Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arum says Marquez could be next on Manny's radar
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Fitz
http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-marquez-le...iao-next--35928

By Rick Reeno

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum advised BoxingScene.com that WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez (52-5-1, 38KOs) would be a leading candidate to fight Manny Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38KOs) in the fall for the WBO welterweight title. Pacquiao is scheduled to defend his belt against Shane Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

If Pacquiao beats Mosley, Arum's first goal is to finalize a deal with Floyd Mayweather Jr. If Mayweather is unavailable, or a deal can't be reached, then Arum would focus on a Marquez trilogy. Pacquiao and Marquez fought to a controversial twelve round draw in 2004, and then Pacquiao won a controversial twelve round split decision over Marquez in their 2008 rematch.

The recent headlines certainly help Marquez's cause. According to reports in Mexico, and elsewhere, Marquez is looking to become a free agent once his contract expires with Top Rank's promotional rival, Golden Boy Promotions. The contract reportedly expires at the end of this month.

It's not clear if Mosley, who recently left Golden Boy to secure a Pacquiao deal, inspired the move by Marquez. The ongoing cold war between Golden Boy and Top Rank has certainly prevented their respective boxers from facing each other since mid-2009.

"Marquez would be one of the leading candidates, if not the leading candidate, to fight Pacquiao if he beats Mosley," Arum said to BoxingScene.com.
Fitz
Probably why Marquez didn't take the Morales fight. Didn't want a contract extension, and has more chance landing the Pacquiao fight as a free agent.
Maxy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 14 2011, 06:05 PM) *
Probably why Marquez didn't take the Morales fight. Didn't want a contract extension, and has more chance landing the Pacquiao fight as a free agent.

I thought Arum also stated that Pacquiao-Mayweather was a priority for November? OK, so assuming Mayweather dicks out again we''ll have to see Marquez-Pac part three. Right. OK, I'm tired off this shit now.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 14 2011, 04:08 PM) *
I thought Arum also stated that Pacquiao-Mayweather was a priority for November? OK, so assuming Mayweather dicks out again we''ll have to see Marquez-Pac part three. Right. OK, I'm tired off this shit now.

agreed... they are gonna fight at 147 and it wont be a fight...
D-MARV
There is now way anyone should shit on Pacquiao-Marquez.

If Mayweather doesn't step up, Marquez is the next best fight out there.
Fitz
Not at 147 it isn't.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 14 2011, 06:31 PM) *

Nothing but Money's leftovers...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 14 2011, 05:31 PM) *

not at 147... mayweather has been talked about for fighting marquez but he's a good solid opponent for pac?.. i beg to differ... pac has better opposition at 147... there is berto... victor ortiz is going to be campaigning as a welterweight... there is callazo out there that would be a solid fight... but one thing i know is at 147 marquez is not a competitive fight for pac... two small, he loses speed and just isnt effective...
D-MARV
Marquez weighed in at 144 against Katsidas. I don't think a 144 pound Marquez Vs a 147 pound Pacquiao is bad at all.

If you want to say that Marquez is slowing down then fine, But weight is not an excuse.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 14 2011, 07:35 PM) *
Marquez weighed in at 144 against Katsidas. I don't think a 144 pound Marquez Vs a 147 pound Pacquiao is bad at all.

If you want to say that Marquez is slowing down then fine, But weight is not an excuse.

let me ask you this... was marquez an exceptable opponent for mayweather?... this question is for others too...
JLUVBABY
marquez has even less of a chance than mosley...
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 14 2011, 05:08 PM) *

at this point i don't think we'll see them fight.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 14 2011, 08:35 PM) *

Ain't doing nothing but riding Money May's coat tails...
SENTRAL
Pac-Marq III at 147 is not a good look.
JLUVBABY
in this interview.... out of pacs own mouth he says 154 is the highest he can go before he has a problem with the weight.... why does freddie roach insist on 150 lbs for martinez?... lol... martinez has stated 154 and they can make a fight... manny says 154's his limit... who's running his show?

JLUVBABY
I like his do by the way... i know many people have talked about his hair but i dig it... has that retro look... lol...
salvador
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 14 2011, 06:31 PM) *

By the time they fought, JMM would be 38. Not to mention that he has absolutely no business fighting at 147. It would be a blowout.

