Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pascal goes crazy at Hopkins
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Maxy

Adds a bit of excitement to the rematch.
ROLL DEEP
take what test?

Steroid test?
JLUVBABY
lol.. i think i just saw more ownage... lol.. hopkins pushes him twice and no real response from pascal...
salvador
a test for steroids?

of all the guys in the sport who I would assume would be thrilled with drug tests, I would assume Hopkins would be at the top of the list. that's odd.
D-MARV
LMAO... There's a lot of Hopkins fans around here...

I Love It... Pascal decides to play mind games with the master. Pascal won round 1 y'all... I know you guys won't admit it BUT Pascal got to B-Hop on this one.

gravytrain
is that Pascal saying "oh shit" at about 0:48 in the video?

Hopkins is the master at this shit, he's just shooting spitballs at snaggletooth.
mexi-cutioner
No one finds it strange how defensive Hopkins gets about NOT wanting to take blood tests??? So y'alll can rag on Pacquiao for doing amazing things and being reluctant about taking the tests but if 46 year old Bernard "continues defying the odds" Hopkins refuses to take the tests it's coool cus he's clean???? that's some double standard shiit mannnn
Box in Hand
Pascal just can't figure how a 46 year old man got up off the canvas and took him to school. And he got pushed and he got hit in the same press conference. Hopkins is the last dude we need to be worried about cheating. He doesn't even eat sweets and any man than denies sweets for the love of his body is a machine.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 28 2011, 03:39 PM) *
No one finds it strange how defensive Hopkins gets about NOT wanting to take blood tests??? So y'alll can rag on Pacquiao for doing amazing things and being reluctant about taking the tests but if 46 year old Bernard "continues defying the odds" Hopkins refuses to take the tests it's coool cus he's clean???? that's some double standard shiit mannnn

Hopkins only got mad when Pascal got in his face. Not even close to Manny's lying ass I'm scared of needles but got tattoos and will only test on this day bullchit.
Method
Pascal is pathetic.

First he's ready to go to war w aliens if they will come down to face him...

...now its ped tests.

he could be the runner up for all time worst shit talker (title held by John Ruiz leading up to bout w RJ)

"Take the test. The fans are asking. Its not for me its for the fans"

What the fuck is this guy talking about? I've been watching boxing for the better part of 25 years, and I have NEVER heard fans clamoring for Hopkins to take any extra testing (admittedly, some Trinididiots made steroid clams after the Trinidad fight, where leading up to the fight they claimed Hopkins over trained...hahahaha). This guy is reaching like a motherfucker. Does he understand how stupid he sounds?
JLUVBABY
pascals mistake was when he went to it looked like put his arm around hop which in my eyes was an attempt to boost his confidence... hop would have no parts and shoved him... the rest of it was a matter of pascal trying to maintain dignity in the situation... i seem to remember pascal pushing hop back during the presser before their first fight when hop took his belt and put it behind his back... thre would be no stepping up to him this time... lol...pascal knows what time it is...

now with that said i heard something today and i will leave it at that till i get more solid proof or the person saying it makes a video on it... but there is def. things cooking leading into this fight... lol...
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 28 2011, 10:55 PM) *
Not really. The suspicion with Pacquaio came from:

1. I am afraid of needles
  2. Actually it's because blood tests weaken me
  3. Actually I think it will be fine, but only on this day

And Manny saying a while back "mmm...I don't know what steroids are" hahaha.

Pacquaio's team responded with excuses that just didn't look good and would have been better off saying from the start "no, because I don't have to do it", rather than coming up with dumb reasons.

Also this is nothing a like. This is something that you negotiate before a contract is signed. Pascal is trying to bring it up on a fight that is already signed and they are doing press conferences for. They are absolutely nothing a like, haha.

People became suspicious for entirely different reasons than what we see in this one minute video, haha.

Yup smile_anim.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 28 2011, 04:55 PM) *
Not really. The suspicion with Pacquaio came from:

1. I am afraid of needles
  2. Actually it's because blood tests weaken me
  3. Actually I think it will be fine, but only on this day

And Manny saying a while back "mmm...I don't know what steroids are" hahaha.

