Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There's a heavyweight title fight this weekend.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy

Strikes me as strange that there ain't a thread dedicated to this. Come on, wise up people, what's going on? Anybody give Solis a chance here?
Nay_Sayer
Klitschko needs to fight somebody with a pulse.
Fitz
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Mar 19 2011, 02:15 AM) *

That's not a fair statement at all. Other than his brother, nobody else at heavyweight does have a pulse.
Maxy
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Mar 18 2011, 10:15 AM) *

Who has a pulse then? Gimme some names cos I wanna see these fighters? Solis, to me is one of the better challengers out there. That ain't sayin' much though, granted, but he can put up a decent effort.

It's a sad state of affairs when nobody gives a shit about a world heavyweight title fight anymore. Shocking.

Solis looks fat again. Anybody have the weights?
JLUVBABY
@ maxy... solis 246... vitali klit 249... and yes i give solis a very solid chance.. i ordered epix and the rest of the channels that come with it just for this fight... well that and i read they plan to televise more boxing... so that sounds good to me... good.gif
Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 18 2011, 10:59 AM) *
@ maxy... solis 246... vitali klit 249... and yes i give solis a very solid chance.. i ordered epix and the rest of the channels that come with it just for this fight... well that and i read they plan to televise more boxing... so that sounds good to me... good.gif

Yeah I've read quite a bit where you've said he has a chance and I hope you're right. I hope, even if he doesn't win, he makes the fight entertaining or at least competitive.

Cheers for the weights.
JLUVBABY
weigh in photos'...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 18 2011, 11:04 AM) *
Yeah I've read quite a bit where you've said he has a chance and I hope you're right. I hope, even if he doesn't win, he makes the fight entertaining or at least competitive.

Cheers for the weights.

Maxy I could be dead wrong about solis but i think with his amateur pedigree he has had enough experience to handle a guy like vitali that pretty much does the same things all fight long.. i think it will be interesting tho i will say the first few rounds should tell whats going to happen in the fight... if solis comes out and shows he can deal with vitali very early then we got a fight... if vitali has him at the end of the jab early and locks solis down the fights over.. he will club him to a k.o... but i get the feeling solis knows how to get inside and thats at least a part of the battle won for him... cuzz once inside we are gonna start seeing vitali hit more than he has in some time...
Mean Mister Mustard
I didn't know this fight was going to happen this weekend, until I saw the thread. I don't really care about this fight.
Box in Hand
That dude needs to get his ass whooped just for wearing a Spongebob chain. Anyways wake me up when the Klits Haye fight happens until then I'm sleeping on the heavy weight division.
AussieLad
So, if the Klits retire, would the division get any better. I mean if you have all these 3rd rate guys scared shitless of fighting the 2 brothers, then suddenly a vacuume is created by their departure, does this mean the rabble might start actually trying and evolve to 2nd rate fighters? Are the Klits holding the division back by being too dominant and intimidating?
Maxy
I'm looking forward to this fight strangely enough. Probably cos I can see it live for free and it's on at a good time so I ain't gotta stay up all night and be fucked for the next three days.

laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
I'm very interested. I asked several months ago about this guy, Solis in a post here. I think he's got a punchers chance. I think he's the type of guy who will keep trying to land that huge shot until the very end. I think that Solis i better than Arreola and will show up and be a better fighter. I see Vitaly still winning by doing what he usually does. he'll stay on the outside and land bombs all day on Solis. Solis will try to jump on Vitaly in spots, but as usual, Vitaly will be on his bike for 12 rounds, winning every round.
mexi-cutioner
Too many people in this thread are writing off Solis. He was an olympic gold medallist in 2004 and has had an extremely illustrious amateur career. You just gotta look at his first 3 fights to understand this dudes potential: His first pro fight was vs a guy that was 32-7, followed by opponents with 10-1 and 12-1 records resectively. Not saying he's gonna win, but his background says alot about his abilities I expect him to put up a better fight than most of the Klits most recent opponents
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 19 2011, 03:04 AM) *
Side note: Great avatar Fitz. Not a great start when you can't even look your opponent in the eye like that, good to see Vitali tried to lighten it up a bit LOL.

I think it is also a bit of "I want that fucking belt so ima stare at it coz this is as close as I come to it"
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 18 2011, 10:59 AM) *
@ maxy... solis 246... vitali klit 249... and yes i give solis a very solid chance...

Your hate knows no bounds.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 18 2011, 11:05 PM) *
Too many people in this thread are writing off Solis. He was an olympic gold medallist in 2004 and has had an extremely illustrious amateur career. You just gotta look at his first 3 fights to understand this dudes potential: His first pro fight was vs a guy that was 32-7, followed by opponents with 10-1 and 12-1 records resectively. Not saying he's gonna win, but his background says alot about his abilities I expect him to put up a better fight than most of the Klits most recent opponents

thats been my points... he may not win... but vitali will know he was in a fight this time...
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 19 2011, 05:56 AM) *
What more could an ol' snaggle toothed Union Jack waver ask for?

thumbsup_anim.gif

Yep, plenty of beer, boxing and a lie in in the morning. Bliss.
Fitz
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 19 2011, 03:04 AM) *
Side note: Great avatar Fitz. Not a great start when you can't even look your opponent in the eye like that, good to see Vitali tried to lighten it up a bit LOL.

I thought it was as well right at the start. But I found out that apparently it's a Cuban thing, and Cuban's don't generally look their opponent in the eye for some reason.
mexi-cutioner
Ay yo....fuck Odlanier solis LOL.... fat motherfucker made me eat my words big time...
Warlord
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 19 2011, 07:18 PM) *
Ay yo....fuck Odlanier solis LOL.... fat motherfucker made me eat my words big time...

Not just you. We got a couple posters around here enjoying a hearty meal of their own bullshit right now.
mexi-cutioner

Hey just watched the fight....I had Solis winning that round up until that freak knockdown.....not gonna lie I think it might have been a legit injury. The fall was delayed nd if you looked at his right knee it looked like it was in an extremely awkward position on his way down he had all his pressure on that one leg. Either way, Solis was boxing well and doing a good job up until that point, one that I think he shoulda changed was when he would back up onto the ropes, he's gotta keep steppin' to the sides once he feels his back up against those ropes he can't give Klits opportunities to knock his head off like that even if it is for only a couple seconds that's more time than vitali will need
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.