Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN2- Lemieux vs Rubio Fight Info.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 9 2011, 03:08 PM) *
maybe before. i don't see how you could believe some bullshit like that though J. was Mayweather/Marquez supposed to be a fight where the fighter had a chance? all through the rankings of boxing there are fights where if the favorite doesn't win it's an upset and most of the time it isn't by chance. there's a reason to fight people that have no chance and it's because you get paid lol.

yeah i believe that what i said thats why i typed it... lol... a few people on this board felt marquez could win the fight... no matter how you try to twist it this is boxing... anything can happen at any given time... just cuzz you dont see something a certain way doesnt make it not so... lemieux isnt all of a sudden a trash fighter cuzz of one loss... and you say that like rubio is just a punk fighter?... lol... the guy is a seasoned vet.... he is supposed to have some kind of a chance vs such a green kid...

hopkins lost his first fight... guys like freddie pendleton where less than .500 fighters at certain points of their careers... and to compare a mayweather fight to a lemieux type of fighter at this stage of his career is a little far left dont you think?... thats an apples and oranges type of comparison...
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2011, 02:47 PM) *
I was drinking last night... Maidana isn't a bum... He's a C fighter with a heart! He was a second away from losing 1 round KOs to Ortiz and Khan. He also went life and death with Corely who is more shot than Morales.

Morales looked like shit at the weigh in so I'm worried somewhat... But DAMN!... the skill gap between the two is so far apart!

Fitz, I'm never one to bite my tongue when it comes to fight predictions... especially big fights.

Maidana may prove to be too much for Morales in this one but Corley and make it a fight then Morales can as well.

Chop Chop also rocked Mayweather Jr but this is different!
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 9 2011, 01:08 PM) *
maybe before. i don't see how you could believe some bullshit like that though J. was Mayweather/Marquez supposed to be a fight where the fighter had a chance? all through the rankings of boxing there are fights where if the favorite doesn't win it's an upset and most of the time it isn't by chance. there's a reason to fight people that have no chance and it's because you get paid lol.

or he was matched poorly and they did nothing to make him grow as a fighter by feeding him no hopers. i don't think Lemieux minded since he called out Martinez. he's just another fighter that padded his resume then got exposed. if you want to talk shit like you're the best then you open yourself up for criticism. Lemieux did exactly that and lost to a B fighter.

i don't live in Mexico, i couldn't have turned pro at the ages i boxed lol. i wasn't bad, i did a lot of small regional tournaments but couldn't really do GG because i couldn't get out of school.

what was there other than highlight vids? they matched him against such shitty opposition that he was blowing through all of them. he might have even blown a couple.

that shit wasn't just a fluke punch, Rubio came alive in the 2nd half of the fight. if not for that he would have kept getting knocked down and eventually he really would have been stopped, his trainer just knew it wasn't happening for him so he ended it.

the kid turned pro when he was 18 who else were they gona match him up against? top contenders? seasoned veterans? fuck that, the kid has barely developed the strength and physique to be facing that level of opposition at such a young age and within the past year he's been stepping up the level of opposition and got caught by a solid punch by Rubio, it's as easy as that. Yea Rubio was coming alive, but Lemieux was clearly winning the fight 5 rounds to 1 and was looking to take that 7th round as well before the knockdown. Shit, a kid with high expectations who shows all the potential in the world loses a bout and he never lives it down; i mean, Even if the kid didn't lose he'd still be considered a "hype job" by every1 and his opposition still wouldn't have been good enough smh. just like how people continue to rag on Khan for being overrated cus he got caught flush and lost ONE fight, the fact he was able to stand in there and survive the final 3 rounds with Maidana means nothing to people despite the tenacity he displayed staying up and not going down. the kid is 22, young and was fighting a good fight. he clealry needs to go back to the drawing board and fix things up but the kid is still capable of big things just cus he loses ONE fight doesn't mean shit, give him an opportunity to bounce back, one loss doesn't mean the end of a career by any means
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 9 2011, 05:29 PM) *
Chop Chop also rocked Mayweather Jr but this is different!

Yes... yeaaaarrrrrsssssss ago and Mayweather still won 90% of that fight!
The CEO
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 9 2011, 02:01 AM) *
Lol, its cool. It's just that once someone loses who is considered to have a bright future, you get guys saying I told you so and calling fighters chumps. I hate when people call fighters chumps or bums when said people have no idea what it takes to step in the ring. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

I hear you...I understand that...but I agree with Gravy and The Fonz...whether they've boxed or not...

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 9 2011, 02:25 AM) *
i've been calling this cat garbage since someone on here said he'd be ready for Martinez in a year and a half and before that i didn't care about him because he's just someone knocking out bums in Canada. he was garbage and is garbage, he never proved anything and ran up his record against cab drivers.

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Apr 9 2011, 11:37 AM) *
I went to sleep after the second round but before going to sleep I remember thinking "There is nothing in Lemieux fight game that Serggio can't handle." Then I wake up to find out the he got KOed by fucking Rubio. What a hype job LOL. I'm starting to think that all of those Canadian fighters are part of one big hype machine and will get exposed very soon.

Yeah...he was the DEFINITION of a hypejob...

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Apr 9 2011, 03:46 AM) *
I'm extremely disappointed by the outcome of the fight and feel David was perhaps a victim of his own (relative) success.  He lacked the composure to be defensive in his work, and Rubio was avoiding most of what David threw..  Rubio was catching David with the jab, landing the straight over the top and generally taking him to school.  I feel David needs to find himself a better trainer, he needs to work on his footwork, he needs to move his head and he needs a degree of patience.  When a guy blazes through his opposition because they cannot take his big shots he usually fails to learn as a fighter.  When the big shots don't have the same affect as previously and his opponent is smarter it turns out very bad.  We've all seen this type of thing before hand.  Lemieux was throwing too much leather at Rubio's guard, he failed to even attempt to set the guy up and it all went monumentally bad for him when he got hurt.  The tide was never really turned,
David being the aggressor didn't fool me and I worried things were going to turn out bad for him midway through the fight.  Do I stick by my bold prediction whereby he will be the future of the division?  In a word....NO..  

What a classy post...you're alright.

In the end, I really don't understand any sympathy for this kid...he steps into the arena like he's Ric Flair in Charlotte, North Carolina...blazer with no tie, flashing his veneers and checkin' his Facebook on his new Android...

Sayin' he'll take Rubio out "when he feels like it" in the dressing room before the fight...

No...this one doesn't deserve the sympathy or the respect.

