Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Kirkland Alert!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Kirkland just fought 3/5/11. He is fighting again 3/18/11(this weekend). And he is third billing at the MGM on the Maidana v Morales card, 4/9/11.

Gettin' busy, indeed.
BlueMercury
This guy is a fu**in beast!

The Original MrFactor
Kirklan vs Martinez would be a good fight. I'm taking Sergio by 4th round KO.
TheFonz
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 16 2011, 05:34 AM) *
Kirklan vs Martinez would be a good fight. I'm taking Sergio by 4th round KO.

I agree, I think Segio's mental edge will serve him well against Kirkland. I think he would win decision though.
TheFonz
Why did he leave Ann Wolfe?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I've been meaning to comment on his for a while.

I'm torn with Kirkland. You see a video like the one above and you have so much respect and goodwill for the guy. He's made mistakes and owns up to them without any BS excuses. The dude just seems like he wants to be a better man.

He obviously trains his ass off, comes in shape and has a real fighter's heart. Yet.....................

I just watched his fight with Berrio which he won in a couple of rounds, but the guy is so easy to hit. And I don't think he's got a granite chin. Anyone with solid technique who doesn't wilt under pressure and throws straight punches will KO this guy. Easily.

I actually think Alvarez would eat him up.

I do like Kirkland though, I hope he gets some nice paydays along the way and gets to look after his family.

TheFonz
Cotto should fight the winner of Berto/Ortiz IMO. I think he is to small for 154.
TheFonz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 19 2011, 11:45 AM) *
Cotto is going to get his ass handed to him by a good fighter very soon, 154 or 147, unless The Organ Grinder keeps feeding him punchless rabbis and future lung cancer victims.

I like Cotto. He is a good man. But his 154 belt is as meaningless as Princess Alvarez's.

Oh, and the winner of Berto v Ortiz should fight PBF or Pac.

It is meaningless, but he is better suited at 147 and Berto and Ortiz need to both get by someone like Cotto before they could even dream of fight PBF or Pac.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 19 2011, 11:45 AM) *
Cotto is going to get his ass handed to him by a good fighter very soon, 154 or 147, unless The Organ Grinder keeps feeding him punchless rabbis and future lung cancer victims.

I like Cotto. He is a good man. But his 154 belt is as meaningless as Princess Alvarez's.

Oh, and the winner of Berto v Ortiz should fight PBF or Pac.

Ortiz shouldnt even be fighting Berto. I'd pay to see Berto against ether Floyd Mayweather or Pacquiao.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 19 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Ortiz shouldnt even be fighting Berto. I'd pay to see Berto against ether Floyd Mayweather or Pacquiao.

I agree, but if he beats Berto (unlikely), then he should be considered by PBF or Pac, IMO. I would definitely pay to see Berto v either.
Fitz
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Mar 20 2011, 01:20 AM) *
Cotto should fight the winner of Berto/Ortiz IMO. I think he is to small for 154.

Agreed. I would much prefer to see Cotto back at 147, if he can still make it. He is too small for 154. I even thought he was kinda small against big 147 fighters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.