I'd much rather see Pac fight Berto if he's not going to fight Floyd.
salvador
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 14 2011, 09:46 PM) *
Ain't doing nothing but riding Money May's coat tails...

And making more money than Floyd along the way.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 14 2011, 07:35 PM) *

and its more than weight marv... can you really look at this fight and see a competitive fight taking place?... since they last fought... pac has vastly improved and marquez has taken some beatings even in winning... too many wars...marquez has a hungry robert guerero calling him out at his weight division... that should be what he does... i like marquez but if pac fights the guy its a waste of a fight night... in my opinion... but hey if the fight is made i hope marquez proves me wrong...
Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 15 2011, 12:35 PM) *

I know it sounds clever and logical when you put it like that about the weight. But if it was that easy, then any 130-135 fighter could fight Pacquiao at 147 after all, they would probably all be in the 140-147 range come fight night.

But what about Oscar De La Hoya? He weighed in at the past at 165 on fight night. I suppose DLH could have had good fights with super middle weights at the same weight, and Oscar would have been just as effective.
Cotto weighed as well weighed close to 160 on fight night, I suppose he could make a decent middle weight as well.

It doesn't work like that. I know when you compare ring weights, it makes tends to make sense, but it isn't that easy. Didn't Gatti have a ring weight of close to a middle weight when he fought Gamache? Gatti could have fought at jr middle or middle I suppose? Look, Morales at 130 would come in at close to 140 as well. Though he has never looked good above 135. But the perfect one was DLH, who would weigh in at 165 on fight night as a jr middle, yet he always looked pretty shit at 160 despite him having a higher ring weight than that in the past.
I know it sounds logical, but I personally think it's more to that rather than just looking at the final numbers. That logic doesn't work for a lot of fighters I just mentioned. I just don't think it's that simple.
STEVENSKI
I'm just curious as to all the people who were saying Pac is ducking JMM (How you duck someone by fighting them twice is beyond me) & now there is a potential fight everyone is up in arms about a mismatch. Fuck if he wants to fight pac then he fights at the weight Pac fights at.

I don't think there needs to be a third fight but a lot of folk do & when talk of the third fight is being made then it becomes a bad idea.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 15 2011, 05:38 AM) *
I know it sounds clever and logical when you put it like that about the weight. But if it was that easy, then any 130-135 fighter could fight Pacquiao at 147 after all, they would probably all be in the 140-147 range come fight night.

But what about Oscar De La Hoya? He weighed in at the past at 165 on fight night. I suppose DLH could have had good fights with super middle weights at the same weight, and Oscar would have been just as effective.
Cotto weighed as well weighed close to 160 on fight night, I suppose he could make a decent middle weight as well.

It doesn't work like that. I know when you compare ring weights, it makes tends to make sense, but it isn't that easy. Didn't Gatti have a ring weight of close to a middle weight when he fought Gamache? Gatti could have fought at jr middle or middle I suppose? Look, Morales at 130 would come in at close to 140 as well. Though he has never looked good above 135. But the perfect one was DLH, who would weigh in at 165 on fight night as a jr middle, yet he always looked pretty shit at 160 despite him having a higher ring weight than that in the past.
I know it sounds logical, but I personally think it's more to that rather than just looking at the final numbers. That logic doesn't work for a lot of fighters I just mentioned. I just don't think it's that simple.

When both fighters are around the same weight on fight night then I don't see a huge difference.

And Spyder, you keep making these little cute side comments about Floyd when this has NOTHING to do with Floyd. Besides... Floyd is rumored to have weighed around 160lbs when he fought Marquez. That is what I consider a size advantage.

Fitz, you're right about guys like Cotto coming in at 160 on fight night but if they were fighting at middleweight then chances are those middleweights would be closer to 175 on fight night.

I 100% agree with Stevenski. Pac caught heat for picking Mosley over Marquez and now that this fight is being mentioned, people want to shit on it... Pacquiao is the man of the division right now and this fight ONLY makes sense at 147. That is where Pacquiao has been for over a year now. If Marquez wants the fight then he needs to move up to 147.

