Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amir Khan accepts challenge, will fight Timothy Bradley (VIDEO)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sai
Why can't everything be this simple?
PR316
Its gonna be competitive. No way either guy has an easy time with the other.

Bradley to me is the smarter of the two and tougher, but Khan has the size and speed so its gonna be interesting.
BigG
I got Bradley whooping Khans ass.
and the NEW
I think this one goes down to the wire, but give me Kahn by the slightest of margins. His going to be working behind that jab all night long and have some serious wheels on him. Stick and move, stick and move. It's his only way to beat Bradley and Roach will work a master game plan.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 7 2011, 12:19 AM) *
I got Bradley whooping Khans ass.

Same here.
mexi-cutioner
I got Khan winning unless that big ass head of Bradley's has something to say about it
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Khan by a sliver. He starts out fast, controlling with his jab and using his size to good effect. Once the middle rounds come and he realises Bradley aint going anywhere the tide will start to turn as Bradley will get to the inside and start to make this an ugly physical fight.

Still I think Amir finds something to steal a couple of rounds down the stretch and squeak out a SD.

I'd be more confident if Ariza were preparing him which I know will invite its own set of jokes but I think Ariza knows his onions and despite his sessions being gruelling they do seem to get his guys in shape.
salvador
Khan's too tall and too good a boxer and Bradley doesn't have the power to wobble him.

Khan by 8-4 or 9-3 type of decision.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Sai @ Mar 6 2011, 11:30 PM) *
Why can't everything be this simple?

simple? not yet. i'll believe it when the bell rings.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 7 2011, 04:57 AM) *
Khan by a sliver. He starts out fast, controlling with his jab and using his size to good effect. Once the middle rounds come and he realises Bradley aint going anywhere the tide will start to turn as Bradley will get to the inside and start to make this an ugly physical fight.

Still I think Amir finds something to steal a couple of rounds down the stretch and squeak out a SD.

I'd be more confident if Ariza were preparing him which I know will invite its own set of jokes but I think Ariza knows his onions and despite his sessions being gruelling they do seem to get his guys in shape.

why? he just makes Khan and anyone else do things that are the standard in S&C, he's not making them do anything special. the biggest difference is Ariza works with Pac so he can charge whatever the fuck he wants and the next man can't say the same so he gets paid less.
The CEO
QUOTE (Sai @ Mar 6 2011, 11:30 PM) *

Urban Speech Pathologist observing Khan: "Muhfucka SHOOK. Lyin'."

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 7 2011, 05:34 PM) *
why? he just makes Khan and anyone else do things that are the standard in S&C, he's not making them do anything special. the biggest difference is Ariza works with Pac so he can charge whatever the fuck he wants and the next man can't say the same so he gets paid less.

Well I thought his conditioning was one of the main reasons he didn't get knocked the fuck out against Maidana. 2 years ago that shot puts Khan to sleep.

I think Ariza has improved Pac as well (insert joke here.)

But I guess according to you any fool could do this stuff. I guess Shillstone is nothing special either.
leonthegee
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 7 2011, 05:50 AM) *
Khan's too tall and too good a boxer and Bradley doesn't have the power to wobble him.

Khan by 8-4 or 9-3 type of decision.

9 to 3 are you crasy. Did anybody watch Khan almost fold to Maidana? Maidanas more lightweight than jr welter. I can easily see Khan folding by the 10th round.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 7 2011, 07:42 PM) *
Well I thought his conditioning was one of the main reasons he didn't get knocked the fuck out against Maidana. 2 years ago that shot puts Khan to sleep.

I think Ariza has improved Pac as well (insert joke here.)

But I guess according to you any fool could do this stuff. I guess Shillstone is nothing special either.

anyone with a degree in sports science could help out a fighter, one trainer making you do the industry standard isn't any different than another making you do it. the only difference would be if there's just some profound chemistry between the fighter and trainer and they feel comfortable together, if the fighter doesn't give a fuck it isn't changing anything.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 7 2011, 09:41 PM) *
anyone with a degree in sports science could help out a fighter, one trainer making you do the industry standard isn't any different than another making you do it. the only difference would be if there's just some profound chemistry between the fighter and trainer and they feel comfortable together, if the fighter doesn't give a fuck it isn't changing anything.

