Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:30PM(ET)/7:30PM(PT):Alverez vs. M. Hatton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to tonight's card.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Broner bout to show he's the future of boxing. This fight is going to be brutal.
Snoop
Any streams?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Nice win there for Broner. He should have let those hands go a bit more, but he landed some really nice counter right hands. He got out of the way of most of Ponce's shots, and truly outboxed De Leon. I thought it was close, but the kid has a bright future. That's a huge win for him. Next time out, I hope to see him let those hands go. When he put his shots together in the 10th round, he really laid hands on Ponce. Main event next.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 5 2011, 11:22 PM) *
Nice win there for Broner. He should have let those hands go a bit more, but he landed some really nice counter right hands. He got out of the way of most of Ponce's shots, and truly outboxed De Leon. I thought it was close, but the kid has a bright future. That's a huge win for him. Next time out, I hope to see him let those hands go. When he put his shots together in the 10th round, he really laid hands on Ponce. Main event next.

Wow, I've got to say Kyle that although I didn't see this fight everone else on the web seems to think Broner got a lucky decision in there and that it was unpopular with the result. Perhaps not the walk in the park you are implying?
maac
PDL was robbed. The tiny man outhustled and
outfought the bigger man. In addition, what
annoying boxer is this Bonner. His first
test wasn't passed.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (maac @ Mar 5 2011, 11:38 PM) *
test wasn't passed.

Your analysis is typical of what I've been reading across the net. Seems Ponce may have got the short end of the stick.
caneman
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 5 2011, 10:37 PM) *
Broner bout to show he's the future of boxing. This fight is going to be brutal.

I hope the future is better than that! uhggggggggggggg

QUOTE (maac @ Mar 5 2011, 11:38 PM) *
test wasn't passed.

Robbed? Not really but he did win in my eyes! now 99-91 is freaking insane!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
It wasn't a walk in the park, so definitely not trying to imply that. Broner controlled the middle rounds of that fight, and took the 10th round. The decision could have went either way, and I wouldn't have complained if the decision went the other way. Broner did outbox Ponce in many spots, but just didn't let those hands go.

I still think he's the future of boxing. That was a big step tonight for Broner, and he wasn't overwhelmed. In fact, he boxed well, but just didn't let those hands go enough. Eventually, he'll get more comfortable with the better competition, and begin to let those hands go. His counter shots are a thing of beauty. By no means was that a robbery. It was a close fight that could have gone either way.
caneman
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 5 2011, 11:49 PM) *
It wasn't a walk in the park, so definitely not trying to imply that. Broner controlled the middle rounds of that fight, and took the 10th round. The decision could have went either way, and I wouldn't have complained if the decision went the other way. Broner did outbox Ponce in many spots, but just didn't let those hands go.

I still think he's the future of boxing. That was a big step tonight for Broner, and he wasn't overwhelmed. In fact, he boxed well, but just didn't let those hands go enough. Eventually, he'll get more comfortable with the better competition, and begin to let those hands go. His counter shots are a thing of beauty. By no means was that a robbery. It was a close fight that could have gone either way.

yea 4 of the middle rounds and lost every round other then that IMO!
HaydelHammer
hatton very game. decent scrap
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 5 2011, 09:19 PM) *
hatton very game. decent scrap

The shit talk about how great Alvarez is was pathetic.

Hatton did a admirable job. Alvarez did not show much, IMO, but he got the W.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 5 2011, 11:37 PM) *

Hahahahahha

Im no fan of deleon andi feel the guy has one of the most awkard/ugly styles in all of boxing but he got robbed tonight.

I heard things bout Broner too and was expecting a dominating performance but boy was wrong. Broner looked too scared to let his hands go against a guy who was fighting above his normal weight.

Alvarez looked good and dominated as expected bit im still not sold on the kid i know he's only 20 yrs old so i might be expecting too much right now but still see a lot of holes in hos game but to his credit he throws some beautiful ass combos for a fighter his age.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 6 2011, 12:49 AM) *

when you compare Broners perfromance agianst Deleon to that of JuanMa's it ain't looking to good for Broner.
salvador
99-91 for Broner was corrupt. The idea that this judge could possibly get by without being audited/investigated by someone is very sad for boxing. 96-94 either way would have been fine. I'd much rather see De Leon fight again than Broner.