I love Boxing for many reasons...and one of my favorites is to see arrogant, protected punks like him go down hard...last night was a Feel Good Fight for me...

smile_anim.gif
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 9 2011, 04:54 PM) *
I hear you...I understand that...but I agree with Gravy and The Fonz...whether they've boxed or not...

Yeah...he was the DEFINITION of a hypejob...

What a classy post...you're alright.

In the end, I really don't understand any sympathy for this kid...he steps into the arena like he's Ric Flair in Charlotte, North Carolina...blazer with no tie, flashing his veneers and checkin' his Facebook on his new Android...

Sayin' he'll take Rubio out "when he feels like it" in the dressing room before the fight...

No...this one doesn't deserve the sympathy or the respect.

I love Boxing for many reasons...and one of my favorites is to see arrogant, protected punks like him go down hard...last night was a Feel Good Fight for me...

smile_anim.gif

lol good news for u but or the sport of boxing, boxing could use more fighters like Lemieux. Young kids with charisma, fan appeal and KO power who can draw big crowds and generate more revenue that most world champs...regardless of the win, Rubio doesn't and isn't gonna attract flies.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was one hell of a fight. Lemieux came out guns blazing, but Rubio survived those first four rounds just like he wanted to. I didn't know if he would make it out of the 1st, and Rubio was stunned pretty badly. Lemeiux just needs to learn how to fight with more control and relax in the ring a little more. He has solid power, an agressive style, and he has some good hand speed as well. Lemeiux was winning the fight up until the stoppage, but Rubio caught him good. Rubio has always been a solid fighter. He gave Kassim Ouma all he could handle, when Ouma was in his prime. FNF needs more matches like these, and I think they have done a good job this season of providing solid fights.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 9 2011, 05:22 PM) *
yeah i believe that what i said thats why i typed it... lol... a few people on this board felt marquez could win the fight... no matter how you try to twist it this is boxing... anything can happen at any given time... just cuzz you dont see something a certain way doesnt make it not so... lemieux isnt all of a sudden a trash fighter cuzz of one loss... and you say that like rubio is just a punk fighter?... lol... the guy is a seasoned vet.... he is supposed to have some kind of a chance vs such a green kid...

hopkins lost his first fight... guys like freddie pendleton where less than .500 fighters at certain points of their careers... and to compare a mayweather fight to a lemieux type of fighter at this stage of his career is a little far left dont you think?... thats an apples and oranges type of comparison...

it's a case of a huge mismatch where it wasn't going to be any competition at all. people can give it a chance all they want to but if they're not willing to lay some money on it then it's just talking. i really doubt anyone would have put money on Marquez over Mayweather, at most someone may have bet on the scores and given him a couple rounds.

Lemieux isn't all of a sudden a trash fighter, he's been. he just looked good because there was nobody in front of him. the Detroit Lions would look like the baddest motherfuckers in the NFL if they played against a high school team but that translates to nothing once they step it up. he's the potential to rebound since he's still young but i really doubt he'll beat any top 160 lber. Rubio is seasoned, i'm not denying that, but facts are facts and he hasn't had much opposition since his loss to Pavlik and on paper should have been an easy fight for Lemieux. i really just thought this would be about like Pac/Clottey but i'm happy to see Rubio stop Lemieux, hopefully the man starts fighting more because he can be competitive if he just doesn't let himself get outworked. Rubio coming in as a unranked 8/1 underdog wasn't unfair to him either and Lemieux and his team very much thought as this as just an easy way to a title.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 9 2011, 05:40 PM) *
the kid turned pro when he was 18 who else were they gona match him up against? top contenders? seasoned veterans? fuck that, the kid has barely developed the strength and physique to be facing that level of opposition at such a young age and within the past year he's been stepping up the level of opposition and got caught by a solid punch by Rubio, it's as easy as that. Yea Rubio was coming alive, but Lemieux was clearly winning the fight 5 rounds to 1 and was looking to take that 7th round as well before the knockdown. Shit, a kid with high expectations who shows all the potential in the world loses a bout and he never lives it down; i mean, Even if the kid didn't lose he'd still be considered a "hype job" by every1 and his opposition still wouldn't have been good enough smh. just like how people continue to rag on Khan for being overrated cus he got caught flush and lost ONE fight, the fact he was able to stand in there and survive the final 3 rounds with Maidana means nothing to people despite the tenacity he displayed staying up and not going down. the kid is 22, young and was fighting a good fight. he clealry needs to go back to the drawing board and fix things up but the kid is still capable of big things just cus he loses ONE fight doesn't mean shit, give him an opportunity to bounce back, one loss doesn't mean the end of a career by any means

if they increased his quality of opposition instead of giving him bums that didn't stand a chance he might not have got stopped by Rubio. all Lemieux and his team did was sandbag. you can't expect to get better at anything if you don't challenge yourself.

i don't see why people bring up Khan, they've about the same amount of fights but Khan already stepped it up and did it after getting his ass kicked. he called out Maidana and beat him. Lemieux has done what, fight a B fighter? Khan has done much more with his number of fights than Lemieux and will most likely be fighting Bradley while Lemieux is still fighting cab drivers. there's a chance Lemieux can rebound but i really don't see him ever living up to his hype or what he thought he was when he was beating up on cans.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 9 2011, 08:20 PM) *
lol good news for u but or the sport of boxing, boxing could use more fighters like Lemieux. Young kids with charisma, fan appeal and KO power who can draw big crowds and generate more revenue that most world champs...regardless of the win, Rubio doesn't and isn't gonna attract flies.

maybe Canadian boxing, this cat wasn't doing anything for the sport. if anything he should have got some real challenges before even being able to fight in a title eliminator. Rubio might not attract flies but he sure can send fools running to their dressing room.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 9 2011, 07:21 PM) *
it's a case of a huge mismatch where it wasn't going to be any competition at all. people can give it a chance all they want to but if they're not willing to lay some money on it then it's just talking. i really doubt anyone would have put money on Marquez over Mayweather, at most someone may have bet on the scores and given him a couple rounds.

