Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 128
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Warlord
Heard Shogun was looking fantastic in training camp. Getting hyped for the fight.

Here are my picks:

Rua by TKO RD2
Faber RNC RD2
Schaub TKO RD3 :'( (Hope Cro-Cop can pull it off somehow.)
Miller gets the upset with a UD

What do you guys think?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 18 2011, 11:58 PM) *
Heard Shogun was looking fantastic in training camp. Getting hyped for the fight.

Here are my picks:

Rua by TKO RD2
Faber RNC RD2
Schaub TKO RD3 :'( (Hope Cro-Cop can pull it off somehow.)
Miller gets the upset with a UD

What do you guys think?

Im pumped for this one too War.

If Shogun wins it it will be by TKO with some brutal kicks being landed along the way. If Jones wins i believe it will be by ground n pound late in the fight. Im rooting for Shogun but by gut tells me Jones is gonna take it hope im wrong though.

Faber should win this one easly and if he does i think he'll gte a crack at Dominick Cruz next.

War look out for Edson Barboza that kid is a beast future LW champ IMO. His fight will be televised free on spike.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 19 2011, 02:20 AM) *
Im pumped for this one too War.

If Shogun wins it it will be by TKO with some brutal kicks being landed along the way. If Jones wins i believe it will be by ground n pound late in the fight. Im rooting for Shogun but by gut tells me Jones is gonna take it hope im wrong though.

Faber should win this one easly and if he does i think he'll gte a crack at Dominick Cruz next.

War look out for Edson Barboza that kid is a beast future LW champ IMO. His fight will be televised free on spike.

The Jon Jones hype machine will end with Lesnar-esque speed very soon now.

I will try to catch the Edson Barboza fight if I can, but the time difference may prevent it. I'd have to wake up at 7:00 in the morning to make it happen, and I just ain't that self-disciplined yet.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 19 2011, 04:23 AM) *
The Jon Jones hype machine will end with Lesnar-esque speed very soon now.

I hope so.
AussieLad
I'm glad that Shogun is healthy for this. Would hate to see him lose because of surgery.

This is gonna be a good fight.

Still going with Jones, but acknowledge that this may be Shoguns coming out party and not Bones's.
Warlord
Luis Cane just raped Eliot Marshall. I think the ref wanted him to die in there, he could've stopped it a minute earlier than he did.
Warlord
Just had another death in the ring. Koch caught Assuncao with a punch errily similar to the one that Franklin caught Liddell with.
Warlord
Apparently Jon Jones caught a robber while meditating in a park about 2 hours ago, lol. laugh.gif Guess the tables will turn here very shortly. Jon Jones gonna get stomped trying to make off with Shogun's belt.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 19 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Just had another death in the ring. Koch caught Assuncao with a punch errily similar to the one that Franklin caught Liddell with.

never was impressed by Assuncao and marshall two fighters that IMO don't belong in the UFC.

Barboza had a good win but held back too much at times but that spinning back kick that landed was a thing of beauty had there been a few more seconds left in the rd he would have stopped Nkaojani. But at only 24 yrs of age and 8-0 Barboza will be the future of the LW division in a few yrs.
Warlord
Bruce Buffer bugs me. I used to didn't mind him, but damn he's getting annoying.
Imperius3
Any streams out there?
Warlord
Schaub being aggresive so far. That may not always be a good idea. Mirko has always been at his best going backwards.
SmartyBeardo
Good battle. Crocop coming on especially with point taken away. Great crocop elbows
SmartyBeardo
Schaub game as hell. Nice tds
SmartyBeardo
Schaub tiring. Wow wow wow what a punch what a fight. Schaub hung in and got it done whern least expected. Damn
Warlord
Damn. Schaub landed a lucky punch in the 3rd. I called it, but I'm not happy about it.
Warlord
May be the last time we ever see Cro-Cop in the UFC. Or in a professional fight period.
Warlord
Thanks for all the memories, Mirko. You're a good dude. Ride off into the sunset with your head held high.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 19 2011, 07:36 PM) *
May be the last time we ever see Cro-Cop in the UFC. Or in a professional fight period.

Yep. I think it is likely he's done. Damn Crocop and Fedor.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 19 2011, 07:38 PM) *
Thanks for all the memories, Mirko. You're a good dude. Ride off into the sunset with your head held high.

Indeed.
SmartyBeardo
Marquardt seems much bigger than Miller
SmartyBeardo
Marcort seems much bigger. Nice matchup. Close round. Tough to call
Warlord
Close first round for Marqardt and Miller. Give Miller the edge for the submission attempt.
Warlord
Nate looking better in the 2nd so far. Landing some nice strikes.
Warlord
Marquardt looking good, but just got taken down.
Warlord
Back on their feet. Miller must be hungry, cause he's eating alot of punches right now.
Warlord
Miller tried for another guillotine.
SmartyBeardo
Helluva good fight. Looked like Miller was hurt by that kick and right hand. Marquiarts guillotine defense is the story

I think nate won that round solidly
Warlord
Marquardt takes the second. First round was close. We may have an even fight going into the second, or Nate may be slightly ahead. Did Miller tire himself out going for those guillotines? Lets see.
Warlord
Boy Miller can take a punch.
SmartyBeardo
Miller is such a scrapper but nate is in control right now
Warlord
Nate in Miller's guard now. I picked Miller to pull off the upset, but it isn't looking likely.
SmartyBeardo
What a fine dogfight. Listen to those pukes booing
Warlord
If Nate gets any lower or Miller can pull up a little, he could work for the triangle, but Nate is too experienced for that I reckon.
SmartyBeardo
Nate by at least 2-1, imo
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 19 2011, 11:04 PM) *
What a fine dogfight. Listen to those pukes booing

American audiences are known for that.

Miller indeed went for the triangle at the end, but too little too late.
Warlord
I would agree Nate at least 2-1, but probably a UD if I know UFC judges.
Warlord
And there you go. All 3 judges 30-27 for Nate Marquardt.
Warlord
Jim Miller vs. Kamal Shalorus up next.
Warlord
Haha Shalorus is hilarious. "My gameplan is fight."
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 19 2011, 08:08 PM) *
And there you go. All 3 judges 30-27 for Nate Marquardt.

Miller deserved better. Especially taking it on the short
Warlord
Saw some nice boobage in the audience as Miller was getting his face greased with vaseline.
SmartyBeardo
Damn. Goin for the fences
Warlord
School yard brawl here.

Shalorus wasn't joking, lol. His gameplan is indeed fight.
Warlord
These guys are making Ricardo Mayorga look technical
SmartyBeardo
Best card in a long time
Warlord
Shalorus has a cinder block on his neck. Man that kick he ate was nasty sick.
SmartyBeardo
Miller got that round solidly. Shalas chin is ludicrous
Warlord
Good first round, Miller will probably get it but it wouldn't be outlandish to give it to Shalorus, knowing how much UFC judges value top position on the ground.
Warlord
Shalorus just punched Miller in the thigh. laugh.gif Great fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.