Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday (and 1 Friday) Night Picks
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Decent weekend of fights (especially the HBO card on Sat.)

Erislandy Lara v Carlos Molina = Tiny step up for Lara. Tougher than it looks. Molina is riding a 9 fight win streak and has never been stopped. Lara UD

Alexander Dimetrenkov v Albert Sosnowski = Who said that Haye v A Sister Klit was going to be the 1st super heavyweight fight of the decade? I hope Sosnowski makes him twitch but . . . Dimetrenkov UD

Dmitry Pirog v Javier Francisco Maciel = No Dmitry, you can't convince your Russian bros that Maciel is SMartinez. First trip away from home for the Argentinian. He has some pop but . . . Pirog TKO 7

Steve Molitor v Takalani Ndlovu = Danger for Molitor. 3rd fight with Ndlovu (TKO and UD wins in Canada). This is in South Africa . . . but South Africans aren't shameless homers like French CanadaLand . . . Molitor SD

Yuriorkas Gamboa v Jorge Solis = Entertaining scrap. Gamboa TKO 9

Miguel Angel Garcia v Matt Remillard = Could be fight of the weekend. Both undefeated, tough, hungry fighters. Remillard will need to box his ass off to get this one. Garcia is rough and tough with pop. Remillard SD

WHO YOU GOT?
Sunni6Killer
Erislandy Lara by wide decision.

Alexander Dimitrenko by 10th round KO.

Dmitry Pirog by 9th round TKO.

Steve Molitor by wide decision.

Yuriorkas Gamboa by 5th round KO.

Miguel Angel Garcia by 8th round TKO.
mexi-cutioner
Lara UD Molina
Dimitrenko TKO 8th round Sosnowski
Pirog TKO5 Maciel
Molitor UD Ndlovu
Gamboa 10th rd KO Solis
Garcia TKO9th round Remillard
Maxy
I expect Lara to ooze class and win a very clear unanimous decision.

Dimitrenko is the better fighter imo and I expect him to win by stoppage in round 9.

Pirog looks extremely good for the win in this one. KO 5.

Molitor has the skills to win a wide UD.

Loving Gamboa and expect him to put on a brutal clinic here. 4th round devastating KO.

Two unbeatens...hmm..yeah Garcia is much classier. He'll have too much and win in 6.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 25 2011, 09:18 AM) *
I expect Lara to ooze class and win a very clear unanimous decision.

Dimitrenko is the better fighter imo and I expect him to win by stoppage in round 9.

Pirog looks extremely good for the win in this one. KO 5.

Molitor has the skills to win a wide UD.

Loving Gamboa and expect him to put on a brutal clinic here. 4th round devastating KO.

Two unbeatens...hmm..yeah Garcia is much classier. He'll have too much and win in 6.

Nice call on Gamboa Maxy.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Mar 24 2011, 09:29 AM) *
Erislandy Lara by wide decision.

Alexander Dimitrenko by 10th round KO.

Dmitry Pirog by 9th round TKO.

Steve Molitor by wide decision.

Yuriorkas Gamboa by 5th round KO.

Miguel Angel Garcia by 8th round TKO.

Dimitrenko KO 12.

6Killer closest to the correct call.

I was a minute and a half from getting one right.
SmartyBeardo
6Killer probably wins for the weekend, closely followed by mexi-cutioner, and Maxy.

I should have had the Kennedy fight on this list.

Decent weekend of fights. Gamboa v Solis juxtaposed to Garcia v Remillard was very interesting. Diamond in the rough compared to machine like efficiency.

Potential of Pirog and Lara comes back to Earth.

Molitor ambushed in S. Africa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.