And you know EXACTLY what type of programs Ariza has Pac or had Khan on? And if it's so vanilla then why wasn't Khan using a strength coach beforehand?

I will agree though trainer/fighter chemistry is very important. As I've read somewhere else it actually takes a very charismatic to come and and push the guy who is essentially the boss to the very limits in a tough training camp.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 7 2011, 10:10 PM) *
And you know EXACTLY what type of programs Ariza has Pac or had Khan on? And if it's so vanilla then why wasn't Khan using a strength coach beforehand?

I will agree though trainer/fighter chemistry is very important. As I've read somewhere else it actually takes a very charismatic to come and and push the guy who is essentially the boss to the very limits in a tough training camp.

ask Khan. probably because Ariza was there when he made a switch to Roach. however Roach put Khan up with another guy so Ariza must not be too spectacular. how could i know exactly what he's either on? unless i live in LA and stalk them that shit isn't happening. i've seen what they've talked about in interviews regarding the programs and pretty cut and dry from the agility latter to medicine ball throws.

being a trainer in boxing would be shitty regardless. fighters never want to admit defeat, if they lose a fight you'll be the first to go because of the retarded "lifting weights makes you slow" bullshit that still exists. not to mention that you've two bosses; the boxing trainer and the fighter, so you've to build the programs around 2 different people. there are also 2 people looking to fire your ass if the fighter loses.
PR316
I don't see how Khan has an easy time in this fight. 9-3 is ridiculous.

Bradley is not Kotelnik. He'll get in there and make it ugly.

And he has more than enough speed and skills to hit Khan ALOT..
salvador
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 7 2011, 09:13 PM) *
9 to 3 are you crasy. Did anybody watch Khan almost fold to Maidana? Maidanas more lightweight than jr welter. I can easily see Khan folding by the 10th round.

If it hadn't been for Maidana's power Khan would have pitched a shutout. Bradley is obviously more active but he doesn't have the power to hurt Khan - particularly if Khan uses his jab to keep the much shorter Bradley outside.
alaganza
If Khan uses the jab and his legs that would be the best defense to guard against the massive head attack from Bradley. I really don't think Bradley can win the fight at distance. He has to get in and make it a fight. As long as Khan makes it a boxing match and not a fight he will be fine.
Mean Mister Mustard
It's going to be a hard fight for either guy. For Bradley, despite being the more complete fighter, he's going to have to overcome Khan's height and risk getting caught with something big as he wade in. Khan is going to have to be able to withstand Bradley's dirty tactics. He also better show up in great condition, otherwise once he gets tired, and his jab gets lazy, Bradley will start landing his overhand counters.
caneman
I think it is a very close to pick em kinda fight but I am thinking Bradley will be too rough & tough for Khan! Not to say Khan couldn't outbox him, I just can't see it happening but he has the skills to win it! If it comes down to a battle of wills, I think Bradley wins!

Hey just a question here, how come every time there is a British/Arab boxer that is ok, they make him the next coming? I don't get it really...1st Naz & now Khan! I don't think neither are/were that good!
The Original MrFactor
Every guy Bradley fights is "bigger and taller." Khan's thing is that he's a very aggressive fighter early on. His thing will be to catch Tim with something in the first 10 seconds of round 1. Tim is an excellent counter puncher. He has great defense and is an excellent body puncher. Defense and a running game wins titles. Khan is more run and shoot. Bradley is more of a ground game and defense type guy. I pick Bradley to either stop Khan late or to grind him down in an ugly brawl. Picture the 2001 Superbowl Champion Ravens against the Warren Moon led Houston Oilers of the early 1990's...
gravytrain
i think Bradley is gonna time Khan, put on sustained pressure, and win a close decision.
ViperSniper
Still not sure about this bout, but who knows, McCloskey may very well ruin the big plans of a Unification bout?

