Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN2- Lemieux vs Rubio Fight Info.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
SENTRAL
On April 8th David Lemieux takes his next step towards global middleweight super-stardom when he faces the experienced Mexican, Marco Antonio Rubio.  This is something of an acid test for David who would be wise not to overlook the vastly more experienced Rubio.  Marco has heavy hands and if he manages to land a bomb on Lemieux we will all find out if, as I believe, David is the real thing.
  I take David to blast Rubio out in frightening fashion, sending out a statement of intent to the rest of the middleweight division, none more so than champion Martinez.  There are many skeptics claiming the Canadian will be exposed when he gets hit, or when his devastating punching power isn't enough to take his man out, and his stamina is found wanting. Rubio is on a 6 fight winning streak since his uninspired defeat by Kelly Pavlik but he is not the man to upset Lemieux.

David Lemieux KO 2.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
David Lemieux.

This could only be a SENTRAL thread laugh.gif
SENTRAL
Bobs your uncle Ollie. What's your take on this fight? Come on, "rattle your dags!"
wink.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 17 2011, 03:51 AM) *
"rattle your dags!"

Holy fuck where did you find that saying? Did you Google 'slang from downunder?' Was it just under 'throw another shrimp on the barbie?' laugh.gif

Look I'll be honest I haven't seen as much of Lemieux as you obviously have. However you seem to know your onions (apart from that whole Haye beats Klit fiasco) so I'll take your word for it.

What I have seen of Lemieux he reminds me a little of a young Nigel Benn if that makes any sense, and certainly no insult to him. This looks to be a progression fight for him and good match making by his team. He'll win I have no doubt about that but it's how he wins that we're interested in. Rubio is a good litmus test for an up and comer and it will tell his camp exactly where he is.

You're right though a good win definately puts him in the mix in the division. The Canada thing will be a problem though. After the Hokins/Pascal fight it is danger of turning into the new Germany and big names will be reluctant to fight there. I'm assuming the fight is in Canada yeah?

In order to progress he may have to start fighting on American soil.
SENTRAL
Yeah I might be two sammies short of a picnic with my Haye prediction but it appears like we might never find out how crazy I am with that one. Lemieux meets Rubio in Montreal and although he will definitely receive more groans for having yet another fight in Canada I'd hope the fans don't turn against him. He will box in the US eventually and when he does I'm certain his fan base will grow extremely fast. The Benn comparison is good although he isn't as wild as Nigel was but he hits as hard, or appears to, and fights with the same bad intentions. I'm being bold with my predictions but I have a strong feeling he could be the real deal
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 17 2011, 04:25 AM) *
Yeah I might be two sammies short of a picnic with my Haye prediction but it appears like we might never find out how crazy I am with that one. Lemieux meets Rubio in Montreal and although he will definitely receive more groans for having yet another fight in Canada I'd hope the fans don't turn against him. He will box in the US eventually and when he does I'm certain his fan base will grow extremely fast. The Benn comparison is good although he isn't as wild as Nigel was but he hits as hard, or appears to, and fights with the same bad intentions. I'm being bold with my predictions but I have a strong feeling he could be the real deal

Have not seen this guy fight, but that is a bold statement saying he hits as hard as Benn. Nigel had crippling one punch power! Time will tell about this dude.
Maxy
I've only seen youtube footage of this Lemieux fella - which ain't a problem cos all his fights are short anyway, pretty much. Does seem like he hits fuckin' hard but until he shows that type of power is effective at a higher level it's way too soon to start comparing him with the Dark Destroyer.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 17 2011, 04:35 AM) *
I've only seen youtube footage of this Lemieux fella - which ain't a problem cos all his fights are short anyway, pretty much. Does seem like he hits fuckin' hard but until he shows that type of power is effective at a higher level it's way too soon to start comparing him with the Dark Destroyer.

Maxy I'm not comparing talent or punching power more just saying there is something about him that reminds me of Benn. Maybe it's the way he digs his hooks to the body, from the amount I've seen of him they appear a little Benn-esque.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 17 2011, 04:25 AM) *

I've actually got no problem with guys fighting on home soil, lets face it many American fighters never leave the U.S. My thoughts are more around him finding it harder to lure good quality opposition to Canada to fight him.