Alvarez is still to young to judge him. I'd love to see him in with either Angulo or Kirkland. Cintron's jab would be too much for him.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 5 2011, 11:31 PM) *
Hahahahahha

Im no fan of deleon andi feel the guy has one of the most awkard/ugly styles in all of boxing but he got robbed tonight.

I heard things bout Broner too and was expecting a dominating performance but boy was wrong. Broner looked too scared to let his hands go against a guy who was fighting above his normal weight.

Alvarez looked good and dominated as expected bit im still not sold on the kid i know he's only 20 yrs old so i might be expecting too much right now but still see a lot of holes in hos game but to his credit he throws some beautiful ass combos for a fighter his age.

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 5 2011, 11:35 PM) *
when you compare Broners perfromance agianst Deleon to that of JuanMa's it ain't looking to good for Broner.

QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 6 2011, 05:23 AM) *
99-91 for Broner was corrupt. The idea that this judge could possibly get by without being audited/investigated by someone is very sad for boxing. 96-94 either way would have been fine. I'd much rather see De Leon fight again than Broner.

Alvarez is still to young to judge him. I'd love to see him in with either Angulo or Kirkland. Cintron's jab would be too much for him.

I agree with both of you.

While de Leon v Broner was not full on robbery, 99-91 was full on bullshit. This kind of crap is endemic in boxing and needs to be addressed. Broner was a dud. Fuse fizzled. Big letdown.

Alvarez, on the other hand, got the job done. My only problem with him is he failed (or, never tried) to make weight. GBP sucks. The sanctioning of a fight contracted for 150 to be for a 154 belt is pathetic. The announcers might as well have been in the ring milking Alvarez's nuts while sucking his dick.

I agree that Alvarez v Angulo is the next logical step up.
JLUVBABY
My take on the hbo card last night was ponce deleon was robbed.. no way broner won that fight... i thought harold ledderman was spot on with his card... and i'm not sure what to say about hatton vs alverez... i feel like alverez should have been able to get hatton out of there as limited as he is number 1... and 2... now that alverez holds a strap he will have to fight more legit comp... dont know if its a joke or not but i read last night bobby pac could be next for him... lol... come on... judging from what he showed last night i think he has serious problems vs a fighter his size with equal skill set that can punch... he was very easy to hit, too easy in my opinion...
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 10:40 AM) *
judging from what he showed last night i think he has serious problems vs a fighter his size with equal skill set that can punch... he was very easy to hit, too easy in my opinion...

I keep thinking that Cintron could own him with his jab. I love Alvarez's style though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 6 2011, 10:11 AM) *
I keep thinking that Cintron could own him with his jab. I love Alvarez's style though.

love his style but oscars gonna have some problems steering this kid... a skilled fighter with some punch gives him issues... hatton was able to touch him a lot last night, and not like he's not supposed to get hit but his defense is next to none... he is really willing to take to give and if jose cotto can stun him a fighter his size can hurt him... but he will be fun to watch... i just dont see the dynamo everyone speaks about.... we'll see who he fights next... if its a gimme i think its pretty obvious they are protecting him... like ive always said... if you wanna be the man and wear a world crown you got to step up... you dont learn on the job as a world title holder....
EAlbian

I like Alvarez but i dont think he's anything special. He comes forward and has strength but no real pop. Vargas would have ate this kid for lunch. If i'm Golden Boy i look for maybe a step-up fight against Julio or maybe Cory Spinks and then a big showdown with Angulo or Chavez at Aztek stadium. 154 is going to be stacked by this time next year and those are the easiest fights i can see for him. HBO should put a tournament on @154, they already have all the top fighters

2012 @154

Miguel Cotto
Sergei Dzinziruk
Paul Williams
Alfredo Angulo
Antonio Margarito
Kermit Cintron
Julio Caesar Chavez JR
Vanes Martirosyan
James Kirkland
Elislandy Lara
Fernando Guerrero
Andre Berto?
Mike Jones?
Danny Jacobs?

