Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT): Gamboa vs. Solis-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
kidbazooka1
For those who have seen Soilis fight know that he's a pretty good fighter who doesn't just get blown away. What Gamboa just did was pretty damn impressive he looked like a freakin beast and now that he's fighting a more controlled fight and picking his shots at time he's becoming a complete fighter.

I like JuanMa and can't say who would win a fight between him and Gamboa but it could be one for the ages.

And CEO finally i agree with you on something i think with this performance Gambo cracks or should crack the top 10.

As for garcia he looked good i would also like to see him fight with a lill more pasion but like the HBO crew were saying thats just not him but for a 22 yr old he looks like a good prospect.
caneman
QUOTE (PR316 @ Mar 26 2011, 10:16 PM) *
Chris John beats Gamboa IMO.

50-50 with Lopez because it will pretty be whom can take the other's best shots.

Gamboa clearly beats the rest.

If Raffy hurt Lopez, Gamboa will crack that head but could be a very good fight! I am not sure John hangs either...the problem is the force he lands with! The kid is a total beast! I like him to beat them all...the only thing he doesn't have is the experience but he is a live dog!
caneman
DP my bad
The CEO
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Mar 26 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Lopez is probably the better defensive fighter of the 2... I think Both of them get a KD in by the end of the fight..

The translator did no justice to what Solis was really saying about Gamboa's power...LMAO

For real..."TERRIBLE....BRUTAL."...lol

Gamboa's defense is getting better and better too...I think they're very close defensively.
caneman
What did Solis say exactly? I think Gamboa could be to fast in & out for Lopez & he will crack that chin in 6 rounds!
JLUVBABY
mark my words... arum WILL NOT make that fight happen.... he seems to really be protecting lopez... if they do happen to fight my moneys on gamboa by brutal ko..
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 26 2011, 10:48 PM) *
mark my words... arum WILL NOT make that fight happen.... he seems to really be protecting lopez... if they do happen to fight my moneys on gamboa by brutal ko..

I agree & it will tell us something about Gamboa's chin too! That is a fight that needs to happen...I think Lopez would be favored & if so I am betting on that fight!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 26 2011, 10:32 PM) *
What did Solis say exactly? I think Gamboa could be to fast in & out for Lopez & he will crack that chin in 6 rounds!

NOW KEEP IN MIND IM PR BUT HE SAID "IT WAS TERRIBLE HAVING TO FIGHT HIM, HE HAS THE ABILITY TO HIT HARD"... WHEN ASKED ABOUT COMPARING HIM TO PAC "DAMN PAC DOESNT HIT HARD BUT HES A PUNCHING MACHINE, HE HITS ALOT HARDER, HE HAS A PUNCH THATS BRUTAL AND VERY FAST!"...

His voice sounded like he was scared sh*tless...lol
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 26 2011, 10:58 PM) *
I agree & it will tell us something about Gamboa's chin too! That is a fight that needs to happen...I think Lopez would be favored & if so I am betting on that fight!

id bet on that one too... ive opened a new account actually i want to use to start putting some money down on boxing... nothing major and i wont go over $100 on my bets.. just something i want to try...
Box in Hand
Nice win for Gamboa but I wasn't all that impressed with his overall boxing prowess. He has speed and power but I think at the upper levels he get's picked apart and what's up with all the rabid punches from him?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Mar 26 2011, 11:27 PM) *
Nice win for Gamboa but I wasn't all that impressed with his overall boxing prowess. He has speed and power but I think at the upper levels he get's picked apart and what's up with all the rabid punches from him?

higher divisions or against higher ranked fighters? i can see him being the top guy in his division. the higher divisions are gonna be far away for him, he can keep improving in the future. there's no telling what he can do in them right now.

and the NEW
Gamboa is definately one of my favourite fighters, so damn explosive.

Lopez only chance against him would be a KO, other than that, Gamboa has it all over Lopez I think. Although agree on the Arum front, he doesn't want Lopez going anywhere near Gamboa so can't see it happening for some time.

John won't leave Indonesia and no way they take Gamboa there, would be a very good chess match though, would love to see it.

