Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peta is at tysons throat
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
PETA protests at Tyson’s house

Members of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) have gathered in from of Mike Tyson’s Las Vegas gated community to protest the ex-heavyweight champion’s new reality TV series on the Animal Planet network. The show depicts Tyson’s love for pigeons and pigeon racing, a sport which the organization cites as cruel to pigeons.
March 8th, 2011

that is a bunch of shit... peta over steps boundaries with some of their shit they decide to do... those birds are pets he loves... whats next? are we gonna have guidelines bout how far we can walk our dogs?... this shit is crazy... not just because its mike but i think they are fucking with the wrong person this time... there are too many other people out there not feeding their animals, fighting them and just out right torturing them for them to be going after a guy thats showing love for birds that nobody else really give a fuck about...just my opinion on that...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 8 2011, 10:06 PM) *
PETA protests at Tyson’s house

Members of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) have gathered in from of Mike Tyson’s Las Vegas gated community to protest the ex-heavyweight champion’s new reality TV series on the Animal Planet network. The show depicts Tyson’s love for pigeons and pigeon racing, a sport which the organization cites as cruel to pigeons.
March 8th, 2011

that is a bunch of shit... peta over steps boundaries with some of their shit they decide to do... those birds are pets he loves... whats next? are we gonna have guidelines bout how far we can walk our dogs?... this shit is crazy... not just because its mike but i think they are fucking with the wrong person this time... there are too many other people out there not feeding their animals, fighting them and just out right torturing them for them to be going after a guy thats showing love for birds that nobody else really give a fuck about...just my opinion on that...

No doubt JLUV. You know as well as I do that this bullshit is only meant to bring publicity to their movement. These motherfuckers aren't interested in a line my friend. They are the animal rights version of fundamentalists. They are all dangerous because they are all convinced that their way is the only way.

BBQing a few racks manana BTO.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 9 2011, 12:16 AM) *
No doubt JLUV. You know as well as I do that this bullshit is only meant to bring publicity to their movement. These motherfuckers aren't interested in a line my friend. They are the animal rights version of fundamentalists. They are all dangerous because they are all convinced that their way is the only way.

BBQing a few racks manana BTO.

man i just hate people like that.. theres a lot worse people in this world... that man cares for those damn beards and i think would actually give his life for them...
Run and Gun Game Calls
PETA

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
jlupi
peta over steps boundaries with some of their shit they decide to do... those birds are pets he loves>>>>

the top of peta is against all pet ownership and of course we all need to be vegetarians. I believe they have a campaign to rename fish - sea kittens.
HaydelHammer
This is typical PETA. Only come around when there is a "Name" involved where they can receive some press.
ViperSniper
I like some of the idea's of PETA as I think they're generally for a great cause, but this along with few other things I've read in the past is getting a little bit too overboard. I feel this would be an insult to Mike Tyson as he has had an enormous love for these birds his entire life and would be second to boxing for him. He would most likely kill for these birds and would destroy anyone who was harming these birds as he has done in the past.

While on topic..I've always wondered how the hell do you race pigeons anyways?? I'd think it would be the 1st pigeon the flies away far enough that you loose sight of it, hence why I'm curious to catch this show of his LOL. I hope they back off of Tyson on this whole thing, as he seems to be doing what he loves without hurting them.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 9 2011, 09:47 AM) *
I like some of the idea's of PETA as I think they're generally for a great cause, but this along with few other things I've read in the past is getting a little bit too overboard. I feel this would be an insult to Mike Tyson as he has had an enormous love for these birds his entire life and would be second to boxing for him. He would most likely kill for these birds and would destroy anyone who was harming these birds as he has done in the past.

While on topic..I've always wondered how the hell do you race pigeons anyways?? I'd think it would be the 1st pigeon the flies away far enough that you loose sight of it, hence why I'm curious to catch this show of his LOL. I hope they back off of Tyson on this whole thing, as he seems to be doing what he loves without hurting them.

Same here. Is there some type of imaginary circular area in the sky the pigeons fly around (like running 400 meters) or something? LOL
KookedKrack
I saw the show where exactly is the cruelty to pigeons, is it in the top of the line food they are getting? Those were probably some of the best kept birds I have ever seen. They need to leave Mike the fuck alone dude genuinely loves those birds and treats them well, this is only making PETA look bad imo.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 9 2011, 10:47 AM) *

They were showing it on the show ......They get the pigeons used to the coup until the birds feel its "home". Then they take them somewhere far as fuck and release them along with the other birds if they are used to the coup they will fly home. Since different coups are in different locations they average which bird had the quickest time.
JLUVBABY
i wish i knew how to write those fuckers... i'd send them an email... this is just overboard... szend them a picture of me eating steak or something while im at it... those people are laughable... what they should be concentrating on they arent...
JONdaCON817
So theyre juss Pigeons? as in the birds that cover the streets in NY?.. gay. They act like hes keeping Cranes or Bald Eagles. PETAs gay as hell. They want the world to be Vegetarians... nahh hoe, I eat the animals that eat the grass, thats how the circle of life works. if we skip important steps then soon Plants will be eating us and shyt...