Best of the Rest:

Cornelius Bundradge
Yuri Foreman
Cory Spinks
Sechew Powell
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 11:33 AM) *
we'll see who he fights next... if its a gimme i think its pretty obvious they are protecting him... like ive always said... if you wanna be the man and wear a world crown you got to step up... you dont learn on the job as a world title holder....

The thing is that between him and Berto, they're both being paid tons of gold for fighting easy fights. As long as that's the case nobody's going to be in any kind of hurry for them to step up.

Berto fighting Ortiz is almost funny.
EAlbian
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 6 2011, 01:18 PM) *
The thing is that between him and Berto, they're both being paid tons of gold for fighting easy fights. As long as that's the case nobody's going to be in any kind of hurry for them to step up.

yes but i think those days are numbered with the amount of young talent out there that HBO has on their roster right now, when HBO wants a fight it will get made. Williams v Martinez II; Miadana v Kahn; Bradley v Alexander. I think Berto v Alvarez this time next year is a great fight, both can be hit and Alvarez has the star power to sell the fight.

I think Berto vs Ortiz is going to surprise a lot of people and be a good fight. Ortiz can bang, is a southpaw, and can box. He's not slow and if he doesn't fight Berto will take his head off. To say he's picking on a JWW is not necessarily true because Ortiz is taller and has weighed more come fight night than Berto in his last 2 fights. Its basically time to put up or shut up for Ortiz, if he takes a loss here he's got a lot going against him

Kirkland will be ready for the top of the division in two fights and is on the Golden Boy roster, Berto v Kirkland or Alvarez v Kirkland are good fights
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 6 2011, 11:18 AM) *

as a world champion im sure hbo will not except this kid fighting the mathew hattons of the world... like i said in a previous post i read he may be targeting bobby pac next... lol... dont know if it was a joke, i hope it was... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Mar 6 2011, 12:45 PM) *
yes but i think those days are numbered with the amount of young talent out there that HBO has on their roster right now, when HBO wants a fight it will get made. Williams v Martinez II; Miadana v Kahn; Bradley v Alexander. I think Berto v Alvarez this time next year is a great fight, both can be hit and Alvarez has the star power to sell the fight.

I think Berto vs Ortiz is going to surprise a lot of people and be a good fight. Ortiz can bang, is a southpaw, and can box. He's not slow and if he doesn't fight Berto will take his head off. To say he's picking on a JWW is not necessarily true because Ortiz is taller and has weighed more come fight night than Berto in his last 2 fights. Its basically time to put up or shut up for Ortiz, if he takes a loss here he's got a lot going against him

Kirkland will be ready for the top of the division in two fights and is on the Golden Boy roster, Berto v Kirkland or Alvarez v Kirkland are good fights

i agree ortiz vs berto is a lot more solid fight than some may give it credit for.... i expect berto to win ultimately but its not like hes fighting a small 140 lber... ortiz is huge for 140... id say skill for skill he is a better fighter than bertos last few opponents....
kidbazooka1
Alvarez vs Angulo ain't happening any time soon.

Because of his power Angulo is IMO the most dangerouse fighter out there for Canelo at 154lb. I give Alvarez a good shot a beating Cintron though if he applied the pressure needed. We all know how much Cintron loves pressure.Lol
Snoop
Joel Julio would probably be the next step for Alvarez.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 6 2011, 06:31 PM) *
Joel Julio would probably be the next step for Alvarez.

is joel julio even ranked to receive a title shot? alverez holds a strap now... if julio gets next shot that is truly fucked up... he has lost all of his test as a fighter.... the next available contender whom ever that should be deserves next shot at the kid...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 02:47 PM) *
i agree ortiz vs berto is a lot more solid fight than some may give it credit for.... i expect berto to win ultimately but its not like hes fighting a small 140 lber... ortiz is huge for 140... id say skill for skill he is a better fighter than bertos last few opponents....

i think it's because Berto has never done much and gets paid more than he deserves. he's been a champ for 3 years and all he's to show for it's a hard fight with Collazo. people including myself are tired of a jr welter moving up or an undeserving fighter getting a shot at his title.
kidbazooka1
Vanes martisyon should get a crack at Alvarez he should provide a good test for him.

I Know Vanes is an Arum fighter so it's not likely but it would be a good test and a good win for Alvarez
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 6 2011, 08:49 PM) *
Vanes martisyon should get a crack at Alvarez he should provide a good test for him.

