Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WLAD-HAYE SIGNED!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
blackbelt2003
OK, so the first heavyweight superfight of the decade is signed according to fightnews.com

Will one of them bitch out again? Will they get to the ring? Does anyone care about the heavyweights any more?

If anyone does, let's have some early predictions (pretending they actually do make it to the ring this time).

I'm going for Klit by late stoppage, with Haye boxing conservatively and smartly to start but being worn down by methodical Klitschko and being wobbled a few times in the mid rounds before capsizing in around the 9th or 10th.

Black
Jack 1000
I will go with Klitschko TKO 9. Haye's only shot is on a blitz in the first two rounds to test Wlad's chin. But he won't blitz, so it should be a methodical break down. Haye might win 3-4 rounds early, but that is all.

Jack
D-MARV
YES!

Haye TKO2... Sig Bet anyone?
King Eugene
I think Haye will slip and counter that jab early which will make Wlad less willing to throw it later in the fight. Bad thing is Wlad still has a pretty damn good hook off the jab. He'll feint the jab and catch Haye with a hook he doesn't see coming. Could be the end for Haye.

I'm rooting for Haye to drop him early in the fight, make Wlad timid and fight safe. That way Haye can become comfortable, fight at his pace and pretty much beat Wlad up all the way to a decision. Shits not going to happen but thats what I'm hoping for.

Wlad by 8th round KO.
Box in Hand
I will believe it when the first jab is thrown. After that I will be rooting for Haye who I think will stick and move the whole night with short burst every now and then. We need a new power in the Heavy division and it should be Haye since he is more charismatic than the Frank and Stein Brothers.
STEVENSKI
Who the fuck does Haye think he is the Guv'nor or somethin? Klit will take a giant shit on Haye's manor & wipe his arse with Haye's face & show the world he is the daddy & Haye is nothing more than a nonce.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 23 2011, 07:52 PM) *
Who the fuck does Haye think he is the Guv'nor or somethin? Klit will take a giant shit on Haye's manor & wipe his arse with Haye's face & show the world he is the daddy & Haye is nothing more than a nonce.

cosigned

i think this is going to be a really hard fight for Haye, down the stretch i see him getting caught coming in a lot then eventually being stopped. i wouldn't be surprised if Wlad cuts Haye with all the jabs and the fight gets stopped because of it either.

Mean Mister Mustard
Only fight worth caring about in the Heavyweight division. Haye has the speed and power to overwhelm Wlad, should he drop him of course. This isn't a slow Samuel Peter who can't properly finish guys off. Still, Wlad has improved his defense since 2005. He fights the perfect style for a guy his size. I don't know if Haye will be able to overcome that.
Warlord
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 23 2011, 04:36 PM) *
I will go with Klitschko TKO 9. Haye's only shot is on a blitz in the first two rounds to test Wlad's chin. But he won't blitz, so it should be a methodical break down. Haye might win 3-4 rounds early, but that is all.

Jack

Jack posting sober for once. Agree with this breakdown. Except the TKO comes earlier, probably in the 7th.
Warlord
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 23 2011, 04:49 PM) *
YES!

Haye TKO2... Sig Bet anyone?

I'll take it.
blackbelt2003
So Wlad almost unanimously by stoppage....but who does everyone WANT to win?

Is it good for boxing if Haye wins? Or does he deserve to get KTFO'd for his bitch moves in the past? Does Klit deserve to lose for HIS bitch moves?

Double KO anyone?

Black
JD
Wlad by lop-sided Haye handling.

The fight will be interesting until Haye gets hit.
salvador
"First heavyweight superfight of the decade" is a bit of a stretch. I don't think most casual fans in America have the slightest clue who Haye is and I don't think any serious boxing fan is giving Haye a snowball's chance in hell.

Obviously if Lamon Brewster can land a ko shot then so can Haye, but I don't see Haye as having the balls to stand inside long enough to throw the punch that Wlad doesn't see. Just watching his fight with Valuev was enough to convince me that Haye fighting Wlad will look something like Floyd fighting Wlad.