I think ima endulge myself in some Quail.. mmm.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Mar 9 2011, 07:30 PM) *
So theyre juss Pigeons? as in the birds that cover the streets in NY?.. gay. They act like hes keeping Cranes or Bald Eagles. PETAs gay as hell. They want the world to be Vegetarians... nahh hoe, I eat the animals that eat the grass, thats how the circle of life works. if we skip important steps then soon Plants will be eating us and shyt...

I think ima endulge myself in some Quail.. mmm.

Actually humans only began to eat meat once they discovered how to create fire. Our digestive sytems and even our teeth are designed in such a way that means our ancestors were essentially herbivores.

However I getcha, PETA should leave Mike alone. Those pigeons of Mike's prolly have a far better life than most humans.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 9 2011, 08:35 PM) *
Actually humans only began to eat meat once they discovered how to create fire. Our digestive sytems and even our teeth are designed in such a way that means our ancestors were essentially herbivores.

However I getcha, PETA should leave Mike alone. Those pigeons of Mike's prolly have a far better life than most humans.

you said it ollie... this is really sad in a sense... tyson finally finds peace in his life and has peta demonstrating in front of his house... bet if that old mike tyson comes out on their ass they'd want to call the cops etc... fuckers... pisses me off... at times it seems the world wont be happy unless mike commits suicide... i swear.. and thats sad...
SmartyBeardo
I'm not as at peace as Iron Mike. If Peta found out that I enjoy a professionally prepared pigeon (usually in Paris bistros) now and then, would they try to pull that shit at my front gate?

Not likely (or healthy for them) since I am an anonymous pigeon chewer.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 10 2011, 12:29 AM) *
I'm not as at peace as Iron Mike. If Peta found out that I enjoy a professionally prepared pigeon (usually in Paris bistros) now and then, would they try to pull that shit at my front gate?

Not likely (or healthy for them) since I am an anonymous pigeon chewer.

No they'll be outside the Parisian bistro protesting the torture of snails next.
caneman
I think they should go after MTV for paying that pig Snooki a million dollars! lmao! I mean to put that pig in a swim suit or dress is fucking cruel as hell & leave Mike alone!
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 9 2011, 10:47 AM) *

I do remember watching the movie Tyson and he did say that he got into his first fight as a kid when someone snapped the neck of one of his pigeons.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Mar 9 2011, 10:21 PM) *
I do remember watching the movie Tyson and he did say that he got into his first fight as a kid when someone snapped the neck of one of his pigeons.

I guess that means it is more likely that Tyson shows up at my intercom. "No, honestly ociffer, I thought it was an escaped gorilla."
salvador
PETA should stick with the naked women ad campaigns.

I seriously doubt anyone is worried about pigeons that aren't being killed/tortured/used for medical testing ect.

It's stuff like this that makes PETA come across like the ACLU.
JLUVBABY
my letter to peta...

I think it's sad that P.E.T.A has nothing better to do than harass a person like Mike Tyson that is doing nothing wrong to his pet pigeons but caring for them better than some humans are cared for. There are people in the world that are actually doing great harm or worse to their pets yet your organization has nothing else better to do than bother and harass a person because of their name and a television show. Your organization should be ashamed of itself. I think it's very sad that a person such as Mike, who has a checkered past, tries to do one of the few things that brings joy to his life and your organization tries to help get your name out there with protesting an act that has been enjoyed and practiced by humans for thousands of years and now its not supposed to be o.k because P.E.T.A says it's not right?..I beg to differ... Your organization needs to stick to protecting the animals that are truly in danger. What's next? Will your organization come up with rules and guidelines on how many fish i can have in my tank, how far I can walk my dog?... That is a very ridiculous act from your organization and I,as well as many other people I know really wish your organization would find something better to do with your time.

if anyone wants to write them this is the addy... petas contact site
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 10 2011, 10:14 PM) *
my letter to peta...

