Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Judah v Keyser Soze
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Are they bringing Zab along too fast wtf.gif?
gravytrain
no, he's thinking about going back to 140 though.
ViperSniper
Not sure as I haven't seen enough of his opponent. All I know is whenever I see "focused" or "100%" in the same sentence with "Zab Judah" I kinda gotta chuckle..specially when they have a pic of him with his game face on LOL.
gravytrain
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 3 2011, 01:34 AM) *
Not sure as I haven't seen enough of his opponent. All I know is whenever I see "focused" or "100%" in the same sentence with "Zab Judah" I kinda gotta chuckle..specially when they have a pic of him with his game face on LOL.

Kind of like a better version of Mathysse, very noticeably better.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 3 2011, 07:24 AM) *
Really?

You think Madbooty takes Matthysse? Dude had been on a itty bitty run. Looked decent v The Shadow of Holt (over a year ago). out fought Fedchenko for waditsworth. But, I think Matthysse pounds the bun out of him.

Zab should be able to handle this test.

It shall be remembered as Night of the Worthless Belts.

if i'd to bet on Mabuza/Matthysse i'd go with Mabuza, he just puts it together better than Matthysse.

Zab at most beat Matthysse by a round, i see him losing to Mabuza. hopefully Zab comes in as the favorites because then it'll be some easy money. i wonder what happens if Zab loses at 140 and can't talk about going back down to 140 lol.
JLUVBABY
i fully expect zab to lose saturday... this african he;s fighting looks very solid...
caneman
I am hoping for a chicken dance myself!
gravytrain
who has Judah looked solid against? nobody lol. in his own corner's words they were trying to "steal" a decision. Mabuza puts on constant pressure, can take shots, and puts punches together. he's doing it all against the same quality of opposition or better than Judah has and hasn't tried to steal anything, he's been winning. to be honest i wont be surprised if we see the old Judah come back in this fight, i think he will get frustrated and lose focus.

Mabuza may have fought the ghost of Holt but the best W on Matthysse's record is the ghost of Vivian Harris and that's not very impressive either.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 4 2011, 04:02 PM) *
who has Judah looked solid against? nobody lol. in his own corner's words they were trying to "steal" a decision. Mabuza puts on constant pressure, can take shots, and puts punches together. he's doing it all against the same quality of opposition or better than Judah has and hasn't tried to steal anything, he's been winning. to be honest i wont be surprised if we see the old Judah come back in this fight, i think he will get frustrated and lose focus.

Mabuza may have fought the ghost of Holt but the best W on Matthysse's record is the ghost of Vivian Harris and that's not very impressive either.

Yep, he will be good for about 4 rounds & fall apart!
JLUVBABY
my thing is zab looked half shot vs mathysis... I could be wrong but i dont see whitaker making him a new fighter this late in the game... first time judah is tagged we'll see him resort to his old ways i'm sure... this aftrican appears hungry and fighting judah at the right time in my opinion...
caneman
Everyone has a game plan til they get hit! I remember when Judah was 1st starting out HBO was billing him as sweetpea with power! Lolz
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 4 2011, 05:02 PM) *
Everyone has a game til they get hit! I remember when Judah was 1st starting out HBO was billing him as sweetpea with power! Lolz

lol... i remember that... lol... thing is, in my opinion, judah has to be one of the most wasted talent fighters to come around in a long time... what he had the ability to do when he was young was crazy but he never fullfilled his potential... its like he was scared of success... he didnt care when it mattered most it seemed... if that makes sense... in his big fights or fights that led to the big fights it seems he didnt bring all of his a-game... but when he fought a bum he let it all out... lol... i dont know he was a frustrating fighter to root for... he seemed like he was fine being second best...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 4 2011, 06:39 PM) *
lol... i remember that... lol... thing is, in my opinion, judah has to be one of the most wasted talent fighters to come around in a long time... what he had the ability to do when he was young was crazy but he never fullfilled his potential... its like he was scared of success... he didnt care when it mattered most it seemed... if that makes sense... in his big fights or fights that led to the big fights it seems he didnt bring all of his a-game... but when he fought a bum he let it all out... lol... i dont know he was a frustrating fighter to root for... he seemed like he was fine being second best...

I remember Max Kellerman back in the FNF days touting him as the next big thing. He would say that one day he and Mayweather would clean out the divisions and finally meet one day for a mega fight. Kellerman ended up having to be the main 'go to' guy when writing an article about how Judah squandered his potential.

Smarty said that Mabuza beat a ghost of Holt, but we have seen the same ghost of Judah show up a number of times. Mabuza fights like the type of guy a bored Judah hates; He's strong, active and energized. If he can stand up to Judah's heavy counters, he might make things interesting.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 4 2011, 06:46 PM) *
I remember Max Kellerman back in the FNF days touting him as the next big thing. He would say that one day he and Mayweather would clean out the divisions and finally meet one day for a mega fight. Kellerman ended up having to be the main 'go to' guy when writing an article about how Judah squandered his potential.

Smarty said that Mabuza beat a ghost of Holt, but we have seen the same ghost of Judah show up a number of times. Mabuza fights like the type of guy a bored Judah hates; He's strong, active and energized. If he can stand up to Judah's heavy counters, he might make things interesting.

im probably being too hard on judah but from ive seen of mabuza he is gonna break judah down and stop him late... thats what i expect to see tomorrow...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 4 2011, 07:54 PM) *
im probably being too hard on judah but from ive seen of mabuza he is gonna break judah down and stop him late... thats what i expect to see tomorrow...

Would not doubt it. If it does happen, I'll remember you called it.

