Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deceiving appearances
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Another topic on weight. Not talking about being how effective or ineffective they were at the weight division but pure physical appearance.

Which fighters did you feel either looked small or big for their division(s)?

Fighters that look big:
Juan Urango @ 140
Mike Jones @ 147
Joshua Clottey @ 147
Paul Williams @ 147

Fighters that look small:
Zab Judah @ both 140 & 147
Ivan Calderon @ 105 & 108
Jorge Arce @ 112 & 115
Ricky Hatton @ 140 & 147

Any others?
Fitz
Jeff Lacy looked huge for a 168 fighter

I also thought Sharmba Mitchell looked big as well for 140 at times, and Kermit Cintron looked big at 147
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 28 2011, 06:00 AM) *
Jeff Lacy looked huge for a 168 fighter

I also thought Sharmba Mitchell looked big as well for 140 at times, and Kermit Cintron looked big at 147

Good picks! Lacy could look like a big ass LHW at times lol, that is a very good example.

Agree on Sharmba as well, his build always seemed big for 140.

Although I'm aware he was quite small for a Heavyweight, Patterson looked more like a light heavyweight inside the ring.
Snoop
Saul Alvarez is a big WW/Super WW.

Mike Jones is another one.
and the NEW
Kessler looked HUGE at 168 years ago, he seems to have shrunk a little in recent times.

Lil-lightsout
James Toney at heavyweight these last bunch of years(when he is actually in the ring). I just do not get how they always have him listed at 230+ in all his fights. He always looks to be a svelte 205-210 pound heavy to me.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 28 2011, 06:35 PM) *
James Toney at heavyweight these last bunch of years(when he is actually in the ring). I just do not get how they always have him listed at 230+ in all his fights. He always looks to be a svelte 205-210 pound heavy to me.

It's ok son. They are broken. Best just bin them & move on.

ViperSniper
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 28 2011, 07:58 AM) *
Saul Alvarez is a big WW/Super WW.

Mike Jones is another one.

Agree, Saul Alvarez looks huge at Welterweight.

Danny Green looks big at Cruiserweight now.
BrutalBodyShots
A lot of taller, lanky dudes earlier in their careers looked bigger to me...

Like Paul Williams @ 147

or Diego Corrales @ 130

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Chris Eubank.

I saw him fight all the way up to LHW on TV and then met him once. I was stood in a lift with him and he didn't look big at all. I thought "yeah I could take you." laugh.gif
gbh32001
C. Caballero@SBW/FW
Fitz
Good one about Donaire. He looks huge as well. I mentioned this and really noticed this in his fight with Sydorenko.
Mean Mister Mustard
Michaels Katsidis always looked huge to me and I was wondering how small JMM would look against him. Then they squared off and he only seemed thicker but not taller.
King Eugene
I agree on Mike Jones. I thought he was a MW

In Mayweathers last couple of fights he looked pretty big at WW. Then again its probably because he's always looked like a small WW and just filled out.

Winky Wright looked out of place at 170 but of course he was.

Zab looks small period no matter what weight he is at.

Montell Griffin always looked small at LHW.
and the NEW
And on Winky, I actually thought he looked too big for 154 in his later fights at that weight.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Mar 1 2011, 12:38 AM) *
And on Winky, I actually thought he looked too big for 154 in his later fights at that weight.

Good one. Winky appeared to be a pretty big 154er at one point in time.
salvador
Jermain Taylor always looked like a lhw.
JLUVBABY
tell you what... bernard hopkins is very small in person... not nearly as big as i expected... he looked like a jr middleweight..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.