Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juan Manuel Lopez seems reluctant to fight Gamboa
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Fitz
http://www.boxingscene.com/juanma-i-told-g...nt-fight--37577

WBO featherweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez is afraid to accept the challenge of his WBA rival, Yuriorkis Gamboa. Last Saturday Lopez sat ringside in Atlantic City to watch Gamboa destory Jorge Solis in four rounds. Gamboa scored five knockdowns in the contest. Juanma is back on April 16, defending his title against Orlando Salido.

"I know that Gamboa is a great fighter. But I was surprised at how weak Solis looked. I had no doubt that Gamboa was winning, but I was surprised at how easy it was. Solis is a strong fighter, but I was concerned because he came down (from 130 pounds) to 126 pounds for this fight and I think that really weakened him," Juanma told Joseph Sanchez.

After the fight was over, Juanma entered the ring and approached Gamboa about a possible showdown in the near future. If the money is right, Juanma will fight.

"I got into the ring and told him straight to his face that I have no problem with fighting him if I get paid 100 million dollars. If I get what I deserve (pay), I'll fight him tomorrow, if he wants. I'm ready," Juanma said. "Personally, I want this fight with Gamboa. But all in good time. We're going to see what happens in the negotiations, and if it makes sense to fight him in August, we'll do it, or else we'll fight with Rafael (Marquez)."

Lopez doesn't sound confident.
JD
Sounds?

Lopez didn't want to fight Caballero either. A Marquez rematch in August? Great...he should line up Israel Vazquez for the late Fall too.
D-MARV
Well the quote is incorrect... He didn't say 100 million dollars. LOL

Lopez and Gamboa would be a great fight for however long it lasts. Again, If anyone is at fault here, it is Bob Arum.
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 30 2011, 02:03 PM) *
Well the quote is incorrect... He didn't say 100 million dollars. LOL

Lopez and Gamboa would be a great fight for however long it lasts. Again, If anyone is at fault here, it is Bob Arum.

That quote has to be incorrect. 100 million dollars? Who the fuck does he think he is?
TheFonz
He definitely didn't say that in the interview with after the fight.
KookedKrack
he is shook
Snoop
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Mar 30 2011, 02:54 PM) *
Floyd Mayweather maybe??

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Even Mayweather sounds like a jackass asking for that much; imagine what JuanMa would if he did.
gravytrain
i don't see how he deserves any big payday yet, he hasn't even cleaned out his division and fights in an unpopular division. Arum is just pricing the fight out so that he can protect Juanma and cash in on him when Cotto is gone.
mexi-cutioner
Lopez can't handle Gamboa. Lopez knows it, Arum knows it, and Lopez' momma knows it
caneman
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 30 2011, 01:19 PM) *
Lopez can't handle Gamboa. Lopez knows it, Arum knows it, and Lopez' momma knows it

I would take Gamboa by KO but I don't think that it's impossible for Lopez to outbox him...I think it would be a macho think with these 2 though and someone is getting put to sleep. I would love too see this fight happen.
salvador
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Mar 30 2011, 08:03 AM) *
Again, If anyone is at fault here, it is Bob Arum.

I don't know. If Lopez really wanted the fight I think it would happen.

I think Lopez knows for damn sure that Gamboa is faster and probably hits harder. Not that Lopez is necessarily afraid, but at the same time I think all fighters naturally want the biggest paychecks with the least risk - and that's not Gamboa.
JONdaCON817
Gamboa has gone done a total of 5x i believe.. most of the guys were nobodys with average power... Lopez' power isnt great but its above average.. its deff a tough fight to call... i would assume JuanMa would wanna finish the fight early to avoid a Mtagwa type finish.. at the same time, Gamboa always wants a quicc KO. i would love to see the fight and i think boxing fans would be pretty satisfied either way. Deff could pan out to be an amazing trilogy.
and the NEW
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 30 2011, 07:36 PM) *
I would take Gamboa by KO but I don't think that it's impossible for Lopez to outbox him...I think it would be a macho think with these 2 though and someone is getting put to sleep. I would love too see this fight happen.

I actually think Gamboa stands far more chance of outboxing Lopez. Lopez needs to press in this fight and look for a KO of which he definately has a chance.

Unfortunately, Lopez said he wants Gamboa to fight John first (WTF does Gamboa need to go to Indonesia and take the belt from John?). Not to mention, we need that old c*nt Arum to drop dead!!

D-MARV
There's only 2 scenarios in this fight. Gamboa can come out and knock Lopez out early in explosive fashion OR Lopez can survive the early storm and beat the shit out of Gamboa and stop him late.
caneman
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Mar 30 2011, 06:32 PM) *
I actually think Gamboa stands far more chance of outboxing Lopez. Lopez needs to press in this fight and look for a KO of which he definately has a chance.