Pacquaio's team responded with excuses that just didn't look good and would have been better off saying from the start "no, because I don't have to do it", rather than coming up with dumb reasons.

Also this is nothing a like. This is something that you negotiate before a contract is signed. Pascal is trying to bring it up on a fight that is already signed and they are doing press conferences for. They are absolutely nothing a like, haha.

People became suspicious for entirely different reasons than what we see in this one minute video, haha.

So all Pacquaio had to do was to have said "no because I don't have to" and all the supsicion and naysayers would've gone away?

Ummm I don't think so.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 28 2011, 05:22 PM) *
pascals mistake was when he went to it looked like put his arm around hop which in my eyes was an attempt to boost his confidence... hop would have no parts and shoved him... the rest of it was a matter of pascal trying to maintain dignity in the situation... i seem to remember pascal pushing hop back during the presser before their first fight when hop took his belt and put it behind his back... thre would be no stepping up to him this time... lol...pascal knows what time it is...

now with that said i heard something today and i will leave it at that till i get more solid proof or the person saying it makes a video on it... but there is def. things cooking leading into this fight... lol...

Please don't tell me Karceno has another video in the works? laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 28 2011, 05:52 PM) *
So all Pacquaio had to do was to have said "no because I don't have to" and all the supsicion and naysayers would've gone away?

Ummm I don't think so.

i doubt it, there will always be people that will just choose to believe something. man there are motherfuckers in America that actually believe the government is trying to throw everyone in FEMA camps. but at the end of the day i think Pac would have looked a lot better if his team just said "he hasn't tested positive for anything and wont take tests that will interfere with his training" it'd be a lot better than stalling and making questionable excuses before finally saying it.

if he stood firm on that and basically told Mayweather "when you want to fight i'll be ready" i wouldn't have ever questioned him. i think a big part of why i was suspicious of Pac originally was how his team handled it instead of the "physical" proof that exists anyway because the proof just isn't there.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 28 2011, 05:09 PM) *
i doubt it, there will always be people that will just choose to believe something. man there are motherfuckers in America that actually believe the government is trying to throw everyone in FEMA camps. but at the end of the day i think Pac would have looked a lot better if his team just said "he hasn't tested positive for anything and wont take tests that will interfere with his training" it'd be a lot better than stalling and making questionable excuses before finally saying it.

if he stood firm on that and basically told Mayweather "when you want to fight i'll be ready" i wouldn't have ever questioned him. i think a big part of why i was suspicious of Pac originally was how his team handled it instead of the "physical" proof that exists anyway because the proof just isn't there.

Yeah there are folks who are actually thinking they are going into FEMA camps even thought it is not physically possible for that to happen but oh well. Pac just has too many holes in his logic which is why I think he's on something.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 28 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Maybe not, but he would have been better off.

That's where the suspicious mainly came from.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in negotiation.

1. Mayweather agrees to using 8oz gloves rather than standard 10oz
  2. Mayweather agrees to $1million penalty for each pound over rather than standard 10%
  3. Then the negotiations fell apart when the drug testing came
  4. The reasons changed from: Scared of needles, to it weakens me, to only at these ceratin dates

That is why the suspicion became so strong. It wasn't because of something so simple that we saw in this 1 minute video and you know it, acknowledging it is different, but I think deep down you know why people are suspicious. Not saying you have to agree with this, but surely you can understand.
Sorry, I don't want this to be beaten to death again, but to me there is a major difference on suspicion between this and that.