Also, people seem to be forgetting Hasegawa is now at FW, this guy is the real deal. He was caught against Montiel by a huge shot, if he took a knee instead of standing up and holding onto the ropes, IMO he would have dominated on the cards by the end of the night. He has big wins over big competition. I think he is going to really throw a wild card into the FW division.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 27 2011, 12:25 AM) *
higher divisions or against higher ranked fighters? i can see him being the top guy in his division. the higher divisions are gonna be far away for him, he can keep improving in the future. there's no telling what he can do in them right now.

Higher ranked fighters. I know he only has 20 fights but there is something missing. It's that thing that certain fighters have that let you know they are special and I don't see it in him, maybe he'll prove me wrong.
D-MARV
I just don't see it... Gamboa is a KO waiting to happen. He has great speed and power but he is quite sloppy. A precision puncher will line him up.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Mar 26 2011, 09:27 PM) *

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Mar 27 2011, 04:13 AM) *
Higher ranked fighters. I know he only has 20 fights but there is something missing. It's that thing that certain fighters have that let you know they are special and I don't see it in him, maybe he'll prove me wrong.

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 27 2011, 07:54 AM) *
I just don't see it... Gamboa is a KO waiting to happen. He has great speed and power but he is quite sloppy. A precision puncher will line him up.

After filtering the Russian Standard out of my system, and allowing last night's performance to ferment a bit, I understand where you dudes are coming from.

To me, Gamboa has Macho Camacho type of speed with Duran level power, but he lacks discipline. He fights like a mongoose in the wild. There are no rules and restrictions in the jungle. But if you have ever witnessed mongoose v cobra (or other snakes) fights, the successful mongoose must adapt to the enclosed environment. It takes more discipline.

Gamboa overwhelmed Solis last night, but he looked painfully raw in the professional boxing environment. He was on the verge of having points deducted for low blows and hitting behind the head (probably should have been penalized). He wasted energy throwing too many inconsequential blows when he had Solis in trouble. He leaves himself open too often.

If he does not improve his defense and become more disciplined he will be defeated by a top level boxer by late TKO or decision or DQ.

Gamboa is the most exciting fighter to watch at this time (along with SMartinez). The diamond just needs to be faceted and polished.
PR316
Gamboa's speed and reflexes let him get away with alot against certain guys.

But he'll have problems when he meets either a good boxer with counter punching skills, or a skilled brawler who can push him back and take the fight inside. Gamboa is good from the outside where he can make use of his speed but I think he's been matched pretty well honestly.

I would favor Chris John over him for sure, and its even money with Lopez. Gamboa is an exciting guy but he makes too many mistakes for a top fighter to NOT be able to take advantage of them.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 27 2011, 10:38 AM) *
After filtering the Russian Standard out of my system, and allowing last night's performance to ferment a bit, I understand where you dudes are coming from.

To me, Gamboa has Macho Camacho type of speed with Duran level power, but he lacks discipline. He fights like a mongoose in the wild. There are no rules and restrictions in the jungle. But if you have ever witnessed mongoose v cobra (or other snakes) fights, the successful mongoose must adapt to the enclosed environment. It takes more discipline.

Gamboa overwhelmed Solis last night, but he looked painfully raw in the professional boxing environment. He was on the verge of having points deducted for low blows and hitting behind the head (probably should have been penalized). He wasted energy throwing too many inconsequential blows when he had Solis in trouble. He leaves himself open too often.

If he does not improve his defense and become more disciplined he will be defeated by a top level boxer by late TKO or decision or DQ.

Gamboa is the most exciting fighter to watch at this time (along with SMartinez). The diamond just needs to be faceted and polished.

great post beardo... i think he whacks out lopez still tho i felt last night was actually an off night for him... but you and others who noticed it last night he does leave him self open and vulnerable.... im sure as he matures we'll se him tighten that up a little but for his style he kinda has to leave little openings due to his short arms.. his speed is his savior right now...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (PR316 @ Mar 27 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Gamboa's speed and reflexes let him get away with alot against certain guys.

But he'll have problems when he meets either a good boxer with counter punching skills, or a skilled brawler who can push him back and take the fight inside. Gamboa is good from the outside where he can make use of his speed but I think he's been matched pretty well honestly.