Progression in America is no bad thing though, especially for the bank balance.

You're 2 sammies short of a picnic alright about the Haye prediction. Tell you what if they ever fight we can sig bet, I win I get to put your old sigs back for a coupla weeks. Better looking at those 2 puppies than the 2 Canadians you've currently got there laugh.gif

You win you can have 4 weeks putting up whatever you like on mine, I'm guessing the suggestions that will come from these boards will probably be a couple of sheep humping or a pyschotic Maori warrior, haha.
SENTRAL
I'm brazen enough to stand by my convictions and if/when Haye meets (and then beats) a Klitschko I will be willing to partake in a sig bet with you.

Back to Lemieux, the major difference between him and Benn is where Benn was constantly looking for the KO with his wild fighting style, David is more measured and he doesn't necessarily look to take everyone out.  He is patient and isn't overly aggressive but because he has explosive power in his fists, as soon as his opponent feels it their approach to the fight instantly changes and David then begins to hunt them down.  I keep telling people there is no rush with David.  He has only been a pro since 2007, he is only 22 years old and if he does suffer a setback at any point on his rise to the top he still has plenty of time to come back. Rubio is a good step up, a solid fighter, a name in the division and someone who is capable of asking a few questions about David.  We don't know how he takes a shot yet but Rubio is experienced enough to perhaps answer that question.  We don't know how good his stamina is yet and again Rubio, on paper, is good
enough to answer that question.  But like I said, Rubio won't answers those questions because he is going to sleep in 2 rounds.

Oh and, take a shufti at this mate!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Feb 17 2011, 06:29 AM) *
I'm brazen enough to stand by my convictions and if/when Haye meets (and then beats) a Klitschko I will be willing to partake in a sig bet with you.

Oh and, take a shufti at this mate!

Unfortunately I do believe this happens around Valentine's Day (or any old random Friday night) when lonely farmer's can't find dates laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
Unfortunately rumours have persisted over the years of this practice taking place in the north of Scotland, and also throughout Wales!
Maxy
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Feb 17 2011, 04:49 AM) *
Maxy I'm not comparing talent or punching power more just saying there is something about him that reminds me of Benn. Maybe it's the way he digs his hooks to the body, from the amount I've seen of him they appear a little Benn-esque.

Yeah I see what you're saying. I ain't seen too much of this fella though. Youtube can make anyone look great and he's been in so many short fights it's difficult to make a proper judgment of him. I reckon this next fight will sway me one way or another so I'm looking forward to it. If he can be anywhere near Benns level of excitement against genuine top quality opposition I will be right up there with his biggest fans. Straight up, the sport needs a fuckin lethal KO artist and none of this Bradley and Ward butting shit that seems to be in favour right now.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (sportsbun @ Apr 4 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Montreal middleweight David Lemieux is moving toward a title eliminator against Marco Antonio Rubio, a former title challenger from Mexico.