That pretty much sums it up.
mexi-cutioner
Man all i'm saying is, Pacquiao developed A LOT of haters after the De La Hoya bout for whatever reason. That's how it is, when you're on top you accumulate haters. I feel the fans more than the media blew up the steroid accusations mainly because it was hard for them to believe this little dude was moving up in weight and doing crazy things. Now you can look at a guy like Hopkins and what he's doing is pretty fucking insane too. The dude is 46 and he's making guys in their 20s and early 30s, in the prime of their careers look like amateurs, the dude hasn't waned in his stamina/strength at all. Although I do agree this is soemthing Pascal should be asking for PRIOR to the fight being signed, but if it happened that the dude didn't want to take the blood tests than why can't people question him either??? Since neither guy (Pac or BHop) have ever tested positive for any banned substance and both are doing crazy things at this point in their career, i think it's fair to wonder about BHop as welll if you're going to be questioning all day about all Pacquiao has accomplished
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 28 2011, 05:52 PM) *
Please don't tell me Karceno has another video in the works? laugh.gif

roflmao... i dont know... lol... he hasnt put anything on youtube as of late... lol...
D-MARV
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 28 2011, 08:13 PM) *
Man all i'm saying is, Pacquiao developed A LOT of haters after the De La Hoya bout for whatever reason.

what the hell are you talking about?

Pacquiao was an international HERO when he beat the shit out of Oscar! LOL

I also think you are mixing "Hate" with "Suspicion"... Not too many people hate the guy, some of use just have our suspicions, that's all. I personally want to see him brutally KO'd... not because of him but mainly because of his fans and Bob Arum.
Method
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 28 2011, 08:13 PM) *
Now you can look at a guy like Hopkins and what he's doing is pretty fucking insane too. The dude is 46 and he's making guys in their 20s and early 30s, in the prime of their careers look like amateurs, the dude hasn't waned in his stamina/strength at all.

Well, a LOT of people mentioned Hopkins fading against the likes of Taylor, ESPECIALLY Calzaghe and even Wright. Hopkins making these young guys look like amateurs because they fucking fight like amateurs. It's a skills thing, not a physical, walk-through-hell-and-keep-on-coming thing. Its a complete mastery of the science.

This is fucking retarded.

Pascal is fucking retarded.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 28 2011, 06:50 PM) *

I also think you are mixing "Hate" with "Suspicion"... Not too many people hate the guy, some of use just have our suspicions, that's all. I personally want to see him brutally KO'd... not because of him but mainly because of his fans and Bob Arum.

yeah he was an international hero in the PHILIPPINES, but just like you, A LOT of people wanted to see him get KO'd. twist it whatever way you want,saying u want him to get KO'd becuas eor Arum or w.e, but at the end of the day you do want to see Pacquiao gets KO'd and so do alot of people. All i'm saying is, if people can be suspicious over what Pacquiao is doing then why can't people be suspicious over what BHop is doing??? Especially if BHop openly comes out and says he will not take a blood test like he seemed to be implying during the press con then we have every right to be "suspicious" as welll
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 28 2011, 07:02 PM) *
Well, a LOT of people mentioned Hopkins fading against the likes of Taylor, ESPECIALLY Calzaghe and even Wright. Hopkins making these young guys look like amateurs because they fucking fight like amateurs. Itrs a skils thing, not a physical, walk through hell and keep on coming thing. Its a complete mastery of the science.

You could say the same about Pac. Dude is moving up in weight and u could also say it's a "skills things". Aside from the Hatton fight, the dude doesn't have one punch power and hasn't gotten better punching power over the last few years, but his skill level HAS improved he has better movement and has better use of his right hand. Like you said, Hopkins makes these guys look like amateurs "becuase they fucking fight like amateurs", welll ur basically downplaying BHop's opposition as being pretty insignificant, which is the same shit people have been doing to Pac's opponents.

At the end of the day, what both these guys are doing is pretty remarkable and if people are gonna hv mad doubts and craete abunch of cons about Pac then we can do the same about BHop.
Method
If its an issue, then you make it an issue BEFORE you sign for the fight. TOO BAD THIS IS A MANDATED REMATCH, not an OPTED rematch.

Pascal has ZERO pull here.

He has not the star power of Mayweather, Paq. He looks completely retarded here.

Im not downplaying Hopkins opposition. What many focus on is the sheer youth of guys like Pascal, Pavlik, Taylor. Truth is, they are not complete fighters, especially in the case of Pascal. He NOTORIOUSLY GASSES, and then bitche because his opponents are able to grind him down thereafter?

Thie argument with Paq is that he moved up from 100 pounds to whup up on monsters.

