Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timothy Bradley "Amir Khan please stop running!"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
During his recent trip to Vegas to watch the Donaire-Montiel fight WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (27-0, 11KOs) sent a message to his WBA rival, Amir Khan (24-1, 17KOs). Bradley wants to fight him next and a date of July 23 has been set aside. The Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas is on hold for the potential fight. Khan has a scheduled title defense on April 16 against Paul McCloskey at the MEN Arena in Manchester, England. "You will probably see me in the ring on July 23, and don't miss it. Hopefully, I can get Khan in the ring with me. So Khan, stop running. Stop running out there Khan", Bradley said.

Now as far as I'm aware Khan and Bradley are virtually all set to meet on July 23rd, a date mentioned by Bradley himself. Khan already had a date set in stone to fight in April before Bradley beat Alexander. Khan has shown willingness to make this fight, Bradley has too, it's as close to a done deal as is possible.

So is Tim Bradley on crack or does he just talk absolute bollocks for the sake of hearing his own voice?
leonthegee
Have you seen Bradleys head. Every fighter should be running from him.
lloyd mayflower
Nice to see you leon.

I saw that headline on boxingscene but didnt read it cos I didnt think it would contain anything of substance. Sometimes I think they just manufacture bullshit on a slow news day over there. I was under the impression that the two were going to fight and that was that. I havent read anything to the contrary.

Think I will bet on the underdog in this one since I think its not far from a 50/50, Khan maybe edges it for me, but like I said in another thread, either way, an asshole loses, so its win win for me!
Maxy
That's how I see it Lloyd...win win cos whoever gets stretched it's one less piece of shit to have to put up with....until they come back!
Big Slim Sweet
I'm sure Bradley was just trying to hype the fight or whatever. Talk a little trash to get people buzzing about it.
Maxy
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 20 2011, 03:25 PM) *
I'm sure Bradley was just trying to hype the fight or whatever. Talk a little trash to get people buzzing about it.

Yeah, you're probably right, I just jumped in all guns blazing cos I felt like he was acting the prick.
JLUVBABY
Or maybe its an indication that maybe something is going wrong in the negotiation process that we dont know about just yet... khan is becoming known as a guy that wants to keep almost all of the money... not saying thats the case and he sounded like he was just talking shit but it wouldnt surprise me is all im saying...
caneman
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 20 2011, 03:27 PM) *
Yeah, you're probably right, I just jumped in all guns blazing cos I felt like he was acting the prick.

@ least he had his eye brows freshly waxed for the interview huh? lol
Maxy
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 20 2011, 03:49 PM) *
@ least he had his eye brows freshly waxed for the interview huh? lol

laugh.gif
gravytrain
who knows? the negotiations might not be going as good as some people are thinking. for all we know Khan could pass on the fight and take on another person in England just to put on another big show.

Fitz
Bradley is a pretty decent fighter and I definitely don't hate the guy, but there is something missing with him. Like charisma or some kind of appeal. He doesn't seem to interesting so far, or you don't get really drawn to him.
P4P fighter for sure, but he doesn't seem to have that sparkle that stars have.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 20 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Bradley is a pretty decent fighter and I definitely don't hate the guy, but there is something missing with him. Like charisma or some kind of appeal. He doesn't seem to interesting so far, or you don't get really drawn to him.
P4P fighter for sure, but he doesn't seem to have that sparkle that stars have.

he's relatively entertaining, he just doesn't have the personality. unless he learns to hype a fight he'll never make it big. he's just Tim Bradley and that's that really, Bradley isn't putting asses in the stands either.
The Original MrFactor
Bradley is a nice well rounded guy. He doesnt have that "shit head" in him. I don't think his personality is much different from Ray Leonard or Manny Pacquiao. Not sure what you guys are looking for from him. He's a good fighter and its refreshing to see a nice guy who does his talking with his fists. He seems to be a good guy outside the ring. Thats the type of guy I like to support.
streetlion1
Yea! Lets go Bradley! I give him a decent shot against khan.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 21 2011, 12:39 PM) *
Bradley is a nice well rounded guy. He doesnt have that "shit head" in him. I don't think his personality is much different from Ray Leonard or Manny Pacquiao. Not sure what you guys are looking for from him. He's a good fighter and its refreshing to see a nice guy who does his talking with his fists. He seems to be a good guy outside the ring. Thats the type of guy I like to support.

Guys like SRL and Manny Pac don't need great personalities. They are/were all-time great fighters. Bradley is not. He's damn good, but he's not very exciting in the ring. Couple that with his snooze personality and you have a damn good fighter with zero crossover star potential. Not that it really means anything. Lots of boxing fans will root for him, but he's never going to be the A-side to any big PPV's.
Fitz
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 22 2011, 07:13 AM) *
Guys like SRL and Manny Pac don't need great personalities. They are/were all-time great fighters. Bradley is not. He's damn good, but he's not very exciting in the ring. Couple that with his snooze personality and you have a damn good fighter with zero crossover star potential. Not that it really means anything. Lots of boxing fans will root for him, but he's never going to be the A-side to any big PPV's.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I really don't dislike him, just something a bit unappealing about him. But man, I respect him already so far as a fighter.
King Eugene
Bradley seems to be a good dude and he is a good fighter. He doesn't have the persona to act like a villan and trash talk. Its just not his personality.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Feb 21 2011, 03:13 PM) *

Well, with Pacquiao and SRL we have the entirety of their careers to look at with them. I think that looking at Pac prior to the Barrera fight would be the equivalent. SRL would be hard to measure up to because he was an olympic star out of the gate. Personality-wise he wasn't all that different from Bradley. He had a brashness to him, but was well grounded, humble and came across as a generally nice guy. With Bradley, we all agree that he is good. With regard to his career, we're just getting past the table of contents. Chapter 1 was all about Devon Alexander and the fight that wasn't. I think if/when he beats Khan, he may start to get his due.

gbh32001
When an upcoming star make it to the stage, even the non boxing fans will turn his head to see the glow of his performance. Bradley is not....He's a star but a dull one. Even if he get to the top lb for lb, his performance will not bring glow to his A game. He's a dim light until someone shut him down forever out of the lb for lb top 10.
and the NEW
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 22 2011, 05:09 AM) *
Well, with Pacquiao and SRL we have the entirety of their careers to look at with them. I think that looking at Pac prior to the Barrera fight would be the equivalent.

This is true, it's why I always hate when people say 'once Mayweather and Pac retire, boxing is dead'.

I mean come on, when DLH, Tyson etc were around and drawing huge numbers, Pac and Mayweather were small fish.

Once they move on, guys like Gamboa, Ward or Donaire are going to be the big draws.

It always moves in cycles and I was down on boxing a few years back, with a lot of the stars getting old and little talent emerging, but it seems the talent pools have exploded once more and we are on the cusp of some great guys forging themselves into full blown stars over the next few years.

That said, I don't think one will be Bradley personally. Doesn't have the beatiful or devestating style or the real paradox personality, and most stars require one or the other.
PR316
I see it 50-50.

Khan has the physical gifts but Bradley is the more intelligent of the two. A bit tougher maybe as well. It'll be a competitive fight.
SmartyBeardo
If Bradley keeps winning he will be The Man.

If he meets and beats Khan, then what will you say? If he meets and beats the Berto v Ortiz winner, then what? Then he beats the winner of SSM v Pac? Nuf said.

Personality won't mean as much. In fact his Mr. Clean personal life may be just the ticket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.