I think it's sad that P.E.T.A has nothing better to do than harass a person like Mike Tyson that is doing nothing wrong to his pet pigeons but caring for them better than some humans are cared for. There are people in the world that are actually doing great harm or worse to their pets yet your organization has nothing else better to do than bother and harass a person because of their name and a television show. Your organization should be ashamed of itself. I think it's very sad that a person such as Mike, who has a checkered past, tries to do one of the few things that brings joy to his life and your organization tries to help get your name out there with protesting an act that has been enjoyed and practiced by humans for thousands of years and now its not supposed to be o.k because P.E.T.A says it's not right?..I beg to differ... Your organization needs to stick to protecting the animals that are truly in danger. What's next? Will your organization come up with rules and guidelines on how many fish i can have in my tank, how far I can walk my dog?... That is a very ridiculous act from your organization and I,as well as many other people I know really wish your organization would find something better to do with your time.

if anyone wants to write them this is the addy... petas contact site

Woooohooo! JLUV goin activist on the activists.
JLUVBABY
this is my response from peta... i responded back but did it on my blackberry so i cant post it...

Dear Mr. DeRouen,

Thank you for contacting PETA regarding Mike Tyson’s new television series, Taking On Tyson, and the callous “sport” of pigeon racing. To read about our thoughts on Tyson and his show, please visit http://www.PETA.org/b/thepetafiles/archive...on/default.aspx.

We oppose the entire industry of pigeon racing, just as we oppose horse racing, dog racing, and other forms of “entertainment” in which animals are forced to participate. We are speaking up about this show because Tyson has chosen to make himself the figurehead of this often deadly sport.

Pigeons who are forced to race are taken hundreds of miles away from their mates and chicks. Handlers trick female pigeons by giving them plastic eggs before races to make them desperate to return to the roost. These techniques exploit pigeons’ natural loyalty to their mates and dedication to their young. Many birds die when they are forced to race through storms or are attacked by predators, such as hawks. The ones who must land because of injury, exhaustion, or inclement weather often starve to death because they are unable to survive in the wild. Many birds never return from races. The American Racing Pigeon Union disclosed that at a 2010 race in Oklahoma City, more than 800 pigeons—60 percent of the total number entered—did not return from training flights or the race itself. Only 462 of the 1,354 pigeons originally entered returned. The rest died and/or went missing.

Pigeons who manage to make it all the way home but fail to beat their competitors’ times are usually killed for their failure and to make room for younger birds who are more lucrative. Most owners slaughter the majority of their pigeons at the end of the racing season, rather than paying to care for the birds in the off-season. Culling methods include breaking or wringing birds’ necks, gassing them, drowning them, and selling them to live-poultry markets. Tyson has stated in interviews that he tries not to become attached to his birds and that he prefers breeder pigeons because he can just breed more when the others inevitably suffer injuries or die.

Animal Planet should not be glamorizing this cruel “sport,” which depends on illegal gambling to exist. It should stick to animal-friendly shows like Whale Wars and Animal Cops, not a show about subjecting birds to injuries, exhaustion, and death.

To learn more about how animals suffer when they are used for entertainment, please go to http://www.PETA.org/issues/Animals-In-Ente...nt/default.aspx. For tips on how you can get active to help these animals, visit http://www.PETA.org/action/default.aspx.

needless to say i laid in to them after this about my love for alligator, beef, pork and seafoods.... we'll see what the response is... lol...
lloyd mayflower
Quality work JLUV. Get stuck right into these arseholes!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 12 2011, 04:43 AM) *
Just fired of my first email lambasting them for publicity stunt protests, while 10's of thousands of birds are trapped and exterminated each year on DOD air bases around the world.

OOhRah!

Precisely what this is about. Good form lads.
BGv2.0
The thing with PETA is....there bottom line agenda is the whole world not eating animals....bottom line.

Of course they don't want anybody beating animals or using them for sport and that's all well and good but their idea of success would be living in a world where we all are vegans.

Which is BS in my opinion as my canine's are clearly meant for ripping flesh...PLUS the world would be AWFUL if historically used herd animals were not thinned out. If you thought our ozone had a hole in it now....wait until you see what farts from an unchecked cattle population would do!

Seriously....a cow fart is about as deadly as 3 diesel trucks left on idle!

Peta would not be too bad of an organization if it were not for it's current leader...Ingrid Newkirk....she's such a limey, slimey douche Brit!

Hell her BS antics even forced the original founder to get out while the gettin was good!

She's a media whore of the highest level.

Support your local ASPCA or local shelters, those are the ones that are making a difference!