Hopkiuns has been fighting around the same weight FOREVER for christ's sake.

This is an apples to fucking eggplant argument. Not relevant whatsoever.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 28 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Maybe not, but he would have been better off.

That's where the suspicious mainly came from.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in negotiation.

1. Mayweather agrees to using 8oz gloves rather than standard 10oz
  2. Mayweather agrees to $1million penalty for each pound over rather than standard 10%
  3. Then the negotiations fell apart when the drug testing came
  4. The reasons changed from: Scared of needles, to it weakens me, to only at these ceratin dates

That is why the suspicion became so strong. It wasn't because of something so simple that we saw in this 1 minute video and you know it, acknowledging it is different, but I think deep down you know why people are suspicious. Not saying you have to agree with this, but surely you can understand.
Sorry, I don't want this to be beaten to death again, but to me there is a major difference on suspicion between this and that.

No problem Fitz, I don't want to beat it to death either. However I will differ in opinion to you on this one. To me the only difference is a case of bad PR. Top Rank/Manny's people handled this dreadfully when it first came out, no doubt, but to me that's about it. The excuses were so bad and all over the place I'm not sure how anyone could take them as credible. Honestly you would be hard pressed to make this shit up.

Bringing what Floyd agreed to is facile to the argument in IMHO but clearly not in yours. That's cool we just see that one opposite ways.

As for what each fighter has been able to achieve in going up weight classes and the speed in which they went up I see no real difference in what Hopkins and Manny have been able to do.

And on that note........

WAR Hopkins!!

Box in Hand
If anyone has been watching Hopkins like I have all these years (I have nearly every fight of his) then you will know his skills have deteriorated However, what makes it amazing is he is a smarter fighter now. He isn't an attack lion like he used to be, now he sets traps and uses his experience more. I would say he is the epitome of what can happen if you take care of your body well. Me and him have friends in common and the word has always been that Hopkins lives like a monk.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 28 2011, 11:52 PM) *

Ummm I don't think so.

Personally, I thought it was f'd up the way Mayweather Sr just threw around the accusations out of nowhere. If Pacquiao would have just told him to fuck off from the get go, I would have thought it was totally within his right.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 28 2011, 10:23 PM) *
Personally, I thought it was f'd up the way Mayweather Sr just threw around the accusations out of nowhere. If Pacquiao would have just told him to fuck off from the get go, I would have thought it was totally within his right.

More than anything, I think it's the fans taking the accusations to heart that have done more damage to Pac's image than the media. Alot of fans, especially the haters started linking Pacquiao to steroids almost immediately after the Mayweather accusations came out. For the most part, the media still adores Pac, it's the non-pac fans that have ripped him apart more than anything
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 28 2011, 06:50 PM) *

Whether or not Pac is/was on peds has never been an issue for me. Team QuackMeow's strategy of using the accusations to duck and run like pussies to an African Heavy Bag choreography is my problem.

QUOTE (Method @ Mar 28 2011, 07:02 PM) *
Well, a LOT of people mentioned Hopkins fading against the likes of Taylor, ESPECIALLY Calzaghe and even Wright. Hopkins making these young guys look like amateurs because they fucking fight like amateurs. Itrs a skils thing, not a physical, walk through hell and keep on coming thing. Its a complete mastery of the science.

Mentally challenged at the minimum.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 28 2011, 07:13 PM) *
yeah he was an international hero in the PHILIPPINES, but just like you, A LOT of people wanted to see him get KO'd. twist it whatever way you want,saying u want him to get KO'd becuas eor Arum or w.e, but at the end of the day you do want to see Pacquiao gets KO'd and so do alot of people. All i'm saying is, if people can be suspicious over what Pacquiao is doing then why can't people be suspicious over what BHop is doing??? Especially if BHop openly comes out and says he will not take a blood test like he seemed to be implying during the press con then we have every right to be "suspicious" as welll

The only twisting that has been going on has come from Team QuackMeow and his Tranny Army.

You "have every right" to have your own opinion, mexi. That is why Team QuackMeow's bullshit defamation suit is going nowhere and is actually fueling the suspicions.