Bradley seems to have a decent chin, but has show he can be hurt early (round 1) and late (round 12) by Holt who had decent power himself. Khan also has very good power so I think it's very possible he can hurt Bradley in this fight and if so, may even get the job done. On the other hand Khan has already been taken out very early & Bradley is a very tough fighter who mauls his opponents with his inside game attack upstairs and down pretty good, with very busy hands. This is a good match up with Khan playing the roll of a tall rangy fighter which will force Bradley being the short busy inside fighter to follow him around. Style wise I think Khan gives Bradley more trouble, but I give Bradley the edge in his mental toughness, confidence and ring IQ. I will need more time to think about this one..
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 8 2011, 11:56 AM) *
Every guy Bradley fights is "bigger and taller." Khan's thing is that he's a very aggressive fighter early on. His thing will be to catch Tim with something in the first 10 seconds of round 1. Tim is an excellent counter puncher. He has great defense and is an excellent body puncher. Defense and a running game wins titles. Khan is more run and shoot. Bradley is more of a ground game and defense type guy. I pick Bradley to either stop Khan late or to grind him down in an ugly brawl. Picture the 2001 Superbowl Champion Ravens against the Warren Moon led Houston Oilers of the early 1990's...

I'd favour Bradley to take it, but he has never faced a guy as big, fast as Khan. Holt comes close but he wasn't nearly as outgoing with his offense as Khan is.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 8 2011, 10:37 AM) *
I think it is a very close to pick em kinda fight but I am thinking Bradley will be too rough & tough for Khan! Not to say Khan couldn't outbox him, I just can't see it happening but he has the skills to win it! If it comes down to a battle of wills, I think Bradley wins!

Hey just a question here, how come every time there is a British/Arab boxer that is ok, they make him the next coming? I don't get it really...1st Naz & now Khan! I don't think neither are/were that good!

i think naz was pretty good... i didnt like him but he had some good wins.. def was fun toi watch... he showed how good bererra really was cuzz not just anybody was going to beat him...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 8 2011, 04:29 AM) *
If it hadn't been for Maidana's power Khan would have pitched a shutout. Bradley is obviously more active but he doesn't have the power to hurt Khan - particularly if Khan uses his jab to keep the much shorter Bradley outside.

If it hadn't been for Khan's power, Maidana would have walked right through him.

QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 8 2011, 08:37 AM) *

Largely untapped market in gross numbers, but most importantly in immense wealth. London is home to a decent chunk of that wealth.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 8 2011, 08:56 AM) *

Good post.

I think Khan may actually have the advantage in this fight because I do not think that "an ugly brawl" will be allowed. This may be the fight that Bradley loses by Technical Decision, in a bullshit "protect our Arabian/Islamic cash cow." And it does not matter one bit whether Khan is or is not Islamic. The vast majority of the Arab world is.
Maxy
Smarty, there ain't no London roots with either Naz nor Khan. Sheffield and Bolton mate....

Not that it matters I suppose.

Caneman, in England we have a habit of making any ol' cunt the "second coming!" Second coming of what though, that's what I ask?

laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 9 2011, 07:16 AM) *
Smarty, there ain't no London roots with either Naz nor Khan. Sheffield and Bolton mate....

Not that it matters I suppose.

Caneman, in England we have a habit of making any ol' cunt the "second coming!" Second coming of what though, that's what I ask?

laugh.gif

What does whether Khan has London roots have to do with it? He is an Arab. There is huge Arab money in London, as well as New York, LA, etc. The money will buy tickets at higher prices. Khan brings a demographic that could give a shit about boxing to the table. Fact is, in Khan's case, the attention is warranted. He has good skill and very good potential.

Why are certain Mexican fighters being attended to like princesses? Because of their ability to draw beyond the core of the boxing market.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Khan has had some of that royal treatment. He is growing on me though.
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 9 2011, 10:27 AM) *
What does whether Khan has London roots have to do with it? He is an Arab. There is huge Arab money in London, as well as New York, LA, etc. The money will buy tickets at higher prices. Khan brings a demographic that could give a shit about boxing to the table. Fact is, in Khan's case, the attention is warranted. He has good skill and very good potential.

Why are certain Mexican fighters being attended to like princesses? Because of their ability to draw beyond the core of the boxing market.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Khan has had some of that royal treatment. He is growing on me though.

