Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wlad cancels Chisora fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Maxy
So it's been reported that Wlad has once again pulled out of his fight with Chisora so that he can fight Haye on July 2nd. On the one hand it's good news because we get to see the one heavyweight fight that really matters right now but on the other....shit, you have to feel for Del Boy. Wlad promised him the shot in November, got hurt, pulled out....said he was a man of his word so he rescheduled the bout and now he's fucked Del Boy over again.

Stinks. I hope Haye flattens him.
caneman
I'd love to see Haye win but he will have that chin tested & I don't think he will pass the test!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 4 2011, 03:21 PM) *
So it's been reported that Wlad has once again pulled out of his fight with Chisora so that he can fight Haye on July 2nd. On the one hand it's good news because we get to see the one heavyweight fight that really matters right now but on the other....shit, you have to feel for Del Boy. Wlad promised him the shot in November, got hurt, pulled out....said he was a man of his word so he rescheduled the bout and now he's fucked Del Boy over again.

Stinks. I hope Haye flattens him.

i'm sure most will disagree but thats wrong for klitschko to do that to chisora... chisora deserves step aside money... is he deservant of the shot?... no... but wlad was giving it to him and wlad has backed out twice... step aside money and a guarentee at the winner of the fight as long as he doesnt lose in the interim... just my opinion on that...

As for the fight i cant pick against wlad but i will say haye will be the best opponent he will have faced in a very long time...
Maxy
I don't doubt at all that Chisora deserves step aside money but the truth is Wlad has rendered him totally inactive for fuckin' months now and all for nothing. That is disgusting. In fact, it's disgusting how he decided to start negotiations with Haye so therefore dismissing the validity of Chisora's challenge in the first place. Fuck yeah, we all know Chisora ain't got a hope in hell, but why string the poor cunt along only to drop him AGAIN at virtually the last minute?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 4 2011, 04:57 PM) *
I don't doubt at all that Chisora deserves step aside money but the truth is Wlad has rendered him totally inactive for fuckin' months now and all for nothing. That is disgusting. In fact, it's disgusting how he decided to start negotiations with Haye so therefore dismissing the validity of Chisora's challenge in the first place. Fuck yeah, we all know Chisora ain't got a hope in hell, but why string the poor cunt along only to drop him AGAIN at virtually the last minute?

lol... thats what im saying maxy... thats not cool at all... chisora could have fought twice in the time he's been waiting on wlad...
Mean Mister Mustard
I thought Vitali was going to fight Chaosora. That goes to show how little I care about the heavies.

By the way, Haye's defense is pretty good, I think he can avoid most of Wlad's jabs and his speed will allow him to be the first guy in years to land a punch on Wlad. I just don't think his conditioning is there to go 12 full rounds. Funny that years ago we were saying the same thing about Wladdy.
E.C.LEGEND
If its a mandatory fight I don't see how the sanctioning bodies can let this happen. On the other hand neither Wlad or have good chins so its 50-50 to me since they both have power. The question is how is Wlad going to react in haye gets inside(passed) his jab? Wlads going to have to let his hands go and he's not use to doing that. I can see him tiring and Haye getting the TKO victory.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Mar 4 2011, 07:57 PM) *
If its a mandatory fight I don't see how the sanctioning bodies can let this happen. On the other hand neither Wlad or have good chins so its 50-50 to me since they both have power. The question is how is Wlad going to react in haye gets inside(passed) his jab? Wlads going to have to let his hands go and he's not use to doing that. I can see him tiring and Haye getting the TKO victory.

i was wondering the same thing ec... wlads gonna have to let his hands go something he hasnt done nor had to do in quite some time... will he be ready if haye becomes fiesty?... im also wondering if hayes speed wont create some new issues as well...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 4 2011, 06:23 PM) *
i was wondering the same thing ec... wlads gonna have to let his hands go something he hasnt done nor had to do in quite some time... will he be ready if haye becomes fiesty?... im also wondering if hayes speed wont create some new issues as well...

as pissed off as Haye has gotten Wlad, I would not be shocked to see Wlad just go all out against Haye, and really put a hurting on him. None of that safety first shit.
Maxy
Surely Wlad can't just turn around now and tell Chisora, "The fight is off again cos I've landed a bigger fight now!" That don't seem right to me. Kinda seems like he has used Chisora as bait all along which, in my eyes, is a shitty move.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 5 2011, 04:48 AM) *
as pissed off as Haye has gotten Wlad, I would not be shocked to see Wlad just go all out against Haye, and really put a hurting on him. None of that safety first shit.