Lemieux isn't all of a sudden a trash fighter, he's been. he just looked good because there was nobody in front of him. the Detroit Lions would look like the baddest motherfuckers in the NFL if they played against a high school team but that translates to nothing once they step it up. he's the potential to rebound since he's still young but i really doubt he'll beat any top 160 lber. Rubio is seasoned, i'm not denying that, but facts are facts and he hasn't had much opposition since his loss to Pavlik and on paper should have been an easy fight for Lemieux. i really just thought this would be about like Pac/Clottey but i'm happy to see Rubio stop Lemieux, hopefully the man starts fighting more because he can be competitive if he just doesn't let himself get outworked. Rubio coming in as a unranked 8/1 underdog wasn't unfair to him either and Lemieux and his team very much thought as this as just an easy way to a title.

if they increased his quality of opposition instead of giving him bums that didn't stand a chance he might not have got stopped by Rubio. all Lemieux and his team did was sandbag. you can't expect to get better at anything if you don't challenge yourself.

i don't see why people bring up Khan, they've about the same amount of fights but Khan already stepped it up and did it after getting his ass kicked. he called out Maidana and beat him. Lemieux has done what, fight a B fighter? Khan has done much more with his number of fights than Lemieux and will most likely be fighting Bradley while Lemieux is still fighting cab drivers. there's a chance Lemieux can rebound but i really don't see him ever living up to his hype or what he thought he was when he was beating up on cans.

maybe Canadian boxing, this cat wasn't doing anything for the sport. if anything he should have got some real challenges before even being able to fight in a title eliminator. Rubio might not attract flies but he sure can send fools running to their dressing room.

You clearly don't know much about Lemieux if you have a problem with the quality of oppositions. THe dude has been raised very well by his management team, just last year he fought aseasoned veteran in Walid Smichet and Hector Camacho Jr. and Elvin Ayala, a dude who drew with Sergio Mora and challenged Arthur Abraham for the title and went 12 rounds. Those dudes all have tons of experience and i don't know about ubut I wouldn't call a dude who challenges for a title and draws with world champs a taxi driver.

I bring up Khan cus Khan is a similar same case in point; he was knocked out by a huge underdog in a fight by a solid punch and every1 started coming out calling Khan overrated with a padded record who fought tomato cans and expired veterans. motherfuckers were judging a fighter's entire career and potential based on one fight....now he's got a world title and beating opposition that are way better and way heavier hitters than Prescott at lightweight. Difference between Lemieux and Khan in their losses is Khan was stopped by one punch and out, while Lemieux was dominating Rubio and looked like he was going to end the fight early till Rubio scored big with a solid punch but he was virtually down 6-1 on the cards. You act like Rubio wiped the floor with this kid when it was the other way around for the greater majority of the fight.

If filling up stadiums, generating solid revenue, getting views on national television and bringing excitement isn't good for boxing (only Canadian boxing) then what is good for boxing? You jus hatin' cus Canada actually support and stand behind their fighters and dish out some money to watch them on TV and in the stadiums, while alot of Americans either don't know or give a fuck about most of their fighters.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 9 2011, 05:05 AM) *
Lol You guys are ridiculous calling him a bum and shit. The dude is 22 years old and still has all the potential in the world, in fact he was winning that fight 5 rounds to 1 and I had him winning that 7th round until the knockdown and stoppage. You guys are judging this dude cus he gets a lil hype so alot of u hope he gets exposed and most of you guys have never seen more than a fight or a couple quick highlight vids. The kid got caught flush and it ended in his own demise.. But I still think the kid can definitely become a titleholder and if there were a rematch, i'd have my money on Lemieux to win the rematch judging by how he was doing vs. Rubio throughout the greater portion of the fight; granted, he's gotta do some fine tweaking but he'll be ok. Shiet, you fools act like cus a fighter gets caught by a good punch and loses a bout suddenly he's a bum not every1 that loses a bout automatically becomes a bum; That's jus the type of sport boxing is, every1 has a puncher's chance to win a fight.

Cosign,

David was doing well up until he got caught like in the round before the stoppage, and we know that old Rubio can still crack. He did well in round 6 countering off the ropes and setting things up for the 7th round stoppage. But David was clearly up 5-1 before the stoppage.

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 9 2011, 09:21 PM) *

As far as the mayweather comparison... again... nobody really knew what type of mayweather we where going to see and yes some people did give marquez a chance and yes some did bet on marquez... i dont know about on this site if any one actually bet on marquez but he did get play at the casinos but the fact is in this sport a fighter of mayweathers status or any other fighter consider p4p or a great fighter for the time can on any given night be shocked and ko'd and or beaten by a lesser fighter thats figured by the general public to not be on that fighters level... the sport is full of those stories and the sport thrives off of those types of nights... upsets are very good for the sport and keeps interest in the sport... thats why there is betting on the fights with odds... chances decrease depending on who a certain fighter is facing or increase but i wouldnt care if mayweather stepped in the ring with vivian harris who just got stopped in one this past week... no matter how you try to twist it harris would have a chance in the fight till mayweather showed otherwise... im sure you will say mayweather wipes the floor with harris as most logical people would but truth is we dont know till they fight... at this particular time that wold be an assumption because the fight has not happened yet... they could fight and harris throws a fluke punch and ko mayweather... just saying... that is the point im trying to get you to see that nothing is a given in this sport till it actually goes down...

i used mayweather vs marquez as an example and i used khan cuzz its the perfect example of a highly touted contender getting beat in a pretty similar fashion to lemieux by a fighter that wasnt supposed to have a shot... up till that point you can argue khans level of opposition as well... matter of fact rubio was a much bigger name in boxing than prescott was... prescott was considered young and untested with a big punch and khan hadnt fought any real fighters up till that point... actually lemieux if you wantto compare the two has fought the better comp leading into his loss than khan did since you went there to compre the opponents.... rubio is a fighter we know of and is a solid veteran professional that showed this kid he still needed some growth before moving up anymore in the ranks as they where trying to do.... rubio was the perfect test for the kid and actually lemieux was winning the fight when he got caught... he was passing his test for the most part.. as far as who he has fought... he has shown a steady upgrade in opponents in his last 10 fights... they all had winning records (over the .500 mark) and most of them where very solid fighters with wining records... so i dont see the point you are trying to make calling his opponents cab drivers...

like i said before... lemieux being only 22 for sure can rebound and i wouldnt call him a bum just like i wont call kirkland a bum for the loss he took tonight... is kirkland all of a sudden a bum for the way he got destroyed tonight?.... if you consider lemieux a bum then kirkland surely is a bum as well if i am too judge off the logic you are using... matter a fact maidana can be labaled a bum as well cuzz most on this board figured morales was shot to shit and some even feared for his safety... so i guess maidana should be considered a bum too cuzz personally i thought morales gained a draw or it should have gone either way by a poit or two but a non bum would have and should have finished the washed up morales quick right?.. just saying man i dont know if you just have a HATE for lemieux or if you are just too critical of the guy in general but it happens... he took a minor step back... either way just try to remember he's still a kid... he has plenty of time to rebound and correct his mistakes... and to tell you if they work on the kids cardio and endurance id favor him over rubio in a rematch... you act like rubio dominated the dude the whole fight...
Snoop
Just watched the fight and my first impression is that Lemieux getting exposed is worlds apart from Kirkland getting exposed, as it seems some people are comparing the two. Lemieux's loss seemed to be a result of miscalculating the fight and underestimating his opponent. I also think he could have potentially survived being hurt but his corner probably thought it better to fight another day. But after reading some of the comments on this thread, it sounds like Lemieux was a cocky little shit so he probably got the humble pie he was asking for.

laugh.gif

Kirkland, on the other hand, got exposed for having no chin. Ain't much you can do about that except maybe learn how to protect that chin.