I Know Vanes is an Arum fighter so it's not likely but it would be a good test and a good win for Alvarez

same opponent i was thinking tho im not sure alverez beats him but it would be a good test... but if vanes is with arum its not happening anyway... so next!!!... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 6 2011, 07:58 PM) *
i think it's because Berto has never done much and gets paid more than he deserves. he's been a champ for 3 years and all he's to show for it's a hard fight with Collazo. people including myself are tired of a jr welter moving up or an undeserving fighter getting a shot at his title.

we are all tired of it... but the same can be said for alverez... he beat mathew hatton for the vacant title and hadnt beaten anyone of note to deserve a shot at that title in the first place...
Snoop
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 7 2011, 01:57 AM) *
is joel julio even ranked to receive a title shot? alverez holds a strap now... if julio gets next shot that is truly fucked up... he has lost all of his test as a fighter.... the next available contender whom ever that should be deserves next shot at the kid...

Probably not, in fact, definitely not, but I think Julio would be the right level of skill to build Alvarez up. Will be hard to justify though, which is why I think it was a bad move to have him get a strap so early.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 7 2011, 12:58 AM) *
Probably not, in fact, definitely not, but I think Julio would be the right level of skill to build Alvarez up. Will be hard to justify though, which is why I think it was a bad move to have him get a strap so early.

you just said it snoop... alverez is a belt holder now... building up days is now officially over... if he wanted to stay a prospect he never should have fought for the strap...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 7 2011, 02:36 AM) *
you just said it snoop... alverez is a belt holder now... building up days is now officially over... if he wanted to stay a prospect he never should have fought for the strap...

Agree with both you guys, but Golden Turd are so desperate to create a cash cow they will ruin whatever talent/potential this kid has. They tried it with Ortiz and although I believe Saul is made of sterner stuff they really have given him no wiggle room now.
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 02:47 PM) *

At the very least Ortiz should have a step up fight at 147 before fighting Berto.

That said, Berto is too fast and too big for Ortiz. I want to see Berto fight a real ww contender and I'd love to see Ortiz get redemption against Maidana.
Jack 1000
I want to see Berto fight a real ww contender.

Everyone wants to see Berto tested. We almost had that with the unification against Mosley before the Haitian Earthquake understandably forced Berto out. But now, he has got to fight someone with a chance to threaten his undefeated record. This guy's gonna make Mark Breland look like a legend the way he's going. (hahahaha)

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 7 2011, 02:43 PM) *
Everyone wants to see Berto tested. We almost had that with the unification against Mosley before the Haitian Earthquake understandably forced Berto out. But now, he has got to fight someone with a chance to threaten his undefeated record. This guy's gonna make Mark Breland look like a legend the way he's going. (hahahaha)

Jack

after the Hernandez fight he should have said "i'm done with the appetizers HBO, i'm ready for my salad and bread".

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 10:39 PM) *
we are all tired of it... but the same can be said for alverez... he beat mathew hatton for the vacant title and hadnt beaten anyone of note to deserve a shot at that title in the first place...

it wouldn't surprise me to see them in a similar situation, Alvarez is just much more marketable. promoters aren't dumb, Tecate is balls deep in boxing right now and that's because of the huge Latino interest in it. Alvarez had 10,000 people when he headlined against Hatton and at the end of Mosley/Mora everyone was shouting Canelo. this guy has one of the biggest demographics in America and it already loves boxing, GBP/DLH are gonna be extra careful with the golden ginger to try to get that big payday and keep it coming in as easy as possible.
The Original MrFactor
No more excuses about his age. This fight was another gimme. No reason why this guys shouldnt be fed to Kirkland right now. He can fight and he's now a world champ with a major belt at 154. Dont take the Berto route.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 7 2011, 03:29 PM) *
after the Hernandez fight he should have said "i'm done with the appetizers HBO, i'm ready for my salad and bread".

it wouldn't surprise me to see them in a similar situation, Alvarez is just much more marketable. promoters aren't dumb, Tecate is balls deep in boxing right now and that's because of the huge Latino interest in it. Alvarez had 10,000 people when he headlined against Hatton and at the end of Mosley/Mora everyone was shouting Canelo. this guy has one of the biggest demographics in America and it already loves boxing, GBP/DLH are gonna be extra careful with the golden ginger to try to get that big payday and keep it coming in as easy as possible.