http://sportsneed.com/david-lemieux-vs-mar...hlights-online/

uh...cool, I never knew that before reading this thread. Thanks Tips!
mexi-cutioner
Lemieux will wipe out Rubio in under 5 rounds. Lemieux is the man and I don't think the Nigel Benn comparisons are too far off, but imo he is a more polished boxer than Benn was. After this bout, I'd like to see Lemieux take on someone like Manfredo Jr, Andy Lee or Brian Vera before challenging for the title. Only problem is, while Lemieux is a BIG draw in Quebec and can fill up stadiums, that's the only place where he is a draw. I can see a lot of world champs refusing to take their belt into their challenger's home turf to defend the title and Lemieux would definitely not attract/sell as many seats fighting anywhere outside of Canada. With that said I think it's important he experiences 1-2 fights in the US now so American fans can get a better glimpse of the kid b4 he fights for the title.
mexi-cutioner
Lemieux will wipe out Rubio in under 5 rounds. Lemieux is the man and I don't think the Nigel Benn comparisons are too far off, but imo he is a more polished boxer than Benn was. After this bout, I'd like to see Lemieux take on someone like Manfredo Jr, Andy Lee or Brian Vera before challenging for the title. Only problem is, while Lemieux is a BIG draw in Quebec and can fill up stadiums, that's the only place where he is a draw. I can see a lot of world champs refusing to take their belt into their challenger's home turf to defend the title and Lemieux would definitely not attract/sell as many seats fighting anywhere outside of Canada. With that said I think it's important he experiences 1-2 fights in the US now so American fans can get a better glimpse of the kid b4 he fights for the title.
SENTRAL
David Lemieux has claimed he would knock out Sergio Martinez should they ever fight.  He said, "I believe that I would  break Martinez down and then I would look for an opportunity for a  knockout, because  he does get hit, and he's open for some of my shots. He's a very good fighter, but I think and believe that I would be able  to break him down and then finish him off.. I would cut off the  ring and make Martinez fight in a phone booth. I've
been trained very  well, and I know how to move, and I'm a very good,
aggressive fighter. I cut off the ring very well and I cut down fighters.. I  would be able
to do that against Sergio Martinez. That would be no  problem for me."

Fighting talk.  Check back after Friday night to see how David destroys Rubio en-route to his middleweight domination.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Apr 7 2011, 12:58 PM) *
David Lemieux has claimed he would knock out Sergio Martinez should they ever fight.  He said, "I believe that I would  break Martinez down and then I would look for an opportunity for a  knockout, because  he does get hit, and he's open for some of my shots. He's a very good fighter, but I think and believe that I would be able  to break him down and then finish him off.. I would cut off the  ring and make Martinez fight in a phone booth. I've
been trained very  well, and I know how to move, and I'm a very good,
aggressive fighter. I cut off the ring very well and I cut down fighters.. I  would be able
to do that against Sergio Martinez. That would be no  problem for me."

Fighting talk.  Check back after Friday night to see how David destroys Rubio en-route to his middleweight domination.

Haha, talk is cheap sweetheart. Lemieux needs to prove a lot more before he starts claiming he's going to knockout the man @160. Rubio is a good test for him, looking forward to the fight tomorrow
D-MARV
Lemieux was in a little bit of trouble in round 6.
D-MARV
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Overrated BUM down! Maidana gets it handed to him tomorrow!
D-MARV
I Love it!

War Rubio!
D-MARV
WOW! It's quiet in Canada!
D-MARV
No post fight Interview for Lemieux?
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 8 2011, 09:41 PM) *
No post fight Interview for Lemieux?

Shit I ain't even seen it yet but kinda funny for a guy that would stop MARAVILLA ///THREAD
JLUVBABY
lol.. well another fighter exposed.... kinda hate it tho i was hoping in a way lemieux was another contender for somebody to deal with... just another guy to help stack the division... what do you guys think?... im on the fence bout ordering the morales maidana card... im kinda liking the undercard..
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 8 2011, 10:04 PM) *
lol.. well another fighter exposed.... kinda hate it tho i was hoping in a way lemieux was another contender for somebody to deal with... just another guy to help stack the division... what do you guys think?... im on the fence bout ordering the morales maidana card... im kinda liking the undercard..

COULD BE A FUN CARD....I WISH MORALES COULD STILL GET PAID IF HE BROKE HIS LEG ON THE WAY TO THE RING...I HOPE I AM WRONG BUT GOT A BAD FEELING! I KNOW MY GIRL DEVIN WILL BE THERE...SHE HAD COOL PICS ON THE WEIGH IN
D-MARV
If Morales is half the fighter he once was, He'll wipe his ass with Maidana.
caneman
the key word is IF!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 8 2011, 10:14 PM) *
COULD BE A FUN CARD....I WISH MORALES COULD STILL GET PAID IF HE BROKE HIS LEG ON THE WAY TO THE RING...I HOPE I AM WRONG BUT GOT A BAD FEELING! I KNOW MY GIRL DEVIN WILL BE THERE...SHE HAD COOL PICS ON THE WEIGH IN

im thinking that katsidis guererro fight is gonna be off the chain cane.... imma sleep on it and think on it tomorrow... that usually means imma order it... lol...
caneman
Atlas just said what I think on Morales! SAD TO SAY!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 8 2011, 10:38 PM) *
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Overrated BUM down! Maidana gets it handed to him tomorrow!