The fact is Team QuackMeow has fueled this fire from the beginning, out of self interest. Pac's reputation has little to do with it. Arum knew Pac was not ready for PBF. So he sued Team PBF for defamation in order to create a smoke screen through which Team QuackMeow could escape the negotiations, fire up and increase his fan base and inflame his detractors.

Simple as that. Arum is a piece of shit.

QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 28 2011, 10:23 PM) *

I agree, 100%.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 29 2011, 12:40 AM) *
More than anything, I think it's the fans taking the accusations to heart that have done more damage to Pac's image than the media. Alot of fans, especially the haters started linking Pacquiao to steroids almost immediately after the Mayweather accusations came out. For the most part, the media still adores Pac, it's the non-pac fans that have ripped him apart more than anything

Team QuackMeow made a conscious decision to fan the flames of suspicion rather than stamp them out or let them just die for lack of oxygen. It has all been for promotional purposes; maximize the fan base while simultaneously creating and building a crowd intent on paying to see Pac's demise.

Ali was The Master of it. PBF has become adept at it. BHop is decent at it. Team QuackMeow is playing The Victim of a scenario they choreographed; a passion play on the bitch level.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
3 things occurred to me after watching this video:

1) Pascal knowing the fight is now signed without any testing clause is starting to get his inbuilt excuse ready should he (when he) loses on fight night.

2) He's only trying to convince himself that Hopkins hasn't spooked him (he has) by acting tough. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

3) The only person who appears to be suffering from roid rage in this video is Pascal laugh.gif
salvador
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 28 2011, 07:13 PM) *
Man all i'm saying is, Pacquiao developed A LOT of haters after the De La Hoya bout for whatever reason. That's how it is, when you're on top you accumulate haters.

I never want to discuss this particular subject again because nobody will ever know except for Pac -

that said, I totally disagree with you as to why people hate the guys on top. The Pac haters came for the same reason that Floyd has haters, which is because every fight fan on earth wants to believe in the total greatness of these guys (or any once in a generation athlete) and these guys give the fans damn good reasons to doubt that greatness. And both Floyd (who could have fought tougher competition and proved that he was what everyone hoped/believed he was) and Pac (who could have taken the tests when he started looking like Stallone in Rocky 3) have chosen to put doubts in peoples minds rather than clarify everything with a simple blood test or by signing to fight tougher opponents.

People crave greatness, and Pac and Floyd are as close to it as it gets in boxing. You could argue that Floyd is a jerk/liar ect. who doesn't take enough risks and people hate his style and that no matter what people are always going to hate him because he isn't Tysonesque. But with Pac, he's such a likable guy and his style is so fan friendly, the only possible explanation for the haters is that he won't take the tests. That seed of doubt is what drives fans crazy.

kidbazooka1
Can't stand Hopkins i hope Pascal lays his ass out cold this time around.
KookedKrack
Dude is looking for a reason to justify getting beat up by a 46 yr old man nothing more nothing less.
PR316
Lol. Pascal looks desperate here. He's calling Hopkins a cheater because he just cannot believe that a fighter who's damn near 50 took him to school.

He already has a built in excuse when he loses the rematch. He'll say that Hopkins was on something. I see his game but I don't think people will buy it.

If Hopkins can avoid any knockdowns in the 2nd fight(The first "knockdown" was bull), then he'll either win a clear UD or get a late stoppage in a one sided fight.
JD
It's hard for me to take Pascal serious with that accent...I feel like he should be explaining the Foie Gras course in the tasting menu to me.
Method
I feel like he should be walking up to my car with a bottle of Windex and a rag asking me if he can shine my windshield.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 29 2011, 01:47 PM) *
I feel like he should be walking up to my car with a bottle of Windex and a rag asking me if he can shine my windshield.

