Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decisions the judges got right.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Another thread on scorecards!! Once again there will always be debates on who really won a fight, people will be quick to scream robbery. Which debatable fights do you think the judges gave the decision to the right fighter, I'm sure there are many, many examples of this.

Here are some close/or controversial fights that I agree with the decision, with some of my personal scorecards to some of them...

Froch-Dirrell = Froch

Jones-Tarver I = 8-4 Jones

Calzaghe-Hopkins = 8-4 Calzaghe

Hearns-Leonard II = Draw

Leonard-Hagler = Leonard

Taylor-Hopkins I = 7-5 Taylor

Taylor Hopkins II = 7-5 Taylor

Mayweather-Castillo I = Mayweather

Mayweather-Castillo II = Mayweather

What you guys got?
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 25 2011, 02:46 AM) *
Another thread on scorecards!! Once again there will always be debates on who really won a fight, people will be quick to scream robbery. Which debatable fights do you think the judges gave the decision to the right fighter, I'm sure there are many, many examples of this.

Here are some close/or controversial fights that I agree with the decision, with some of my personal scorecards to some of them...

Froch-Dirrell = Froch

Hearns-Leonard II = Draw

Leonard-Hagler = Leonard

What you guys got?

I actually thought Mayweather lost that first fight with Castillo, other than that I agree with everything you posted

Chris John UD Juan manuel Marquez
Khan UD Maidana
Pacquiao SD Marquez
Mares SD Darchinyan
Williams MD Martinez

i know there are more out there, but i'm under the weather so i can't really think straight right now :S
SENTRAL

Froch-Dirrell = Froch

Jones-Tarver I = 7-5 Jones

Hearns-Leonard II = Hearns

Leonard-Hagler = Hagler

Mayweather-Castillo I = Castillo

Jack 1000
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 25 2011, 04:46 AM) *

Froch-Dirrell = Froch

Hearns-Leonard II = Draw

Leonard-Hagler = Leonard

What you guys got?

From memory, my agreement with the official decisions are as follows

Froch-Direll: 115-113 Froch. He just did a little more in several very close rounds. Direll ran a little too much in critical moments. VERY hard to score fight.

Leonard-Hagler. 115-113 Leonard every time I watch. I think Hagler could have won if 15 rounds was in effect. (The distance of the IBF and WBA at the time.) Leonard was starting to get tired. Hagler didn't do anything for the first three rounds in my eyes and that cost him badly.

Taylor-Hopkins 1 and 2: Both fights for Taylor 115-113. Hopkins losing sort of the same reasons for Hagler losing. Just not busy enough in close rounds.

Jack

Jack 1000
Because it was brought up recently elsewhere, also like to add..

Spinks-Mayorga = Spinks

Same here for Spinks 8-4. Mayorga was so ineffective for most of the rounds.

Jack
Jack 1000
Barrera-Moraels III: 115-113 Barrera. Another classic But I thought Marco did just a little more in many close rounds.

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 25 2011, 06:53 AM) *
I actually thought Mayweather lost that first fight with Castillo, other than that I agree with everything you posted

Khan UD Maidana
Pacquiao SD Marquez
Mares SD Darchinyan
Williams MD Martinez

i know there are more out there, but i'm under the weather so i can't really think straight right now :S

mexi... a buddy of mine hates floyd and that is the fight he loves to talk about... lol... i had to make him a dvd of that fight... lol... but you are right... if ever floyd lost as a pro that was the fight...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 25 2011, 06:53 AM) *

Khan UD Maidana
Pacquiao SD Marquez
Mares SD Darchinyan
Williams MD Martinez

mexi... a buddy of mine hates floyd and that is the fight he loves to talk about... lol... i had to make him a dvd of that fight... lol... but you are right... if ever floyd lost as a pro that was the fight...
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 25 2011, 02:42 PM) *

haha definitely man, the numbers don't lie Castillo landed 100+ more power punches, threw more, landed more and connected somewhere between 40-50% of his punches. A fight Castillo should've won imo
Box in Hand
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 25 2011, 03:46 AM) *

Froch-Dirrell = Froch

Hearns-Leonard II = Draw

Leonard-Hagler = Leonard

What you guys got?

1. No way Froch one that fight. Hit hit the air more than Dirrel.
2. Jones did win by a hair. Should have retired after that.
3. I give Hopkins that fight by a hair. The knock down was pivotal and Hopkins was the champ.
4. I give it to Hearns, even Leonard says he lost.
5. Leonard got that one.
6. Hopkins again took it by a hair and Jermain was never the same after those fights.
7. Jermaine got the second one.
8.Mayweather got it.
9. Mayweather got it again.
Warlord
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 25 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Same here for Spinks 8-4. Mayorga was so ineffective for most of the rounds.

Jack

Back on the drugs, lol. The only reason Spinks walked away with that pathetic "victory" was because Mayorga got two bullshit penalties in the fight.

Spinks did zero the whole night and deserved nothing. I will never understand how anyone could ever score that fight for him. Mayorga won that fight. At worst it was a draw. No way in hell did Spinks ever do anything to merit the victory. Unless you were scoring it as a track meet.
JLUVBABY
figured i would add to this thread yet again... i thought molina beat lara tonight... they need to slow him down now... he is not near ready for the upper echelon of fighters at 154...
STEVENSKI
Have not seen the fight in years but I remember agreeing with the Tito vs DLH result. Not saying Tito dominated or anything but I recall thinking I can see how they scored it that way.
BigG
Spinks over Holmes I

Berto over Collazo

Vargas over Winky

Cotto over Mosley

Cotto over Clottey

Wiliams over Martinez

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 25 2011, 11:31 PM) *
Back on the drugs, lol. The only reason Spinks walked away with that pathetic "victory" was because Mayorga got two bullshit penalties in the fight.

Spinks did zero the whole night and deserved nothing. I will never understand how anyone could ever score that fight for him. Mayorga won that fight. At worst it was a draw. No way in hell did Spinks ever do anything to merit the victory. Unless you were scoring it as a track meet.

Rarely, if ever, do you make sense - but - this time I gotta agree with you.

Spinks did NOTHING for the whole fight. Mayorga got robbed...
Romulus9
As for the ones the judges got right, I had them scored:
Jones over Tarver 116-112
Foreman over Schulz 115-113
Pacquiao over Marquez (I) 114-111
Pacquiao over Marquez (II) 114-113
Williams over Martinez 116-113
Berto over Collazo 115-112
Cotto over Clottey 115-112
Hopkins/Pascal 113-113
and the NEW
Don't want to get into scores of fights, so I won't post who I thought won, I will just post fights where I agreed with the judges outcome of the fight. wink.gif

Hearns V Leonard 2
Pac V Marquez 2
Leonard V Hagler
BHOP V Taylor 1 and 2
Calzaghe V BHOP
Mayweather V Castillo 2
Williams V Martinez 1
Kahn V Madaina
DLH V Quartey
DLH V Pea
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.