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 8 2011, 11:22 PM) *
If Morales is half the fighter he once was, He'll wipe his ass with Maidana.

Hey man if Maidana is a "bum", why did he go life in death with Khan, who you think is clearly the best in the division? I mean if Maidana is a bum, then Khan should have wiped the floor with him. Some even thought Maidana deserved the win that night, I was not one of them though. I felt Khan won enough rounds to win the fight.

I think Maidana is a decent fighter with some true grit. I by no means think he is great, but he is not bad either. I think calling him a bum is a bit harsh.

I missed the fight tonight, but it's nice to see an underdog who is NOT supposed to win beat the highly touted untested prospect.
gravytrain
not much to say about the fight other than LOL because the chump got exposed
The CEO
Oh my.....exposed already?...by Rubio?

lmao...wait a second...I gotta find my quotes...

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 10:09 AM) *
Lemieux is good...for a kid from a tertiary Boxing nation.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 03:10 PM) *
I predict Lemieux will still be in Montreal this time next year....having padded his resume with a few more wins and protecting that 0...

This is one of those times where being wrong feels good...lol

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 25 2011, 10:26 AM) *
@ SENTRAL....I want you to know I've never judged you or your posts by your pics...I'm sensing you're a good person and can fit in this community....

One piece of advice though...you need to disassociate yourself from Bute and Lemieux ASAP...supporting and pushing Canadian Level guys WILL come back to haunt you...lol

Get in here and take your medicine, huggers...you know who you are.

bye.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 9 2011, 01:06 AM) *
Oh my.....exposed already?...by Rubio?

lmao...wait a second...I gotta find my quotes...

This is one of those times where being wrong feels good...lol

Get in here and take your medicine, huggers...you know who you are.

bye.gif

everybody knows he'd be ready for Maravilla in 18 months. ready to get dominated and stretched out lol

The CEO
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 8 2011, 10:39 PM) *
I Love it!

War Rubio!

Me too, man...Rubio deserves some props for this performance...he took that cocky, reach challenged shrimp to SCHOOL and tucked him in like he was his daddy...he played the kid exactly the way he was supposed to...

An impressive showing by the journeyman B fighter...glad I stayed up to catch it.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 8 2011, 09:47 PM) *
not much to say about the fight other than LOL because the chump got exposed

How is Lemieux chump? If you are willing to step through those ropes you ain't no chump. Now here comes all the boxing haters to say I knew lemieux was garbage. That was a very entertaining fight. I was expecting a Lemieux win and thought this was a nice step up but damn Rubio put on a great performance. He weathered the storm early then stepped it up in the 6th. Even though Lemieux was doing good in the early rounds, I thought he was kind of punching himself out trying to land only hard shots. Rubio has some very heavy hands and a serviceable stiff jab. Lemieux is still very young and has a lot of improvement to do. But he can still make some noise. He needs to come to America for some better sparring and training. I thought Lemieux's corner was giving him perfect advice once Rubio started to come on in the sixth. But lemieux was a done fighter after the sixth. Great job of Rubio to perservere through the early storm to do your thing. It's fights like these make me love boxing so much.
The CEO
Haters plural?......I know you ain't talkin' to me, Fan...as you can see, I recognized and essentially said he was a typical hypejob a long time ago...

Enjoyed the fight and agree with some of your other sentiments though...
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 8 2011, 10:19 PM) *
Me too, man...Rubio deserves some props for this performance...he took that cocky, reach challenged shrimp to SCHOOL and tucked him in like he was his daddy...he played the kid exactly the way he was supposed to...

An impressive showing by the journeyman B fighter...glad I stayed up to catch it.