Either way, both these guys need to learn how to tie up a fighter when they're hurt and stop relying on their power/aggressiveness, but from what saw, Lemieux has a better chance of salvaging his career than Kirkland does. Maybe these two need to face each other in the ring.

dntknw.gif

And BTW, wasn't the ref in that fight Marlon B Wright?
mexi-cutioner
GravyTrain's a hater! Lemieux will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good.gif lol but in alll seriousness I had more faith in Lemieux coming up than when Bute, Pascal, Molitor, DIaconu and the other canucks in the game were coming up. Hopefully this loss serves as a goood lessson and he makes his way back up someday
gravytrain
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 10 2011, 02:45 AM) *
You clearly don't know much about Lemieux if you have a problem with the quality of oppositions. THe dude has been raised very well by his management team, just last year he fought aseasoned veteran in Walid Smichet and Hector Camacho Jr. and Elvin Ayala, a dude who drew with Sergio Mora and challenged Arthur Abraham for the title and went 12 rounds. Those dudes all have tons of experience and i don't know about ubut I wouldn't call a dude who challenges for a title and draws with world champs a taxi driver.

I bring up Khan cus Khan is a similar same case in point; he was knocked out by a huge underdog in a fight by a solid punch and every1 started coming out calling Khan overrated with a padded record who fought tomato cans and expired veterans. motherfuckers were judging a fighter's entire career and potential based on one fight....now he's got a world title and beating opposition that are way better and way heavier hitters than Prescott at lightweight. Difference between Lemieux and Khan in their losses is Khan was stopped by one punch and out, while Lemieux was dominating Rubio and looked like he was going to end the fight early till Rubio scored big with a solid punch but he was virtually down 6-1 on the cards. You act like Rubio wiped the floor with this kid when it was the other way around for the greater majority of the fight.

If filling up stadiums, generating solid revenue, getting views on national television and bringing excitement isn't good for boxing (only Canadian boxing) then what is good for boxing? You jus hatin' cus Canada actually support and stand behind their fighters and dish out some money to watch them on TV and in the stadiums, while alot of Americans either don't know or give a fuck about most of their fighters.

Ayala got knocked out against Abraham and really wasn't doing too well after the first few round of a fight Abraham always took off. once Abraham started fighting Abraham was winning and in round 12 he stopped him. he got a draw with Mora like 3 years prior to fighting Lemieux. after the loss and draw what did he do? same with the other fighters you mentioned. his management wanted to keep seeing the same early stoppages because that's what got Lemieux so much attention, they weren't worried about gradually increasing the quality of opposition. after Raines he should have stepped it up in the rankings but they just kept matching him up with fighters he should have and did end it early against.

Khan is overrated, Bradley is going to beat the brown off of him. Lemieux however wasn't looking so nice once Rubio started fighting in the 5th and was gradually broken down and beaten until it got stopped in round 7. this wasn't 1 shot, it's being in the ring with someone that turned out to be a live opponent.

Americans have a lot of options when it comes to boxing, all the real fighters want to make it here. domestic fighters and fighters from abroad get some attention from the boxing public here. Americans just can't get behind some Lemieux like fighter because we support guys that actually have enough balls to stay in the ring and do an interview after a loss cool.gif .

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 10 2011, 03:50 AM) *
As far as the mayweather comparison... again... nobody really knew what type of mayweather we where going to see and yes some people did give marquez a chance and yes some did bet on marquez... i dont know about on this site if any one actually bet on marquez but he did get play at the casinos but the fact is in this sport a fighter of mayweathers status or any other fighter consider p4p or a great fighter for the time can on any given night be shocked and ko'd and or beaten by a lesser fighter thats figured by the general public to not be on that fighters level... the sport is full of those stories and the sport thrives off of those types of nights... upsets are very good for the sport and keeps interest in the sport... thats why there is betting on the fights with odds... chances decrease depending on who a certain fighter is facing or increase but i wouldnt care if mayweather stepped in the ring with vivian harris who just got stopped in one this past week... no matter how you try to twist it harris would have a chance in the fight till mayweather showed otherwise... im sure you will say mayweather wipes the floor with harris as most logical people would but truth is we dont know till they fight... at this particular time that wold be an assumption because the fight has not happened yet... they could fight and harris throws a fluke punch and ko mayweather... just saying... that is the point im trying to get you to see that nothing is a given in this sport till it actually goes down...

i used mayweather vs marquez as an example and i used khan cuzz its the perfect example of a highly touted contender getting beat in a pretty similar fashion to lemieux by a fighter that wasnt supposed to have a shot... up till that point you can argue khans level of opposition as well... matter of fact rubio was a much bigger name in boxing than prescott was... prescott was considered young and untested with a big punch and khan hadnt fought any real fighters up till that point... actually lemieux if you wantto compare the two has fought the better comp leading into his loss than khan did since you went there to compre the opponents.... rubio is a fighter we know of and is a solid veteran professional that showed this kid he still needed some growth before moving up anymore in the ranks as they where trying to do.... rubio was the perfect test for the kid and actually lemieux was winning the fight when he got caught... he was passing his test for the most part.. as far as who he has fought... he has shown a steady upgrade in opponents in his last 10 fights... they all had winning records (over the .500 mark) and most of them where very solid fighters with wining records... so i dont see the point you are trying to make calling his opponents cab drivers...