I can't see that happening. Wlad always fights with his head, not his heart.

However I can definitely see Haye throwing caution to the wind and going for the spectacular KO early, just trying to get the fight over with one way or another. Kinda like how Michael Grant approached Lennox Lewis.

Haye's best chance to make an impression will be early. The longer this fight goes, the worse it's going to get for him.

QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 5 2011, 04:55 AM) *
Surely Wlad can't just turn around now and tell Chisora, "The fight is off again cos I've landed a bigger fight now!" That don't seem right to me. Kinda seems like he has used Chisora as bait all along which, in my eyes, is a shitty move.

Yeah it seems like was doing just that, which is crap but certainly not unprecedented. Chisora should be given a slot on the undercard. Then if Haye pulls out again the way Wlad was accusing him of possibly doing, Chisora can save the card and get his shot.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 5 2011, 03:48 AM) *

i dont see it either... wlad knows how that has ended up for him the last times he's tried that and haye is better than brewster and saunders.. this fight is better than most feeel i believe because haye, as long as he's not scared, brings in one element that none of wlads last opponents have had... athleticism... that combined with hayes speed and punch... this is not a white wash win for wlad... im interested to see how he deals with haye...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'm amazed at how little heat Wlad is catching on these boards for this move. I remember when Haye did the same we saw threads running a good few pages long, full of vitriol. I recall Haye saying he didn't want to sign a contract with Wlad coz he didn't believe Wlad would be able to fight two fights back-to-back with so little time in between.

Seems he was right. I still think Wlad ruins Haye, and I'm kinda pleased he's blown off Chisora to (hopefully) make this fight but at the end of the day it's an incredibly bitch move, the very same he has accused Haye of making.

I wouldn't mind seeing this fight end in one of those double knockouts that Steve has mentioned in the past.

Run and Gun Game Calls
For chisora this sicks, but for Boxing Im grateful if this happens. We have seen enough bad fights at heavy

on a side note to jluv. Your signature who is gonna win old man or roid man, I thought they were the same person. lol Proof is proof
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 6 2011, 12:46 AM) *
on a side note to jluv. Your signature who is gonna win old man or roid man, I thought they were the same person. lol Proof is proof

Surely those 'Karceno for Life' videos are all the proof you need? laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 5 2011, 11:46 PM) *

already been said run... lol..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 5 2011, 11:46 PM) *

for the record i think if there was just an all out investigation on the sport of boxing there wouldnt be many fighters left on the top level as we know it because off banned substances... very naive to think mosley and the handful of others that we know of are the only guys juicing... i can tell you this... mosley took the test for the mayweather fight... came out very clean... pac refuses...
Fitz
I understand why people may be shitty for Chisora's sake. I feel sorry for him as well. But the Haye fight is the fight people wanted at heavyweight. Sucks for Chisora, but I'm not getting pissy about it. It's the most legit fight that could happen, and the reason why Chisora was getting a fight was because Haye bitched out. Chisora should be compensated though, but this is the best fight that should have been happening, and I'm good with that as well.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 6 2011, 04:24 AM) *
I understand why people may be shitty for Chisora's sake. I feel sorry for him as well. But the Haye fight is the fight people wanted at heavyweight. Sucks for Chisora, but I'm not getting pissy about it. It's the most legit fight that could happen, and the reason why Chisora was getting a fight was because Haye bitched out. Chisora should be compensated though, but this is the best fight that should have been happening, and I'm good with that as well.

Good points. Chisora had no business in there yet anyway, IMO. But Sister Wlad is acting/looking like a bitch who can't make up her mind, who thinks that she is the only being in existence and everybody else are her props.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 5 2011, 11:43 PM) *
I'm amazed at how little heat Wlad is catching on these boards for this move. I remember when Haye did the same we saw threads running a good few pages long, full of vitriol. I recall Haye saying he didn't want to sign a contract with Wlad coz he didn't believe Wlad would be able to fight two fights back-to-back with so little time in between.