Yea the fight turned out just how Rubio expected it. Lemieux is just a little short and does reach to much. Hindsight is 20/20 but Rubio was all wrong for him at this stage as he's tall, has heavy hands and a decent jab and he has heart. Lemieux is always going to have trouble with guys with a good jab and heighth. If Lemieux cant stay on the inside and bang guys out he'll always struggle, especially at the top level.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 8 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Haters plural?......I know you ain't talkin' to me, Fan...as you can see, I recognized and essentially said he was a typical hypejob a long time ago...

Enjoyed the fight and agree with some of your other sentiments though...

Lol, its cool. It's just that once someone loses who is considered to have a bright future, you get guys saying I told you so and calling fighters chumps. I hate when people call fighters chumps or bums when said people have no idea what it takes to step in the ring. It's just a pet peeve of mine.
kidbazooka1
Hahahahahhaha

I wonder if Lemieux thinks he can still beat Martinez.

Must be a sad day in canada being that they had pretty high hopes for this guy. LOL

I never seen anything special in Lemieux and im not suprsied at all that Rubio stopped him.
gravytrain
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 9 2011, 01:25 AM) *
How is Lemieux chump? If you are willing to step through those ropes you ain't no chump. Now here comes all the boxing haters to say I knew lemieux was garbage. That was a very entertaining fight. I was expecting a Lemieux win and thought this was a nice step up but damn Rubio put on a great performance. He weathered the storm early then stepped it up in the 6th. Even though Lemieux was doing good in the early rounds, I thought he was kind of punching himself out trying to land only hard shots. Rubio has some very heavy hands and a serviceable stiff jab. Lemieux is still very young and has a lot of improvement to do. But he can still make some noise. He needs to come to America for some better sparring and training. I thought Lemieux's corner was giving him perfect advice once Rubio started to come on in the sixth. But lemieux was a done fighter after the sixth. Great job of Rubio to perservere through the early storm to do your thing. It's fights like these make me love boxing so much.

i've been calling this cat garbage since someone on here said he'd be ready for Martinez in a year and a half and before that i didn't care about him because he's just someone knocking out bums in Canada. he was garbage and is garbage, he never proved anything and ran up his record against cab drivers.
gravytrain
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 9 2011, 02:01 AM) *
Lol, its cool. It's just that once someone loses who is considered to have a bright future, you get guys saying I told you so and calling fighters chumps. I hate when people call fighters chumps or bums when said people have no idea what it takes to step in the ring. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

i boxed for 4 years. that doesn't make me special. even if i never boxed before i could call someone a chump as a fan because i can form an opinion about a fighter based on quality of opposition and just watching them in general.

SENTRAL
I'm extremely disappointed by the outcome of the fight and feel David was perhaps a victim of his own (relative) success.  He lacked the composure to be defensive in his work, and Rubio was avoiding most of what David threw..  Rubio was catching David with the jab, landing the straight over the top and generally taking him to school.  I feel David needs to find himself a better trainer, he needs to work on his footwork, he needs to move his head and he needs a degree of patience.  When a guy blazes through his opposition because they cannot take his big shots he usually fails to learn as a fighter.  When the big shots don't have the same affect as previously and his opponent is smarter it turns out very bad.  We've all seen this type of thing before hand.  Lemieux was throwing too much leather at Rubio's guard, he failed to even attempt to set the guy up and it all went monumentally bad for him when he got hurt.  The tide was never really turned,
David being the aggressor didn't fool me and I worried things were going to turn out bad for him midway through the fight.  Do I stick by my bold prediction whereby he will be the future of the division?  In a word....NO..  
Snoop
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 9 2011, 05:25 AM) *

