Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lights Out
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Big Slim Sweet
Haven't seen any convo about this show here. In my opinion it's been pretty solid. Cliched at times but overall I've been enjoying it.

Just giving it a shout out tonight cause one of my good friends growing up has a role beginning this episode, playing Javiar 'El Diablo' Morales.

"Tell your daughters to pray for you." Really looking forward to seeing how he does.
The CEO
That's the same way I feel about it, Slim...they're doin' the best job they can with that storyline...your friend did well too...liked the homage to Mayorga...lol
Spyder
I really like the show. I don't see it getting renewed past a second season though...if that. The viewers just aren't there.

Hopefully the network will give it a second season to build a buzz and draw an audience, but we're already at the halfway point and they haven't said a word about it.

It might turn into a 'Firefly' type of situation, where the public support will garner a movie wrap up to be made. It's obvious that the people that see the show like it...they're just not finding it on the dial.
BGv2.0
You know...I saw this and it looked interesting, but I simply CANNOT watch any kind of show on tv or less than premium cable stations. I only watch shows on HBO.

Because with HBO you can pretty much be certain of the fact that even if they have to cancel a show, they will at least give you a wrap up. Ever since ABC FUCKED ME with Drew Carey I cannot commit to any kind of show of any sort.

I was a loyal fan of the Drew Carey Show from the start, I recorded every episode on VHS (which I'm glad I did as they will not release it on dvd) and even put the show before girlfriends, jobs and any other thing in life....I LOVED that show! For 8 years!

Then when the ratings slipped, as they alsways do eventually, Drew begged ABC to allow him half a season just to simply wrap up the show for his die hard fans, as a guy who made a ton of money on his show, he felt he owed it to his fans to at least wrap up the show....those assholes at ABC agreed to let him have like 7 episodes (less than a full season) to wrap things up. They filmed them...and then the assholes execs started moving it all around, from week to week it was on at a different time and day...I could not catch it and thus lost my recording of the last few episodes....

TO THIS F'N DAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE SEASON FINALE! As they dicided not to show it and to simply included it into syndication packages.

Sorry for the rant....but that is why I will not even try to watch new television shows on regular tv or less than premium cable....

burn me once shame on you....it won't happen a second time.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 16 2011, 11:25 AM) *
That's the same way I feel about it, Slim...they're doin' the best job they can with that storyline...your friend did well too...liked the homage to Mayorga...lol

That's exactly the way he described the role to me last summer. A heavyweight Mayorga.

QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 16 2011, 12:04 PM) *
I really like the show. I don't see it getting renewed past a second season though...if that. The viewers just aren't there.

Hopefully the network will give it a second season to build a buzz and draw an audience, but we're already at the halfway point and they haven't said a word about it.

It might turn into a 'Firefly' type of situation, where the public support will garner a movie wrap up to be made. It's obvious that the people that see the show like it...they're just not finding it on the dial.

I don't see it going past a season or two either. How far can they go with the storyline really? How many times can his brother screw up? How many times can he convince his wife to stick with him while he fights? I don't see them delving too deep into his permanent retirement.
BrutalBodyShots
Damn BG, you're a bit bitter over that eh?
Snoop
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Feb 16 2011, 09:17 PM) *
You know...I saw this and it looked interesting, but I simply CANNOT watch any kind of show on tv or less than premium cable stations. I only watch shows on HBO.

Because with HBO you can pretty much be certain of the fact that even if they have to cancel a show, they will at least give you a wrap up. Ever since ABC FUCKED ME with Drew Carey I cannot commit to any kind of show of any sort.

I was a loyal fan of the Drew Carey Show from the start, I recorded every episode on VHS (which I'm glad I did as they will not release it on dvd) and even put the show before girlfriends, jobs and any other thing in life....I LOVED that show! For 8 years!

Then when the ratings slipped, as they alsways do eventually, Drew begged ABC to allow him half a season just to simply wrap up the show for his die hard fans, as a guy who made a ton of money on his show, he felt he owed it to his fans to at least wrap up the show....those assholes at ABC agreed to let him have like 7 episodes (less than a full season) to wrap things up. They filmed them...and then the assholes execs started moving it all around, from week to week it was on at a different time and day...I could not catch it and thus lost my recording of the last few episodes....

TO THIS F'N DAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE SEASON FINALE! As they dicided not to show it and to simply included it into syndication packages.

Sorry for the rant....but that is why I will not even try to watch new television shows on regular tv or less than premium cable....

burn me once shame on you....it won't happen a second time.

I know you're against downloading but...

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/the-drew-ca...9-t1021412.html

Spyder
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 17 2011, 11:07 AM) *
I don't see it going past a season or two either. How far can they go with the storyline really? How many times can his brother screw up? How many times can he convince his wife to stick with him while he fights? I don't see them delving too deep into his permanent retirement.

They could go any number of directions...extending his comeback, or he could take over the gym from his pops. The family side of the story has really just scratched the surface...we don't know anything about his daughters, his wife will finally start working, and he could play up the house husband role...intimidating some more of the girls' prospective suitors.

I don't think that the cancellation will be due to lack of material, but rather a lack of audience.
JLUVBABY
i hear boxing fans raving over the show and for that matter i tried to watch it a few episodes in... bout 5 minutes in i found myself preoccupied with my youtube boxing community and surfing this site... lol... im sure im missing a solid boxing show but it just didnt grab my attention for what ever reason... something tells me if it was a hbo or showtime gig id be more into it, probably cuzz my sat rarely drops under my premium channels when im watchingunless its for boxing on espn2... or classic...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.