Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:Donaire vs. Montiel@9:45ET/6:45CT:SPOILERS 15 Mins Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For on-going action and post-fight reactions to the Donaire-Montiel fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
kidbazooka1
man can't waite for this one.

Montiel looked a little weight drained i know this is his last fight at 118lb so not sure how tough was the cut. Nonito looked much better.

I see Donaire useing his superior speed to take the early rds and go for the kill in the middle rds but either way it should be a good one.
Jack 1000
I am going for a DRAW. The odds are +2000 on a DRAW!

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn this fight has gone under the radar. I just haven't seen much hype on it, but I think it's one of the biggest fights to be made. It's really a pick-em and an even match. Donaire seems to fight to the level of his opposition. I didn't think he looked that impressive against Hernan Marquez last summer, but he has a nice jab and a great set of boxing skills. He's a couple inches taller than Montiel, so I think he'll try and make use of that jab. Montiel beat Hasegawa, and that was a fight between two top bantams. I think Montiel has solid boxing skills, and is a really good boxer-puncher. I see him bringing more pressure and trying to force the action. It will be a clash of styles, and there will be many close rounds. I think a draw is a great bet. However, I see the pressure of Montiel, trying to get on that inside, catching the judges eyes. I got Montiel by decision.
Byrd Man
I got Nonito by 6th round KO/TKO.
JLUVBABY
like ive been saying.. judging their body of work in their last few fights i dont see this fight going the distance... i see somebody getting ko'd or stopped... im excited.. interested to see what happens in the jones fight as well..
KookedKrack
WAR Montiel!!

would not be surprised if either get ko'd though should be a great scrap.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Anybody chatting for this fight?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Feb 19 2011, 09:46 PM) *
Anybody chatting for this fight?

I'll be there.
King Eugene
Jones looks like he's not going to make it past the tenth but he's doing a good job withstanding the pressure and slowing Soto down with those body shots.
King Eugene
Jones looked damn good in the 10th
King Eugene
Jones is a BIG ASS WELTERWEIGHT
gravytrain
nice scrap, Karass showed a lot of heart staying in the fight.
The CEO
Well Jones did what he should have done in the 1st fight...it puts him back on track...still a bit sloppy overall, especially his nonchalant circling...someone more active and accurate than Karass can beat him...

Sent via Hate Droid
caneman
That was a good fight IMO! Jones reminds me of a guy that just does what he has to, not a whole lot more though!

I like both these guys here though! I am really looking forward to how their styles clash in the right & how the fight plays out!
D-MARV
WOW
caneman
BAMMMMMMMMMMMM! Good night! What a reaction that was, how he got up is unreal!
Mean Mister Mustard
That looked like it hurt.
salvador
Somehow I don't think Mares is going to be interested in fighting Donaire any time soon.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 19 2011, 11:16 PM) *
BAMMMMMMMMMMMM! Good night! What a reaction that was, how he got up is unreal!

i sure didn't think he was gonna get up.
JLUVBABY
not going 6... lol... maaan!!!
D-MARV
Greatest win for the Philippines in a VERY LONG TIME!!
JLUVBABY
imma say it again.. the kid is top 3 p4p... and could be ranked higher... not on a high off this fight i said it last week and got laughed at... lol... i love it...
Box in Hand
KO of the year thus far and one hell of a heart for Montiel for getting up. Beautiful counter left hook.
KookedKrack
How the fuck did Montiel even get up from that shot DAMN.......don't think anyone is going to want problems with him at this weight.
The CEO
and with that, Donaire moves ahead of Pacquiao on my P4P list...if they were both the same weight, Pacquiao would get decimated.
caneman
I like Donaire, he is a classy guy...I like where his head is & what a great fighter!
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 19 2011, 11:21 PM) *
and with that, Donaire moves ahead of Pacquiao on my P4P list...if they were both the same weight, Pacquiao would get decimated.

Mos def!

That win is better than anything Pac have done in a very long time.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 19 2011, 11:21 PM) *

So who is your top P4P fighters right now?
The CEO
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 19 2011, 11:19 PM) *

and America, D...Filipino AMERICAN, baby...

yes2.gif
BigG
Wowww.....well damn what can you....Donaire just beat a P4Per tonight...Montiel is one of the greats in these divisions..I'd like to see Donaire vs. the winner of Agbeko-Mares....
Box in Hand
The Ref is a retard in this one. Anytime a guy gets separated from his senses like Montiel did, "Don't let the fight continue"! Montiel did the fish dance on the floor, it was over the next two shots didn't need to be taken. Let him live to fight another day. Now Montiel is on the way to the hospital.
TheFonz
Why am I more impressed with Montiel?
TheFonz
Doniere is defnitely the man.
The CEO
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 19 2011, 11:25 PM) *
So who is your top P4P fighters right now?