LMAO
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 29 2011, 12:47 PM) *

if he loses to Hopkins twice he just might be doing that in the future. him and Pavlik might even be sharing bottles of thunderbird together one day.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 29 2011, 02:40 AM) *

how are fans hurting Pac's image when he's the one that fucked up? it seems like Koncz is a big reason he's looking bad, maybe he should have told his sorry ass he's done with him. either way there are Pac fans and Mayweather fans, if there's something to discredit Pac then Mayweather fans will hop on it just like Pac fans started talking all the shit about xylocaine. you can't expect everybody to like you, both of these dudes are in their 30s so i really doubt they believe some shit like that will happen anyway.
JLUVBABY
TheFonz
LOL, B-Hop talking about class. Because Bernard's history is the epitome of class.
pesticid
Bhop talking about his lawyer having it on tape. Disappointing!
Method
There was nothing libelous that I heard, but Pascal is walking a REAL fine line. Interchange a few select, basic words, and he's libelous.
Method
Even local CAD papers are laughing at that buffoon Pascal...

Per the Edmonton Sun

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/columnis...9/17801396.html

Jean Pascal is fooling nobody.

The 28-year-old World Boxing Council light heavyweight champion tried pulling a goofy psych job on Bernard Hopkins on Monday, but came off looking like a petulant punk.

At the Montreal press conference to announce details of their May 21 rematch at the Bell Centre, the Haitian-born Pascal — who now calls himself a Quebecer — suggested the 46-year-old Hopkins should have to pass a blood test before they fight again.

Boxingexaminer.com reported that after dropping his WBC and Ring magazine title belts on the table in front of the American, Pascal said:

“I’m not done old man — you are. And since you once went to prison for stealing, you won’t have to steal my belts like you did in Quebec City. They are yours, but I’m telling you these belts won’t leave Montreal on May 21. I’m doing this because I’m not the bad guy in this story. I’m keeping you away from prison. I was not at my best last time, but this time I will be.’’

Then he added: “Are you willing to take a blood test for the fans and the rest of the world to prove you’re clean? Do it for the fans, Bernard. If you won those fights with De La Hoya, Wright, Tarver, and managed to have a draw with me, it’s only because you took illegal substances. If you had fought me clean at your age, you would have lost.”

At that point, Hopkins got in Pascal’s face. They exchanged shoves and looked ready to start throwing punches before being separated.

“This time when I send him to the canvas, I’ll make sure he doesn’t get up again,” said Pascal (26-1-1, 16 KOs).

“It’s personal, because Hopkins disrespected Quebecers by saying the people of Quebec are little people, that Quebec City is a village.

“He made a lot of money off of these people, but the guy lacks respect. I hate him.”

Blah, blah, blah.

From this corner, there’s absolutely no doubt Hopkins won the first fight. The two early — and soft — knockdowns scored by Pascal were more than offset by the old man’s total domination over the last eight rounds.

You can count on one hand the number of title bouts in the past 50 years that have seen a challenger rebound so completely. The bottom line was that Hopkins took the champ to school — and spanked him along the way.

The rematch will offer more of the same — the only difference being that Hopkins (51-5-2, 32 KOs) won’t wait so long to get his dander up.

“I’m a threat ... and my age doesn’t matter,” said the man known as The Executioner.

“We could have had this rematch in New York, Atlantic City or Las Vegas, but I wanted it here so I could kick his ass in his own backyard.

“The fans know who really won last time. I gave Pascal an old-fashioned beating, and I’ll do it again. Believe me, he knows exactly what’s waiting for him on May 21. It will be execution time again.”

After Hopkins wrapped up by saying he’d submit to any test the Quebec Athletic Commission required, Pascal couldn’t resist one last classless jibe, screaming: “You’re a f***ing cheater!”