like i said before... lemieux being only 22 for sure can rebound and i wouldnt call him a bum just like i wont call kirkland a bum for the loss he took tonight... is kirkland all of a sudden a bum for the way he got destroyed tonight?.... if you consider lemieux a bum then kirkland surely is a bum as well if i am too judge off the logic you are using... matter a fact maidana can be labaled a bum as well cuzz most on this board figured morales was shot to shit and some even feared for his safety... so i guess maidana should be considered a bum too cuzz personally i thought morales gained a draw or it should have gone either way by a poit or two but a non bum would have and should have finished the washed up morales quick right?.. just saying man i dont know if you just have a HATE for lemieux or if you are just too critical of the guy in general but it happens... he took a minor step back... either way just try to remember he's still a kid... he has plenty of time to rebound and correct his mistakes... and to tell you if they work on the kids cardio and endurance id favor him over rubio in a rematch... you act like rubio dominated the dude the whole fight...

i know nothing is a given in this sport but boxing is also filled with mismatches because mismatches still get the fighter and promoter paid, they could even get a title out of it[Alvarez]. it'd be like if Mayweather actually fought Spadafora, that shit is purely easy money and low risk/high reward.

records don't mean shit, how you beat them and the quality of opposition is everything. Lemieux's last 10 were largely domestic fighters fighting poor opposition in their home country and a lot had losses going into the fight. some even had losses by stoppage and KO going into it. a guy like his previous opponent Purnell Gates last 5 opponents were 27-65-3 and dude is in his late 30s. this wasn't just Lemieux getting caught either, Lemieux was getting roughed up in the 6th and got stopped in the 7th.

Kirkland was a hot prospect before but he did nothing to show he's back and got stopped. he's officially bum status. same with Lemieux, he got an opponent that took the fight to him in the middle part of the fight and folded. he might have won the first 5 but the 6th on was a fight and we saw how long it lasted.

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 10 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Just watched the fight and my first impression is that Lemieux getting exposed is worlds apart from Kirkland getting exposed, as it seems some people are comparing the two. Lemieux's loss seemed to be a result of miscalculating the fight and underestimating his opponent. I also think he could have potentially survived being hurt but his corner probably thought it better to fight another day. But after reading some of the comments on this thread, it sounds like Lemieux was a cocky little shit so he probably got the humble pie he was asking for.

laugh.gif

Kirkland, on the other hand, got exposed for having no chin. Ain't much you can do about that except maybe learn how to protect that chin.

Either way, both these guys need to learn how to tie up a fighter when they're hurt and stop relying on their power/aggressiveness, but from what saw, Lemieux has a better chance of salvaging his career than Kirkland does. Maybe these two need to face each other in the ring.

dntknw.gif

And BTW, wasn't the ref in that fight Marlon B Wright?

i think it's hard to compare the 2. Lemieux was freer than braless tits and Kirkland had legal troubles that held him back from his boxing career, Lemieux's freedom gave him a lot more opportunities to grow as a fighter and refine his craft. staying out of the gym and out of the ring for a year is going to make you've some serious ring rust too. i'm not saying i called the upset with Kirkland but it's not like he didn't spend a year away from boxing while still being a developing fighter.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 10 2011, 06:59 PM) *
Ayala got knocked out against Abraham and really wasn't doing too well after the first few round of a fight Abraham always took off. once Abraham started fighting Abraham was winning and in round 12 he stopped him. he got a draw with Mora like 3 years prior to fighting Lemieux. after the loss and draw what did he do? same with the other fighters you mentioned. his management wanted to keep seeing the same early stoppages because that's what got Lemieux so much attention, they weren't worried about gradually increasing the quality of opposition. after Raines he should have stepped it up in the rankings but they just kept matching him up with fighters he should have and did end it early against.

Khan is overrated, Bradley is going to beat the brown off of him. Lemieux however wasn't looking so nice once Rubio started fighting in the 5th and was gradually broken down and beaten until it got stopped in round 7. this wasn't 1 shot, it's being in the ring with someone that turned out to be a live opponent.

Americans have a lot of options when it comes to boxing, all the real fighters want to make it here. domestic fighters and fighters from abroad get some attention from the boxing public here. Americans just can't get behind some Lemieux like fighter because we support guys that actually have enough balls to stay in the ring and do an interview after a loss cool.gif .

i know nothing is a given in this sport but boxing is also filled with mismatches because mismatches still get the fighter and promoter paid, they could even get a title out of it[Alvarez]. it'd be like if Mayweather actually fought Spadafora, that shit is purely easy money and low risk/high reward.

records don't mean shit, how you beat them and the quality of opposition is everything. Lemieux's last 10 were largely domestic fighters fighting poor opposition in their home country and a lot had losses going into the fight. some even had losses by stoppage and KO going into it. a guy like his previous opponent Purnell Gates last 5 opponents were 27-65-3 and dude is in his late 30s. this wasn't just Lemieux getting caught either, Lemieux was getting roughed up in the 6th and got stopped in the 7th.

Kirkland was a hot prospect before but he did nothing to show he's back and got stopped. he's officially bum status. same with Lemieux, he got an opponent that took the fight to him in the middle part of the fight and folded. he might have won the first 5 but the 6th on was a fight and we saw how long it lasted.

i think it's hard to compare the 2. Lemieux was freer than braless tits and Kirkland had legal troubles that held him back from his boxing career, Lemieux's freedom gave him a lot more opportunities to grow as a fighter and refine his craft. staying out of the gym and out of the ring for a year is going to make you've some serious ring rust too. i'm not saying i called the upset with Kirkland but it's not like he didn't spend a year away from boxing while still being a developing fighter.

Mr. Lemieux hater, i'm quoting u on that Khan getting the brown beaten off of him by Bradley, I have it the other way around. Would u like to make a wager on it????
caneman
No matter what, at least he didn't fold like a chair by glancing punches like Kirkland! He can adjust & come back...Kirkland either took a fix or is a str8 bitch!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I think Lemieux can come back, unlike Kirkland he was in with decent opposition and held his own to some extent.

He is young, unpolished and can improve but these are the least of his worries. What concerns me more is the lack of 'dog' he showed when he got hurt. Earlier I compared him to Nigel Benn in style, mainly the way he pivots when he throws those hooks to the body. But what he didn't show that Benn did (as do all the greats) was that ability to bite down and fight back hard when he gets hurt.

I don't think this can be learned either, it is within the fighter's character or it isn't. His body language became very submissive, even between rounds and also at the end when his corner stopped it. He just looked mildly disappointed. I know it's a tough sport, but the way you react when you get hurt is what seperates the men from the boys. I'm not sure I saw enough fight in Lemieux when it counted and I bet future opponents will pick up on it as well.

Maybe it's all been a little but easy for him, the kid obviously possess some power, has a fun style is young and has a solid fan base both male and female, right SENTRAL? haha (the first black James bond will be next .)