at the end of the day they wont be able to keep feeding him softies... i mean i know he fell in to this title shot with hatton but that was past a gimmie... even his most loyal fans will turn on him if he starts feasting on the bobby pacs and mathew hatts of the world... that shit wont fly for long... even pac mania is not as strong as it used to be... and it dont get bigger than that... at the end of the day people pay their hard earned money to watch these guys fight and they want to see good fights... no way alvarez gets away with this level of comp... the way i see it he will be a ppv guy sooner than later and he will have to up his game to some real contenders... age aside which has been the excuse for some he gets beat when his game steps up... the guy is not very skilled and is slow... what he has is plenty of pressure and a better than good punch... we shall see tho... he'll be fun to watch i figure but they have to up his level of comp... last saturday was highway robbery for the people that pay for hbo like i do for its boxing...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 7 2011, 05:03 PM) *
at the end of the day they wont be able to keep feeding him softies... i mean i know he fell in to this title shot with hatton but that was past a gimmie... even his most loyal fans will turn on him if he starts feasting on the bobby pacs and mathew hatts of the world... that shit wont fly for long... even pac mania is not as strong as it used to be... and it dont get bigger than that... at the end of the day people pay their hard earned money to watch these guys fight and they want to see good fights... no way alvarez gets away with this level of comp... the way i see it he will be a ppv guy sooner than later and he will have to up his game to some real contenders... age aside which has been the excuse for some he gets beat when his game steps up... the guy is not very skilled and is slow... what he has is plenty of pressure and a better than good punch... we shall see tho... he'll be fun to watch i figure but they have to up his level of comp... last saturday was highway robbery for the people that pay for hbo like i do for its boxing...

Actually for his age he throws very nice combos i agree his speed is very ordinary but he does have skill.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 7 2011, 05:03 PM) *

i don't know about that J, if he's making money fighting softies they'll keep him in the ring with softies. a big thing about being a mainstream success is what the mainstream audience knows about you and if ESPN or whoever else says it's a good fight they'll buy that shit up just like with all the other mismatched PPVs. time and time again promoters show they don't give a shit about what the boxing fan cares about, the boxing fans aren't getting fighters a million+ buys.

personally i think they want to keep him in the ring with lesser opposition then strike when they see weakness in a guy with a name, then they catch him on the downside of his career and can put the name on his resume.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 7 2011, 08:49 PM) *
i don't know about that J, if he's making money fighting softies they'll keep him in the ring with softies. a big thing about being a mainstream success is what the mainstream audience knows about you and if ESPN or whoever else says it's a good fight they'll buy that shit up just like with all the other mismatched PPVs. time and time again promoters show they don't give a shit about what the boxing fan cares about, the boxing fans aren't getting fighters a million+ buys.

personally i think they want to keep him in the ring with lesser opposition then strike when they see weakness in a guy with a name, then they catch him on the downside of his career and can put the name on his resume.

question is has canelo actually reached the point to where casual boxing watchers are tuning in to watch him fight... think about where he's fighting... in california and nevada where there is either a large hispanic population or as in the case of vegas easily accesible by his audience... and truth is hispanics love boxing like they love their soccer and other national sports... they are great great fans (wish americans could be as loyal to their pugilist but thats another story)... I think the number of true boxing fans, even though its not considered one of the major sports, is under rated in this country... with that being said, its not hard to imagine canelo bringing in X amount of followers from mexico which is not far and his hispanic followers that are already here.. then add in all the other fans and you have a major event.. but you have to have the casual fans acceptance to cross over... he's huge in mexico, here, i think still he is just another fighter and it will take him to have the big fight and win it to get him over that hump... we'll know he's big when cnn sports or espn has a segment on sportscenter dedicated to him after one of his fights each time he fights... maybe after pac and floyd are done he some how gets passed the torch but that wont happen fighting b class opponents... he will have to up his game...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 8 2011, 04:18 PM) *
question is has canelo actually reached the point to where casual boxing watchers are tuning in to watch him fight... think about where he's fighting... in california and nevada where there is either a large hispanic population or as in the case of vegas easily accesible by his audience... and truth is hispanics love boxing like they love their soccer and other national sports... they are great great fans (wish americans could be as loyal to their pugilist but thats another story)... I think the number of true boxing fans, even though its not considered one of the major sports, is under rated in this country... with that being said, its not hard to imagine canelo bringing in X amount of followers from mexico which is not far and his hispanic followers that are already here.. then add in all the other fans and you have a major event.. but you have to have the casual fans acceptance to cross over... he's huge in mexico, here, i think still he is just another fighter and it will take him to have the big fight and win it to get him over that hump... we'll know he's big when cnn sports or espn has a segment on sportscenter dedicated to him after one of his fights each time he fights... maybe after pac and floyd are done he some how gets passed the torch but that wont happen fighting b class opponents... he will have to up his game...