JLUVBABY
its people like this that will hold us back from moving forward... it sounds funny but its real at the same time... how are they gonna fuck with that man about racing some damn birds that populate as fast as mice and rats?... lol... they are fuckin stupid and on some other shit with that... like i told them once they stop dog and horse racing (yeah right) they are gonna next form some type of plant laws... lets be real if they think dogs should race etc... why should we be able to pick berries from a tree... pluck apples and pears from the mfers?... lol... thats what we are coming too.. we are coming to the question of does trees and plants have rights?... lol... we can only have the fruit or vegetable if and or when it falls from the tree or plant... same thing with nuts... lol.. thats how these people think and that shit is crazy as hell.... what about the people that practice falcontry (some shit id like to do by the way)... if they had their way they would abolish all these old sports that include animals that have been around since the beginnig of time as we know it.. matter of fact we will have to go out and buy special sleds to put our dogs on to walk them... lol.... thats how demented these peoples minds are... pathetic.. i told em once i finished my last letter i was going take some pork ribs out my freezer and some chicken for tomorrow and i was going clean some fish.... lol...
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 10 2011, 12:35 AM) *

Actually Ollie we are a hybrid. In our mouths we have flat teeth, but we also have k9's

As far as humans only starting to eat meat when fire was discovered, thats not accurate. If you look at the line of prehuman ancestors that have been discovered. Way before human (homo sapien), way before our cousin the neanderthals. Back to when we make the step from an upright walking ape, to starting the chain of ancestors that led to us, you will find the upright walking apes, (ancestors) brains didnt grow for hundreds of thousands of years. When our ancestor was forced to the coastal regions because of climate change, they made raw fish a part of their diet. The nutrients they got from the fish, led to brain growth, as they adapted to their new habitat, As they evolved, they began to make tools. Many of the tools were used to dig termites out of huge dirt mounds and dine on them. In fact there is still a group of chimps in africa today that uses sticks to dig into termite mounds and get a tasty snack.

Meat eating was around long before fire, and in fact led to us becoming human
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 12 2011, 07:34 AM) *
Actually Ollie we are a hybrid. In our mouths we have flat teeth, but we also have k9's

As far as humans only starting to eat meat when fire was discovered, thats not accurate. If you look at the line of prehuman ancestors that have been discovered. Way before human (homo sapien), way before our cousin the neanderthals. Back to when we make the step from an upright walking ape, to starting the chain of ancestors that led to us, you will find the upright walking apes, (ancestors) brains didnt grow for hundreds of thousands of years. When our ancestor was forced to the coastal regions because of climate change, they made raw fish a part of their diet. The nutrients they got from the fish, led to brain growth, as they adapted to their new habitat, As they evolved, they began to make tools. Many of the tools were used to dig termites out of huge dirt mounds and dine on them. In fact there is still a group of chimps in africa today that uses sticks to dig into termite mounds and get a tasty snack.

Meat eating was around long before fire, and in fact led to us becoming human

Not to the best of my knowledge. But then Darwin couldn't explain the retina either, so whaddya know? You really think our teeth and digestive system are designed to eat red meat? I guess it depends what line of research you believe because I've read plenty of evidence to the contrary.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 12 2011, 06:47 AM) *
You really think our teeth and digestive system are designed to eat red meat? I guess it depends what line of research you believe because I've read plenty of evidence to the contrary.

No research needed. YES...the canine tooth is meant for ripping and shredding. And our digestive system handles red meat fine.

Now, you can argue all day as to if we were originally meant to eat red meat....but let's be honest what matters is now...not eons ago....

I think it's fairly safe to assume that currently both our teeth and digestive system are totally efficiant at eating and digesting red meat.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 12 2011, 10:47 AM) *
Not to the best of my knowledge. But then Darwin couldn't explain the retina either, so whaddya know? You really think our teeth and digestive system are designed to eat red meat? I guess it depends what line of research you believe because I've read plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Actually Ollie I can provide plenty of research. In fact the bulk of the scientific community agrees with my assessment on the trigger that spawned the growth in brains of our ancient ancestors. And by bulk I mean over 95% In fact I can suggest some very interesting reading by the worlds top paleontologists, and some very interesting work by the worlds top geneticist in the field. Eating meat actually leaves markers behind. Long before our ancestors gained mastery of fire, meat was an important aspect of our diet and human evolution.

As far as Darwin goes, he was a groundbreaker in his field, but the man lived long ago, before we had the tools at our disposal that we have today.

I can also provide some documentaries you may want to watch if reading research papers just isnt your cup of tea.

I have my masters in genetics, sorry to sound like a science geek, its just kinda my field.

On a side note.....Fish isnt red meat
JLUVBABY
check this shit out... I write peta condemning them on their actions agaisnt tyson and those pigeons and those fuckers make me a member...?... lol!!!! i guess this is their way of fucking with me back... lol... READ ON...