Could be he's just a smoke and mirrors job, but I still say has more potential than Kirkland. Probably a staple on Friday night Fights for years to come.

gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 10 2011, 10:41 PM) *
No matter what, at least he didn't fold like a chair by glancing punches like Kirkland! He can adjust & come back...Kirkland either took a fix or is a str8 bitch!

i think he needed a loss to be honest, his ego was out of control and he just didn't have the record to back up his claims. break down Martinez and stop him? LOL. not to mention he was thinking Rubio would be a pushover. i think it's just too comfortable for him before, he's a guy 25-0 selling out an arena because people wanted to see him taking guys out early. now i think they match him more evenly so he can actually put some rounds in and learn. i think he'll have some really tough fights with the current crop of MWS, the top ones anyway, but he could possibly beat someone at the top but not Maravilla.

i think Kirkland just thought it's going to be way too easy and walked into punches.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 10 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Mr. Lemieux hater, i'm quoting u on that Khan getting the brown beaten off of him by Bradley, I have it the other way around. Would u like to make a wager on it????

if you want to sig bet i'll do it. the money would be nice but I'd rather have your avatar as a gif of Lemieux getting stopped.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 10 2011, 08:59 PM) *

i see you are stuck in your opinion and it is much respected... its yours... i will respectfully disagree... 1 loss doesnt put a fighter into bum status in my view but hey... you have your own views on how things roll... lol.... we all do for that matter... just as the case of mayweather and spad... yeah id pick mayweather to win all day long if they fight but i wont call it a win till they fight, the final bell sounds and mays hand is raised in victory... anything can happen with those 12 rounds or less of action...
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 10 2011, 11:11 PM) *
if you want to sig bet i'll do it. the money would be nice but I'd rather have your avatar as a gif of Lemieux getting stopped.

Deal, and if Khan beats Bradley, you've gotta make the pic posted as your avatar and your signature has to be "David Lemieux #1 P4P fighter in the world from the #1 P4P Country in the world! OH CANADA!!!! <3 <3 <3"

mexi-cutioner
The above sig and avatar may change if I come up with something else i like better
Maxy
Just seen the Lemieux fight and the fella definitely needs a lot of work if he's to make the grade. Only 22 so still has time and this will either prove to be the eye opener his career needed or he'll regress and just become one of those hyped up fighters who never quite cut it. Definitely no Nigel Benn about this fella though but I'll reserve judgment on him...Benn was 22-0 with 22 KO's when he got stopped by Watson but he made a great career for himself in the long run.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 11 2011, 02:50 AM) *
i see you are stuck in your opinion and it is much respected... its yours... i will respectfully disagree... 1 loss doesnt put a fighter into bum status in my view but hey... you have your own views on how things roll... lol.... we all do for that matter... just as the case of mayweather and spad... yeah id pick mayweather to win all day long if they fight but i wont call it a win till they fight, the final bell sounds and mays hand is raised in victory... anything can happen with those 12 rounds or less of action...

it's not that he lost. it's how he lost, who he lost to, and the hype surrounding the guy. this guy was ranked by everyone in the top 10 or right outside of it by everyone at MW and in my opinion didn't really have the body of work to justify it. he did have a high activity level but taking on guys that got knocked out their fight before you and have lost 3/5 going into a fight with you isn't going to help you grow as a fighter just provide somebody to stop in 2 rounds. i think this fight really showed that Lemieux was being matched more for the money and entertaining the fans than helping him grow as a fighter and that his skill level was really overestimated because of all the stoppages.

he's not a bum because he got beat, he's a bum because i really have my doubts how well he'll do in the ring with the top guys of the division and in my opinion is going to be even more of a bust than he already is. this cat is going to be the Sebastian Telfair of boxing.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 11 2011, 03:33 AM) *
Deal, and if Khan beats Bradley, you've gotta make the pic posted as your avatar and your signature has to be "David Lemieux #1 P4P fighter in the world from the #1 P4P Country in the world! OH CANADA!!!! <3 <3 <3"

i'll be on the nuts of Lemieux like it's JLo's ass.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 11 2011, 09:53 PM) *
it's not that he lost. it's how he lost, who he lost to, and the hype surrounding the guy. this guy was ranked by everyone in the top 10 or right outside of it by everyone at MW and in my opinion didn't really have the body of work to justify it. he did have a high activity level but taking on guys that got knocked out their fight before you and have lost 3/5 going into a fight with you isn't going to help you grow as a fighter just provide somebody to stop in 2 rounds. i think this fight really showed that Lemieux was being matched more for the money and entertaining the fans than helping him grow as a fighter and that his skill level was really overestimated because of all the stoppages.

he's not a bum because he got beat, he's a bum because i really have my doubts how well he'll do in the ring with the top guys of the division and in my opinion is going to be even more of a bust than he already is. this cat is going to be the Sebastian Telfair of boxing.

i got you gravy... lol... well like i said you are entitled to your opinion.... i wasnt aware that kirkland came out of the penn and automatically recieved a ranking at mw... if that happened then i'll agree with you that was b.s... i back you all day long on that... as far as this japenese guy... again... i wont just totally dismiss the kid off this one loss.. i think the guy came here motivated and wasnt here to lay down for kirkland nor was he intimidated by the circumstances... and he is a former wba interim champion to boot so YOU can call the guy a scrub but he had to have displayed some type of skill at some point in his career to win a strap... even if it was a paper belt which is what he obviously held... bums dont get to the point of paper champion... they have something rather it be enough to beat the elite or not... but if you havent and the rest of you havent you might wanna check the guys boxrec like i just did to make sure im not missing anything.... most of Nobuhiro Ishida's losses came earlier in his career with his last fight before kirkland being a split decision loss where he lost the wba interim title via sd... prior to that he was on 11 fight streak where he had not lost a fight with 10 wins and 1 draw... you can argue the quality of opponents but a bum fighter just doesnt rack off that many wins in a row... call him a bum... call kirkland a bum... i am very confident in saying you are wrong in your assessment and any one that agrees with you is wrong as well but that is my opinion... i think the more likely scenario may be kirkland, while also needing better training if he is going to go far in the sport may have played a factor, ran into a fighter that is coming into his own as a fighter and his record shows that and what happened in the fight is the result of the very prepared up and comer unknown fighter for the most part other than that interim title he held briefly vs an over confident underprepared prospect that most people know of... im not gonna take away from this japanese kid who came here and fought his heart out and EARNED his win...

