Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday Night Fight Picks
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
. . . and (if you're not at work) why?

Zab Judah v Kaizer Mabuza = Judah TKO 5. Why? I've spent a lot of time making fun of Mabuza's name since this was announced but I've done a bit of research on him too. He is a tough and hungry fighter. He is very aggressive and stays busy throwing heat. He has good uppercuts from both sides. His bodywork is good. When he thinks he has the slightest advantage he starts throwing wide angle bombs though and he does not concern himself with head movement or defense. The best example of what could happen tonight is Kaiser's fight with Fedchenko. Fedchenko had plenty of opportunities but could not slow the South African down. Kaiser will not get away with that with this incarnation of Zab. Judah will make him pay early and often. The game South African will keep coming and will taste canvass by the 4th or 5th round from one of Zab's patented picture perfect uppercuts. The TKO will follow shortly thereafter. Mabuza's best hope is to come in behind his very decent but under used jab. If he is successful in keeping Judah off balance with the jab he may well be able to take this into the late rounds and TKO or decision Zab. This should be fun.

Saul Alvarez v Matthew Hatton = Hatton TKO 8. Why? Because GBP and Alvarez piss me off with this catch weight title bullshit and then not bothering to make weight. Alvarez can be hurt and confused. Hatton may be an over achiever tonight.

Daniel Ponce de Leon v Adrien Broner = Broner TKO 2. Why? Broner is simply too big, too quick, too powerful and too youthful for Ponce de Leon. Broner has never met someone of Daniel's experience though (no matter how undersized). If Ponce de Leon can survive the 1st 4 rounds, shit could get very interesting since Broner has never gone past 8, especially against anyone at Ponce de Leon's level.

Humberto Soto v Fidel Monterrosa Munoz = Soto UD. Why? Threw this in out of respect for Soto who is old school fight 4 times a year champion. This one is not for a belt but you have to give credit where credit is due. Soto's rematching Antillon in 2 months.

So, just 4 the helluvit . . . who you got tonight and why?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Judah SD: Judah will come out in front and outslick this dude. However, Judah can never keep it together for a full fight and Mabuza will keep applying pressure and keep working. He'll outwork Judah late, but it won't be enough. The middle rounds will be close, and there will be some chatter of this being a bad decision. However, Judah is fast enough to put rounds in the bank early on.

Alvarez TKO 6: This is Golden Boy's last real shot at a cash cow, and they are matching him carefully. Oscar will shit his pants ringside if Hatton pulls off this upset. It ain't happening. Canelo is too strong for Hatton, and he didn't even drain down to 150. Dude came in heavy, so he'll have a huge strength advantage over Hatton, as Hatton is a welterweight. Both hold wins over N'Dou, but this is a set up match.

Broner TKO 3: This young man has p4p written all over him. He has a great jab, and is extremely fast. That alone would be enough to dominate Ponce, but he's also the bigger man. This fight will be a mismatch, as Broner will counter Ponce every time he tries to come in. If Ponce tries jabbing, Broner will come right over the top with something. Mark my words, Broner will be the next superstar in boxing.

Soto UD: This man just keeps on coming. He's a veteran and always gives a solid effort in the ring. Would love to see him and Bam Bam Rios next.
caneman
QUOTE (sportsbun @ Mar 5 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Watch Live Boxing: Zab Judah vs. Kaizer Mabuza FREE PPV online streaming webcast internet fight tv and Full boxing replay. Zab Judah vs Kaizer Mabuza Live Streaming Channel Tv Video Online will be placed on Sportsbun.

http://www.sportsbun.com/zab-judah-vs-kaiz...g-march-5-2011/

Watch that bro, you can get banned no questions asked! You might wanna read the rules!
caneman
QUOTE (sportsbun @ Mar 5 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Watch Live Boxing: Zab Judah vs. Kaizer Mabuza FREE PPV online streaming webcast internet fight tv and Full boxing replay. Zab Judah vs Kaizer Mabuza Live Streaming Channel Tv Video Online will be placed on Sportsbun.

http://www.sportsbun.com/zab-judah-vs-kaiz...g-march-5-2011/

Watch that bro, you can get banned no questions asked! You might wanna read the rules!
SmartyBeardo
Ok, I missed the round and it wasn't an uppercut. Excuse me.

Ponce won, IMO BTW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.