Seems he was right. I still think Wlad ruins Haye, and I'm kinda pleased he's blown off Chisora to (hopefully) make this fight but at the end of the day it's an incredibly bitch move, the very same he has accused Haye of making.

I wouldn't mind seeing this fight end in one of those double knockouts that Steve has mentioned in the past.

Haye blew Wlad off to fight Audley motherfucking Harrison, Wlad is blowing someone lucky to even get a title shot off to fight Haye. somehow i just don't care if Chisora gets shelved since this is the only interesting HW matchup out there and Haye will be gone soon.
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 6 2011, 02:12 PM) *
Haye blew Wlad off to fight Audley motherfucking Harrison, Wlad is blowing someone lucky to even get a title shot off to fight Haye. somehow i just don't care if Chisora gets shelved since this is the only interesting HW matchup out there and Haye will be gone soon.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Both Haye and Wlad have acted like complete arseholes for a long time now. Both are as much to blame as the other one for all that has gone on. Neither can hold their head high. I think Chisora has been badly treated but it was always a bonus for him to get this shot in any case.

Haye-Wlad appears to be done now. June 25th or July 2nd in Germany. Fingers crossed but lets not hold our breath until the first bell rings.
STEVENSKI
Feel sorry for Del Boy but I really hope Wlad does a number on Haye. I'm talking a real bad beatdown that will finish Haye for good.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 6 2011, 02:18 PM) *
Two wrongs don't make a right. Both Haye and Wlad have acted like complete arseholes for a long time now. Both are as much to blame as the other one for all that has gone on. Neither can hold their head high. I think Chisora has been badly treated but it was always a bonus for him to get this shot in any case.

Haye-Wlad appears to be done now. June 25th or July 2nd in Germany. Fingers crossed but lets not hold our breath until the first bell rings.

Wlad would be fucked either way with some people. when he wouldn't give up Chisora he's an asshole not trying to fight Haye, now that he gives up Chisora to please Haye he's an asshole for giving up Chisora.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 6 2011, 08:26 PM) *
Wlad would be fucked either way with some people. when he wouldn't give up Chisora he's an asshole not trying to fight Haye, now that he gives up Chisora to please Haye he's an asshole for giving up Chisora.

No way Gravy I don't care that you've repackaged your argument I'm not buying it. I don't know of ANYONE who would've given Wlad a hard time if he bypassed Chisora to go straight to Haye in the first place.

The point some of us are trying to make is he is just as capable of pulling the ole injury excuse as Haye is when it suits him. As Maxy says 2 wrongs don't make a a right.

Look I'm happy in the long run he's doing it, I just don't get why cats like you are prepared to give Haye (his rightful) criticsm but when it comes Wlad you just turn the other cheek.

Surely fair is fair?
Byrd Man
I gotta say that by Wlad pulling the old "injured" card, (twice now against Chisora) he's essentially removed that diss from his and Vitali's arsenal against Haye if something goes wrong and Haye backs out.

He can't do the "oh you backed out of a signed fight" because WLAD just did that very thing.

Perhaps the circumstances were a bit different, but still...

I think Wlad's going to hurt Haye. Although the more I think about it, I keep having this suspicion that Haye might be a more worthy foe than I'm giving him credit for.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 6 2011, 08:55 PM) *
No way Gravy I don't care that you've repackaged your argument I'm not buying it. I don't know of ANYONE who would've given Wlad a hard time if he bypassed Chisora to go straight to Haye in the first place.

The point some of us are trying to make is he is just as capable of pulling the ole injury excuse as Haye is when it suits him. As Maxy says 2 wrongs don't make a a right.

Look I'm happy in the long run he's doing it, I just don't get why cats like you are prepared to give Haye (his rightful) criticsm but when it comes Wlad you just turn the other cheek.

Surely fair is fair?