I would favor Chris John over him for sure, and its even money with Lopez. Gamboa is an exciting guy but he makes too many mistakes for a top fighter to NOT be able to take advantage of them.

i would agree with you on the john fight except i think john is starting to show his age and that was a couple years ago... it showed in the first juarez fight...i thought john won that fight but a lot of what juarez threw was visually rocking him... and i know juarez dont hit like gamboa... i could see gamboa treating john just like solis last night or i could see john boxing him in a fight where gamboa will always be a punch away from a ko or a punch setting up a ko... it would depend on which john showed up for that fight...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 27 2011, 06:17 PM) *
i would agree with you on the john fight except i think john is starting to show his age and that was a couple years ago... it showed in the first juarez fight...i thought john won that fight but a lot of what juarez threw was visually rocking him... and i know juarez dont hit like gamboa... i could see gamboa treating john just like solis last night or i could see john boxing him in a fight where gamboa will always be a punch away from a ko or a punch setting up a ko... it would depend on which john showed up for that fight...

I agree JLUV. If Rocky can rock him what the fuck would Gamboa do? I thought there were times that John really struggled in that fight, Gamboa is a different kind of beast.

John may try boxing him, with soem early success but Gamboa gets him eventually.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Mar 27 2011, 06:13 AM) *

i agree about something missing, i think it's just him needing more experience as a pro though.
and the NEW
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 28 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Overall I am more impressed with Gamboa than Lopez. At the moment Gamboa is so skilled & has got to be the most exciting fighter in boxing at the moment.

I would say Gamboa is the most exciting fighter in boxing at the moment, but I can't give anyone that above Donaire at this time. What he does in there so effortlessly to brutally, is something to behold.
and the NEW
Fair call Viper. Gamboa definately does appear more susceptible to a KO.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Mar 27 2011, 11:57 PM) *
Fair call Viper. Gamboa definately does appear more susceptible to a KO.

im not sure gamboa is so susceptible to being knocked out.... my thoughts on gamboa is yes he has gone down but most of his kd's come from balance issues... unlike, lets say, lopez who gets knocked down from a lack of a chin... not saying gamboa has the best chin but id say the jury is still out on the kid as far as thats concerned...

like ive stated before i think his balance issues stem from the range in which he needs to be to be effective which in return at times will leave him in vulnerable positions where he can be clipped or in a situation where he's not hurt yet the ref has no other choice but to call knockdowns... those short arms of his put him in a range where a lot of things can happen... i think that in itself will make him a very fun fighter to watch....
Jack 1000
Great shocking blowout KO for Gamboa!

He will be thrilling as long as his chin holds up!!!! What power!!!!!!!

Did the IBF sanction this fight? The ref was wearing the IBF logo, but the WBA belt was I think the only one mentioned.

Jack
caneman
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 28 2011, 02:05 AM) *
Great shocking blowout KO for Gamboa!

He will be thrilling as long as his chin holds up!!!! What power!!!!!!!

Did the IBF sanction this fight? The ref was wearing the IBF logo, but the WBA belt was I think the only one mentioned.

Jack

The IBF stripped him for now showing up for a re-weigh or some crap!
BigG
Gamboa looked spectacular....shades of prime Jones and prime Tyson...

Disagree pr...John would get annihilated against Gamboa....I think John's one of the most underrated champions out there but I see this being a blowout like this fight...I'll favor Gamboa against Lopez in a war too...
Oscare4
I could be wrong but the impression I get from Gamboa is that he fights kinda reckless sometimes just because he can against the current opposition. I wouldnt be surprised to see him get into some trouble before deciding to show us all how well he can box on the back foot like he did for years as a world class amateur.
EAlbian
I think Gamboa looked great but Solis looked like shit. He came in cold and bloated. He was also extremely stiff in there as well. Gamboa still needs a couple wins against solid fighters before i'm truely convinced he is the next coming of that special fighter, don't get me wrong he has all the talent in the world and i think he could be really special.

How about a Ponce de Leon fight? should test that chin and make for a rough solid scrap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.