Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fighthype consensus P4P top 10
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
and the NEW
Guys (and girls if there are any here).

I'm going to create a fighthype consensus pound for pound list.

Just put down your top 10 in order from 1 to 10.

You must enter exactly 10 for me to feed it into the spreadsheet, with the number 1 being given 10 points, down to the 10th guy getting 1 point, per list they make.

I will feed all the lists into a spreadsheet and tally the points to see what the fighthype average (consensus) P4P list is. Should be interesting.

I'll have to give a little more thought to my exact list, so will post it once I create it.

Cheers
BigG
Its hard for me to rate them.....because Mayweather is so inactive and I feel Nonito really proved himself against another P4Per in Montiel...I'll just list down 10

Mayweather
Pacquiao
Donaire
JM Marquez
Hopkins
Martinez
Lopez
Gamboa
Montiel
Ward

Agbeko
Froch
Mares
Darchinyan
Spyder
P4P lists should only include active fighters, not guys that are on an indefinite hiatus.

Unless of course we are making an All-time P4P list...then retired, incarcerated, and dead guys would also qualify.
ViperSniper
I think the p4p list at this point in time is so tight at the moment, everyone can have a solid argument over the other that so many fighters can be swapped around. Here's mine that got carried away..

1. Mayweather
2. Marquez
3. Martinez
4. Pacquaio
5. Donaire
6. Bradley
7. Hopkins
8. W.Klitschko
9. Ward
10. Froch

11. Agbeko
12. Pascal
13. Mares
14. Darchiniyan
15. Khan
16. Kessler
17. Bute
18. V.Klitschko
19. Lopez
20. Gamboa

21. Soto
22. Dawson
23. Haye
24. Segura
25. Montiel
Maxy
Mayweather doesn't fight anymore and has said he doesn't want to fight anymore so he should be excluded from any P4P list.
and the NEW
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 20 2011, 10:35 AM) *
Mayweather doesn't fight anymore and has said he doesn't want to fight anymore so he should be excluded from any P4P list.

Maxy, what's happening big man? Long time no see! You must be happy with the way United is going! smile.gif

On Mayweather, I thought he said he isn't fighting for the moment, but he may be back? Anyways, I am going to include him on my list for now anyways.
Maxy
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Feb 20 2011, 05:48 AM) *
Maxy, what's happening big man? Long time no see! You must be happy with the way United is going! smile.gif

On Mayweather, I thought he said he isn't fighting for the moment, but he may be back? Anyways, I am going to include him on my list for now anyways.

All good and the New. Yeah United are getting results but not playing great.

On Mayweather, he's too inactive to be considered for any P4P rankings IMO. His lack of fighting over the last 4 years is nothing short of a disgrace to be honest.
thehype
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 20 2011, 05:35 AM) *

Mayweather said that? Really?

dntknw.gif

That's news to me. He didn't tell me that last week.

laugh.gif

On a side note, let's try to stay on topic and not turn this into yet another Mayweather thread.

Provide your list or keep it moving.

laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 20 2011, 10:08 AM) *

On Mayweather, he's too inactive to be considered for any P4P rankings IMO. His lack of fighting over the last 4 years is nothing short of a disgrace to be honest.

I agree with this, 2 fights in 4 years is pitiful IMO!
JLUVBABY
I dont think there is a dispute who the best boxer on the planet is as of right now but i can agree with those that dont rank him due to activity... with that said, and this is not to show hate towards manny pac (my disclaimer... lol) but of the active fighters today i think donaire is a better talent than pac... if p4p means how fighters would stack up in a fight if the where fighting on an even playing field i think donaire wins that fight... the guy in my mind is a talent fighting and beating prime fighters and he is beginning to do it with ease... i think he is the best bantam weight in the world, i think he would be the best super bantam if he moved up today and i think he would be the second best feather if he moved up there.. and before some one says im high off the fight, wrong... ive been touting this kid since his last win... he's done came into his own and he's gonna be something else to beat... behind donaire i'd place martinez and pac 3...