Wlad wanted to fight Chisora, Haye, and Adamek and Haye wanted to retire. i could give a shit less if Wlad wanted a tuneup, the offer was on the table and Haye refused it on pure speculation on bullshit though. yet now that he gets rid of the deal breaker he's a bullshitter using an injury to get out of a fight no one wanted to see in the first place lol

he just isn't going to win.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 6 2011, 10:18 PM) *
Wlad wanted to fight Chisora, Haye, and Adamek and Haye wanted to retire. i could give a shit less if Wlad wanted a tuneup, the offer was on the table and Haye refused it on pure speculation on bullshit though. yet now that he gets rid of the deal breaker he's a bullshitter using an injury to get out of a fight no one wanted to see in the first place lol

he just isn't going to win.

Correct.

I might add it seems Haye's 'speculation' regarding Wlad's ability to fight 2 fights back-to-back was correct.

Again please read or re-read my comments Gravy. I'm not complaining about it, it's the HW fight I want to see, it's more like Byrdman says, the Klits have lost the moral high ground to bash Haye coz they've just gone and done the same thing. And again why no heat from them from the likes of you?

Not OK for Haye to do it but fine for the Klits to do it?

Double standards anyone?

Run and Gun Game Calls
The differance is Haye pulled out of the best fight that could be made with a fake injury, and Klitcko pulled out with a fake injury to make the best fight that could be made. Thats a huge differance.

Fuck Chisora, the best available fight at heavyweight is about to happen, just be thankful
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 7 2011, 02:44 AM) *
The differance is Haye pulled out of the best fight that could be made with a fake injury, and Klitcko pulled out with a fake injury to make the best fight that could be made. Thats a huge differance.

Fuck Chisora, the best available fight at heavyweight is about to happen, just be thankful

Again read the thread Run, I'm not saying I'm unhappy about it, but surely the principle remains the same? It's not like the first time a Klit fight has been postponed due to 'injury' either. These Jo-Bro's have some form.

I'll be hoping for the double knockout.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 7 2011, 02:44 AM) *

So it's NOT okay to steal money from someone who is poor, BUT it IS okay to steal money from a wealthy person?

Fuck the wealthy guy, he has got plenty of more money.

To me it's just the principle, so Wlad should get ripped on.

On that note, I will enjoy watching Klit and Haye finally fight.
and the NEW
I think Wlad blows Haye away like he has done to every opponent in the last few years!

I think Vitali may be in more trouble in his fight.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 6 2011, 11:53 PM) *
Again read the thread Run, I'm not saying I'm unhappy about it, but surely the principle remains the same? It's not like the first time a Klit fight has been postponed due to 'injury' either. These Jo-Bro's have some form.

I'll be hoping for the double knockout.

I think it's the intentions behind the moves.

Haye backed out because of his tv network folding and he wasn't going to get as much money, while complaining about the contracts, and then ran to fight Valuev which is well perceived as the weaker "champ" and the easiest way to a belt, thus avoiding the Klitschkos in many people's eyes.

Wlad, on the other hand, backed out of the Chisora fight explicitly to make the biggest fight in the division.

While I think that as I said before he loses the "moral high ground" by doing it, he is doing it for, for lack of a better word, noble reasons.

Haye is viewed negatively because his reasons for backing out were not in the interest of the sport, rather it was his own money issues, and (depending on how you view it) his own preference to fighting Valuev, while at the same time talking ENORMOUS amounts of shit about the Klitschkos.

Wlad never piled on Chisora with shit talking about how he was going to fuck him up, and then backed out twice.

There IS a difference there.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 7 2011, 04:01 AM) *
So it's NOT okay to steal money from someone who is poor, BUT it IS okay to steal money from a wealthy person?

Fuck the wealthy guy, he has got plenty of more money.

To me it's just the principle, so Wlad should get ripped on.

On that note, I will enjoy watching Klit and Haye finally fight.

Thank you, thank you and thank you, I'm glad someone has the perception to work out what I'm trying to say. Look I'm not mad that Klit has done this, just I can't understand why he gets the free pass to do it.

On the up side guys SENTRAL will have to take my sig bet now and the puppies will be back for a couple of weeks........................or should the unthinkable happen we may see me with some horrible sheep inspired sig scare.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 7 2011, 04:28 AM) *
I think it's the intentions behind the moves.

Haye backed out because of his tv network folding and he wasn't going to get as much money, while complaining about the contracts, and then ran to fight Valuev which is well perceived as the weaker "champ" and the easiest way to a belt, thus avoiding the Klitschkos in many people's eyes.