D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 14 2011, 08:55 PM) *
let me ask you this... was marquez an exceptable opponent for mayweather?... this question is for others too...

Mayweather weighed close to 160 on fight night. So he had a huge size advantage. Pacquiao would be around 148 so the size advantage wouldn't be so drastic.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 15 2011, 02:13 PM) *
Mayweather weighed close to 160 on fight night. So he had a huge size advantage. Pacquiao would be around 148 so the size advantage wouldn't be so drastic.

But when Pac gets in the ring at 148 is that cos thats all he can physically put on, or is it a conscious effort to retain his blistering speed?

What I'm getting at is that after seeing JMM's last display at 147, if Pac is able to pile on more weight then JMM at 147 is the time to do it. Give himself a bigger size advantage against an opponent who looked pretty soft and sluggish at the weight anyway.
Big Slim Sweet
There is no way Pac fights below 147 again. He went up and pretty much cleaned out the division, however folks feel about some of those fights. If anyone feels like there is unfinished business between him and Marquez - and a lot of people do - 147 is where it will be settled.

And I'm not willing to say just yet that Marquez can't compete with Pac at 147. It might be that their styles will always make for a nip and tuck battle.

Marquez has been totally written off by a lot of folks as being useless anywhere north of lightweight, but it's all based on one fight with Mayweather, who might be the best fighter of the last 20 years. Maybe Floyd really is THAT much better than both these guys? It's not like Manny is choosing to fight Marquez over Mayweather. For whatever reason Floyd's not fighting.
Spyder
QUOTE (salvador @ Feb 15 2011, 03:30 AM) *
And making more money than Floyd along the way.

All roads must go through Mayweather. He's the cash cow. All of these other clowns are just trying to be like him.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 15 2011, 08:13 AM) *

this goes beyond just a size difference marv... marquez has been through some tough wars where and in my opinion started showing signs of them as early as the first diaz fight... just my opinion but i dont trust him to stand up in the kind of battle it would take for him to secure a victory or even have what it takes at this point to be very competitive... i know he is a proven warrior and you cant take that away from him but the battles catch up to the best of them eventually... if the fight is signed my heart will be with marquez but i dont see him winning... i hope im wrong....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 15 2011, 02:54 PM) *
this goes beyond just a size difference marv... marquez has been through some tough wars where and in my opinion started showing signs of them as early as the first diaz fight... just my opinion but i dont trust him to stand up in the kind of battle it would take for him to secure a victory or even have what it takes at this point to be very competitive... i know he is a proven warrior and you cant take that away from him but the battles catch up to the best of them eventually... if the fight is signed my heart will be with marquez but i dont see him winning... i hope im wrong....

JLUV it's not like Manny hasn't been through some wars of his own you know.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 15 2011, 02:39 PM) *
JLUV it's not like Manny hasn't been through some wars of his own you know.

not like marquez... for the most part manny has had an easy time out there... what fight was really deep down in the trrenches for pac since he last fought marquez?...
STEVENSKI
Jluv you should change your sig because there is only one proven self confessed juicer in that sig & it is Mosley.
caneman
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 15 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Jluv you should change your sig because there is only one proven self confessed juicer in that sig & it is Mosley.

He listens to SR. too much! Pacman could pass any test, with no cut off & it wouldn't matter!

I wish he would do JMM @ 140! Pac smokes him @ either weight so why not 140?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 15 2011, 04:48 PM) *
not like marquez... for the most part manny has had an easy time out there... what fight was really deep down in the trrenches for pac since he last fought marquez?...

I thought Cotto and Margarito both got their licks in. But shoot he had 2 all out wars with Morales and 2 with Marquez. Brutal brutal fights, how many wars you wanna see a guy go through? Most guys have about 4-5 wars in them max.

P.S. Steve I was thinking the same thing. According to JLUV's new sig Mosley is gonna be fighting himself laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 15 2011, 11:06 PM) *

Ouch.