I feel what you're saying but I mean c'mon man. We're talking about in the context of boxers compared to boxers. Of course compared to laymen these guys are warriors, I mean for godssakes they fight for a living, but I think the whole part of the fight game is to take shit talking from fans like us. Just comes with the territory.
mexi-cutioner
Lol You guys are ridiculous calling him a bum and shit. The dude is 22 years old and still has all the potential in the world, in fact he was winning that fight 5 rounds to 1 and I had him winning that 7th round until the knockdown and stoppage. You guys are judging this dude cus he gets a lil hype so alot of u hope he gets exposed and most of you guys have never seen more than a fight or a couple quick highlight vids. The kid got caught flush and it ended in his own demise.. But I still think the kid can definitely become a titleholder and if there were a rematch, i'd have my money on Lemieux to win the rematch judging by how he was doing vs. Rubio throughout the greater portion of the fight; granted, he's gotta do some fine tweaking but he'll be ok. Shiet, you fools act like cus a fighter gets caught by a good punch and loses a bout suddenly he's a bum not every1 that loses a bout automatically becomes a bum; That's jus the type of sport boxing is, every1 has a puncher's chance to win a fight.
TheFonz
I went to sleep after the second round but before going to sleep I remember thinking "There is nothing in Lemieux fight game that Serggio can't handle." Then I wake up to find out the he got KOed by fucking Rubio. What a hype job LOL. I'm starting to think that all of those Canadian fighters are part of one big hype machine and will get exposed very soon.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 8 2011, 11:40 PM) *
i boxed for 4 years. that doesn't make me special. even if i never boxed before i could call someone a chump as a fan because i can form an opinion about a fighter based on quality of opposition and just watching them in general.

Ohh my bad u boxed for 4 years. In that case talk all the shit you want. Give me a break. I don't think trashing a guy and calling him a bum is much of an opinion. In any case Lemieux is very young and still has lots of boxing ahead of him. I think Lemieux domination of lesser opposition was is down fall as be thought he could do the same with any fighters. Boxing reality can be harsh. He got way a head of himself. But being so young he still has a future.

Were you any good when you boxed for those 4 years gravytrain? Did you box professionally or just golden gloves or just trained? Where did you box?
JLUVBABY
in all fairness mexicutioner made some good points... first of all this is boxing... the opponent is supposed to have a chance or why even fight.... boxing needs more fights like that where the prospect truly gets tested... now lemieux's team has an idea of what they need to work on and tweak some things... which leads me to number 2... the kid is only 22 years old and he fought a good solid vet last night... it was a good learning fight for the kid if he is able to deal with the defeat... honestly the state of boxing is getting to the point to where the undefeated (zero losses) means dollar signs but it dont necc mean skill level... a lot of these guys rack off these undefeated records vs has beens and no hopers and get spanked on the world level because they are under prepared... id rather band wagon a fighter that has tested himself against good solid pros and tweaked what he needed to tweak before going into the big fights... the kid has a lot of time to learn from his mistakes.. all it means is his team can slow down the express train to the title and let the kid better learn his craft... NOW, with all that said he may still prove to be a b level fighter when its all said and done but i think some are a little quick to brand the kid a hype job just yet... truth is he can fight.... he got caught and its fights like that that keep boxings lights on... those types of fights have to happen... khan was one punch k.o'd and now some consider him the best 140 lber in boxing... lets see how the kid comes back and what, if anything, he learns from his first defeat....
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 9 2011, 12:29 AM) *
Hey man if Maidana is a "bum", why did he go life in death with Khan, who you think is clearly the best in the division? I mean if Maidana is a bum, then Khan should have wiped the floor with him. Some even thought Maidana deserved the win that night, I was not one of them though. I felt Khan won enough rounds to win the fight.

I think Maidana is a decent fighter with some true grit. I by no means think he is great, but he is not bad either. I think calling him a bum is a bit harsh.

I missed the fight tonight, but it's nice to see an underdog who is NOT supposed to win beat the highly touted untested prospect.

I was drinking last night... Maidana isn't a bum... He's a C fighter with a heart! He was a second away from losing 1 round KOs to Ortiz and Khan. He also went life and death with Corely who is more shot than Morales.

Morales looked like shit at the weigh in so I'm worried somewhat... But DAMN!... the skill gap between the two is so far apart!

You have been making some very strange picks lately. This fight? The Haye fight, and I think there is one more, but I can't think of it. Unless it is just those two. Respect to you for coming out and taking them, I just don't remember you making picks like these in the past.
I'm actually really, really surprised about your opinion on the Morales-Maidana fight. I hope you are right though, I love Morales. Just don't see it

Fitz, I'm never one to bite my tongue when it comes to fight predictions... especially big fights.