Wlad, on the other hand, backed out of the Chisora fight explicitly to make the biggest fight in the division.

While I think that as I said before he loses the "moral high ground" by doing it, he is doing it for, for lack of a better word, noble reasons.

Haye is viewed negatively because his reasons for backing out were not in the interest of the sport, rather it was his own money issues, and (depending on how you view it) his own preference to fighting Valuev, while at the same time talking ENORMOUS amounts of shit about the Klitschkos.

Wlad never piled on Chisora with shit talking about how he was going to fuck him up, and then backed out twice.

There IS a difference there.

Haye did the smart thing and fought the weaker guy to collect a strap and thus build the Klit fight into a bigger event. It was a smart move and one I applaud him for. Considering he's gonna end up unconscious somewhere in about the 4th row swallowing his teeth he has played it exactly right.
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 6 2011, 09:26 PM) *

I think you're using a bit of revisionist history to make your point or otherwise you are reading the bits you want to read so that you can have a pop. Up to you mate, my point stands. Neither fighter has come out of all this bullshit looking squeaky clean.

Byrdman mentioned Wlad has done this for noble reasons? Really? Come on mate, he's done this for exactly the same reasons as why Haye did his crafty crap for the past...however long it is...Money. It's all about money.

Chisora was bait but that's life. I slagged that fight off in any case cos it was as much of a joke as the Haye-Harrison farce. Some people tend to think if you slag off one fighters antics you are automatically a nut hugger of his rival. Don't work like that, not where I'm from anyway.

Hopefully the fight actually happens this time but can you really believe anything either of them say after all that has gone on? I know I can't.
Maxy
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 7 2011, 04:52 AM) *
Haye did the smart thing and fought the weaker guy to collect a strap and thus build the Klit fight into a bigger event. It was a smart move and one I applaud him for. Considering he's gonna end up unconscious somewhere in about the 4th row swallowing his teeth he has played it exactly right.

Ditto to that.
Run and Gun Game Calls
sorry but i feel no pitty for haye, or that klitchko has been given a free ride. All you hear is the bitchko sisters on this and many other boards. One time he has an opponent getting more hell than he does, so what, i could care less. As long as they fight that is
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 6 2011, 09:30 PM) *
Correct.

I might add it seems Haye's 'speculation' regarding Wlad's ability to fight 2 fights back-to-back was correct.

Again please read or re-read my comments Gravy. I'm not complaining about it, it's the HW fight I want to see, it's more like Byrdman says, the Klits have lost the moral high ground to bash Haye coz they've just gone and done the same thing. And again why no heat from them from the likes of you?

Not OK for Haye to do it but fine for the Klits to do it?

Double standards anyone?

or this was the only way to make the fight.

because Wlad is actually an accomplished HW giving up a fight that some people on here called complete bullshit to take on the bigger challenge in Haye, Haye was a nobody at HW giving up big fights to take on lesser opposition. not to mention that he pulled out of fights with both Wlad and Vitali, Wlad multiple times. i can easily give him a pass for being a champion and doing what he needs to do to make a fight the fans want to see, the fight sure as shit wasn't Wlad/Chisora.

fake injuries are always getting used for different reasons in boxing, getting out of a difficult fight to take an easy one and getting out of an easy one to have an actual challenge are miles apart though.
Romulus9
I'm sitting here watching the Buster Douglas-Trevor Berbick fight from 1989, and a motivated Buster would give either Klitschko far more trouble than Haye is going to. Not only is Haye not going to be able to hang in there with Wlad, he's also pissed Wlad off. Wlad is going to punish him and carry him for a while, then knock him out as he sees fit.

It's gonna end badly.

SIDE NOTE: I got to meet and chat with Buster last Friday night. Great guy. Very personable. A fighter he's working with debuted (6-4, 290 lbs.) with a 1st round KO. Got a pic and a signed glove.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Mar 7 2011, 04:00 PM) *
I'm sitting here watching the Buster Douglas-Trevor Berbick fight from 1989, and a motivated Buster would give either Klitschko far more trouble than Haye is going to. Not only is Haye not going to be able to hang in there with Wlad, he's also pissed Wlad off. Wlad is going to punish him and carry him for a while, then knock him out as he sees fit.

