Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V.Klitschko-Solis on Dish Network Only!-(No New Spoilers or Public Streams Still Applies)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Hi Fight Hypers,

A day early for this pinned up thread for the V. Klitschko-Solis fight because there has been some confusion about this match. Users and staff can update with any preview information that they know so far. The thread will become our On-Going round by round and update thread tomorrow night at the times indicated in the Topic Description. So far, I know the following:

The fight will only be shown on Dish Network and according to Dish Network's website, you even have to have a specific package level just to get the channel! So why the powers that be would choose to show a fight on a channel no one has ever heard of and no one gets I think is bullshit. Worse it just adds to the confusion.

But for the few of us who might have Dish Network or be going to a friends house or something with Dish Network. Please keep the spoilers in this thread to make it fair for everyone. Note that if this fight had not been shown anywhere on TV, there would be nothing to spoil. But that is not the case, so please be considerate for the Dish Network subscribers who may be recording the fight for later by keeping the results IN THIS THREAD ONLY!

We will combine preview discussion with this crazy putting of this fight on a strange network in the same thread. I am sure many have comments. Oh and remember, DO NOT SHARE URL LINKS TO STREAMS ON THE BOARDS! (They will be deleted.) But as always, you are free to PM or E-Mail each other in private if you know a steam that will be showing the fight.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 18 2011, 05:28 PM) *
Hi Fight Hypers,

A day early for this pinned up thread for the V. Klitschko-Solis fight because there has been some confusion about this match. Users and staff can update with any preview information that they know so far. The thread will become our On-Going round by round and update thread tomorrow night at the times indicated in the Topic Description. So far, I know the following:

The fight will only be shown on Dish Network and according to Dish Network's website, you even have to have a specific package level just to get the channel! So why the powers that be would choose to show a fight on a channel no one has ever heard of and no one gets I think is bullshit. Worse it just adds to the confusion.

But for the few of us who might have Dish Network or be going to a friends house or something with Dish Network. Please keep the spoilers in this thread to make it fair for everyone. Note that if this fight had not been shown anywhere on TV, there would be nothing to spoil. But that is not the case, so please be considerate for the Dish Network subscribers who may be recording the fight for later by keeping the results IN THIS THREAD ONLY!

We will combine preview discussion with this crazy putting of this fight on a strange network in the same thread. I am sure many have comments. Oh and remember, DO NOT SHARE URL LINKS TO STREAMS ON THE BOARDS! (They will be deleted.) But as always, you are free to PM or E-Mail each other in private if you know a steam that will be showing the fight.

Jack

Administrator

i updated my package day before yesterday so i could watch this and put it to dvd.. its nothing more than the hd package.. i already had a bunch of hd channelswithout it but this package adds mgm, epix, wfn (world fishing network) and some more movie channels.. cost me an extra $10 dollars a month... i got it because i read epix plans to start showcasing fights so for me thats good... got to have the channel... lol...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 18 2011, 08:50 PM) *
i updated my package day before yesterday so i could watch this and put it to dvd.. its nothing more than the hd package.. i already had a bunch of hd channelswithout it but this package adds mgm, epix, wfn (world fishing network) and some more movie channels.. cost me an extra $10 dollars a month... i got it because i read epix plans to start showcasing fights so for me thats good... got to have the channel... lol...

JLUV and his neverending quest to watch every televised boxing match on the entire planet laugh.gif
The CEO
Vitali's been showing his age...I give Solis a 20% chance tonight...

Cubans are usually very tough and full of Heart...and those are two things you need to beat a Klitschko...

Check your PMs, SB...there's a gift for you.
BigG
C...you go a stream???
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 19 2011, 02:59 PM) *
Vitali's been showing his age...I give Solis a 20% chance tonight...

Cubans are usually very tough and full of Heart...and those are two things you need to beat a Klitschko...

Check your PMs, SB...there's a gift for you.

thanks Boss.
The CEO
Gift for you too, G...
Byrd Man
would love to see this if someone has a link. Epix stream fucked up
BigG
Thanks C!
The CEO
You're welcome...sent, Byrd.
The CEO
WOW....Solis lookin' good in the 1st until a short right hand to the top of his head/temple fucks his world up!

He couldn't get his legs after he got up, and the ref stopped it.

May have hurt his knee when he went down...that's a shame...he was giving Vitali some good looks...landing flush.
caneman
lol! one punch and he was so scared he hyper extended his knee!!!!! rolleyes_anim.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Wow, that was one of the strangest endings to a title fight ive ever seen. Solis was looking great unitl the stoppage, and he was barley getting hit. I thought Solis may have had a shot at winning the fight, but who knows what happened. It seems like his knees just gave out, but that shot did hit him on the side of the head which could mess his balance up. Now I see him up walking around and standing. Things you don't see everyday I guess, but another win for Vitali.
SmartyBeardo
That's what happens when you're too damned fat for your bone structure.

He was actually having a decent round.
BigG
I'm reading that Solis blew his knee?
The CEO
That has to be one of the shortest, heaviest KO punches I've ever seen...it looked like nothing...must have caught Solis just right to throw his equilibrium like that...made him sprain his knee...lol
Maxy
That was strange and such a let down too. I don't know, the shot may have hurt him but it looked like he did his knee and couldn't get up from it. Maybe he faked it, I doubt it but shit, that was pathetic as far as title fights go.

Twisted knee seems to be the official line. What an anti-climax.
caneman
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 19 2011, 05:28 PM) *
Twisted knee seems to be the official line. What an anti-climax.