Marquez would give Pacquiao a tough fight but if he gets dropped I doubt he can survive like he did the last two times. Oh, who am I kidding? He gets up and fights Pacquiao tooth and nail again. Bet on it.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 15 2011, 10:38 PM) *
He listens to SR. too much! Pacman could pass any test, with no cut off & it wouldn't matter!

if he'll pass them why wont he take them, rather why wont his team make the money thats setting out there for that fight?... just wondering... call mays bluff... just saying... i know you hate the mayweathers... that goes without question... but if team pac wants want to make the fight as bad as they say... take the test... agree to full olympic style testing that they both will have to take and lets see what happens... if mayweathers comes with not right now then his bluff has been called and shit talking has the right to commence... but from the view point im looking at this i dont think its the fighters as ive said before... well let me say its not mayweather... pac has virtually zero control over what goes on with his career that is becoming obvious with this kontz character thats skimming the top... big daddy arum isnt ready to make the fight (his bum of the month fights he's giving pac are too profitable and cant say i blame him to send his lamb out for slaughter till he's fully juiced of all his blood) and its so obvious its not even funny... im sure you wont agree but once slick daddy is through with pac we'll see the fight and i'm willing to bet the test wont be an issue...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 15 2011, 10:38 PM) *

if he'll pass them why wont he take them?... just wondering... call mays bluff...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 15 2011, 10:06 PM) *

all mosley had to do was deny any knowledge and you would have no grounds to make that statement... least he manned up and admitted to his doing... he did that to himself...
gravytrain
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 15 2011, 11:54 PM) *
Ouch.

Marquez would give Pacquiao a tough fight but if he gets dropped I doubt he can survive like he did the last two times. Oh, who am I kidding? He gets up and fights Pacquiao tooth and nail again. Bet on it.

Marquez got a close fight with a fighter that has aged pretty well, it's not going to be close this time. even if he fights tooth and nail he'll still lose 8-4 or 9-3. the only good thing about this fight is Pac hasn't already completely dominated him so he's at least kinda deserving of a rematch.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 12:52 AM) *
never proven... self admitted stev... all mosley had to do was deny any knowledge... he did that to himself...

self admitted? nope lol. Mosley has never admitted shit. he was BALCOd.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Feb 15 2011, 11:57 PM) *
self admitted? nope lol. Mosley has never admitted shit. he was BALCOd.

mosley admitted to taking the cream you rub on your skin... id have to go find the video but im sure most on here has seen it... he admitted to it...
JLUVBABY
This is my take on the pac may fight at this juncture as well.... if pacs team wants the fight so bad and may really doesnt want the fight which is the popular thing to say these days call his bluff... agree to the testing (not a 14 day cut off but real olympic style blood testing)... what those guys are doing is not negotiating... its not negotiating when you arent trying to make a way... pacs next 2 fights are all but set and mayweathers not on the radar... uncle bobbies not ready to make that fight and he's bamboozling pac fans into thinking they are all over it to make that fight when its the the other way around... arums raking in all kinds of dough with these retread fighters he's putting pac in there against... he's maximizing pacs money making potential by juicing pac like a tomato in a juice machine (cant say i blame him).... when the public has visibly grown tired of the farce fights we will see mayweather fight pac... and like i told cane all of a sudden the test will become a non issue to getting that fight made.... just my opinion but i doubt im too far from the truth... yeah mayweather is a number 1 ass when it comes to bragging bout his money and etc and a pretty good fuck up outside the ring when it comes to keeping his ass out of trouble but inside that ring he fucks pac up 10 times out of 10, arum knows this, and thats why we havent seen that fight... if they where that confident arum would have made that fight back when it was first discussed then ended pacs career with the stiffs hes fighting now... i seriously doubt that fight is as hard to make as a refusal over drug test... since first announced this fight has become a fight the world wants to see, its not a fight its an event that in the sporting world only the super bowl is bigger only cuzz of sponcers etc... the event itself is bigger than the superbowl itself 10 fold... it's a world event, they know this is a fight the world wants to see... arum is smart and the event will happen once pac and company has juiced his lemming followers to the point that they are tired of his mismatches... then and only then will we see the mega fight that will break all money records... and for what its worth i dont think it comes close to living up to the hyoe it will generate..
gravytrain
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Feb 16 2011, 02:19 AM) *
IMO I don't think I ever wanted to see a rematch as bad as Pac-Marquez III as not only were the first two great fights against the two best, both were controversial and the money and demand was there. Soon after Manny didn't show interest the fight started becoming more and more irrelevant as Marquez had just moved up a division himself and went life and death with the top guys at Lightweight while Pac was already fighting as a Welter, looking how he did as a Featherweight against bigger guys at the time! Then Marquez still being new to Lightweight attempts to skip 2 divisions and fight as a Welterweight and looked, soft, slow, sluggish and just not too good at all.