and kirkland a bum fighter?... not by any means.. he has beaten some descent fighters along the way... true bums dont rack up 27-0 24 ko's and knocking out joel julio and brian vera along the way... see that thinking has a trickle effect when you say that as to who are really bums in the sport... cuzz kirkland ko'd brian vera that just beat mora that drew with mosley and beat vernon forrest... and im using your method of logic here gravy and using your logic with knowing a bum fighter like kirkland as you consider him was good enough to walk through vera... well then vera must REALLY be a bum right?... which makes mora even more a bum right?... which makes shane mosley a shot bum and vernon forrest an even bigger bum than mora right?... just saying... nothing is ever exact in this sport... this type of stuff happens to fighters... its a part of the sport... kirkland needs a lot of work and better preperation and probably needs to go back to ann wolfe if he is going to reach the top... ALL DAY LONG..... but a bum... I'M not gonna label him a bum off one defeat...
SmartyBeardo
Lemieux has found his ceiling; long, tough, seasoned boxers with good chins and decent pop. His handlers can manage expectations and cherrypick opposition for him to KO in the tiny French CanadaLand aquarium for years to come, making plenty of money doing it.

Rubio was in control of this fight from round 3 on. He was just waiting for the opening while playing it safe and letting Lemieux wear down (with some help). Those who suggest that Lemieux's problem is that he burned himself out by throwing nothing but heat miss the point, entirely.

In order for Lemieux to succeed (outside of the tiny French CanadaLand aquarium) he must be Rocky Marciano reincarnated: tireless, relentless, unstoppable, with devastating power. Sorry Mexi-cutioner, Sentral, etc, Lemieux fails to measure up on any of those levels.

He was beaten down by a better boxer who was better trained, more determined and just flat out tougher. Rubio sonned Lemieux.

There are certain things that you cannot overcome in professional boxing without phenomenal toughness and/or spectacular speed. Bantamweight length arms at middleweight is one of those things.

Lemieux needs to go back to the gold fish bowl where he can be safe and fed well. He aint no Dempsey or Marciano or Frazier or Hagler or Mancini or Nigel Benn or Macho Camacho. He is a C level fighter (at best) who will always be nothing but food for the big fish.
The CEO
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 12 2011, 08:40 AM) *
Lemieux has found his ceiling; long, tough, seasoned boxers with good chins and decent pop. His handlers can manage expectations and cherrypick opposition for him to KO in the tiny French CanadaLand aquarium for years to come, making plenty of money doing it.

Rubio was in control of this fight from round 3 on. He was just waiting for the opening while playing it safe and letting Lemieux wear down (with some help). Those who suggest that Lemieux's problem is that he burned himself out by throwing nothing but heat miss the point, entirely.

In order for Lemieux to succeed (outside of the tiny French CanadaLand aquarium) he must be Rocky Marciano reincarnated: tireless, relentless, unstoppable, with devastating power. Sorry Mexi-cutioner, Sentral, etc, Lemieux fails to measure up on any of those levels.

He was beaten down by a better boxer who was better trained, more determined and just flat out tougher. Rubio sonned Lemieux.

There are certain things that you cannot overcome in professional boxing without phenomenal toughness and/or spectacular speed. Bantamweight length arms at middleweight is one of those things.

Lemieux needs to go back to the gold fish bowl where he can be safe and fed well. He aint no Dempsey or Marciano or Frazier or Hagler or Mancini or Nigel Benn or Macho Camacho. He is a C level fighter (at best) who will always be nothing but food for the big fish.

Well put, Bearded One....well put.

Rubio evaluated Lemieux' game and power, played him, and tucked him in...neatly.

Textbook stuff really...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 12 2011, 03:16 AM) *
i got you gravy... lol... well like i said you are entitled to your opinion.... i wasnt aware that kirkland came out of the penn and automatically recieved a ranking at mw... if that happened then i'll agree with you that was b.s... i back you all day long on that... as far as this japenese guy... again... i wont just totally dismiss the kid off this one loss.. i think the guy came here motivated and wasnt here to lay down for kirkland nor was he intimidated by the circumstances... and he is a former wba interim champion to boot so YOU can call the guy a scrub but he had to have displayed some type of skill at some point in his career to win a strap... even if it was a paper belt which is what he obviously held... bums dont get to the point of paper champion... they have something rather it be enough to beat the elite or not... but if you havent and the rest of you havent you might wanna check the guys boxrec like i just did to make sure im not missing anything.... most of Nobuhiro Ishida's losses came earlier in his career with his last fight before kirkland being a split decision loss where he lost the wba interim title via sd... prior to that he was on 11 fight streak where he had not lost a fight with 10 wins and 1 draw... you can argue the quality of opponents but a bum fighter just doesnt rack off that many wins in a row... call him a bum... call kirkland a bum... i am very confident in saying you are wrong in your assessment and any one that agrees with you is wrong as well but that is my opinion... i think the more likely scenario may be kirkland, while also needing better training if he is going to go far in the sport may have played a factor, ran into a fighter that is coming into his own as a fighter and his record shows that and what happened in the fight is the result of the very prepared up and comer unknown fighter for the most part other than that interim title he held briefly vs an over confident underprepared prospect that most people know of... im not gonna take away from this japanese kid who came here and fought his heart out and EARNED his win...

and kirkland a bum fighter?... not by any means.. he has beaten some descent fighters along the way... true bums dont rack up 27-0 24 ko's and knocking out joel julio and brian vera along the way... see that thinking has a trickle effect when you say that as to who are really bums in the sport... cuzz kirkland ko'd brian vera that just beat mora that drew with mosley and beat vernon forrest... and im using your method of logic here gravy and using your logic with knowing a bum fighter like kirkland as you consider him was good enough to walk through vera... well then vera must REALLY be a bum right?... which makes mora even more a bum right?... which makes shane mosley a shot bum and vernon forrest an even bigger bum than mora right?... just saying... nothing is ever exact in this sport... this type of stuff happens to fighters... its a part of the sport... kirkland needs a lot of work and better preperation and probably needs to go back to ann wolfe if he is going to reach the top... ALL DAY LONG..... but a bum... I'M not gonna label him a bum off one defeat...

you can go from being a great fighter to being a bum. look at SRR, dude went from being a living legend to being stopped by nobodies. it's a different situation but in a sport like boxing names on the resume are impressive but don't mean anything if you're losing and looking vulnerable, if you don't have it anymore your status can decline and you wont be the fighter you once were. Kirkland i think just needs more time in the ring but for the time being he isn't what he once was and isn't anything special right now. he can change my opinion on him but for now he's a bum because he just came in at his opponent time after time getting caught every time. that's showing me that he can't adapt, use defense, range, or pick shots.

