Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lonely scorecards.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
There will always be controversy on scorecards and how people score fights, which is big factor in the sport. Which fights do you feel you were in the minority or all alone in terms of your own scorecard lol?

I don't remember my exact scorecard/or margin to all the fights listed below, but will do my best...

Mayorga-Forrest II = 7-5 Forrest

Cotto-Clottey = 6-6 Draw

Alexander-Kotelnik = 10-2 Kotelnik

Mosley-Mora = 9-3 Mora

Forrest-Quartey = 6-6 Draw

Cotto-Mosley = 6-6 Draw

Ali-Norton III = Norton

To the brave ones lol, which fights did you feel your own personal scorecard did not match with the majority of boxing fans verdict?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Tua-Ibeabuchi, 7-5 Tua. I'll go to my grave on that one, and so will Ronnie Shields.
Jack 1000
Mayweather-Castillo II: 114-114 Draw. Both looked like shit, resembling nothing from the first fight. I thought Castillo got robbed in the first fight. Mayweather did tons better against N'dou and Sosa than against Castillo. I would accept 115-113 for Mayweather, but I would not accept 115-113 for Castillo. That fight was a big nothing.

Quintana-Williams I: 115-113 Williams. That came down to a matter of styles, Williams throwing an excellent jab and establishing his height and reach on the outside in many close rounds. Working well with Quintana's landing the harder more powerful punches inside. Harold Lederman and I are hated for favoring Williams in this fight. You could still make a case for Quintana winning, which would have been fine as well, but by no more than 115-113. 116-112 for Carlos was a little too wide.

Jack
D-MARV
Cory Spinks put on a clinic againnst Jermain Taylor. I had him winning that fight comfortably.

I had Calzaghe clearly over Hopkins... I think I had it 115-112.

I had Taylor over Hopkins in the second fight.

I had Jones Jr-Tarver 1 a draw.

Hasim Rahman beat the shit out of Tua in both fights.
JLUVBABY
mosley mora... i didnt put an actual score on the fight but i felt mosley won the fight pretty easily... it was sloppy and mora isnt the easiest fighter to look good against but i thought mosley won that fight...
JLUVBABY
another fight where i was way off was the riddick bowe ud tony tubbs... tubbs thoroughly out boxed bowe... was one of those fights that you are left just shakin ya head afterwards...
Romulus9
In response to some of the fights already mentioned, here were my cards:
Kotelnik over Alexander 115-113
Cotto over Clottey 115-112
Mosley over Mora 116-112
Quartey over Forrest 98-91
Norton over Ali (III) 144-141
Tua over Ibeabuchi 116-112
Mayweather/Castillo II 114-114
Williams over Quintana (I) 115-113
Jones over Tarver (I) 116-112
Taylor over Spinks 117-111
Bowe/Tubbs 95-95

A few of my own:
Foreman over Morrison 114-113 - Foreman landed a lot of jabs and short right hands inside. Morrison turned the second half of the fight into a track meet and a lot of the shots he threw were being caught on the shoulder or deflected into glancing blows. He landed plenty of big shots in the fight but Foreman consistently landed those little shots inside more cleanly, and that gets lost on some. A close Morrison win would be fine but 117-110 and 118-109 were unacceptable.

Bonecrusher Smith over Marvis Frazier 96-93

Mancini over Camacho 115-113

Hearns over Leonard (II) 114-111

Barrera over Morales... in all three fights... 116-111, 115-113, and 116-112 respectively.

Lewis over Mercer 96-94

Witherspoon over Mercer 96-94

Toney over Thadzi 115-113

Pazienza over Graham 117-113 - I was entirely outraged the night I watched it. I still am.

Forrest over Mayorga (II) 115-113

Pacquiao over Marquez in both fights, 114-111 and 114-113 respectively. Interesting point, both fights were 6-6 in rounds... the difference was the knockdowns.

Hopkins over Calzaghe 115-112

Penalosa over Morel 117-111

I also thought Foreman beat Savarese BIG. Only one judge, Shafeeq Rashada, had it wide for Foreman at 118-110.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 26 2011, 11:41 PM) *
My scorecard doesn't reflect the fight itself but it was a very sloppy fight, but found it hard giving Mosley the fight, let alone easily. Although I'm a massive Mosley fan I really couldn't give him many of the rounds as Mora being the naturally much bigger fighter was, slippery making him miss and beating him to the punch. You know when Shane Mosley gets a DRAW against Sergio Mora he lost the fight laugh.gif

i know some that feel mo won some who felt he lost and some who felt a draw was fair... i wish i could go back and watch the fight and see a different fight but 1 time was enough.... maybe ill go back and rewatch it some day but i remember thinking "damn a draw?...."... i really thought mo won that fight... like i said it was sloppy as hell we agree on that but i thought mo outworked him... maybe that draw got him the fight.. who knows.. im sure if he looked very good vs mora he wouldnt be getting his shot in may... lol..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Mar 27 2011, 09:02 PM) *
In response to some of the fights already mentioned, here were my cards:
Kotelnik over Alexander 115-113
Cotto over Clottey 115-112
Mosley over Mora 116-112
Quartey over Forrest 98-91
Norton over Ali (III) 144-141
Tua over Ibeabuchi 116-112
Mayweather/Castillo II 114-114
Williams over Quintana (I) 115-113
Jones over Tarver (I) 116-112
Taylor over Spinks 117-111
Bowe/Tubbs 95-95

i just watched bowe tubbs again the other day putting it to dvd from my vhs collection and i still saw tubbs whipping bowe... it wasnt wide but tubbs out boxed bowe in that fight...
BigG
Hopkins over Calzaghe 115-112

Winky over Taylor 115-113

Marquez over Pacquiao II 115-112

Toney over Samuel Peter I 115-113

Ouma over Martisyon 97-92

SmartyBeardo
Hagler v Leonard. It was close but I had it for Hagler.

Sweet Pea v JCC. Absolute blowout for Sweet Pea, IMO.

Holmes v Spinks II. Holmes was robbed.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 29 2011, 04:54 AM) *
Hagler v Leonard. It was close but I had it for Hagler.

Sweet Pea v JCC. Absolute blowout for Sweet Pea, IMO.

Holmes v Spinks II. Holmes was robbed.

beardo... we all know holmes won that second fight... i actually thought he won that first fight close as well... but we both know why he wasnt allowed that first victory... that second fight was a slap in his face for acting up.. lol...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 29 2011, 07:26 AM) *
Don't think your alone there Beardo..I'm sure many fans would agree with those fights. I was more trying to get at your opinion on an outcome to a fight, or more so the margin on your scorecard to a fight where you felt majority may have not been in agreement with you.

For instance I haven't come across too many that felt Forrest beat Mayorga in the rematch like I saw it (thank you Romulus9..I don't feel alone laugh.gif ). Majority felt Alexander beat Kotelnik and then some, yet not many felt Kotelnik won, but then I haven't come across many at all who scored it 10-2 like I had for Kotelnik. Or 9-3 for Mora over Mosley.

Sorry, sometimes I don't explain things the greatest laugh.gif

That's why I hadn't participated yet. There is about a fifteen year hole in my scorecards and I don't keep an archive of my ancient scores.

I thought most had it for Leonard. I thought most had the Sweet Pea v JCC fight closer. It was a near shutout on my card.

Nice thread, though a bit too nuanced for my dusty crawlspace.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Actually just thinking about it I thought the first Lewis/Holyfield fight was a win for Lewis and the 2nd fight was a draw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.