Wlad by embarassing decision with Haye running all night and coming up with an excuse in the postfight interview.
D-MARV
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 24 2011, 09:33 AM) *
Damn D-Marv! You go from "no doubt" of a UD to this . . . wooowhee . . . you get hold of sum o dat Charlie Sheen shit?

That Charlie Sheen Shit iz da SHIT SON!

All kidding aside... The first one to get hit flush will lose! I think Haye will get to Wlad first.

You're on Warlord! 2 weeks?

Maxy
Does anybody know the cut off point when Wlad either has to say the fight is definitely on, or I can't fight because of my injury so Vitali will have to take my place?

I think this is very important.

Ah, apparently it's the 1st week in May.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 24 2011, 09:00 AM) *

All kidding aside... The first one to get hit flush will lose! I think Haye will get to Wlad first.

Agreed that Haye should win. I doubt that it'll be that early. If Haye's conditioning is on, he keeps moving and keeps his guard up, he'll definitely catch Wladimir and no matter what people say, Haye has more than enough power to sort out wlad. Really looking forward to this one.
Maxy
Can't get pumped for a fight when I don't actually know for certain who is fighting. Also, if Haye won he's retiring in October so that would leave things even more fucked up than they are now.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 24 2011, 04:19 PM) *
Can't get pumped for a fight when I don't actually know for certain who is fighting. Also, if Haye won he's retiring in October so that would leave things even more fucked up than they are now.

Sorry bruv, but if Haye wins there's NO way he retires before facing down Vitali.

Black
Maxy
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Mar 24 2011, 01:28 PM) *
Sorry bruv, but if Haye wins there's NO way he retires before facing down Vitali.

Black

I know. That's the trouble though. It's a massive long shot that is unlikely to happen, but if he beats Wlad/Vitali in July the plan is to fight the other one in October and then quit.
mexi-cutioner
Wlad SD Haye
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 24 2011, 02:09 AM) *
Jack posting sober for once. Agree with this breakdown. Except the TKO comes earlier, probably in the 7th.

LOL!!!! I have been motivated by the power of the Warlord! Hehehehe!!! We are close in our picks!

Jack
STEVENSKI
I cannot see any scenario where Haye wins except to land a fluke punch early & that is the only way he will win by pure fluke. Wlad is more skilled & has a better punch than Haye. He is also far more experienced. Look at the way Haye fought Valuev. He ran scared potshotting all night against the big lump of potatoes. Now Wlad is about 100 times more skilled & effective than Valuev.

Both guys have suspect chins IMO but I fully expect Wlad to impose his will on Haye by round 4 & then deliver the usual methodical breakdown of his opponent en route to a stoppage between rounds 6-8.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 24 2011, 04:40 PM) *
I cannot see any scenario where Haye wins except to land a fluke punch early & that is the only way he will win by pure fluke. Wlad is more skilled & has a better punch than Haye. He is also far more experienced. Look at the way Haye fought Valuev. He ran scared potshotting all night against the big lump of potatoes. Now Wlad is about 100 times more skilled & effective than Valuev.

Both guys have suspect chins IMO but I fully expect Wlad to impose his will on Haye by round 4 & then deliver the usual methodical breakdown of his opponent en route to a stoppage between rounds 6-8.

i think Wlad's chin is being underrated. when he was getting knocked out he was a shitty fighter plain and simple. if you're just crowding someone and leaving yourself open for power shots it wont matter how tough you're, you can get knocked down or knocked out. a fighter that rushed him and got him out wouldn't be able to do it against the current Wlad. he ties people up and uses his size.

Warlord
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 24 2011, 10:00 AM) *

2 weeks sounds fine. You're a good poster, so I won't make you do anything too gay once Haye gets laid out like a date raped prom queen.

Is this an avatar bet or sig bet? Or both?
Warlord
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 24 2011, 06:49 PM) *
i think Wlad's chin is being underrated. when he was getting knocked out he was a shitty fighter plain and simple. if you're just crowding someone and leaving yourself open for power shots it wont matter how tough you're, you can get knocked down or knocked out. a fighter that rushed him and got him out wouldn't be able to do it against the current Wlad. he ties people up and uses his size.