Pac hasn't been pushed as hard nor been hit as much as Marquez in the last couple of years due to the big difference in competitive level between both fighters oppositions. Since their last fight too much has changed, but now that Pac has several advantages over Marquez the fight seems to make more sense than it did back then, just like Pac's other opponents he has chose in recent memories. Pac has more left in him and is too big and strong for Marquez these days.

Just a side question to everyone out there who say Manny has always been a Welterweight. If that's the case do you think Manny could still make weight at his previous divisions he has fought at? What's the lowest Pac can move down in weight?

145 down to 135-130 is pretty good for cutting, he could make 135 just by putting on a sauna suit and running prior to the weigh in and then not drinking or eating anything until after he weighs in. a 15 pound cut is harder but you've about 3 months to lose the weight so you can cut the water weight and make weight, it isn't going to be that bad.

Fitz
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Feb 16 2011, 06:19 PM) *
Just a side question to everyone out there who say Manny has always been a Welterweight. If that's the case do you think Manny could still make weight at his previous divisions he has fought at? What's the lowest Pac can move down in weight?

A lot of Pacquiao fans are dumb. They have it both ways. He is so good with his speed and strength because he doesn't dehydrate and apparently at the same ring weight as he was at 130-135, though he probably can't fight below 147. Figure that one out.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 16 2011, 03:52 AM) *
A lot of Pacquiao fans are dumb. They have it both ways. He is so good with his speed and strength because he doesn't dehydrate and apparently at the same ring weight as he was at 130-135, though he probably can't fight below 147. Figure that one out.

No-one's saying he couldn't fight at a lower weight, rather that he wouldn't be at his best at that weight. 147 is clearly best and natural fighting weight, anyone can see that. Could he suck down lower? Sure, as Gravy has pointed out, but I'd argue that it wouldn't be 100% Pacquiao.

I bet Floyd could prolly make 140 if he had long enough to train but I doubt it would be his best weight either.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 02:54 AM) *
This is my take on the pac may fight at this juncture as well.... if pacs team wants the fight so bad and may really doesnt want the fight which is the popular thing to say these days call his bluff... agree to the testing (not a 14 day cut off but real olympic style blood testing)... what those guys are doing is not negotiating... its not negotiating when you arent trying to make a way... pacs next 2 fights are all but set and mayweathers not on the radar... uncle bobbies not ready to make that fight and he's bamboozling pac fans into thinking they are all over it to make that fight when its the the other way around... arums raking in all kinds of dough with these retread fighters he's putting pac in there against... he's maximizing pacs money making potential by juicing pac like a tomato in a juice machine (cant say i blame him).... when the public has visibly grown tired of the farce fights we will see mayweather fight pac... and like i told cane all of a sudden the test will become a non issue to getting that fight made.... just my opinion but i doubt im too far from the truth... yeah mayweather is a number 1 ass when it comes to bragging bout his money and etc and a pretty good fuck up outside the ring when it comes to keeping his ass out of trouble but inside that ring he fucks pac up 10 times out of 10, arum knows this, and thats why we havent seen that fight... if they where that confident arum would have made that fight back when it was first discussed then ended pacs career with the stiffs hes fighting now... i seriously doubt that fight is as hard to make as a refusal over drug test... since first announced this fight has become a fight the world wants to see, its not a fight its an event that in the sporting world only the super bowl is bigger only cuzz of sponcers etc... the event itself is bigger than the superbowl itself 10 fold... it's a world event, they know this is a fight the world wants to see... arum is smart and the event will happen once pac and company has juiced his lemming followers to the point that they are tired of his mismatches... then and only then will we see the mega fight that will break all money records... and for what its worth i dont think it comes close to living up to the hyoe it will generate..