If anyone wants to see Mabuza's win over Holt, they can see it on Youtube. The first 2 rounds are missing though.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 4 2011, 04:41 PM) *
Yep, he will be good for about 4 rounds & fall apart!

J might not be far off on his late stoppage prediction, i think it's possible. i wouldn't be surprised to see it stopped because of a cut. either way i think Mabuza is going to give Judah some serious problems and then Judah will fall apart around the middle of the fight. after that Judah will just land some counters but Mabuza will be dictating the fight and landing more.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 4 2011, 06:39 PM) *

i think he just gets too emotional in the ring to succeed at a high level.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 4 2011, 09:43 PM) *
Actually, Mabuza fought The Shadow of Kendall Holt drag.gif .

You bring up the key to this fight - who is the tougher fighter between Mabuza and Matthysse? I think it is Matthysse.

I think Zab looked half shot because he was taking heavy body shots from Matthysse.

We will see how Mabuza stands up to the uppercut Judah caught Matthysse with around the 4th that made Matthysse smile and practically shout "now you're mine."

One more time, SmartyBeardo said that Mabuza beat The Shadow of Kendall Holt focus.gif .

Whether or not Mabuza can handle Judah's heavy counters is the question? I doubt it.

That's pretty much it right there. I think Judah should catch Mabuza at some point, because Mabuza is a wide swinger. If he can take the shot though, expect a long night.
SmartyBeardo
So, Kaiser Mabunza's trainer had visa problems and supposedly flew in this morning? wtf.gif
JLUVBABY
im watching this shit fight card on a stream and i have to say... they should all be strung up and shot for putting this together... this is the shittiest ppv i have ever seen... ever... and ive ordered a lot of stuff most people wouldnt... i hope judah and mabuza save the day cuzz this is crap at its finest...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
JLuv can you send me a link to the stream you're watching?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 5 2011, 10:29 PM) *
im watching this shit fight card on a stream and i have to say... they should all be strung up and shot for putting this together... this is the shittiest ppv i have ever seen... ever... and ive ordered a lot of stuff most people wouldnt... i hope judah and mabuza save the day cuzz this is crap at its finest...

Haha. You're hardcore man.
Snoop
Yo, hook me up with that shitty PPV link.
gravytrain
Judah by TKO round 7 or 8 i think.

unfortunate because i was hoping he'd get stretched out, there's always next time.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I caught a stream just in time to see the 7th round. God damn what a KO. Zab caught him with a huge left, and I can't believe the ref let that continue. That was a great win for Zab, and I'm happy for him. I've always been a big Judah fan, and was always dissapointed that he's underachieved. I truly thought his career was done after the Cotto fight. More power to him to come back and win a title and make himself relevant once again. He's truly matured in the last year, and it's showing in the ring. I hope Zab Judah gets another big fight, and he pulls through. SUPER JUDAH!!!!!!!!!!.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 5 2011, 10:29 PM) *

you order just about everything so this must have really been a shitty card. personally i'd the choice of watching the undercard or playing some flash games and i took the flash games.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 5 2011, 11:19 PM) *
I caught a stream just in time to see the 7th round. God damn what a KO. Zab caught him with a huge left, and I can't believe the ref let that continue. That was a great win for Zab, and I'm happy for him. I've always been a big Judah fan, and was always dissapointed that he's underachieved. I truly thought his career was done after the Cotto fight. More power to him to come back and win a title and make himself relevant once again. He's truly matured in the last year, and it's showing in the ring. I hope Zab Judah gets another big fight, and he pulls through. SUPER JUDAH!!!!!!!!!!.

don't call it a comeback, his career has been over for years. now all we need is someone to beat the breaks off of him.

anyone catch the whole PPV? shit was funny. they'd be like "is Mabuza stalking Judah or does Judah just want Mabuza to think he's stalking Judah" and compared him to Whitaker and Pep a couple times.
caneman
wow, congrats to judah for keeping it together for 7 rounds, i am surprised for some reason!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I find myself surprisingly happy for Judah. Everyone deserves the right to change and if he has good for him.

I actually felt sorry for him over the whole PBF fight situation. He should have had a DQ the minute Uncle Roger got up on the ring apron. Roger started that whole thing and Zab ended up paying the biggest price. Yeah he hit Floyd in the nuts but it's up to the ref to decide what happens next, not some crackhead woman beater.

Zab could be an interesting litmus test for either Khan or Bradley.
JLUVBABY
sorry guys im just coming back to check the site...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 5 2011, 11:50 PM) *
I find myself surprisingly happy for Judah. Everyone deserves the right to change and if he has good for him.

I actually felt sorry for him over the whole PBF fight situation. He should have had a DQ the minute Uncle Roger got up on the ring apron. Roger started that whole thing and Zab ended up paying the biggest price. Yeah he hit Floyd in the nuts but it's up to the ref to decide what happens next, not some crackhead woman beater.

Zab could be an interesting litmus test for either Khan or Bradley.

Not to mention that he should have been given credit fro a knockdown. PBF would have still won, he figured Judah out and put a beating on him, but the scorecards would have been closer.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 5 2011, 11:56 PM) *
Not to mention that he should have been given credit fro a knockdown. PBF would have still won, he figured Judah out and put a beating on him, but the scorecards would have been closer.

Agreed and who knows how it would've effected Judah if he'd known he'd banked a 10-8 round? I agree Floyd had that shit figured out, but let's put it this way, giving Zab the rightful knockdown wouldn't have made the fight any less interesting.
SmartyBeardo
Thank you very much. Have a nice evening.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.