Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GRANT KO'S FIELDS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
blackbelt2003
I know some would think this better in the 'threads not worth posting' section, but I kinda still think Grant can be relevant in the division.

Yeah, he's slow, but in shape, strong and hits with power. He also gave Admaek a tough fight and Adamek is the consensus no.1 challenger right now, so how far down the rankings can Grant be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwYzvVG2ElA

Fields is a circus act, but this is still one hell of a KO shot.

Black
Maxy
Great shot, no doubt about it but Grant is never going to be a world champion. I didn't even believe in him donkeys years ago so I definitely haven't changed my opinion of him now.
D-MARV
Barrett did it in One.

This means absolutely shit!
blackbelt2003
To Field's credit he looked a little more polished here than he did a few years ago vs Barrett. And I still stand by the fact that Grant gave Adamek a hard fight and Adamek is top rated.

Grant is not championship material...but in this division, besides the Klits and Haye, who is? He's at least as good as a Kevin Johnson, Ray Austin or some of the other challengers. I can only think of Adamek, Valuev (barely), and Povetkin who would be above him in terms of ability.

Black
JLUVBABY
i couldnt find a damn stream for the fight last night... i looked everywhere... i heard the attendance was very poor for the fight...
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Mar 12 2011, 03:23 PM) *
And I still stand by the fact that Grant gave Adamek a hard fight and Adamek is top rated.

Black

I don't really know if I'd call it a hard fight. Adamek won like 10 rounds to 2 or maybe 9 rounds to 3 at worst... and that was giving up like 45 pounds to Grant and a half a foot in height. Also Adamek hasn't been a heavyweight that long, so going from cruisers recently to a guy like Grant with gobs of physical advantages certainly wouldn't be a walk in the park for anyone under those circumstances.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 12 2011, 03:49 PM) *
I don't really know if I'd call it a hard fight. Adamek won like 10 rounds to 2 or maybe 9 rounds to 3 at worst... and that was giving up like 45 pounds to Grant and a half a foot in height. Also Adamek hasn't been a heavyweight that long, so going from cruisers recently to a guy like Grant with gobs of physical advantages certainly wouldn't be a walk in the park for anyone under those circumstances.

i agree with you in the rounds adamek won in the grant fight... but its whathe had to do to win the rounds... had grant had more gas in his tank he very well could have won that fight, possibly even by knockout... he had adamek hurt a few times in that fight and just didnt have that old gas he once had to finish the job... that fight wasnt easy...
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2011, 05:00 PM) *
i agree with you in the rounds adamek won in the grant fight... but its whathe had to do to win the rounds... had grant had more gas in his tank he very well could have won that fight, possibly even by knockout... he had adamek hurt a few times in that fight and just didnt have that old gas he once had to finish the job... that fight wasnt easy...

True, he did have to work to win those rounds... but I think that was due more to the reasons I stated above. I don't think the rounds were more difficult for Adamek because Grant was good, just rather that he has crazy physical advantages over a guy like Adamek.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.