My 4a is Juan Marquez Marquez... I think he is slipping... i feel his legs are slowly going... but he is solid at what he does still... until he loses at his weight and ill say 140 or less ill keep him at this point...

my 4b i would place carl froch, im loving what he's doing and how he's looking... The aa fight showed he can box a discplined fight a full 12 rounds which makes him very dangerous... the guy can box, brawl and he has a punch...

at 5 andre ward, if he gets past aa and can beat carl froch he will have a good claim for p4p number 1 as well in my opinion...

at 6 id say bernard hopkins, what he is doing at his age is phenominal and he's beating good solid fighters...

at number 7 id say vitali klitschko, i think he is the better of the two brothers all around, the best heavyweight in the world as of right now and most importantly while i talk shit on the guy its no question even in this weak division while i dont think he beats many of the greats styles make fights and there are some he would beat. he is the goods....

my number 8 would have to be, Chris John. The guy has only reigned as champ since 2003 and how he doesnt make peoples top 10 is beyond me... I think he is getting close to be at the end of his run as he is aging but he deserves to be on this list. jmm was supposed to take his title 5 years ago... he's done nothing but win...

At my 9th spot I'd place Lucian Bute... that andrade fight aside where he was put on his ass late and saved by the ref he appears to be getting better and better and cant wait to see him vs the super 6 winner...

My 10th spot would go to yuriorkis gamboa... I feel he should be ranked higher but arums reluctance to make the fight that matters (juanma) to the guy is holding back his progress in the p4p rankings in my opinion...
Maxy
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 20 2011, 02:28 PM) *
Mayweather said that? Really?

dntknw.gif

That's news to me. He didn't tell me that last week.

laugh.gif

On a side note, let's try to stay on topic and not turn this into yet another Mayweather thread.

Provide your list or keep it moving.

laugh.gif

Had a rethink...

D-MARV
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 20 2011, 04:45 PM) *
1. Pacquiao
2. Martinez
3. Donaire
4. Lopez
5. Marquez
6. Wonjongkam
7. Ward
8. Bradley
9. Hopkins
10. Froch

I never usually do lists...this probably shows why!

laugh.gif

Yes, I see why too, LOL... Just kiddin, though I think you have Lopez and WoJo to high!

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao
3. Donaire

In no order:
Marquez
Martinez
Ward
Lopez
Bradley
Hopkins
Wlad Klitschko
kidbazooka1
Pacqiuao
Mayweather
Martinez
Donaire
Marquez

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 20 2011, 09:08 AM) *

in all fairness maxy i dont think its a disgrace that he doesnt fight... id rather the guy not fight at all then watch him give half-ass efforts in fights he's not up for, even if the half efforts are winning dominant efforts (i wouldnt want to watch any fighter just going through motions to say he is fighting staying active)... if he doesnt wantto fight i can respect that much power to him is my thoughts on that... i think he has one other fight that he cares for... like i said i dont blame those that dont rank him pound for pound on their list... at the same time its funny knowing his presence looms in the sport still makes it kinda hard not too (because of his inactivity i based my rankings without him to keep the contrversy down... lol)... i have a question for you... what if he comes back one last time for the pac fight and beats him... does he become pound for pound again for that night or until he announces his next fight or retirement?... or what if he comes back, beats pac and just steps away without saying anything?... lol...just wondering how that would work...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Feb 20 2011, 07:15 PM) *
Pacqiuao
Mayweather
Martinez
Donaire
Marquez

This is my order also..

But on a different note concerning Mosely, not to jump off topic

How is a guy with no title nor near anyones P4P list get a shot at the number 1 P4P fighter?....

We all know why Im sure,.. Just wanted to make a quick point
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
1. Pacquiao
2. Mayweather
3. Donaire
4. Martinez
5. Marquez
6. Hopkins
7. Wonjongkam
8. Bradley
9. Ward
10. John

I guess I'm probably a lil high on Donaire at the moe, but until convinced otherwise I really do think he's that good.

and the NEW
1. Pacquiao
2. Mayweather
3. Donaire
4. Marquez
5. Ward
6. John
7. BHOP
8. Martinez
9. V Klit (unlike his brother, he doesn't succumb to one punch wonders).
10. Bradley

Other than my top 4, I could have any of the other guys in any order.