Almost anti pre ejaculation like!
caneman
Oh shit, he fell down & grabbed his right leg! WTF?
SmartyBeardo
Sister V's handwraps looked like plaster clubs.
SmartyBeardo
The way he grabbed his leg was strangely reminiscent of Mayorga grabbing his left hand last week.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 19 2011, 05:41 PM) *
The way he grabbed his leg was strangely reminiscent of Mayorga grabbing his left hand last week.

It was the wrong leg so I figure he sprained his cooter!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 19 2011, 03:49 PM) *
It was the wrong leg so I figure he sprained his cooter!

That's my point. I think both Mayorga and Solis were jacked clear to the other side of Twitchland, and their brain sent signals to parts of their body that they could not process.
The CEO
I think the Mayorga situation was sketchy, and that this one was totally legitimate....

Cotto caught him with a nice hook that sent the sweat flying and all, but it wasn't like a Donaire-Montiel shot...Cotto hadn't visibly hurt Mayorga all night, and when he took the knee he looked crystal clear...

caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 19 2011, 06:45 PM) *
I think the Mayorga situation was sketchy, and that this one was totally legitimate....

Cotto caught him with a nice hook that sent the sweat flying and all, but it wasn't like a Donaire-Montiel shot...Cotto hadn't visibly hurt Mayorga all night, and when he took the knee he looked crystal clear...

@ least Mayo got nailed good! This cunt grabbed the wrong leg and his purse should be held.
Jack 1000
I watched it on a You Tube stream from Sky Sports, but I did not see this great round that Solis had before the "injury." It looked like Vitali barely hit him. Maybe the camera work from Sky was poor. But to me, the punch did not look that hard at all. What about anyone else who saw the fight on a regular live non-stream?

Major downer!

Jack
caneman
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 19 2011, 08:05 PM) *
I watched it on a You Tube stream from Sky Sports, but I did not see this great round that Solis had before the "injury." It looked like Vitali barely hit him. Maybe the camera work from Sky was poor. But to me, the punch did not look that hard at all. What about anyone else who saw the fight on a regular live non-stream?

Major downer!

Jack

It was a weak punch and I watched it on TV/DVR so I seen it well.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 19 2011, 04:56 PM) *
Where the hell are you JLUV? How bout a round by round?

ive been fishing.. havent had a chance to watch the fight yet but what im hearing is solis looked good up until the injury... ill watch the fight tomorrow im not home.. me and my girl is in galveston texas right now...
JD
I am not really sure how good you can look when you get dropped and stopped in the first round.
D-MARV
Too bad Solis hurt his knee. Vitali looked like shit against a guy who was constantly moving. No doubt in my mind Haye decisions him!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JD @ Mar 21 2011, 12:25 AM) *
I am not really sure how good you can look when you get dropped and stopped in the first round.

LOL true
Jack 1000
Compare this fight to when Yuri Foreman fought on with a bad knee for two rounds against Cotto, even after the corner threw the towel in, and the stoppage was overturned by the referee. Two extremes here. But what different levels of courage for two very similar situations!

Jack
D-MARV
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 20 2011, 07:31 PM) *
Compare this fight to when Yuri Foreman fought on with a bad knee for two rounds against Cotto, even after the corner threw the towel in, and the stoppage was overturned by the referee. Two extremes here. But what different levels of courage for two very similar situations!

Jack

That's not a fair comparison Jack. Apparently Solis tore his ACL and his meniscus, not to mention that Solis weighs 250 pounds. You can't put that kind of pressure on a torn ligament. There was no way Solis could have continued in that fight.
Spyder
Vitali should schedule a fight for next week. That shit doesn't even count as a dress rehearsal.

I wish I could get paid the kind of money he does for 3 minutes of chasing a shorter fat man around a ring. That's not a bad gig.
D-MARV
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 20 2011, 10:55 PM) *
Really? 0 doubt? I have no doubt that you are exaggerating.

yeah, I'm exaggerating a bit. But I do think Haye will beat Vitali. from the looks of things, Haye will have his chance too. Now Baby Bro is complaining about his abdominals still being hurt and he may not be ready for a potential Haye fight. After all the shit Haye caught, it's Wladimir who looking for a way out. LOL
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Hold on, hold on, hold on guys, I hope we are not reading too much into that first round. First rounds mean nothing and we've all watched enough boxing to know that.

Shoot I gave Tyson the first round against Lewis. Speaking of Tyson didn't he suffer a similiar injury against Danny 'Da Fucken Man' Williamz? Still went on to fight a few rounds if I remember.

One thing I will say about Vitali is he keeps the pressure on you all the time. Even when he isn't punching he stays close enough that you don't get any respite. I reckon this must be the hardest kind of guy to fight as most fighters will look to break and reset at least a couple of times within a round.

He had Solis thinking so fucken hard his knees gave out laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 21 2011, 05:55 AM) *
yeah, I'm exaggerating a bit. But I do think Haye will beat Vitali. from the looks of things, Haye will have his chance too. Now Baby Bro is complaining about his abdominals still being hurt and he may not be ready for a potential Haye fight. After all the shit Haye caught, it's Wladimir who looking for a way out. LOL

Wlad ruptured his guts fucking the shit out of the cheerleader from Heros. David Gaye bitched out 'cause his vagina was bleeding. HUGE difference there, my friend.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 21 2011, 06:24 AM) *
Speaking of Tyson didn't he suffer a similiar injury against Danny 'Da Fucken Man' Williamz? Still went on to fight a few rounds if I remember.

Tyzon hit Williams and Williamz hit Tyson, but Williamz done betta.

Westside...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.