Maidana may prove to be too much for Morales in this one but Corley and make it a fight then Morales can as well.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 9 2011, 12:24 PM) *
in all fairness mexicutioner made some good points... first of all this is boxing... the opponent is supposed to have a chance or why even fight.... boxing needs more fights like that where the prospect truly gets tested... now lemieux's team has an idea of what they need to work on and tweak some things... which leads me to number 2... the kid is only 22 years old and he fought a good solid vet last night... it was a good learning fight for the kid if he is able to deal with the defeat... honestly the state of boxing is getting to the point to where the undefeated (zero losses) means dollar signs but it dont necc mean skill level... a lot of these guys rack off these undefeated records vs has beens and no hopers and get spanked on the world level because they are under prepared... id rather band wagon a fighter that has tested himself against good solid pros and tweaked what he needed to tweak before going into the big fights... the kid has a lot of time to learn from his mistakes.. all it means is his team can slow down the express train to the title and let the kid better learn his craft... NOW, with all that said he may still prove to be a b level fighter when its all said and done but i think some are a little quick to brand the kid a hype job just yet... truth is he can fight.... he got caught and its fights like that that keep boxings lights on... those types of fights have to happen... khan was one punch k.o'd and now some consider him the best 140 lber in boxing... lets see how the kid comes back and what, if anything, he learns from his first defeat....

maybe before. i don't see how you could believe some bullshit like that though J. was Mayweather/Marquez supposed to be a fight where the fighter had a chance? all through the rankings of boxing there are fights where if the favorite doesn't win it's an upset and most of the time it isn't by chance. there's a reason to fight people that have no chance and it's because you get paid lol.

QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 9 2011, 12:09 PM) *
Ohh my bad u boxed for 4 years. In that case talk all the shit you want. Give me a break. I don't think trashing a guy and calling him a bum is much of an opinion. In any case Lemieux is very young and still has lots of boxing ahead of him. I think Lemieux domination of lesser opposition was is down fall as be thought he could do the same with any fighters. Boxing reality can be harsh. He got way a head of himself. But being so young he still has a future.

Were you any good when you boxed for those 4 years gravytrain? Did you box professionally or just golden gloves or just trained? Where did you box?

or he was matched poorly and they did nothing to make him grow as a fighter by feeding him no hopers. i don't think Lemieux minded since he called out Martinez. he's just another fighter that padded his resume then got exposed. if you want to talk shit like you're the best then you open yourself up for criticism. Lemieux did exactly that and lost to a B fighter.

i don't live in Mexico, i couldn't have turned pro at the ages i boxed lol. i wasn't bad, i did a lot of small regional tournaments but couldn't really do GG because i couldn't get out of school.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 9 2011, 06:05 AM) *
Lol You guys are ridiculous calling him a bum and shit. The dude is 22 years old and still has all the potential in the world, in fact he was winning that fight 5 rounds to 1 and I had him winning that 7th round until the knockdown and stoppage. You guys are judging this dude cus he gets a lil hype so alot of u hope he gets exposed and most of you guys have never seen more than a fight or a couple quick highlight vids. The kid got caught flush and it ended in his own demise.. But I still think the kid can definitely become a titleholder and if there were a rematch, i'd have my money on Lemieux to win the rematch judging by how he was doing vs. Rubio throughout the greater portion of the fight; granted, he's gotta do some fine tweaking but he'll be ok. Shiet, you fools act like cus a fighter gets caught by a good punch and loses a bout suddenly he's a bum not every1 that loses a bout automatically becomes a bum; That's jus the type of sport boxing is, every1 has a puncher's chance to win a fight.

what was there other than highlight vids? they matched him against such shitty opposition that he was blowing through all of them. he might have even blown a couple.

that shit wasn't just a fluke punch, Rubio came alive in the 2nd half of the fight. if not for that he would have kept getting knocked down and eventually he really would have been stopped, his trainer just knew it wasn't happening for him so he ended it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.