Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arum vs DLH
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
and the NEW
This is something that is really starting to get on my nerves. Not only do we have alphabet soup (4 recognised titles now), but then the WBA goes and adds a 'super champion'. NOW, like boxing needs anything else to deal with, we get a friggin cold war between the two biggest promotors in boxing!!! WTF!?

The talent appears to be coming back into boxing, now we just need 1 champ per division and promotors working together! Fat chance!
STEVENSKI
I say DLH because he is a scumbag pretending to be a good guy. At least Arum is a scumbag who does not pretend to be a goo dguy.
caneman
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 3 2011, 10:24 PM) *
I say DLH because he is a scumbag pretending to be a good guy. At least Arum is a scumbag who does not pretend to be a goo dguy.

lolz! very true!
ViperSniper
Arum is just an old, greedy, arrogant piece of shit who is beginning to insult the boxing worlds intelligence with his shit fights he promotes as gems, who I seriously can't wait till he fucks off from boxing for good. DLH is snake hiding behind his "I'm a good guy" image and hold responsible for a lot of the circus like activities that fucked up one of the best divisions in boxing, as a result is now retired, while making a killing off of boxing divas he has created while, he tells us his love for the sport. I think Arum is a little more open to his bullshit, while DLH in a short amount of time is already created so much shit, that he is already being compared to Arum. Fuck them both, sometimes I wish someone would buy out the whole boxing world and start from scratch.
kidbazooka1
They are both POS.

and the NEW
ViperSniper, I'm with you there, if someone bought out at least Arum and DLH, they would pretty much run boxing and could do a UFC style promotion where the fans actually get what they want!

Surely it can't be THAT expensive to buy out both companies........but then again, with the negativity about how 'boxing is dying', I doubt anyone will.

I still think boxing and MMA complement eachother, they are in no way mutually exclusive. I would love to see cards with both boxers and MMA fighters on them! Now that is how you could bring fighting sports back to the forefront of global sports!
leonthegee
I blame Arum because this isnt the first time this has happened. Arum and Don King went through this same drama before. Before Judah v Mayweather there was.an 8 year period when they wouldnt deal with each other.
JLUVBABY
i think i can predict whos winning... arum... lol... gbp, if they arent careful, will be in the tanks... seems like their major players are leaving and i could be wrong but it appears the only way we see a pac vs may fight is if they are not involved... floyds in miami right now, again with king... just saying... they are pretty chummy to say kings not working on him and king usually gets what he's after...
letissha27
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 4 2011, 06:33 PM) *
i think i can predict whos winning... arum... lol... gbp, if they arent careful, will be in the tanks... seems like their major players are leaving and i could be wrong but it appears the only way we see a pac vs may fight is if they are not involved... floyds in miami right now, again with king... just saying... they are pretty chummy to say kings not working on him and king usually gets what he's after...

Is this de la hoya
and the NEW
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 4 2011, 03:33 PM) *
Good point.

True.

Interesting points atN, though I am not sure that I can agree with any of them. I hate monopolies and dictatorships, no matter how benevolent they may appear on the surface. That is the problem with the USA right now. Too much power and money in too few hands. We are evolving toward the Neo-Feudalist model that controls too much of the Earth.

Competition and opportunity have been the keys to America's success. There was a reason for the anti-trust laws (with their roots going back at least as far as President Teddy Roosevelt) which have been completely ignored and circumvented for over 30 years. Economies do not grow from the top down. They are rooted in the collective strength of healthy and educated individuals given the opportunity to pursue their dreams protected by relatively equal justice under the law, not a dictator, oligarchy or corporate board.

There are positives about how the UFC is operated. It tends to put together decent cards. But the healthiest part about mma is the fact that there is competition for the best talent. It keeps everybody more honest and benefits both the athletes and the fans. StrikeForce is coming on thanks to the necessity to compete. If a merger were to occur between the UFC and StrikeForce it could actually be bad for the sport unless it was configured correctly.

IMO, Arum is attempting to create a UFC style organization, where fighters have to be with him to compete against his fighters. While that sucks in ways, I think it is the natural progression of the competition in the boxing business currently.

I do not think that the fighters or fans would be served if boxing became a monopoly. Look at the current boxing situation objectively. It is not as bad as most suggest. Some feel that two cards on the same evening is counterproductive. I think it is awesome. The business of boxing is competing for my $$$$ and attention. Next weekend is a bonanza for boxing fans IMO. Would you really rather have those cards on individual weekends. If it was one card it would be amazing, but we are getting the closest thing to that thanks to competition.

I think there is a definite possibility of a merger between GBP and Arum, specifically for the reason you sight that makes it unlikely. It is more likely to happen when boxing appears to be in a lean period because the $$$$ and sense add up. Profit is made in boom times. Fortunes are made in lean times.

"Fighting sports" are unlikely to overtake the major team sports anytime soon, whether or not they merge do mma/boxing co-promos etc. It is a growing industry though, thanks to the competition.

Interesting post Beardo. I see you have a high level of education, a good read!!!
and the NEW
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 5 2011, 12:15 AM) *
I blame Arum because this isnt the first time this has happened. Arum and Don King went through this same drama before. Before Judah v Mayweather there was.an 8 year period when they wouldnt deal with each other.

True!

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 4 2011, 05:15 PM) *

the difference is arum and king would never let their past get in the way of a superfight and the money that fight brought... i cant think of one that didnt happen between those 8 years that didnt happen because of their bad blood for if there was one that could have happened they would have turned the other cheek as they always have... (superfights not just one champ fighting another one)... arum is treating gbp very differently and doing a very good job at it.. for some reason arum isnt caring about money to get in the way of these fights and to me that means what ever grudge he feels he has runs deeper than even pride.... just my thoughts on that.... tell you what tho if hoya isnt careful he's gonna find himself with out any major fighters as almost all of his fighters money roads seem to lead to arums stable... arum seems to be monopolizing gbp out of major fights... lol... the old dude giving it one last good run before he hangs em up... im not mad at him...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 7 2011, 07:05 AM) *
the difference is arum and king would never let their past get in the way of a superfight and the money that fight brought... i cant think of one that didnt happen between those 8 years that didnt happen because of their bad blood for if there was one that could have happened they would have turned the other cheek as they always have... (superfights not just one champ fighting another one)... arum is treating gbp very differently and doing a very good job at it.. for some reason arum isnt caring about money to get in the way of these fights and to me that means what ever grudge he feels he has runs deeper than even pride.... just my thoughts on that.... tell you what tho if hoya isnt careful he's gonna find himself with out any major fighters as almost all of his fighters money roads seem to lead to arums stable... arum seems to be monopolizing gbp out of major fights... lol... the old dude giving it one last good run before he hangs em up... im not mad at him...

Very true. I think Arum just hates the idea of a fighter being a promoter especially one like DLH with his olive oil voice & Guinea charms.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 03:05 PM) *

I'm with you JLUV. Arum's hatred for DLH seems deeply personal. Almost like he's willing to take a little less for himself if it means Oscar gets zilch.

And for some reason, I kinda respect what the old bastard is doing. The way he's freezing GBP after the early run they made is pretty gangsta.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 6 2011, 04:32 PM) *
Very true. I think Arum just hates the idea of a fighter being a promoter especially one like DLH with his olive oil voice & Guinea charms.

Beautiful Godfather reference Stevens. Dead on too. Oscar thought HBO was just going to hand him the reigns.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.