I'll wait until there are a few more lists up and will then compile the spreadsheet on the weekend, hopefully all members who want to be included on the consensus list will have their lists up by then.
Box in Hand
1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao
3. Martinez
4. Ward
5. Hopkins
6. Marquez
7.Donaire
8. Vitali Klits
9. Bradley
10. Lopez
Fitz
People aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. The guy is trying to do a consensus p4p list and asks for top 10. Then you have guys putting 5 names, then putting a list in nor particular order? Haha, jeez.

ATN, you should just ignore those lists, and I think there needs to be a list on whether Mayweather is included or not. He won't even rank in top 10 for some who don't include him and #1 on others. Which will throw it off. But because Mayweather has not retired, I am going to include him.

1. Mayweather
  2. Pacquiao
  3. Marquez
  4. Martinez
  5. Donaire
  6. Hopkins
  7. Bradley
  8. W. Klitschko
  9. Ward
  10. Froch

For me, depending if Hopkins wins and the fashion, he could slot back in at 3-4. This is probably one of the most competitive p4p lists in a while. Others that can come in at any time and just out are guys like Lopez, Gamboa, Williams, Dawson, Pascal, Soto, Mares, Agbeko, Khan, Darchinyan, Alexander. Plenty of guys that are about a very good performance from jumping in, and others in there are not far from jumping back out.
and the NEW
Yes, very good points Fitz, Mayweather has to either be included or not, on all lists. Considering the majority of lists include him, for those who didn't, can you please update your list assuming he is still being ranked in lists (not yet retired).

For those who included more than 10, I will just cut their list off at 10.

For those with less than 10, can you please include another 5 or it will not be included.

For those who don't have a particular order, I will use it as the order as typed (considering they are probably who came to mind first).

Agree Fitz, other than the top few, it is a very very competitive list, hard to make a call on a lot of those spots.
Big Slim Sweet
I hate these lists.

With that said

1) Pacquiao
2) Mayweather
3) Marquez
4) Donaire
5) Martinez
6) Hopkins
7) Bradley
8) Lopez
9) Ward
10) Froch
Fitz
Nice list Slim, I think we have the EXACT same list other than I have W.Klitschko and you have Lopez. It's like the exact same order and the change we do have is both our #8, haha.
Fitz
Oh wait, I have Mayweather at #1 and you have Pacquiao. But pretty close.
SmartyBeardo
1. SMartinez

2. Bradley

3. JMM

4. The Klit Siamese Twin Sisters

5. Donaire

6. Ward

7. Froch

8. BHop

9. PBF

10. Pac

Yes, I am serious.
and the NEW
That is an odd list Beardo, which Klit sister?

Maxy, can you please include Mayweather in your list where you would place him assuming he is not yet retired? Just to keep the criteria and therefore lists weighted accurately.

KidBazooka, you need to add numbers 6-10 to get your list included.

JLUVBABY, Gamboa will drop out of your list as you have two 4s, which will become 4 and 5 on your list in the spreadsheet. ALSO, can you please indicate whether you want Mayweather in the list (assuming he is being ranked and not retired for now and where you want to place him?). As said previously, need to do this to ensure the consistency of the rankings system.

On another note, not a lot of love for Pac over Mayweather. I agree with you below also Viper, that Pac and Mayweather need to work to be there, hence Pac has overtaken Mayweather on my list (despite the fact I think Mayweather would most likely beat him in a head to head).
ViperSniper
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 21 2011, 04:18 AM) *
1. SMartinez

2. Bradley

3. JMM

4. The Klit Siamese Twin Sisters

5. Donaire

6. Ward

7. Froch

8. BHop

9. PBF

10. Pac

Yes, I am serious.

Wow. Could you try your best to break some of your list down? Good list, just curious to see your reasons for your rankings on number 1, 2, 4, 9 & 10? lol

As for the more popular choice of Mayweather/Pacquaio being number one, I think both maybe getting used to being regarded so high they forgot they had to actually had to work to get there, and gotta continue. They are both treading on very thin ice with Mayweather not testing himself like he should and most importantly being inactive could drop him off the lists all together.