Nobody was fooled by the champ’s bush-league bravado. It only served to underline that his pysche is apparently as fragile as his fight plan was in December.
Mean Mister Mustard
Pascal is the younger fighter, so there is the possibility that he can improve more than Hopkins can. Such a change, however, will require a smarter game plan, and not necessarily more activity. Because if Pascal decides to start off faster, he's going to tire. His best bet is to make Hopkins go after him. When Hopkins came forward in their first fight, Pascal had some success countering with that left hook of his. Maybe his antics at the press conference are part of his plan to get Hopkins to fight more aggressively.
gravytrain
Pascal isn't going to make Hopkins change it up, Hopkins probably acted emotional just to get in Pascal's head. we're talking about the man that threw down the PR flag to put Trinidad on the spot, Pascal's shitty attempt at messing with Hopkins isn't phasing him any time.

if anything i see Pascal expecting Hopkins to be more aggressive only to see the same Hopkins that got at him last time, this time i think he wont get any KDs against him though so i can see him winning this one easier than the last time.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 29 2011, 09:08 PM) *
Pascal isn't going to make Hopkins change it up, Hopkins probably acted emotional just to get in Pascal's head. we're talking about the man that threw down the PR flag to put Trinidad on the spot, Pascal's shitty attempt at messing with Hopkins isn't phasing him any time.

if anything i see Pascal expecting Hopkins to be more aggressive only to see the same Hopkins that got at him last time, this time i think he wont get any KDs against him though so i can see him winning this one easier than the last time.

lol what are u talking about dude. I hate how all the BHop huggers try and turn it on Pascal saying how BHop got to Pascal. Obviously Pascal got to Bhop, if he didn't then BHop wouldn't be instigating the pushing and shoving since it was clear Pascal triggered something in BHop to have him retaliate and get him fired up Those steroid accusations and the lack of respect by Pascal to put his arm on BHop clearly pissed off BHop. Pascal clearly got into his head and all i have to say to that is OHHHHHHHHH CANADA!!!!1
neophyte7
Yaaaawwwwn.... Pascal is afraid. His skills are not that great. He surprised Hopkins with Flash knockdowns and I am sure the master pugilist will see to it that does not happen again. Pascal has some explosive speed which eventually negated by poor stamina and his monkey type upper body which is very tense--- he is not a relaxed fighter and is chinny... He is afraid and perplexed.
The CEO
Nobody was fooled by the champ’s bush-league bravado. It only served to underline that his pysche is apparently as fragile as his fight plan was in December.

Bush League is the perfect description for Jean Pascal...and Canadian Boxing in general for that matter....Bute, Marlon Wright, 5 minute rounds...they disgust me.

I would probably go hump my wife if Hopkins kills him in the ring...it would give me a boost.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 30 2011, 06:46 AM) *
You got that right, neo. Pascal is afraid that he won't make it to the final bell this time, where his French CanadaLand buddies can save his punk ass, again.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 30 2011, 07:09 AM) *
Bush League is the perfect description for Jean Pascal...and Canadian Boxing in general for that matter....Bute, Marlon Wright, 5 minute rounds...they disgust me.

I would probably go hump my wife if Hopkins kills him in the ring...it would give me a boost.

AY YO DON'T BE HATING ON CANADA CUS WE FILL BOXING SEATS BETTER THAN AMERICANS, R HEALTH CARE IS FREE, OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH MORE AND R BOY PASCAL REIGNS ATOP THE 175 DIVISION BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gravytrain
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 30 2011, 12:06 PM) *
AY YO DON'T BE HATING ON CANADA CUS WE FILL BOXING SEATS BETTER THAN AMERICANS, R HEALTH CARE IS FREE, OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH MORE AND R BOY PASCAL REIGNS ATOP THE 175 DIVISION BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 30 2011, 01:44 AM) *
lol what are u talking about dude. I hate how all the BHop huggers try and turn it on Pascal saying how BHop got to Pascal. Obviously Pascal got to Bhop, if he didn't then BHop wouldn't be instigating the pushing and shoving since it was clear Pascal triggered something in BHop to have him retaliate and get him fired up Those steroid accusations and the lack of respect by Pascal to put his arm on BHop clearly pissed off BHop. Pascal clearly got into his head and all i have to say to that is OHHHHHHHHH CANADA!!!!1

looking at both of these i think it's pretty easy to see who's riding a dick and it isn't gravytrain.

Hopkins was trying to be the bigger man and not give this guy any spotlight, he was just going to leave. then Pascal got physical with him and Hopkins showed him he's not taking shit off of some horrible Canadian fighter that should have lost 115-111 to him. face it man, all the top Canadian fighters are bums.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.