Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Biggest Increase in Weight.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Which fighters have gain the most weight in their career? This can also be due to, weight gain, laziness or age.

Jones @ 160 - 193
Toney @ 160 - 257
Tarver @ 175 - 221
Pacquaio @ 106 - 144
De La Hoya @ 130 - 160
Duran @ 133 - 176
Romulus9
Iran Barkley - 157 to 236

Eric "Butterbean" Esch - 280 to 417
PrfPmp
YO

Of those fighters, id rate:

1 - Floyd Mayweather. Fought the very best in 5 weight classes and beat them ALL, being all-time dominant in the lower weights and close to as dominant in heavier weights. Has one questionable dec and avenged it.

2 - Oscar De La Hoya. Surely ur surprised I have Oscar ahead of Pac and Duran.. heres why. At the lower weights, he was a beast and aside from a close fight with all=time great pernell whitaker, annihalated everyone. At the higher weights he was still excellent and challanged an alltime great middleweight champ and held his own.

3 - Roberto Duran. One of the greatest fighters ever without question but his moves up in weight are nothing to marvel at. Yes, he moved to welter and beat a too brave for his good ray leanord, an amazing feat. But he lost the rematch, was decapitated by hearns at 154, and didnt do anything else brilliant afterwards..

4 - Manny Pac. Great fighter, all time power puncher. Have him this low bc although he started at very low weights, He's had some great accomplishments since, but a sound loss to morales, life and death matches with marquez, punishment taken, and a possible hgh use cloud hanging over his head cant allow me to rank him in the same category of the other guys.

5 - I love jjames and hes a great in my book, but some losses to average dudes and busted w steroids at heavy leave him out
Tarver doesnt belong in this conversation
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 28 2011, 03:53 AM) *
Iran Barkley - 157 to 236

Eric "Butterbean" Esch - 280 to 417

Shit! Butterbean gaining an entire Lightweight fighters weight is shocking, yet hardly a surprise & didn't realize Barkley threw on 78lbs by the end of his career. Those are some pretty big weight increases right there!!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (PrfPmp @ Feb 28 2011, 02:13 PM) *
1 - Floyd Mayweather. Fought the very best in 5 weight classes and beat them ALL, being all-time dominant in the lower weights and close to as dominant in heavier weights. Has one questionable dec and avenged it.

YO. See the part in bold? You lost me there dude.

QUOTE (PrfPmp @ Feb 28 2011, 02:13 PM) *
3 - Roberto Duran. One of the greatest fighters ever without question but his moves up in weight are nothing to marvel at. Yes, he moved to welter and beat a too brave for his good ray leanord, an amazing feat. But he lost the rematch, was decapitated by hearns at 154, and didnt do anything else brilliant afterwards..

YO. See that other part in bold? You lost me there too. Unless you consider beating Barkley for a middleweight strap to be nothing brilliant.

Lil-lightsout
Fernando Vargas-From 147 to over 200.
Snoop
Prince Naseem.

Unless we're talking about weight gains while they were fighting.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 28 2011, 03:45 AM) *
Prince Naseem.

That's the question there Snoop. Coz if we're not talking fighting weight Vargas, as Fitz mentioned, has to take the cake (no pun intended.) I've seen photos of that dude where he would have to be close to 300 pounds plus.

You're right though Hamed did get pretty fucken fat as well, although I haven't seen any pics of him lately. I think he may have shed a few kilo's in prison laugh.gif
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 28 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Prince Naseem.

I was talking about while they were fighting, all the weights posted are what they weighed-in. Which may actually mean some of the ones I mentioned may have weighed even more come fight night. But by all means if anyone can think of other drastic examples like Vargas bring em up.

Thommy Hearns @ 144 - 191
thehype
How about current WBA Cruiserweight Champion of the World Guillermo Jones?

Yeah...the same Guillermo Jones who started his career at 147 before jumping from 154 to 200 in a 4-year timeframe.

laugh.gif
Fitz
Never knew about that one. That's a pretty big jump .
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Mar 1 2011, 11:51 AM) *

Yeah...the same Guillermo Jones who started his career at 147 before jumping from 154 to 200 in a 4-year timeframe.

laugh.gif

Nah he must be on the juice.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 28 2011, 07:51 PM) *

laugh.gif

That's a great one! He was like a 7' welterweight one day, and how he made that weight was unreal, and then he is a cruiserweight. AND what was really amazing was he was pretty successful that heavy.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 28 2011, 06:51 PM) *

laugh.gif

very true... i thought about that jump the other day... lol... and the guys a dangerous cruiser weight..
lloyd mayflower
Aggregate weight gain has be Ricky Hatton hands down! He probably gained about 1000 lbs over his active career!
caneman
I'd like to see actual weights in between fights! It would be interesting...Duran went way up in weight & Morales as well but the list would be long!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.