I have Mayweather, Marquez, Martinez, and now Donaire ahead of him...
Mean Mister Mustard
BigG, I think Mares and Perez give him tougher fights than Agbeko. I think their tighter defense will serve them well, unlike Darchy and Montiel who were basically fighting with their hands down and susceptible to the left hook counters.

As for whether this win puts him ahead of Pacquiao. I disagree. It was damn impressive, but Pacquiao had a great 2008, 2009 and a respactable 2010 that still maintains his standing as the number 1 or 2 guy in the world. Donaire's win tonight was the best since 2007.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Feb 20 2011, 12:30 AM) *
Why am I more impressed with Montiel?

I was def more impressed with Donaire but just off the fact that Montiel was up before ten was amazing.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 19 2011, 11:32 PM) *
I have Mayweather, Marquez, Martinez, and now Donaire ahead of him...

Interesting rather I agree or not but PBF is kinda retired again IMO!
kidbazooka1
Tonight showed us that Nonito is gonna be a special fighter.

Montiel is the elite and was looking pretty damn good up until the KO but Donaire is destined for big things. With his skill, speed and power he'll beat anyone from 118-122lb.

Big props for Montiel for getting up you can tell by seeing him move around the way he did when he went down that he really wanted this fight.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn son, KO of the year right there. I didn't think Donaire's size would be that huge a factor. Montiel just looked small in there, and couldn't get anything going. He also just seemed to be looking for one big punch, as he winged some big right hands. Montiel just can't win on HBO, and Donaire is a beast.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 19 2011, 11:32 PM) *
BigG, I think Mares and Perez give him tougher fights than Agbeko. I think their tighter defense will serve them well, unlike Darchy and Montiel who were basically fighting with their hands down and susceptible to the left hook counters.

As for whether this win puts him ahead of Pacquiao. I disagree. It was damn impressive, but Pacquiao had a great 2008, 2009 and a respactable 2010 that still maintains his standing as the number 1 or 2 guy in the world. Donaire's win tonight was the best since 2007.

I can't give Pacquiao that much credit for his last 6 fights...to me, he was Great through the Marquez rematch...which I felt he lost.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 19 2011, 10:43 PM) *
Jones is a BIG ASS WELTERWEIGHT

I was thinking the same thing. Actually both of these guys look like middleweights.
BrutalBodyShots
What a shot. Donaire is just a good dude too which makes it even easier to be a fan of his.

I thought it was funny when asked about a mythical matchup with Pacquiao and he was like hell no lol.

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 19 2011, 11:39 PM) *
I can't give Pacquiao that much credit for his last 6 fights...to me, he was Great through the Marquez rematch...which I felt he lost.

I guess he'd have to KO David Haye to impress you.
The CEO
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 19 2011, 11:43 PM) *
I guess he'd have to KO David Haye to impress you.

lol...that wouldn't impress me either...Montiel can probably take a better Heavyweight shot than Haye.
salvador
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Feb 19 2011, 11:19 PM) *

It was an amazing performance, but let's not get carried away. Pac-DLH and Pac-Marg were both surreal because Pac was the smaller guy in both.

It was a great win for Donaire and he's deserving of all the props he gets, but Pac has been on a streak that is almost inhuman.
caneman
QUOTE (salvador @ Feb 19 2011, 11:50 PM) *
It was an amazing performance, but let's not get carried away. Pac-DLH and Pac-Marg were both surreal because Pac was the smaller guy in both.

It was a great win for Donaire and he's deserving of all the props he gets, but Pac has been on a streak that is almost inhuman.

ONLY CAUSE OF PED's though...it even made his chin better! lmao!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (salvador @ Feb 19 2011, 11:50 PM) *

People will always jump to conclusions after a KO like that. But what Nonito did tonight was big to take out someone the level of Montile the way he did is huge.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 19 2011, 11:39 PM) *

I agree CEO. His best win IMO in his last handful of fights was against Clottey... and that win is only tainted due to Clottey's decision to throw 300 punches the whole fight for whatever reason. Not Pacquiao's fault, though.

BrutalBodyShots
Bring on Pacquiao vs Donaire @ 130. Pacquiao melts down to 130, making himself vulnerable doing so and Donaire hits the weights and bulks up 10-15 pounds slowly over 6 months. Throw the fight in the Philippines and it'll be huge.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.