It's gonna end badly.

SIDE NOTE: I got to meet and chat with Buster last Friday night. Great guy. Very personable. A fighter he's working with debuted (6-4, 290 lbs.) with a 1st round KO. Got a pic and a signed glove.

buster never got the credit for how good a fighter he really was.... when he came to fight motivated... he was a damned good fighter... honestly id like to see how evander would have dealt with him had he been in shape and ready to fight that night.... holyfield MAY have gotten him still but it would have been a different fight...
The CEO
lol...people are actually hatin' on Wladdy for screwin' a Chisora in all of this?

That'd be like hatin' on Lennox Lewis for screwin' a Brian Minto to secure a Riddick Bowe fight...except that Bowe was 50 times better than Haye is now.

That's not justified Hating.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 8 2011, 09:07 AM) *
buster never got the credit for how good a fighter he really was.... when he came to fight motivated... he was a damned good fighter... honestly id like to see how evander would have dealt with him had he been in shape and ready to fight that night.... holyfield MAY have gotten him still but it would have been a different fight...

At his best Douglas was a beast & would be a challenge to any heavyweight IMO. His problem is do you base things off the one night he was "on" or his whole body of work? A fit & focused Douglas is great but it is like Judah. Sure a fit & focused Judah could do many great things but I have only seen one fight against a legit fighter where he was focused & he needed a rematch to be focused.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 8 2011, 11:36 AM) *
lol...people are actually hatin' on Wladdy for screwin' a Chisora in all of this?

That'd be like hatin' on Lennox Lewis for screwin' a Brian Minto to secure a Riddick Bowe fight...except that Bowe was 50 times better than Haye is now.

& Bowe was a stone cold coward who threw his belt away rather than take another beatdown from Len.

I feel sorry for Del Boy. Only because whilst he was undeserving of this fight he took it & shrugged off other lucrative fights to take it & now he gets screwed over & that is somehow OK. Him fighting Tyson Fury may not be lucrative like a Klit fight but that would be a big fight in the UK.

I hate Haye & I want to see him get badly hurt to the point of retirement with facial scarring to ruin his looks. No joking here I want to see him destroyed & ruined by Klit.
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 8 2011, 12:26 PM) *
I hate Haye & I want to see him get badly hurt to the point of retirement with facial scarring to ruin his looks.

Do you think this would be the most handsomest heavyweight fight in the history?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 8 2011, 02:08 PM) *
Do you think this would be the most handsomest heavyweight fight in the history?

No but he sure rates himself & I want to see him scarred up nice like.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 7 2011, 11:08 PM) *

Winner gets Hayden.
Warlord
Wlad can't win with some of you guys, lol. He drops a bout with an undeserving challenger in favor of a bout with the universally recognized biggest threat to his championship. And he gets shit on by the fans.

If Mayweather ever did that you'd have guys licking his jizz up off the floor talking about how awesome he is. I just don't understand boxing fans sometimes. Winning.
JD
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 7 2011, 07:36 PM) *

That's what I am confused by.

It sucks for Chisora, and I feel for the guy...but everyone slammed the fight, even as a tuneup. So now he is going to fight the guy people wanted him to fight, and they feel as though he should have fought Chisora?

It would have been nice to see him fight both, but in the end it was clear - Wlad was not going to cancel the Chisora fight just to negotiate a deal with Haye. He said from the beginning that if Haye signs the deal, he will be in the ring. Once he knew he had the Haye fight signed, he canceled with Chisora.

All that said, Haye is going to get worked.
Maxy
I think people just feel a bit for Chisora. He's been led up the garden path twice now and for fuck all. It's not as if there are shed loads of posters on here declaring their undying hate for Wlad for his shady antics.

Anyway, if the reports are true about it might be Vitali vs Haye if Wlad doesn't recover then I seriously think we need to all start questioning the role these brothers are playing in the fight game. As far as I'm aware they are two different people.
JD
I feel for Chisora...and would like to see him get a shot against someone notable, whether it be Arreola, Valuev, Toney, Peter or Povetkin.
Run and Gun Game Calls
sam peter v/s chisora would be fun
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.