As for Manny his approach to not only choosing his own opponents but has the nerves to choose a poor selection of opponents over legit fights is hurting not only his p4p status but also his career. Both fighters are slackin big time which they haven't really raised the bar that high in recent years it's understandable many fighters a creeping up, if not, already over taken them on several p4p lists! Big things have happened in boxing in the last 6 months or so where a lot of fighters are either coming out of their shells or rising to the occasion.
True-Boxing-Fan
1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Sergio Martinez
3. Nonito Donaire
4. Floyd Mayweather
5. JM Marquez
6. Andre Ward
7. Tim Bradley
8. Carl Froch
9. JM Lopez
10. Vitali Klitschko
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Feb 20 2011, 10:44 PM) *
That is an odd list Beardo, which Klit sister?

Maxy, can you please include Mayweather in your list where you would place him assuming he is not yet retired? Just to keep the criteria and therefore lists weighted accurately.

KidBazooka, you need to add numbers 6-10 to get your list included.

JLUVBABY, Gamboa will drop out of your list as you have two 4s, which will become 4 and 5 on your list in the spreadsheet. ALSO, can you please indicate whether you want Mayweather in the list (assuming he is being ranked and not retired for now and where you want to place him?). As said previously, need to do this to ensure the consistency of the rankings system.

On another note, not a lot of love for Pac over Mayweather. I agree with you below also Viper, that Pac and Mayweather need to work to be there, hence Pac has overtaken Mayweather on my list (despite the fact I think Mayweather would most likely beat him in a head to head).

if we are including mayweather then i for sure rank him number 1 without a question... with donaire at number 2... and so on and so fourth...
Maxy
OK, I've completely changed my list for the sake of and the New thread. Whatever Mayweather told Hype ain't of any relevance though and I don't see Floyd fighting again before May which means he shouldn't be in any list but I'll bow down and put him in. He's dropped to 4 though due to inactivity. I'd like to put Gamboa in there but until he gets the big fight I can't justify it yet.

1. Pacquiao
2. Martinez
3. Donaire
4. Mayweather
5. Lopez
6. Marquez
7. Froch
8. Ward
9. Wonjongkam
10. Hopkins

Run and Gun Game Calls
1) Pacquiao
2) W. Klitchko
3) Mayweather
4) Marquez
5) Donaire
6) Martinez
7) Bradley
8) Lopez
9) Ward
10) Froch
gbh32001
1) Pacquiao
2) Mayweather
3) Marquez
4) Hopkins
5) Lopez
6) Bradley
7) Martinez
8) Donaire
9) Klitz
10) Another Clits

The CEO
1. Mayweather
2. Marquez
3. Martinez
4. Donaire
5. Pacquiao
6. Bradley
7. Ward
8. Hopkins
9. Wlad Klitschko
10. Segura
Nay_Sayer
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Marquez
Bradley
Martinez
Donaire
Ward
Lopez
Hopkins
Cotto

Spyder
Why is Marquez rated so highly by people?

That whoopin he took from a semi-retired fighter is not indicative of someone that belongs near the top of any p4p rankings.
Maxy
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 21 2011, 03:04 PM) *

That whoopin he took from a semi-retired fighter is not indicative of someone that belongs near the top of any p4p rankings.

I got him at 6.

My question is why ain't nobody recognizing the brilliant Wonjongkam?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 21 2011, 01:04 PM) *

Please name 5 active fighters who have a resume more impressive that Marquez'....
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 20 2011, 11:57 PM) *
Nice list Slim, I think we have the EXACT same list other than I have W.Klitschko and you have Lopez. It's like the exact same order and the change we do have is both our #8, haha.

The Klitschkos are a tough case for me with these lists. On the one hand, I try to weigh recent accomplishments and overall body of work more than anything else when doing these lists, and in that sense, they both are deserving of serious consideration. They've been running roughshod over their division for years now. Vitali hasn't lost in 8 years (although he didn't fight for 4 of them), and Wlad's embarrassing losses are now 7 years in the past. Since then they've been as dominant as any fighters out there. But this is mythical p4p, and the fact that they don't even face guys under that criteria in real life makes it tough for me to include them. I mean, their whole style is predicated on being much, much bigger than their opponents.

