Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zab Judah KO Video of Mabuza
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Sai
Welcome back Zab!
Lil-lightsout
Beautiful counter left by Zab. Nice win for him.
SmartyBeardo
Indeed. Zab deserves all credit.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Watch Mike go nuts!!
kidbazooka1
Nice finish but Zab will get taken out by an of the top 140lber's IMO.
Box in Hand
Good win for Judah. I didn't think he had anything left in him. Congrats to him, and why does old ass Mike Tyson punching at air look better than 99.9999% of all today's heavyweights. Tyson was going nuts after the ko lol.
leonthegee
Solid win for zab. Maybe he can get 1 more big fight.
and the NEW
I wouldn't mind seeing Zab fight Alexander.

I think it would be a very good fight!
salvador
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Mar 6 2011, 05:45 AM) *

Judah-Khan would be great. I'll take Zab by an uppercut.
Method
Who are the voices in the video calling the fight (or commenting)? The guys says, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! GOOD RIGHT HAND! GOOD RIGHT HAND"

Worse than Lampley.
neophyte7
People on this board picked judah to get his ass kicked... hahaha.. I like Zab against any of the hyped 140 pounders including Bradley's feather fisted overrated ass... two fights in a row he overcame some turbulence, kept his composure, and stuck to his game plan. His defense was tight and you could tell working with Pernell Whitaker has improved his concentration on not getting hit and setting guys up to walk into his power... the counter shot is the same type of shot I have seen whitaker land on guys... I AM TAKING ZAB AGAINST any of the so called "elite" 140 guys. this win restores his confidence. GREAT WIN
kingknockout
Berto would be nice?

maybe lamont peterson (seen him last night at a amateur boxing tournament at sugar's gym)

bradley I'd like to see...It's for for that L for brad

I'm not too crazy over this khan guy though.

or maybe a judah vs sugar shane lol.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 6 2011, 05:58 AM) *
Who are the voices in the video calling the fight (or commenting)? The guys says, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! GOOD RIGHT HAND! GOOD RIGHT HAND"

Worse than Lampley.

Those guys were sooo horrendous that they were hilariously good. They literally had Zab's nuts in their mouths though.

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2011, 06:21 AM) *
People on this board picked judah to get his ass kicked... hahaha.. I like Zab against any of the hyped 140 pounders including Bradley's feather fisted overrated ass... two fights in a row he overcame some turbulence, kept his composure, and stuck to his game plan. His defense was tight and you could tell working with Pernell Whitaker has improved his concentration on not getting hit and setting guys up to walk into his power... the counter shot is the same type of shot I have seen whitaker land on guys... I AM TAKING ZAB AGAINST any of the so called "elite" 140 guys. this win restores his confidence. GREAT WIN

Not all of us, big guy. It was a nice win for Zab. Sweet Pea's influence was very clear. Went just about the way I figured it with the exception that Judah was not as busy as I expected. He was solidly behind on my scorecard, not because he was getting beat up, but rather because he was going whole rounds without throwing anything of consequence. If he pulls that against Bradley, Maidana, Khan or Matthysse, he loses 3 out of 4, unless he gets another gift decision.

Zab deserves all credit for this victory though. And you are correct that almost everybody on here was taking Mabuza.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2011, 09:21 AM) *

Some people just crack me up. AFTER Zab wins big, his super fans come out of the woodwork. Now all the sudden he is the best 140 pounder, lol.

Bradley is overrated and feather fisted? His record and competition disagrees.

It is definitely a great win for him and a step in the right direction, but until he wins a big fight with a better fighter, it is comical to say he is the best 140 pounder.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Mar 6 2011, 05:45 AM) *

Agreed, Judah vs. Alexander and Bradley vs. Khan (as long as he doesn't lose to McCloskey).
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2011, 08:21 AM) *

i picked zab to get his ass kicked and after watching last nights fight if they fought again i'd pick mabuza again and zab wasnt far from losing last night... last night was no walk in the park for zab and at the time of that stoppage mabuza had him hurt again, got too comfortable, and that nice punch became the result of cornering a wounded but dangerous fighter... Zabs defense was on point but that defense is what kept him in the fight... no way zab beats the bradleys or khans or the top fighters... but hey it will be fun to watch him try and i could be dead wrong tho i doubt it in zabs case... who id like to see him fight next?... i think an alexander fight would be fun...
neophyte7
I have been saying Judah would be the 140 pound King since he ditched his ignorant father as head trainer... @ BEARDO... GOOD ANALYSIS. Judah may have been behind on the scorecards I agree yet there was plenty of fight left and Pernell Whitaker had him in relax mode and kept him calm as it seemed their plan was to allow the african to walk into Zab's power after getting over confident. Judah can only get better with Whitaker and I expect his offense to pick up, yet with Whitaker in his corner it seems as if Judah is working on not getting hit early and opening up when time permits. JLUV.. Bradley or Alexander's bitch ass are no where as big as the last two Judah opponents. Bradley does not hit hard at all as evidenced by his 11 kos... he is feather fisted compared to Judah... I like Judah against him. KHAN may be the most difficult.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 6 2011, 08:58 AM) *