Wlad is the victim of a ton of nonsense from various posters, but his chin is legitimately fragile. That just can't be argued. He protects it better now, but he will always be susceptible to heavy punchers.
The Original MrFactor
I dont see this fight coming off at all. I think we'll see Wlad step aside due to injury and Vitaly will be the guy that Haye has to face. Then Haye will not go through with the deal.

If I had to pick, Wlad by decision over Haye. I'm judging it on the Chambers fight. Chambers looked decent in spots against Wlad. I think Haye has a similar skill set to Chambers. I think the big difference is that Haye is a little bigger and hits a little harder. I think that Haye vs Wlad will be better than people think. I do believe that Haye has a shot to win.

I think that Vitaly beats Haye badly. Vitaly fights like the older brother who beat up all the bullies who scared his little brother.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 25 2011, 01:01 AM) *
Wlad is the victim of a ton of nonsense from various posters, but his chin is legitimately fragile. That just can't be argued. He protects it better now, but he will always be susceptible to heavy punchers.

Very well said. I agree 100%.

I have shit on Wlad many times, but in truth he has improved a lot. I give him credit for winning many fights, I just wish he did more and got rid of some of these over matched guys out much earlier. I do understand he is just much more careful the way he fights now and protecting his chin better.

That said, I like Wlad by early to mid rounds stoppage. I am pulling for Haye to open up and take chances to hurt Wlad, but after seeing Haye barely open up against Valuev, it is very doubtful Haye will pull the trigger against Klit. But it is still possible for Haye to get the KO, he is just going to have to open up and take some big risks in there. It's that simple. He is not going to win sitting back at the end of Wlad's jab and fighting his game.

I hope we get an entertaing fight either way, and let's just hope no BS goes down and we actually see these two in the ring this year.

Dmarv- I like your confidence in Haye, but you also had that same swagger with Hatton going in aginst Pac. And we all know how that turned out, lol.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 25 2011, 03:32 AM) *
Dmarv- I like your confidence in Haye, but you also had that same swagger with Hatton going in aginst Pac. And we all know how that turned out, lol.

Probably about as well as your pick in the Mosley/Mayweather fight laugh.gif

Gay ass sig anyone?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
On the plus side for Haye is he always comes in shape, I give him that. In fact it will be a nice change to watch 2 HW's that actually take their professions and titles seriously enough to actually train for it.

On the negative side, I mean what has Haye done at HW to get him ready for this fight? Seriously? Barrett, Valuev, Ruiz and Harrison. My god, the step up to Wlad will be a whole new galatic level. I'm not sure he even beats the likes of Liakhovich or Peter and I fucken hate Peter.

I think a prime (I can't believe I just said that) John Ruiz gives him all he could handle (and I can't believe I just used that phrase when describing John Ruiz.)

The problem Haye has is he's made good money fighting bums and hasn't fought someone a level up from a bum (which isn't hard in the HW division) to acclimatise himself to what a Klit brings to fight night.

Maybe someone like a Hasim Rahman would've been a good fight. The problem his handlers have is they are not prepared to risk Haye against a Rahman or Liakhovich coz there's a good chance he loses so they just have to cash in their chips and hope for their own 'Oliver McCall moment.'

So now the fight is signed I take it SENTRAL that our sig bet if officially ON yeah? Pretty simple, 2 weeks and the loser has to post at least 14 times in those 2 weeks, that's 1 post a day just in case math wasn't your strongest subject laugh.gif

In the unlikely event that I lose this won't be a problem for me, but for you on the other hand it will be a stretch, haha. Still I guess you can come up with 14 posts on the merits of David Lemieux, LOL.

My 1st sig bet and I'm off to a good start, 1-nil!! I think I know how Fitz plays these.

1) Big fight gets announced and wait for a regular who has an 'out there' theory or 'strange hunch'.

