

Plus Anderson's just ugly as shit. Him and Bigfoot Silva look like they fell out of the tallest ugly tree in the world together, and hit every branch on the way down. And then they climbed back up and fell down again.
Mean Mister Mustard
Bazooka's forgetting Fedor submitted a bunch of fighters back in the day.

I think Fedor doesn't have the heart for it anymore. His comments before and after the Bigfoot fight, coupled with the lack of patience he showed during the fight, indicates it.

I doubt he loses to these guys if it were 2002 or 2003. If Nogueira couldn't submit him in 2 fights, then I doubt Werdum could. Also, back in 03, Fedor was faster and would have caught Bigfoot's big ass jaw, dropped him and then proceed to stomp stomp him until the fight would be stopped.
AussieLad
The difference between the 2 is that fedor comes to fight and finish his opponent. I cant get over Silvas disgraceful performances against Maia and the like. All time worst performances that i can recall for an elite fighter against an overmatched opponent. People should have been pelting him with beer bottles as he left the arena. It made floyd jr vs baldomir look entertaining by comparison.
Warlord
Agree with Mustard and Aussielad. And Run and Gun for that matter. All you guys made excellent points.

As for Fedor not having the heart for it anymore, that is pretty apparent. I remember in Pride him saying he didn't enjoy fighting, that it was just a job. I can't imagine how he must feel about it now.

I just hate it now that he's obviously on the downside, noobs want to act like he was an over-rated bum. Why are fight fans always like that? You're a world beater when you win, and an over-rated bum when you lose. Why can't we just accept that a great fighter has come to the end of his road? Why do we have to shit all over him as he's headed out the door?

Give any professional their due. Especially a man like Fedor. One of the classiest, humblest, most soft-spoken men to participate in this young sport.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 16 2011, 01:11 AM) *
Yes lets keep it in perspective.

Franklin was thought to be one of the best MW in the world when Anderson whooped him. Hendo was the MW Pride Champ and had just taken out Wanderlie brutaly when Anderson whooped him easly. Griffin though im not a huge fan of his either was the bigger guy a former LHW champ who had beaten Shogun of all ppl and Rampage for the belt yet Anderson made him look like a novice. Marquadt wasa legit threat many ppl thought he was gonna give Anderson trouble we all know what happened there.

We can go back n forth all da.y I know folks are hurting here cause Fedor got owned two times in a row to not so good comp but hey thats what happens when you come in to every fight just swinging like a club fighter and not setting your sh*t up. I recommend Fedor go train with Anderson he might be able to pick up a thing or two. LOL

As for Sonnen so what he came close to winning against an injured Silva but close don't cut my friend at the end Silva subbed him and got the win thats somthing Fedor couldn't do against Werdum(a UFC reject) and Bigfoot.

I love how you threw in the injured silva part, lol like any fighter goes into the ring 100% after training camp. Hendo was Andersons best win ever. And you cant use the forrest griffen beat shogun and rampage argument, im sorry but you cant. Styles make fights, and look how many times wanderlie beat rampage, and that was in rampages prime Not this old lazy version. As for franklin, time proved him to be a b class fighter, and marquart a b- or c class fighter. Their careers and time has proven the type of fighter they are, you cant go by (what they were thought of as). That was promoted by the same hype machine that builds up anderson now.

As I said, he has an above average resume, and is on a long winning streak over a very average division.

the greatest of all time????? Not yet he isnt, but the man has the chance to get there, but he has much more to prove
The CEO
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 15 2011, 10:21 AM) *

Good answer, bazooka...BUUUT

That's the way it is...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 16 2011, 12:47 AM) *
Is there, or has there ever been, a heavyweight fighter on the planet earth that you would pick over Fedor, prime for prime? If you say yes, explain yourself.

Is there, or has there ever been, a middleweight fighter that you would pick over Anderson Silva, prime for prime? If you say no, explain yourself. Because I rank Kazushi Sakuraba over Anderson Silva all-time, and I think he would've beaten Silva had they ever fought, both being at their peaks.

Anderson Silva is a mentally weak fighter, and Sakuraba would've toyed with him before slapping an arm-bar or knee-bar on his lame ass.

Look how fast his ugly ass tapped out there to Ryo Chonan's flying scissor heel hook. Or go watch him get subbed by fucking Daiju Takase. I'd rather be Fedor getting losses at the tail end of my career by fighters who outweigh me by nearly 50 pounds, than Anderson Silva getting subbed in his physical prime by smaller, D- fighters.

Plus Anderson's just ugly as shit. Him and Bigfoot Silva look like they fell out of the tallest ugly tree in the world together, and hit every branch on the way down. And then they climbed back up and fell down again.

I love how some of you still bring up losses from over 5 yrs ago when Silva was obviously not the same fighter he is today kinda like how you guys are now makeing excuses for Fedor not being the same today.

As for a HW i would have picked over Fedor i don't know i've always thought the HW division was sh*t kinda like today yeah you had guys like Big Nog and Cro Cop but thats it Crop had no ground game at the time but i give him the big NOG win that was a good one. But lets also not forget Fujita had Fedor on queeer street f*cking no stand up Fujita who couldn't throw a straight punch if his life depended on it.