Worse than Lampley.

don't know there names but it's 2 local guys, they were riding Zab's nuts all night. they even said something like "if anyone other than Pep can win a round without throwing a punch it's Zab."

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2011, 09:21 AM) *

i got one wrong but Judah will still get his ass kicked even if it isn't by Mabuza.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2011, 01:08 PM) *
I have been saying Judah would be the 140 pound King since he ditched his ignorant father as head trainer... @ BEARDO... GOOD ANALYSIS. Judah may have been behind on the scorecards I agree yet there was plenty of fight left and Pernell Whitaker had him in relax mode and kept him calm as it seemed their plan was to allow the african to walk into Zab's power after getting over confident. Judah can only get better with Whitaker and I expect his offense to pick up, yet with Whitaker in his corner it seems as if Judah is working on not getting hit early and opening up when time permits. JLUV.. Bradley or Alexander's bitch ass are no where as big as the last two Judah opponents. Bradley does not hit hard at all as evidenced by his 11 kos... he is feather fisted compared to Judah... I like Judah against him. KHAN may be the most difficult.

I agree. It was about time that Judah worked with a trainer that could get the most out of his talent. I don't agree though, when you say that Judah would beat Bradley because he doesn't hit hard enough. Baldomir and Spinks didn't hit hard enough and they beat Judah. Yes those guys were bigger, but it's not like either man used their size to maul Judah into corners. Bradley has better defense and technique than Baldomir, not to mention superior ring IQ. Judah could have some success with his jab but the man just doesn't punch enough. He'd get outworked.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2011, 12:08 PM) *

bradley feather fisted?... i dont agree with that at all... he may not have 1 punch ko power but he punches hard enough to make an opponent respect him.... bradley may not knock guys out but he beats the hell out of them till they quit (alexander) or go into defensive survival mode... judah was losing to a fighter with 6 losses in 30 or so fights and if not for getting over aggressive may as well have went on to win the fight last night... if mabuza can have the success he had with judah the top fighters at 140 will have the same and better results, if judah can get better it wont be some miraculous change in him as a fighter, matter fact what won him the fight last night was him getting hit and converting back to the old judah... he is no different than any other fighter that changes his style, once hit he converted back to the style that he was most comfortable with and it served him good last night.. judah was hurt when he landed that shot... dont get me wrong im happy for judah, glad he pulled it out but to think he is a killer all of a sudden in the division is far from reality... i think he is a dangerous fighter still to an extent but not the elite of the division...
JLUVBABY
EpTXCHAMP
Zab haters will never give him props. I knew people were going to say Mabuza was up on the cards till the K.o or that Mabuza is horrible just because he is an unkown. Well I say zab showed better defense, composure and also that he has something alot of the "elite" 140 lb's dont, ONE punch power which makes him a live dog.

I expect mabuza to bounce back just like Matthysse did and then maybe people will give zab more credit for this victory..
also people saying a fight with alexander should be next I expect Matthysse to beat Devon thus canceling that fight. I for one wouldnt mind seeing Marquez move up to try to get zabs belt but I think Marq is going to hold out for a pac fight either way nice to see zab back in the mix because I think its just good for boxing
gravytrain
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 6 2011, 03:06 PM) *
Zab haters will never give him props. I knew people were going to say Mabuza was up on the cards till the K.o or that Mabuza is horrible just because he is an unkown. Well I say zab showed better defense, composure and also that he has something alot of the "elite" 140 lb's dont, ONE punch power which makes him a live dog.