2) Challenge said poster to back up their wacky theory with sig bet.

3) Win sig bet and remind the loser that their theory was crazy to begin with and it was the easiest bet you've ever won in your life.

4) Repeat process.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 25 2011, 12:59 AM) *
2 weeks sounds fine. You're a good poster, so I won't make you do anything too gay once Haye gets laid out like a date raped prom queen.

Is this an avatar bet or sig bet? Or both?

Let's just do sig... I can't take Ed Reed down, LOL.
The CEO
If that's the case, David Haye just signed his own Death Warrant.

Wlad will carry and torture him like a sadist or knock him out by accident...
SENTRAL
Yep, I will take your sig bet Ollie and I am still shocked in the confidence displayed by, not just you, but virtually everybody else.  Haye beats Wlad and Vitali.  He beats Vitali easier than he beats Wlad and if people seriously cannot see this I am worried about them.  Vitali is well past his best and is now just a parody of his former self.  He is slow and ripe to be schooled by a better athlete.  Picked apart, broken up and dismantled, losing a clear as day unanimous decision or injury stoppage.  Wlad, more vulnerable but younger and closer to his prime presents more dangers but ultimately he succumbs and is stopped by Haye.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 25 2011, 03:32 AM) *

I was NEVER that confident in Hatton beating Pac! Yes I picked Hatton because I thought that his strength would be enough to bully Pacquiao but as soon as I saw the weigh in... I told CEO to get the SIG ready for me to sport...LOL

I'm more confident in Haye then I was in Hatton.

D-MARV
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Mar 25 2011, 10:38 AM) *
Yep, I will take your sig bet Ollie and I am still shocked in the confidence displayed by, not just you, but virtually everybody else.  Haye beats Wlad and Vitali.  He beats Vitali easier than he beats Wlad and if people seriously cannot see this I am worried about them.  Vitali is well past his best and is now just a parody of his former self.  He is slow and ripe to be schooled by a better athlete.  Picked apart, broken up and dismantled, losing a clear as day unanimous decision or injury stoppage.  Wlad, more vulnerable but younger and closer to his prime presents more dangers but ultimately he succumbs and is stopped by Haye.

Damn... This is a very good post!

Im about 80% sure Haye toys with Vitali with little issue. Wlad is a different beast but also easier to lay down.
SENTRAL
I am certain Haye beats Vitali, 100%. 80% certain he beats Wlad.
Maxy
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Mar 25 2011, 11:02 AM) *

2 years ago I might have shared that view but the other way around...maybe not quite as convinced as you are but still. Now though, shit, I've seen Haye look far less convincing at heavyweight than I imagined he would...and I'll always give him a pass on the Valuev fight because he broke his hand. Thing is Haye, ain't a great finisher and he don't have great stamina...oh and he's a little bit on the chinny side too. So nah, if I was putting money on this it would be on either of the Klits.
gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 25 2011, 09:43 AM) *
Damn... This is a very good post!

Im about 80% sure Haye toys with Vitali with little issue. Wlad is a different beast but also easier to lay down.

yeah it's good because you don't want to lose your avatar. Haye will win as many rounds as the Ravens have won super bowls over the last 10 years.

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Mar 25 2011, 09:38 AM) *
Yep, I will take your sig bet Ollie and I am still shocked in the confidence displayed by, not just you, but virtually everybody else. Haye beats Wlad and Vitali. He beats Vitali easier than he beats Wlad and if people seriously cannot see this I am worried about them. Vitali is well past his best and is now just a parody of his former self. He is slow and ripe to be schooled by a better athlete. Picked apart, broken up and dismantled, losing a clear as day unanimous decision or injury stoppage. Wlad, more vulnerable but younger and closer to his prime presents more dangers but ultimately he succumbs and is stopped by Haye.

Haye isn't a master strategist, the man is so stupid he openly admitted he fixed a fight. even against Valuev he looked like a chump and Valuev was scared shitless of the Klits. not only will the Klits beat the black off of him but he'll be in the hospital so long he'll lose all his muscle mass, this sucker will have a better chance of playing Stephen Hawking instead of James Bond.

QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 25 2011, 12:01 AM) *

i agree to some extent, realistically nobody can take all the big shots at HW. even Lennox Lewis got put out and he took some huge shots back in the day. if you're a HW and leave yourself open for it you'll get put down or put out. Wlad can actually recover now and uses his advantages so i think the chin isn't as bad as people make it seem, it can take some shots and it's not like any current HWs are putting him out with 1 shot.
Mean Mister Mustard
The last time someone had the balls and the ability to tag Wlad, he was dropped a bunch of times. That was a 'prime' Sam Peter back in 05. Since then no one has touched his chin, so I don't know how people can say that he recovers better. If Haye drops him, he might be able to overwhelm Wlad with his speed and finish him.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 25 2011, 01:25 PM) *
The last time someone had the balls and the ability to tag Wlad, he was dropped a bunch of times. That was a 'prime' Sam Peter back in 05. Since then no one has touched his chin, so I don't know how people can say that he recovers better. If Haye drops him, he might be able to overwhelm Wlad with his speed and finish him.

very well said... nobody with substance, besides my boy taters and gravy as beardo calls him, has had the nuts to try to fight these guys... sonsowski tried but he was just outgunned and had a serious lack of pedigree... haye will go after wlad and that will be his first path towards success... you cant be scared... i dont think hew will be scared of wlads size...

the only reason these guys have reigned the way they have is one, people have been intimidated by them and two, most of these fighters they have faced dont have the pedigree to compete... haye has a solid pedigree as well, so like taters i expect him to give a very good show... these types of guys have faced every style in the amateurs and this is the level of professional boxing where a solid amateur background comes into play... guys like solis and haye have faced the big tall fighters in the amateurs and know how to fight them..
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 25 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Haye isn't a master strategist, the man is so stupid he openly admitted he fixed a fight. even against Valuev he looked like a chump and Valuev was scared shitless of the Klits. not only will the Klits beat the black off of him but he'll be in the hospital so long he'll lose all his muscle mass, this sucker will have a better chance of playing Stephen Hawking instead of James Bond.

The other parts of your post are all good but this paragraph is shit mate. Haye broke his hand vs Valuev....I must have typed it a fuckin thousand times but no cunt ever takes it on board. OK.

The "fix"...oh come off it mate, what the fuck? Don't even go there. The fight was a farce, yeah, but if you had any salt about you you'd have known that the second it was signed. Don't talk about fixes for that shit, Jesus.

Do you need to be a master strategist to beat a Klit? I've beat many a Klit and I ain't no strategy merchant....oh, that's another subject, haha. Nah seriously I don't think Haye will win to be honest but it has fuck all to do with strategy and more to do with vulnerability and stamina issues.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Mar 25 2011, 10:38 AM) *

Ha ha, I like your moxy Sport. Your (misguided) confidence is something to behold. It will make victory all the sweeter. D-Marv throwing it down too, hard. Gee I wish we had a couple more lunatics on these boards and we could swing a few more sig bets to pump up the fight.

Please explain which HW fight was it that gave you an inkling as to the greatness of David Haye? Was it his come of the canvas win against the fearsome Monte Barrett? His awesome dismantling of the veteran Jawny Ruiz or his devastating KO of Audley 'da A Train" Harrizon?

I tell ya Wlad is not a guy you should make angry, he fights good angry. The last guy to get under his skin was Chris Byrd and we all saw how that turned out. Wlad is gonna punish 'the first black James Bond' for all the shit he has talked.

The ramrod jab will be in David's beautiful face all night, swelling him to grotesque proportions, David will take a right hand early sending him to the canvas and in full survival mode. Wlad will desist from going for the quick KO instead taking a step back to slowly administer a methodical beating, jabs and body shots, putting on a show for his Hollywood girlfriend and all her gal pals.

David takes a kneee and refuses to continue somewhere around the 9th similiar to Cotto in the Margarito fight. Bloodied, snot running down his face and fight beaten out of him.