the rest of it is really just a difference in opinion and since we've been through it i'm cool with saying we just think about things differently lol.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 12 2011, 03:13 PM) *
you can go from being a great fighter to being a bum. look at SRR, dude went from being a living legend to being stopped by nobodies. it's a different situation but in a sport like boxing names on the resume are impressive but don't mean anything if you're losing and looking vulnerable, if you don't have it anymore your status can decline and you wont be the fighter you once were. Kirkland i think just needs more time in the ring but for the time being he isn't what he once was and isn't anything special right now. he can change my opinion on him but for now he's a bum because he just came in at his opponent time after time getting caught every time. that's showing me that he can't adapt, use defense, range, or pick shots.

the rest of it is really just a difference in opinion and since we've been through it i'm cool with saying we just think about things differently lol.

you are right fighters can make that transformation... im just saying i cant say that bout kirkland or for lemieux for that matter after the one fight... maybe they have... but if they have we'll see it next time they fight in some form or fashion... but at the end of the day you know we good wavy gravy... lol... we just conversating...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 12 2011, 05:18 PM) *
you are right fighters can make that transformation... im just saying i cant say that bout kirkland or for lemieux for that matter after the one fight... maybe they have... but if they have we'll see it next time they fight in some form or fashion... but at the end of the day you know we good wavy gravy... lol... we just conversating...

i can see your point, it's hard to really say it about either fighter because both still have a lot to prove. i just think Lemieux wasn't the fighter the KO percentage showed him as and he'll have some real trouble in the MW division with his t rex arms. he's the power but he really just doesn't have the style or skill to deliver it and to deliver it he's gonna have to get close to guys that aren't just going to let him hit them. this loss to Rubio might be the beginning of the end for him as a legit ranked fighter. i kind of want to give the better shot to Kirkland because if he got with somebody like Naazim Richardson who has 2 fighters both close to retirement he'd be the main man and Richardson has the plans.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 12 2011, 09:55 PM) *
i can see your point, it's hard to really say it about either fighter because both still have a lot to prove. i just think Lemieux wasn't the fighter the KO percentage showed him as and he'll have some real trouble in the MW division with his t rex arms. he's the power but he really just doesn't have the style or skill to deliver it and to deliver it he's gonna have to get close to guys that aren't just going to let him hit them. this loss to Rubio might be the beginning of the end for him as a legit ranked fighter. i kind of want to give the better shot to Kirkland because if he got with somebody like Naazim Richardson who has 2 fighters both close to retirement he'd be the main man and Richardson has the plans.

Maybe Naazim can take some of that concrete he found in Margarito's gloves and glue it to Kirkland's chin.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 13 2011, 04:17 AM) *
Maybe Naazim can take some of that concrete he found in Margarito's gloves and glue it to Kirkland's chin.

or give him some of BHop's and Mosley's PEDs. that's really just some Ensure, Centrum Silver, and Viagra though. it very well might work though. if he doesn't just throw his chin out RJJ style he could have more success. i'm not sure how well the towel flying at his face will workout though, a large object flopping around by his face might remind him of the prison days.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 13 2011, 03:08 PM) *
a large object flopping around by his face might remind him of the prison days.

laugh.gif

More importantly Gravy, Naazim would have to be careful with those towels. Kirkland gets hit with one of them they may knock him out laugh.gif
Fitz
Finally watched the fight, and yes inexperience showed, but I think some are being pretty hard on Lemieux.

I was expecting Lemieux to have been exposed big time. I'm not saying he wasn't, because that is how the loss occurred, but he was controlling and dominating the fight. His problem I think is that he was too offensive minded, and didn't pace himself. He has clearly fallen in love with his power that so many punchers do, and went out of his way to look for the KO rather than just letting it come.
He needs to pick his shots better, and learn to counter a little bit. He didn't look like some defensive wizard or anything, but his defence wasn't terrible, he just got hit because he was too offensive minded and you do tend to get hit when you are in that frame of mind.
I don't think he can yet be classified as a total dud, I think he punches well but needs to polish up on some new things and start making some new habits in the ring. He is only 22, so on the bright side, he can learn from some of these things.
I understand he was hyped and being groomed as the next big thing, but I still don't think all is lost for him. I personally thought some were a bit hard on him, but time will tell.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 14 2011, 01:01 AM) *
Finally watched the fight, and yes inexperience showed, but I think some are being pretty hard on Lemieux.

I was expecting Lemieux to have been exposed big time. I'm not saying he wasn't, because that is how the loss occurred, but he was controlling and dominating the fight. His problem I think is that he was too offensive minded, and didn't pace himself. He has clearly fallen in love with his power that so many punchers do, and went out of his way to look for the KO rather than just letting it come.
He needs to pick his shots better, and learn to counter a little bit. He didn't look like some defensive wizard or anything, but his defence wasn't terrible, he just got hit because he was too offensive minded and you do tend to get hit when you are in that frame of mind.
I don't think he can yet be classified as a total dud, I think he punches well but needs to polish up on some new things and start making some new habits in the ring. He is only 22, so on the bright side, he can learn from some of these things.
I understand he was hyped and being groomed as the next big thing, but I still don't think all is lost for him. I personally thought some were a bit hard on him, but time will tell.

Co-Sign.

Bump!
The CEO
EXCELLENT bump...this fight made for great TV.

Lemieux walks out to that Written In The Stars song and gets taken out in front of all his hometown, garbage fans....LOL...that's PRICELESS shit.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 9 2011, 07:02 AM) *
EXCELLENT bump...this fight made for great TV.

Lemieux walks out to that Written In The Stars song and gets taken out in front of all his hometown, garbage fans....LOL...that's PRICELESS shit.

you're a clown CEO, get the fuck outta here!!

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 9 2011, 07:08 AM) *
Co-Sign.

Bump!

Does Amir know your making eyes at Lemieux? I'd keep that on the low down Mexi, things could get messy otherwise. You sure do have a thing for young studs with china chins laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 9 2011, 05:13 PM) *
you're a clown CEO, get the fuck outta here!!

laugh.gif

I was right about Lemieux...you were wrong...and it feels GREAT.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 11 2011, 07:50 AM) *
Does Amir know your making eyes at Lemieux? I'd keep that on the low down Mexi, things could get messy otherwise. You sure do have a thing for young studs with china chins laugh.gif

LOL...if I'm not mistaken, Mexi's trained in the same gym as Khan before...there's no telling how bad he was eyeing the chinless wonder....Khan must have felt very uncomfortable...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.