Big Slim Sweet
But otherwise nice list Fitz.

wink.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 21 2011, 03:04 PM) *

laugh.gif

I feel like Marquez doesn't get enough respect by a lot of folks here. He's been wiping out the B+/A- guys for years. His only recent losses were to the top two guys, once on a highly controversial decision and once when he jumped two divisions. The ironic thing is I don't even like him. I don't root for him at all, but the guy is still doing his thing. No way IMO relative newbies to the list like Sergio and Nonito belong above him just yet.
Spyder
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Feb 21 2011, 03:18 PM) *
Please name 5 active fighters who have a resume more impressive that Marquez'....

His resume means shit when it's realized that he's no longer the fighter he once was...
Big Slim Sweet
Hopkins is another one who's tough to place on these lists. Based on pure results (W-L), he doesn't belong in the top 10. But depending on how you view those fights, you could make a case for him still being top 4.
Spyder
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 21 2011, 03:44 PM) *
laugh.gif

I feel like Marquez doesn't get enough respect by a lot of folks here. He's been wiping out the B+/A- guys for years. His only recent losses were to the top two guys, once on a highly controversial decision and once when he jumped two divisions. The ironic thing is I don't even like him. I don't root for him at all, but the guy is still doing his thing. No way IMO relative newbies to the list like Sergio and Nonito belong above him just yet.

At one point I'd agree with you...but the way he looked against Floyd?!?

The man looked like he forgot how to fight. There is NO WAY that I'm gonna believe that THAT guy is one of the 10 best fighters on the planet.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 21 2011, 02:44 PM) *
His resume means shit when it's realized that he's no longer the fighter he once was...

He's only lost to the guy who's number one on the P4P list. I have no problems with overlooking that loss considering it was 2 or 3 weight classes above his prime fighting weight.

So again I ask, name 5 active fighters who have a more impressive resume than Marquez....
Big Slim Sweet
And one last thing, (Boy I'm writing a lot here for a guy who hates p4p lists), LMFAO at all the dudes here trying to justify not having Mayweather and Pacquiao as their top 2 in whatever order. I hate Floyd more than anyone, but I know what's what. They're the man (men).

I believe it was Ric Flair who said to be the man you have to beat the man. Beating Paul Williams or Fernando Montiel does not make you the man.
Maxy
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 21 2011, 03:50 PM) *
And one last thing, (Boy I'm writing a lot here for a guy who hates p4p lists), LMFAO at all the dudes here trying to justify not having Mayweather and Pacquiao as their top 2 in whatever order. I hate Floyd more than anyone, but I know what's what. They're the man (men).

I believe it was Ric Flair who said to be the man you have to beat the man. Beating Paul Williams or Fernando Montiel does not make you the man.

You can fuckin laugh all you want mate but at the end of the day Floyd Mayweather ain't fighting before May so we are looking at a year without a fight coupled with his consistent inactivity over the past 4 years. Fuck it, what are we to do, stick past P4P greats in the lists....fighters who ain't boxed for 5-10 years? Shit, do we wanna make a list of the all time greats P4P or do we wanna do something that is relevant? I HAD to stick Mayweather in my list out of respect for the thread but don't for a fuckin minute think that justifying not wanting him in it is a fuckin issue.
Spyder
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Feb 21 2011, 03:48 PM) *
He's only lost to the guy who's number one on the P4P list. I have no problems with overlooking that loss considering it was 2 or 3 weight classes above his prime fighting weight.

So again I ask, name 5 active fighters who have a more impressive resume than Marquez....

I'm not going to get into a circular argument with you.

His resume is great. He USED to be a very good fighter. He's not anymore. NO ONE that gets whooped the way he did is one of the top 10 fighters in the sport.
King Eugene
Glad to see Froch Getting some love.

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquaio
3. Martinez
4. Marquez.
5. Donaire
6. Ward
7. Bhop
8. Froch
9. Lopez
10. Bradley
Fitz
I'm tempted to switching Donaire and Martinez around. I have Donaire just one spot above Martinez, but I totally ignored Martinez's win over Pavlik.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 21 2011, 11:09 PM) *
I'm tempted to switching Donaire and Martinez around. I have Donaire just one spot above Martinez, but I totally ignored Martinez's win over Pavlik.

That was a big win because by no means was that an easy fight.
Fitz
I just changed mine. Martinez back at 4 and Donaire at 5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.