He's going to make David, double-o-munted. Rattle ya dags to that Cobber!!
RyanTical
Who cares? David Haye is a douche, and the Klitch bro's are just....lame. Is this fight supposed to reboot the Heavyweight Division? I honestly didn't care for this fight when it was first announced and nor do I care now that it's signed.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 25 2011, 05:12 PM) *
The other parts of your post are all good but this paragraph is shit mate. Haye broke his hand vs Valuev....I must have typed it a fuckin thousand times but no cunt ever takes it on board. OK.

The "fix"...oh come off it mate, what the fuck? Don't even go there. The fight was a farce, yeah, but if you had any salt about you you'd have known that the second it was signed. Don't talk about fixes for that shit, Jesus.

Do you need to be a master strategist to beat a Klit? I've beat many a Klit and I ain't no strategy merchant....oh, that's another subject, haha. Nah seriously I don't think Haye will win to be honest but it has fuck all to do with strategy and more to do with vulnerability and stamina issues.

he waited to take Harrison out in the 3rd round and told everyone he waited until that round because he told people to bet on it. i'd say you'd have to be a complete moron to do that.

he wasn't impressive before he claimed he injured his hand. seeing as he said he hurt it in the 2nd or 3rd round and just using the 3rd round of the sake of the argument it's just staying on the outside, occasionally parrying a jab, and an occasional right hand. anyway you want to look at it his performance against Valuev was poor and Valuev was a protected fighter who got the luck of bad scoring on a couple occasions. seeing that some people think Haye can stop Wlad in 2 rounds i think it's pretty relevant to point out his fight with Valuev seeing as he's the best HW he's faced, it wasn't anything that made me give him a chance either.

Warlord
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 25 2011, 06:07 AM) *
Let's just do sig... I can't take Ed Reed down, LOL.

You got it, bro. I'm assuming we can attach photos to go along with the sig, yeah?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 25 2011, 10:57 PM) *
You got it, bro. I'm assuming we can attach photos to go along with the sig, yeah?

Of Course... it's all fair play!
Warlord
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Mar 25 2011, 10:02 AM) *

Fanaticism is the most dangerous of delusions, because it burns its bearer far more often than it burns those it is born against.

You shall be smitten for this, Sentral.
lloyd mayflower
The thing that makes this fight interesting is the number of polar opposite views of whats going to happen. I love that the board is so divided, although it has to be said with more leaning toward Wlad. I dont have a clue what I think is going to happen. What I will say tho is that if Haye fights scared like I have an inkling he might, he will get hurt. He has to come out and attack and go for the finish.
SENTRAL
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 25 2011, 10:01 PM) *
Fanaticism is the most dangerous of delusions, because it burns its bearer far more often than it burns those it is born against.

You shall be smitten for this, Sentral.

Fanaticism is too strong a word to use because I simply have a belief which differs vastly from your own. 
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 26 2011, 07:55 AM) *
The thing that makes this fight interesting is the number of polar opposite views of whats going to happen. I love that the board is so divided, although it has to be said with more leaning toward Wlad. I dont have a clue what I think is going to happen. What I will say tho is that if Haye fights scared like I have an inkling he might, he will get hurt. He has to come out and attack and go for the finish.

personally i think he's going to stay on the outside and punch sparingly. kind of like against Valuev except worse for Haye since Wlad is much better and will be putting that jab out there all night. it's just going to look like he's running and i expect Wlad to outwork him, i really can't see Haye coming on strong at the end of rounds so i don't see much chance of him stealing something.

i don't give a fuck if i fall asleep during this fight, i'm buying it to hear Haye's excuses live.
Maxy
Whatever happens I don't want Haye to totally embarrass the Brits. He's already lined himself up for a kickin' and most of the slagging for him has been justified. If he can go out on his shield and take a proper battering without whining I'll feel contented. If he gets spanked after a timid effort and comes out with a shed load of pathetic excuses I'll be fuckin' gutted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.