Unfortunately, Lopez said he wants Gamboa to fight John first (WTF does Gamboa need to go to Indonesia and take the belt from John?). Not to mention, we need that old c*nt Arum to drop dead!!

Well I totally see your point & agree to a point...I was kinda thinking that either guy could get beat ala Hameed/MAB but it's odd cause while I think Gamboa beats John, I see John beating Lopez barring a KO. I am not sure anyone else in the division in the running & you are right, no way Gamboa should fight John anywhere but here in the states.

I think Gamboa/Lopez is a great and you never know how the styles would play out but I have a feeling Lopez will be favored & if so I will be beating on Gamboa. I also feel that these fighters should have to fight the best to make big payday...these days guys want better they fight the best! Lets face it, if you fight the best available everytime out, you will get the big money. Just my 2 cents!
and the NEW
Yeh, my point was poorly written and conveyed Caneman.

I was meaning: I wouldn't mind seeing Gamboa go to Indonesia and fight John, but Lopez says Gamboa needs to do so before their fight so they can unify. Why won't Lopez try and fight John himself? He seems like he wants to keep sitting on his good paydays fighting less than par opposition while Gamboa goes and belt collects and then he can fight Gamboa for a chance to unify for the least risk and the greatest reward.

I also like Gamboa over John, John over Lopez and whilst I take Gamboa over Lopez, I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Lopez take it by KO.

I also think Hasegawa is a threat to any of these guys, but he isn't getting much mention. Let's see how he does in his upcoming fight against Y Gonzalez, his 2nd decent test at feather.
JLUVBABY
who is lopez to say gamboa needs to fight john first?... lol... i like smartys post bout the box off but in my opinion they just as well go straight to the fight.. its not hard to see lopez is outgrowing the division by the day and soon that fight will not have a chance of being made... if its not made this year i doubt we see it...
Snoop
If Arum really doesn't want Lopez to face Gamboa, then I wonder what he thought about him jumping into the ring during the post-fight interview last Saturday.
PR316
I think Lopez-Gamboa is 50 50 because both are severley flawed fighters with an aggressive style, big power, and questionable chins. Not to mention that both have a tendency to fade late as the fight goes on. I like Gamboa early, or Lopez late. Neither guy really comes to box. Gamboa to me is just an athletic brawler who looks flashy while Lopez is mostly a come forward fighter who gets his best work done on the inside or mid range. I'll wait to see what Lopez does against Salido and make my final call once and for all on that fight.

I like John over Gamboa. He has the jab to knock him off balance all night and the counter punching skills to take advantage of the openings. Some point to John's fights with Juarez but thats a different style. Juarez comes forward and presses inside working away, while Gamboa is more an in and out type of guy who relies on athleticism. Different styles. Plus Gamboa would likely have to go to Indonesia and he would need to win CONVINCINGLY there if he wants to win that belt.

But I do agree with most here that Lopez is clearly taking the path of least resistance. Basically just wants to collect the easy pay days and then go for the big reward. Classic Bob Arum tactics, really. But I do think Lopez should have pressed for the fight with Caballero and he didn't and even in Puerto Rico, he took some criticism for it, and rightfully so. And this rematch with Marquez is not necessary IMO. He beat him clearly.

and the NEW
All well said there PR.

Agree Beardo, a box off, tournament with Hasegawa, John, Gamboa and Lopez would be brilliant!
blackbelt2003
All roads should go through John in a perfect world. He is, after all, the elder statesman of the division and has reigned since beating JM Marquez sometime in the last century.

His competition has been suspect since, but he is still the man to beat if any of these younger guys want to be considered the 126 don.

If John absolutely won't leave Indonesia, fucking take short money, go there and knock him out. At least that SHOULD be the mentality of these young cats with everything still to prove. Instead they wanna prance around negotiations with each other and feign like they want the fights.

For the record, in a unification series I'd take Gamboa to come out on top, with John his main threat. Hasegawa and Lopez would be entertaining underdogs but wouldn't quite cut it.

Black
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2011, 10:01 AM) *
I agree.

Gamboa should go to Jakarta and take it (go mongoose that snake), if he wants to be legendary. Then come back and shove it up JuanMa's ass.

Beardo, if Gamboa got a decision in Indonesia over John Arum would never match them lol.

i think the big problem in this is Juanma has the potential to make more and already has a bigger fan base. Arum knows this already and isn't about to fuck his money up for a fan fight.
and the NEW
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 4 2011, 05:20 AM) *
Beardo, if Gamboa got a decision in Indonesia over John Arum would never match them lol.

i think the big problem in this is Juanma has the potential to make more and already has a bigger fan base. Arum knows this already and isn't about to fuck his money up for a fan fight.

Pretty obvious this is the case.

Arum has to go!
and the NEW
Agreed there Beardo.

The more I think about these match-ups, the more I think Gamboa takes out John and struggles with Lopez......

Whereas I see John handling Lopez.