War you seem to have some kinda of secret crush on Anderson or some sh*t cause you keep saying how ugly he is i don't wanna get into judgeing mens looks thats not how i roll but you seem to be pretty obssesed with that.

Sak beating Anderson get the f*Ck out of here Anderson would have sent his ass to the morgue or done him like Wand did him back in the first fight.

And yes Silva might have tapped to Chonnan but he didn't tap nearly as fast as Fedor did to Werdum Lol. I tell you saturday night was a beautiful night for me i actually hope Fedor doesn't hang em' up so i can keep seeing him get his face rearranged.
AussieLad
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 16 2011, 02:36 PM) *
Good answer, bazooka...BUUUT

That's the way it is...

lmao
TheFonz
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 16 2011, 10:20 AM) *
I love how some of you still bring up losses from over 5 yrs ago when Silva was obviously not the same fighter he is today kinda like how you guys are now makeing excuses for Fedor not being the same today.

As for a HW i would have picked over Fedor i don't know i've always thought the HW division was sh*t kinda like today yeah you had guys like Big Nog and Cro Cop but thats it Crop had no ground game at the time but i give him the big NOG win that was a good one. But lets also not forget Fujita had Fedor on queeer street f*cking no stand up Fujita who couldn't throw a straight punch if his life depended on it.

War you seem to have some kinda of secret crush on Anderson or some sh*t cause you keep saying how ugly he is i don't wanna get into judgeing mens looks thats not how i roll but you seem to be pretty obssesed with that.

Sak beating Anderson get the f*Ck out of here Anderson would have sent his ass to the morgue or done him like Wand did him back in the first fight.

And yes Silva might have tapped to Chonnan but he didn't tap nearly as fast as Fedor did to Werdum Lol. I tell you saturday night was a beautiful night for me i actually hope Fedor doesn't hang em' up so i can keep seeing him get his face rearranged.

You are making me hate Anderson Silva, when I actually liked him as fighter before you started with this nonsense. You're like a PacManiac.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Feb 16 2011, 08:20 PM) *
You are making me hate Anderson Silva, when I actually liked him as fighter before you started with this nonsense. You're like a PacManiac.

What am i saying that is makeing you hate him thats he's the GOAT? If so im not the only one saying that now in the days.

But likewise i guess my hate for Fedor grew cause of fans like the ones here worshiping a fat, balding pedophile looking fighter with very little technique in his fight game.

Im just glad he got his ass handed to him twice in a row so now i don't have to hear ppl's BS.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 16 2011, 10:20 AM) *

The heavyweight division Fedor fought in during his prime is light years beyond the middleweight division Anderson has fought in. Period. Fedor has a better winning streak over better competition.

As for Fedor getting rocked by Fujita, so what? Anderson got rocked by Chael fucking Sonnen. Shit fucking happens. You know better than that, Bazooka.

I'm sorry. The dude's just ugly.

Wanderlei beat Saku because he was so much bigger, and so much stronger. Anderson and Saku would've been fighting at about the same weight. Anderson's lanky ass would've never been able to over-power Saku, which is what it took to wipe out a prime Sakuraba. The bottom line is Anderson could never have dealt with Saku's unorthodox style.

And yes Silva might have tapped to Chonnan but he didn't tap nearly as fast as Fedor did to Werdum Lol.

Are you kidding? Anderson tapped in approximately 1.5 seconds. Seriously. Literally. Look at the gif for crying out loud. Fedor was thrashing around in that triangle for 30-40 seconds. At least. Again, you know better than that Bazooka.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 16 2011, 08:35 PM) *
What am i saying that is makeing you hate him thats he's the GOAT? If so im not the only one saying that now in the days.

But likewise i guess my hate for Fedor grew cause of fans like the ones here worshiping a fat, balding pedophile looking fighter with very little technique in his fight game.

Im just glad he got his ass handed to him twice in a row so now i don't have to hear ppl's BS.

Come on, Bazooka. Fedor may not have the best stand-up in the world, but his ground and pound may be the best ever. There's no need for you to be saying junk like that.
kidbazooka1
War i just can't see a scenario where Sak would beat Anderson.

First of all Sak would get hurt badly standing up and he wasn't the best wrestlers either he may score a TD or two but like Anderson has shown the ground is not his weakness and i don't know how long Sak would be able keep him down if he did.

Bottom line is prime for prime Silva would beat Sak brutally ala the other Silva. I don't know too many people that won't agree with that.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 17 2011, 01:06 AM) *
As for Fedor getting rocked by Fujita, so what? Anderson got rocked by Chael fucking Sonnen. Shit fucking happens. You know better than that, Bazooka.

Exactly sh*t happens just like the Chonan sub.

Silva was clearly not the fighter then that he is today anyone saying otherwise is full of sh*t. Those losses to me where like Pacqiuao's early losses. The Anderson of today would kill Chonan and Takase with ease.

C'mon War Silva can't be uglier than Fedor though. LOL

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.