it's not going to happen tomorrow, if GBP can make him a good earning PPV fighter the easiest way possible they will though. we're just going to have to wait and see what happens.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 8 2011, 03:23 PM) *
it's not going to happen tomorrow, if GBP can make him a good earning PPV fighter the easiest way possible they will though. we're just going to have to wait and see what happens.

well canelo himself is talking tough... he out of his own mouth has called out cotto and mosley which is better than anything he has fought... tho i think both are used up...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 7 2011, 08:49 PM) *

Exactly, just like the WBC is doing with Chavez Jr. The same parallel might apply to Alverez.

Give the guy enough Emanuel Augustus type guys who come in to get rounds in, but the opponents of these fighters know that they will almost never win on the scorecards. Than, hope for a former superstar with a big name to come back for a one-night big money payday. (Delahoya, Trinidad etc.) Match the over-hyped guy with a faded star so he can win because faded star has nothing left. Than the over-hyped wonder can retire safely with his record intact. And with the millions that these guys are making for soft opposition, and HBO approving this for business deals instead of what the fans want, you can see why this boxing pattern today is hard to break.

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 8 2011, 03:52 PM) *
Exactly, just like the WBC is doing with Chavez Jr. The same parallel might apply to Alverez.

Give the guy enough Emanuel Augustus type guys who come in to get rounds in, but the opponents of these fighters know that they will almost never win on the scorecards. Than, hope for a former superstar with a big name to come back for a one-night big money payday. (Delahoya, Trinidad etc.) Match the over-hyped guy with a faded star so he can win because faded star has nothing left. Than the over-hyped wonder can retire safely with his record intact. And with the millions that these guys are making for soft opposition, and HBO approving this for business deals instead of what the fans want, you can see why this boxing pattern today is hard to break.

Jack

i dont see what the wbc is doing to make chavez jr a star over here in the states... hes big in mexico partially cuzz of his daddies name... chavez jr is no big star over here...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 8 2011, 04:48 PM) *
well canelo himself is talking tough... he out of his own mouth has called out cotto and mosley which is better than anything he has fought... tho i think both are used up...

i think if Cotto keeps looking worse he could catch him at a good time and just be too fresh for him, then he's the name on his resume and PPV status. same with Mosley, he can catch him at a good time and get the name but none of the challenge.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 8 2011, 04:07 PM) *
i think if Cotto keeps looking worse he could catch him at a good time and just be too fresh for him, then he's the name on his resume and PPV status. same with Mosley, he can catch him at a good time and get the name but none of the challenge.

alverez could take cotto right now i believe... not sure about mosley...
JLUVBABY
sorry guys i wanted to copy and paste the article but its coming from b.s so it wouldnt let me but interesting take on alvarez by vanes... the idea is good but he makes a very legit and valid point... anyway here goes... vanes on alarez and possible 154 wbc tourney...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 8 2011, 07:13 PM) *
sorry guys i wanted to copy and paste the article but its coming from b.s so it wouldnt let me but interesting take on alvarez by vanes... the idea is good but he makes a very legit and valid point... anyway here goes... vanes on alarez and possible 154 wbc tourney...

Vanes ain't no one to be talking sh*t.

Yeah the other guys would beat Alvarez but i don't think he would i don't see sh*t in Vanes.

I would make any kind of bet that he can't get past Alvarez.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.