I expect mabuza to bounce back just like Matthysse did and then maybe people will give zab more credit for this victory..
also people saying a fight with alexander should be next I expect Matthysse to beat Devon thus canceling that fight. I for one wouldnt mind seeing Marquez move up to try to get zabs belt but I think Marq is going to hold out for a pac fight either way nice to see zab back in the mix because I think its just good for boxing

that's because Zab is garbage and wont be an elite fighter at 140.

showed good composure? Judah was about to cry when Mabuza scored a knockdown and that shit wasn't even debatable. same old Judah with the same old story.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 6 2011, 02:06 PM) *

fact is mabuza was up on the cards tho tx champ... and fact is when judah landed that shot mabuza had him hurt AGAIN, mabuza got caught at a time he THOUGHT judah was close to being done... so goes boxing... thats not hating thats the truth... and fact is also that judah showed better defense and composure and he showed to have a solid punch when he needed it... judah is a dangerous fighter but not in the mix with the elite in my opinion... bradley, khan, maidana.. those guys beat judah... and like i said i wouldnt rule out mabuza if they fought again... maybe im being to critical but i am just not sold on judah anymore...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 6 2011, 03:02 PM) *
that's because Zab is garbage and wont be an elite fighter at 140.

showed good composure? Judah was about to cry when Mabuza scored a knockdown and that shit wasn't even debatable. same old Judah with the same old story.

you are right about the knockdown... lol... my boy elvers said man hes not crying is he?... lol...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 04:18 PM) *
you are right about the knockdown... lol... my boy elvers said man hes not crying is he?... lol...

it's close to tears man lol. i don't know what he expected since he got hit then his gloved touched the ground, unless that shit barely grazes the canvas and the ref can't see it 10/10 times it's a KD.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 04:15 PM) *
fact is mabuza was up on the cards tho tx champ... and fact is when judah landed that shot mabuza had him hurt AGAIN, mabuza got caught at a time he THOUGHT judah was close to being done... so goes boxing... thats not hating thats the truth... and fact is also that judah showed better defense and composure and he showed to have a solid punch when he needed it... judah is a dangerous fighter but not in the mix with the elite in my opinion... bradley, khan, maidana.. those guys beat judah... and like i said i wouldnt rule out mabuza if they fought again... maybe im being to critical but i am just not sold on judah anymore...

i think it's just a nice shot by Judah. let's be real about this though Mabuza was up at least 4-2 with a knockdown and he's a guy primarily fighting in Africa with no real experience, what is Judah gonna do fighting someone that's actually ranked as one of the top fighters in the 140 pound division? Mabuza is pretty raw and his defense is bad but this dude was catching Judah with nice shots, controlling the fight, and legitimately knocked Judah down. is Judah really doing to do well against a Bradley, Khan, Maidana, or Alexander when someone like Mabuza was getting to him? and to be honest i'd still pick Mabuza against him, i'd see him winning the same way he was winning in the 1st fight and that's by outworking Zab.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 03:15 PM) *
[b]fact is mabuza was up on the cards tho tx champ... and fact is when judah landed that shot mabuza had him hurt AGAIN, mabuza got caught at a time he THOUGHT judah was close to being done... so goes boxing[/b]... thats not hating thats the truth... and fact is also that judah showed better defense and composure and he showed to have a solid punch when he needed it... judah is a dangerous fighter but not in the mix with the elite in my opinion... bradley, khan, maidana.. those guys beat judah... and like i said i wouldnt rule out mabuza if they fought again... maybe im being to critical but i am just not sold on judah anymore...

True but they have said in the post fight the plan was to save energy for the 8-12 rds so giving up early rounds doesnt seem to bad especially for zab when were use to him throwing wild uppercuts and burning out by the 5th.

The way you stated that is fine "so goes boxing"..however I was addressing people who just rant acting like it was a lucky punch and blaming zab for falling behind I mean did we take away from Shanes late K.o vs Mayorga because he wasnt looking too good? I know I didnt because he got the K.O at the end of the day so more power to him.
I dont blame you on not being sold but I've stopped by the hit factory this past two camps for zab and its pure focus now just wish he did this at 28 and not 33 but better late than never, but never late is better ha.

second note the jab is thrown more by zab lately and also the defense was improved even though he gets hit by the right a bit too much plus another camp with Pernell can only improve his D so there is some upside.

Now quick ? for you Jluv you say the elite beat him are you talking easy like k.o by U.D or what cause Im getting an impression your only giving zab a punchers chance if that haha
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 6 2011, 04:26 PM) *
True but they have said in the post fight the plan was to save energy for the 8-12 rds so giving up early rounds doesnt seem to bad especially for zab when were use to him throwing wild uppercuts and burning out by the 5th.

The way you stated that is fine "so goes boxing"..however I was addressing people who just rant acting like it was a lucky punch and blaming zab for falling behind I mean did we take away from Shanes late K.o vs Mayorga because he wasnt looking too good? I know I didnt because he got the K.O at the end of the day so more power to him.
I dont blame you on not being sold but I've stopped by the hit factory this past two camps for zab and its pure focus now just wish he did this at 28 and not 33 but better late than never, but never late is better ha.

second note the jab is thrown more by zab lately and also the defense was improved even though he gets hit by the right a bit too much plus another camp with Pernell can only improve his D so there is some upside.