Khan's a big draw with the asian people over here....a lot of his asian fans are complete arseholes. Fact. You brought up London anyway. Besides there is a much larger asian community up north than down south. Royal treatment? You'll have to enlighten me on that one.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 9 2011, 10:38 AM) *
Khan's a big draw with the asian people over here....a lot of his asian fans are complete arseholes. Fact. You brought up London anyway. Besides there is a much larger asian community up north than down south. Royal treatment? You'll have to enlighten me on that one.

ive never been to london and plan to go one of these days... what is there to do in london maxy?... do you live in london?
JD
Amir Khan is Pakistani.

That aside, I think the Bradley fight is very interesting. I lean toward Khan by decision...but credit Bradley with having immeasurable attributes in there that it is easy to look past.

JD
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 9 2011, 11:43 AM) *
ive never been to london and plan to go one of these days... what is there to do in london maxy?... do you live in london?

London is awesome. If it is one place besides NY that I could live, it would be London. As far as what there is to do...it is a big City with a lot of history, and a quaintness in certain areas. There is a ton do all the time.
Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 9 2011, 11:43 AM) *

No, I'm not in London anymore. Lived in South London for several years. It's a dive, as in shit hole, dump. London for a tourist is good if that type of thing interests you but it's bloody ridiculously expensive. You'll have a good time if you do visit and I can tell you where best not to go.

QUOTE (JD @ Mar 9 2011, 12:30 PM) *
Amir Khan is Pakistani.

That aside, I think the Bradley fight is very interesting. I lean toward Khan by decision...but credit Bradley with having immeasurable attributes in there that it is easy to look past.

Khan is Pakistani, yep but in England we call Pakistanis Asian. I believe Americans call them something else...Arabs?
Provo2O9
Amir khan wins this fight i say 9 rounds to 3 !! way to busy for Bradley ,bradley will come at him all night and get caught all day ,khan will come in a fire 4 to 5 punches and get out the way ,bradley has no power for khan to respect his punches .i see khan picking him apart all night.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 9 2011, 08:38 AM) *

QUOTE (JD @ Mar 9 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Amir Khan is Pakistani.

Alright, that was a dumbass slip on my part. What is ironic about it is I have actually spent considerable time in Pakistan, some of which was very recently.

IMO, Khan has been treated special in a semi-JCC jr sort of way until relatively recently. However, he has battled Kotelnik and Maidana in about the last year so it is hard to criticize the level of his competition.

I do have reasons for having said what I did about the Arab connection, however it was never an issue for me. I couldn't care less what race, religion or nationality a fighter claims. And the way I presented it appeared comically ignorant.

QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 9 2011, 12:15 PM) *
No, I'm not in London anymore. Lived in South London for several years. It's a dive, as in shit hole, dump. London for a tourist is good if that type of thing interests you but it's bloody ridiculously expensive. You'll have a good time if you do visit and I can tell you where best not to go.

Khan is Pakistani, yep but in England we call Pakistanis Asian. I believe Americans call them something else...Arabs?

Only been there a few times and only once for pleasure. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Used to be that London was famous for lousy cuisine. That is currently a myth. I wonder if Boise dale's is still operating? Enjoy wandering through London neighborhoods, and touring the traps- Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, impressive art museums and galleries, people watching. Relatively expensive but not obscenely.
JD
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 9 2011, 03:15 PM) *

No no...I understood where you were coming from. I was just responding to Beardo's slip up.

No sweat.
D-MARV
I said about a year and a half ago that Khan was the best fighter at 140. Nothing has happen to make me change my mind. Khan by clear decison with a few tough moments middle to late rounds.
blackbelt2003
Bradley is by far the best 140lb'er....but if you're gonna create the style to give Bradley fits it would be Khan's.

Give Bradley a guy he can get inside and work on, someone who doesn't throw too much leather back (like Alexander or Witter) and he'll have a field day.

Give him angles, movement and (most importantly) a high workrate BACK at him and he'll struggle.

That's why Khan will fit the bill providing he can get his conditioning bang on. He can control on the outside and hold his own with volume coming back at him. I'm also confident in his improved toughness after seeing him in with Maidana. The Khan of pre-world title days would have crumbled, but the fact that he took his licks like a man without going down tells me he is getting stronger and tougher with age and experience.

This is currently 50/50, but with each passing fight Khan is improving and the odds are shortening.

Black
JLUVBABY
i think both fighters pros and cons compliment each other... it may come down to who can inflict whos style on the other most... they both nullify each other but expect a very good fight...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.