JLUV why don't you introduce yourself to paragraphs, you'll feel a lot better laugh.gif

As to your argument, Floyd could easily call Pac's bluff and say he is happy to go along with the commission's current testing regime and lets make the fight. Then Pac would have nowhere to run right?

As for Pac 'wanting the fight so bad' to be honest Manny has said more than once that if he doesn't fight Floyd he is no that bothered. I'm sure we've both seen numerous interviews where Manny has stated this.

Floyd on the other, and in fact his whole family, seem to have a massive hard-on for the congressman. If anyone appears to 'want the fight' more it is them. On boxing websites, on Facebook, on Twitter. These guys are obsessed.

So easy, agree to abide by the current testing rules and sign for the fight.
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 01:54 AM) *

We have been down this road so many times, they both have major faults & they are both making this fight not happen but whatever you think my man! Heck bro, last time PBF said they weren't even in negotiations after going back & forth & sr starting the whole roid thing! And for the record I think PBF wins the fight too but not like you think he will but you had what the last 4 fighters pac was fighting to beat him outta your hate for pac. You don't even think he has improved & as great as PBF is all this inactivity is helping him. They both need to want to make this fight!

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 16 2011, 03:43 AM) *
No-one's saying he couldn't fight at a lower weight, rather that he wouldn't be at his best at that weight. 147 is clearly best and natural fighting weight, anyone can see that. Could he suck down lower? Sure, as Gravy has pointed out, but I'd argue that it wouldn't be 100% Pacquiao.

I bet Floyd could prolly make 140 if he had long enough to train but I doubt it would be his best weight either.

Pacman could do 140 EASY IMO! He was @ 144 in his last fight & that where he should fight JMM if they do fight but I wish we could stop with the bullshit & have the fight we all really want!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 16 2011, 02:49 AM) *
JLUV why don't you introduce yourself to paragraphs, you'll feel a lot better laugh.gif

As to your argument, Floyd could easily call Pac's bluff and say he is happy to go along with the commission's current testing regime and lets make the fight. Then Pac would have nowhere to run right?

As for Pac 'wanting the fight so bad' to be honest Manny has said more than once that if he doesn't fight Floyd he is no that bothered. I'm sure we've both seen numerous interviews where Manny has stated this.

Floyd on the other, and in fact his whole family, seem to have a massive hard-on for the congressman. If anyone appears to 'want the fight' more it is them. On boxing websites, on Facebook, on Twitter. These guys are obsessed.

So easy, agree to abide by the current testing rules and sign for the fight.

im not introducing myself to paragraphs cuzz this is a fuckin boxing board not english class... lol... you get the point to what i have to say... you are brighter than that ollie... as for pac he is a puppet to bob arum so of course he has been molded by uncle bob to say he's not bothered if he doesnt get the fight... not the words of a true champion in my book... A real fighters gonna say fuck that get me the fight (you want to get real about both sides neither acting like true champs, if this was 20 or 30 years ago they'd have fought by now) ... and if, as manny is also fond of saying, mayweather doesnt want to fight him... im saying call his bluff... agree to the test and lets see what happens since its become popular to say mayweathers the fighter that doesnt want the fight... i for one think my theory on the whole idea is a lot closer to the fact than 2 fighters (or one of them) not wanting to fight... difference between the two of us is you are a die hard pac fan... i actually like the both of them therefore can give a non bias reply to the situation... you have mayweather that really only wants that one fight and for all other cases and purposes retired and you have arum and crew that wants to collect as much as possible before cashing manny out... this is not rocket science...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 16 2011, 03:00 AM) *
We have been down this road so many times, they both have major faults & they are both making this fight not happen but whatever you think my man! Heck bro, last time PBF said they weren't even in negotiations after going back & forth & sr starting the whole roid thing! And for the record I think PBF wins the fight too but not like you think he will but you had what the last 4 fighters pac was fighting to beat him outta your hate for pac. You don't even think he has improved & as great as PBF is all this inactivity is helping him. They both need to want to make this fight!