Now quick ? for you Jluv you say the elite beat him are you talking easy like k.o by U.D or what cause Im getting an impression your only giving zab a punchers chance if that haha

styles make fights... i think a guy like khan would whack him out of there within 5 or 6 rounds or if he didnt would have judah pretty well beat up by that time and would eventually get him... i think bradley just outworks him all night long... maybe stopping him late... i think maidana hunts him down ala mathysis only earlier and finishes the job... i think a fight with him and alexander woulkd be his best bet for a big fight and im not sure he gets past devon cuzz i think he'd come into that fight with something to prove... im not taking anything away from zab but calling it like I see it... i could be wrong but this belt win was his last hoorah... imagine if he was fighting someone that truly deserved the fight for the belt like ortiz or someone like him that was young and hungry....judah would have recieved a beat down...
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2011, 05:06 PM) *
styles make fights... i think a guy like khan would whack him out of there within 5 or 6 rounds or if he didnt would have judah pretty well beat up by that time and would eventually get him... i think bradley just outworks him all night long... maybe stopping him late... i think maidana hunts him down ala mathysis only earlier and finishes the job... i think a fight with him and alexander woulkd be his best bet for a big fight and im not sure he gets past devon cuzz i think he'd come into that fight with something to prove... im not taking anything away from zab but calling it like I see it... i could be wrong but this belt win was his last hoorah... imagine if he was fighting someone that truly deserved the fight for the belt like ortiz or someone like him that was young and hungry....judah would have recieved a beat down...

maidana just not sold on the kid. I mean he beat an experienced ortiz. Until he caught Khan with that one right Khan was in control also lets not over look the fact that maidana struggled with a faded Chop chop. I think zab outboxes maidana
as for bradley think you need to understand the fighters that have outworked zab were either faster or bigger and had pop which bradley does not have. I would still favor bradley but no way do I see him stopping him late. Agree with your take on Devon should be interesting what happens next
neophyte7
I agree.. Bradley's 11 Kos tells me Judah can withstand his pillow fists.. and would open up more in lieu of his lack of power. Zab has great one shot power at 140 and having Pernell Whitaker is an added difference. Bottom line.. Judah kept his composure and was able to collect himself... and got the guy out of there with a perfectly timed shot. Mabuza would give anyone in the 140 division a tough fight----
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2011, 10:11 PM) *
I agree.. Bradley's 11 Kos tells me Judah can withstand his pillow fists.. and would open up more in lieu of his lack of power. Zab has great one shot power at 140 and having Pernell Whitaker is an added difference. Bottom line.. Judah kept his composure and was able to collect himself... and got the guy out of there with a perfectly timed shot. Mabuza would give anyone in the 140 division a tough fight----

I sort of agree with this. In a fight where Zab has the opportunity to be the bigger man and play the bully he stands a chance. I'm still not sold on Bradley so I guess I'm prepared to give Zab more than just a puncher's chance.
Lil-lightsout
Bradley would embarrass Zab. Come on, the constant in your face pressure would wear Judah out. Tim would get an easy mid to late rounds stoppage. Any Judah fans want to give me a few of his "big" fights he won? Bradley is beyond mentally tough, Zab is not.
kidbazooka1
I really don't see why ppl are getting all worked up over this win. It was Mabuza he beta not Khan, Maidana, Bradley or Alexander.

Zab looked like the same version that struggled against that Aregintine fella in his last fight. I don't know i just don't see Zab beating any of the top 140lber anymore.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 7 2011, 07:06 AM) *
Zab haters will never give him props.

You are right there. You have to do something worthy to get props & Zab has done nothing worthy in the boxing world for quite some time.
WolfishPromistah
Zab, who already has shown great tools -- his athleticism, speed and power -- has added effective defense to his game, mixing in smoother lateral movement and more in-your-face/chest-to-chest bobbing and weaving with fresh counters, very reminiscent of Pernell Whitaker. Once he improves further, letting his hands go more while fighting inside, he 'may' clearly outshine opposition like his legendary idol/trainer did it.

Zab appears far more focused under pressure, and we all know he has the fabulous equalizing swiftness, in addition to his ability to deliver a one punch KO; only now we see how he is more composed and sharpened, thus allowing himself to bring it later within a fight. The possible wildcard aspect that I see is his age, however. But if he had this going a few years back (say like even two), I imagine -- with the streak he seems about to get on -- how much better he would be even now.