Dear Jeffrey,

By coming to a PETA Web site, you have taken the first step in your journey toward making a difference for animals—thank you for taking that step. PETA is the largest animal rights organization in the world and is made up of 2 million caring people just like you.

Are you ready to change the world? Become a part
of PETA's life changing work!
Together, we work tirelessly to help suffering animals around the world. We speak up for, among others, rabbits and foxes who are skinned alive for the fur trade, chickens and cows who suffer hellish conditions on factory farms just to end up on someone's dinner plate, and the dogs who should be treated as part of the family but are relegated to a lonely life on the end of a chain. PETA is the voice for animals who have none.

Thanks to the hard work of our members and activists, we've had numerous victories over the years. Millions of animals have been spared from torturous experiments in laboratories, popular clothing lines have had a change of heart and ended their sales of fur, and slaughterhouse workers—for the first time in history—have been convicted for cruelty. PETA's impact each year is extraordinary—and each year, it continues to grow.

We couldn't have accomplished any of these groundbreaking achievements for animals alone. Making a difference involves each person putting their heart and soul into action and striding toward something greater.

To help you get started, visit our online community center, where you can connect with PETA through social networking sites and be able to help animals with just the push of a button from wherever you are. PETA's blog, The PETA Files, can help to keep you informed with up-to-the-minute information and breaking news from PETA.

I also think it'd be beneficial for you to consider signing up for PETA E-News. You might find it easy to stay updated with our bi-weekly e-newsletter, PETA E-News, which will give you the latest news on our campaigns, celebrity ads, contests, PETA Mall offers, and more. You can sign up here.

Getting involved on a local level is easy. Join PETA's Action Team and get tips on how to help animals in your part of the world. You'll also receive e-mail alerts when our demonstrations are coming your way. You can join today by filling out the form here.

I hope that you have been inspired to start helping animals today. We are here for support, should you need to contact us at any point along the way.

Thank you for all you have already done and will do in behalf of animals.

Very truly yours,

Ingrid E. Newkirk
President
PETA
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 12 2011, 04:27 PM) *
JLUV, the animal rights activist!

I'm getting the same canned spam.

i think we are actually members now beardo... lol... i dont mind it as im all for cruelty to animals such as dog fighting but hey, i think cock fighting is fine.. i know some vietnamese that do it down here and the dead chickens they take them and eat them... so as long as they are going to be consumed at the end of the day i have no problem with it... pigeon racing, falcontry and old sports like that have been around since the beginning of man as we know us now... they need to leave shit like that alone.. imo...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 12 2011, 01:51 PM) *
Actually Ollie I can provide plenty of research. In fact the bulk of the scientific community agrees with my assessment on the trigger that spawned the growth in brains of our ancient ancestors. And by bulk I mean over 95% In fact I can suggest some very interesting reading by the worlds top paleontologists, and some very interesting work by the worlds top geneticist in the field. Eating meat actually leaves markers behind. Long before our ancestors gained mastery of fire, meat was an important aspect of our diet and human evolution.

As far as Darwin goes, he was a groundbreaker in his field, but the man lived long ago, before we had the tools at our disposal that we have today.

I can also provide some documentaries you may want to watch if reading research papers just isnt your cup of tea.

I have my masters in genetics, sorry to sound like a science geek, its just kinda my field.

On a side note.....Fish isnt red meat

That's cool Run, you obviously have expert knowledge in this field so it's hardly one I'm prepared to debate with you. But there is heaps, and I mean heaps, of experts out there who have the same kind of knowledge you do that would argue your argument.

I guess for every link from an emminent specialist that you send me I could send one back.

I guess it matters little now, we are a species of meat eaters, particularly when it flame grilled and seasoned to taste laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2011, 05:58 PM) *
i think we are actually members now beardo... lol... i dont mind it as im all for cruelty to animals such as dog fighting but hey, i think cock fighting is fine.. i know some vietnamese that do it down here and the dead chickens they take them and eat them... so as long as they are going to be consumed at the end of the day i have no problem with it... pigeon racing, falcontry and old sports like that have been around since the beginning of man as we know us now... they need to leave shit like that alone.. imo...

I love you 2 buffoons. You go to complain to PETA and end up as registered members, Epic Fail laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 12 2011, 05:11 PM) *
I love you 2 buffoons. You go to complain to PETA and end up as registered members, Epic Fail laugh.gif

aint that sumthin ollie... lol...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 13 2011, 12:42 AM) *
aint that sumthin ollie... lol...

It's the thought that counts JLUV laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.