Well its been proven they weren't in negotiations during the last time... that was (ross greenburg? i think his name is?) arums on record saying that as a matter of fact and word is heads are about to roll (tho it appears its going to be the head of kerry davis) behind that fiasco and the arum/pac move to showtime... i wouldnt say i dont think he's improved as a fighter he obviously has, but its hard to tell when he's fighting the guys he has and yes ive rooted against him the last few times tho ive outwardly picked him vs mosley if that makes you feel better... lol... ... its hard to root for a guy thats fighting guys he's knows hes going to beat... lol.. that gets old... i dont hate pac... thats not a fare way to say how i feel about the guy... i dont like or dislike any fighter and im not a band wagon fan as some are but i know when a fighter is capable of offering up better fights than what they are.. call me crazy but id rather pac be getting ready for berto than mosley... its time he fought a guy that had a better than a 2 fight winning streak...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 04:42 AM) *
im not introducing myself to paragraphs cuzz this is a fuckin boxing board not english class... lol... you get the point to what i have to say... you are brighter than that ollie...

In all fairness to Oliie, he has got a point. I honestly was going to say the same thing earlier tonight. The ONLY reason he and I are pointing it out is it makes it SO much easier to read with paragraphs my man. I have trouble reading your posts sometimes cause all I see is a wall of text, lol. Jluv you always write real good stuff, it would just be easier for us to read if you made more paragraphs. I admit I suck at English myself, but I try and separate my thoughts into paragraphs. Please do not chew my head off.

Now as far as the thread topic states, I do NOT want to see this fight at welterweight. I just can not see JMM being competitive with Pac at this point. I do not think Marquez would be able to keep Pac off him, and this Pac would definitely stop JMM early. Maybe I am not giving Marquez enough credit, but this is just the way I see it.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 04:52 PM) *
all mosley had to do was deny any knowledge and you would have no grounds to make that statement... least he manned up and admitted to his doing... he did that to himself...

Yeah if you exclude the fact that he had owner of Balco Victor Conte naming & shaming him &siezed ducoments showing he received shipments of two types of designer steriods from Balco. He fucking told a grand jury that he injected himself with EPO. If he is so innocent why did he drop his lawsuit against Conte?

The proof is there & Shane admitted it.

There has never been a hint of Pac doping nor any association with any doping companies. You are clutching at straws here & missing every one of them.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 16 2011, 04:42 AM) *
im not introducing myself to paragraphs cuzz this is a fuckin boxing board not english class... lol... you get the point to what i have to say... you are brighter than that ollie... as for pac he is a puppet to bob arum so of course he has been molded by uncle bob to say he's not bothered if he doesnt get the fight... not the words of a true champion in my book... A real fighters gonna say fuck that get me the fight (you want to get real about both sides neither acting like true champs, if this was 20 or 30 years ago they'd have fought by now) ... and if, as manny is also fond of saying, mayweather doesnt want to fight him... im saying call his bluff... agree to the test and lets see what happens since its become popular to say mayweathers the fighter that doesnt want the fight... i for one think my theory on the whole idea is a lot closer to the fact than 2 fighters (or one of them) not wanting to fight... difference between the two of us is you are a die hard pac fan... i actually like the both of them therefore can give a non bias reply to the situation... you have mayweather that really only wants that one fight and for all other cases and purposes retired and you have arum and crew that wants to collect as much as possible before cashing manny out... this is not rocket science...

First off I am a big Pac fan but not die hard to the point where I can't criticize the guy. I'm not a big fan of his upcoming fight and I've made that clear.

As for who wants the fight I think you're closer to the truth when you say neither guy is actually clamouring for it. Floyd desperately wants to keep that zero on his account and I think Manny is happy fighting big names for big money.

However all you've posted on the subject is how it's Manny's duty to take the tests for this fight to happen. Well maybe, but surely you can flip that over and say if Floyd is so keen he'll take the current tests and just go and do his thing. I don't see how you can come down on one guy like a ton of bricks yet don't seem to mention Floyd's culpability in this matter.

Lastly if you think Manny is just a puppet for Arum I'd say you underestimate the shrewdness of the congressman. Manny can be a bullet maker alright, he is just cunning enough to ensure that someone else always fires them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.