In his fights under Whitaker, so far, against both Matthyse and Mabuza, Zab has been successful. Keep in mind Zab said that he looks for Mattyhyse to be someone to look out for, the latter being the hardest puncher Zab himself has ever faced. With Zab's experience against heavy handers, it is not hard to believe he was able to make valuable distinction, of course. What has made the difference, though defense and newfound composure. Adding to that, from what I see, Zab is very possibly in "Super-Phoenix" mode with Whitaker by his side. Already, just seeing how well Pernell's presence has been effective tells me it's something Zab should have had for quite some time. It is about time, too.
wedmyr
Can anyone tell me this guy takes good wedding photos?
san diego wedding photographer
wedmyr
wedding photographer in san diego
wedmyr
wedding photography san diego
wedmyr
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 6 2011, 07:11 PM) *
maidana just not sold on the kid. I mean he beat an experienced ortiz. Until he caught Khan with that one right Khan was in control also lets not over look the fact that maidana struggled with a faded Chop chop. I think zab outboxes maidana
as for bradley think you need to understand the fighters that have outworked zab were either faster or bigger and had pop which bradley does not have. I would still favor bradley but no way do I see him stopping him late. Agree with your take on Devon should be interesting what happens next

if this was young judah... the judah around the time of the tszyu fight... yeah id take zab all day vs anybody in the division today... but this zab is a guy that has to pace himself to last the distance.... cant take pressure very well and just went almost life an death with an unknown quantity in mabuza that all most of know is the one fight (holt) off youtube and figured that was enough to base a solid decision... lol... and for those of us that picked mabuza except for a lapse in focusa and getting caught was beating judah... not beating him up but beating him... and had judah rocked on several occasions... the elite guys beat judah including maidana whom in my book is better than mathysis... devon being the lone guy i think judah could make a fun fight with and have a 50/50 chance of winning... judah fought a guy that its questionable rather or not he should have been fighting for that belt.. now thats real talk...
wedmyr
Can anyone tell me this guy takes good wedding photos? san diego wedding photography
wedmyr
wedmyr
wedding photographer in san diego
wedmyr
wedmyr
PR316
It was a good showing by Zab. Nice decent win for him as he builds himself back up.

But the question is can he do that against the top guys in that weight class??....

That may be another story. But because of his speed and power, and along with the fact that none of the other guys at 140 pounds are exactly defensive geniuses, I guess he'd be live in there.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (wedmyr @ Mar 7 2011, 02:57 PM) *

I like your posting style. It seems familiar somehow but refreshing. Kinda like when they do a Diet Coke with lemon flavour. You know it is still Diet Coke but it has a twist in this case a lemon twist & you know much like your account it will not be around for long.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 6 2011, 10:11 PM) *
You are right there. You have to do something worthy to get props & Zab has done nothing worthy in the boxing world for quite some time.

Pretty much sums it up right there.
Fitz
QUOTE (WolfishPromistah @ Mar 7 2011, 02:39 PM) *
Zab, who already has shown great tools -- his athleticism, speed and power -- has added effective defense to his game, mixing in smoother lateral movement and more in-your-face/chest-to-chest bobbing and weaving with fresh counters, very reminiscent of Pernell Whitaker. Once he improves further, letting his hands go more while fighting inside, he 'may' clearly outshine opposition like his legendary idol/trainer did it.

Zab appears far more focused under pressure, and we all know he has the fabulous equalizing swiftness, in addition to his ability to deliver a one punch KO; only now we see how he is more composed and sharpened, thus allowing himself to bring it later within a fight. The possible wildcard aspect that I see is his age, however. But if he had this going a few years back (say like even two), I imagine -- with the streak he seems about to get on -- how much better he would be even now.

In his fights under Whitaker, so far, against both Matthyse and Mabuza, Zab has been successful. Keep in mind Zab said that he looks for Mattyhyse to be someone to look out for, the latter being the hardest puncher Zab himself has ever faced. With Zab's experience against heavy handers, it is not hard to believe he was able to make valuable distinction, of course. What has made the difference, though defense and newfound composure. Adding to that, from what I see, Zab is very possibly in "Super-Phoenix" mode with Whitaker by his side. Already, just seeing how well Pernell's presence has been effective tells me it's something Zab should have had for quite some time. It is about time, too.

There's a blast from the past. Haven't seen you in a while.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 7 2011, 05:03 AM) *
There's a blast from the past. Haven't seen you in a while.

Maybe our call-to-arms to departed posters in that other thread has done the trick.

Say Keith where are you? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.