Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto-Mayorga Video: Was it a KO or a Broken hand?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sai
Was it a KO or a broken hand?
thehype
Neither.

It was a QKO...QUIT BY KNOCKOUT!

laugh.gif
Box in Hand
Mayorga got what we call the Body Rock. He got hit so hard it sent shock through his whole body. Broken hand bull chit. He still swung it after getting up. He quit plain and simple.
leonthegee
I like the way Cotto looked in this fight. His jab looked heavy. He was better defensively. Manny Stewart did a good job teaching Cotto the shoulder role. All in all entertaining fight. Im glad I talked my puerto rican homie into ordering it.
JONdaCON817
yea i never saw that hand even land for it to get hurt. Funny thing was, in the post fight interview they asked him what happened as they showed the replay.. no one saw anything and he juss randomely started screaming "right there, right there"... i was at home like "right where?!"....lol
Imperius3
KO.

Mayorga knew he was about to get brutally laid out again, so he feigned a hand injury and quit.

It was easy to see through, IMO.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 13 2011, 02:18 AM) *
Right on the money, BiH. Dude got knocked clear out the other side of The Land of Twitch. On the way through he hallucinated that he actually broke his hand landing the punch he got floored by on the guy who threw it. No fuckin shit. It flipped him out so bad he quit and retired.

LMFAO, The Land of Twitch. I didn't see the Martinez fight but based on your assessment I will watch it now.
Method
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Mar 13 2011, 02:39 AM) *
Mayorga got what we call the Body Rock. He got hit so hard it sent shock through his whole body. Broken hand bull chit. He still swung it after getting up. He quit plain and simple.

Just like Kermit Cintron - got hit so hard he was convinced he was butted. So convinced he convinced the ref.
CDeezFoo
as soon as he got up and the fight was over he was yelling at his corner to get the glove off...tugging at it and trying to pull it off...i played football back in the day..and with any injury to the hand, let it be a finger, wrist or anything you definitely would not be tugging at the dam glove trying to get it off....they would of had to cut that glove off with scissors or something but definitely would not be tugging at it. he was tired and didnt want to retire by getting knocked out...now he can always say it was his hand..classic Mayorga...at least he made it entertaining by telling Cotto to come into the corner with him<----highlight of the night (between BOTH fights)
Snoop
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Mar 14 2011, 05:43 PM) *
as soon as he got up and the fight was over he was yelling at his corner to get the glove off...tugging at it and trying to pull it off...i played football back in the day..and with any injury to the hand, let it be a finger, wrist or anything you definitely would not be tugging at the dam glove trying to get it off....they would of had to cut that glove off with scissors or something but definitely would not be tugging at it. he was tired and didnt want to retire by getting knocked out...now he can always say it was his hand..classic Mayorga...at least he made it entertaining by telling Cotto to come into the corner with him<----highlight of the night (between BOTH fights)

Yup. Even the announcers were commenting on how rough they took that glove off. Definitely some BS.
BlueMercury
Broken heart. I read today that Mayorga will not retire after all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.