Definately a very very competitive division though and if someone cleans up this mess, all props to them, they would rocket up P4P lists and become a full-blown star!
Big Slim Sweet
Juan Manual Lopez, just the latest fighter to be tried and convicted of whatever it is so many fighters get tried and convicted for here on fight hype.

dntknw.gif

The whole board is against him seemingly, all over his promoter's behavior. Judging by Juan Ma's behavior, it seems like he wants the fight with Gamboa too. Why else would he jump in the ring with him and Kellerman after that sensational performance last week, when all it does is hype the bout even more?

Let's see what happens after Juan Ma gets past Salido, assuming he does. Two years ago when Arum started blowing the horns the bout was premature. Now, the time has never been more right. If they fight in 2011, the plan went perfectly as far as I'm concerned.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 4 2011, 05:30 PM) *
But Big Slim. He seriously wants to rematch Rafael Marquez. Don't you find that funny?

wanting a Rafa rematch and looking to move up in the future is suspect. he can get in the ring all he wants to, if Arum doesn't want to match them up it isn't happening and i really doubt Juanma would put up much of a fight.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 4 2011, 12:49 AM) *
I think Gamboa can take John down, as in stop him, at this point. And, I think Gamboa is potentially a bigger star, given his flame throwing style.

Won't be too long now . . . The Organ Grinder is losing his grip.

i don't know about that Beardo, Gamboa is more fan friendly but right now for guys with little mainstream exposure Juanma has Aces being PR. it's just the way it's. not to mention that a PR fighter doing something in boxing is guaranteed to do MSG around the PR day parade and will have loyal fans willing to buy PPVs. a promoter is going to go with what's looking better for him and Juanma just has the bigger following.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Apr 4 2011, 02:25 PM) *
Juan Manual Lopez, just the latest fighter to be tried and convicted of whatever it is so many fighters get tried and convicted for here on fight hype.

dntknw.gif

The whole board is against him seemingly, all over his promoter's behavior. Judging by Juan Ma's behavior, it seems like he wants the fight with Gamboa too. Why else would he jump in the ring with him and Kellerman after that sensational performance last week, when all it does is hype the bout even more?

Let's see what happens after Juan Ma gets past Salido, assuming he does. Two years ago when Arum started blowing the horns the bout was premature. Now, the time has never been more right. If they fight in 2011, the plan went perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

word is juanma is going up in weight at the end of this year possibly lightweight... if the fight doesnt happen this year i doubt we see it.. but you are right i do believe both fighters want the fight... both those guys are warriors... but i think lopez's people mainly arum dont want that fight going down... gamboa has been calling out lopez for a solid year and a half that i know of now.. and now there is talk of him moving up... if lightweight is juanmas next division i seriously doubt we hear from him much longer as i dont see him being competitive at that weight... we shall see tho...
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 5 2011, 03:21 AM) *
word is juanma is going up in weight at the end of this year possibly lightweight... if the fight doesnt happen this year i doubt we see it.. but you are right i do believe both fighters want the fight... both those guys are warriors... but i think lopez's people mainly arum dont want that fight going down... gamboa has been calling out lopez for a solid year and a half that i know of now.. and now there is talk of him moving up... if lightweight is juanmas next division i seriously doubt we hear from him much longer as i dont see him being competitive at that weight... we shall see tho...

Juanma Lopez....this year's version of Joan Guzman? A brilliant, talented but undermatched fighter who zooms through the weights, fighting for only low-rent WBO belts and never taking on champions and then finally getting stuck at a weight he can't be effective in and realising he's just blown his career?

Black
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Apr 5 2011, 04:39 AM) *
Juanma Lopez....this year's version of Joan Guzman? A brilliant, talented but undermatched fighter who zooms through the weights, fighting for only low-rent WBO belts and never taking on champions and then finally getting stuck at a weight he can't be effective in and realising he's just blown his career?

Black

I sorta agree with this. the way he seems to keep moving up in weight denotes possibly a lack of dedication. Fighters that blow up a lot in between fights generally have shorter careers.
and the NEW
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Apr 5 2011, 08:39 AM) *

Black

Out of interest, who is Guzmans promotor?
Snoop
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Apr 6 2011, 03:53 AM) *
Out of interest, who is Guzmans promotor?

Sycuan Ringside Promotions
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 6 2011, 11:22 PM) *
So Juanma has stated the fight will have to wait till 2012 and be held at 130! Sooner the better, before it starts loosing it's luster like other fights that don't get signed.

im starting to notice juanma and his camp attempting to be shot callers in regards to how this fight is going to be made... lol... first they insinuated gamboa needed to knock of chris john first now its 2012 and at 130... that is laughable... what if gamboa is comfortable where he is at... i think its time we start forgetting about the fight and gamboa start thinking about his domination where he is at as its quite obvious lopez or at least his people dont want the fight... i hate it but it is quite apparent what the case is...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Apr 5 2011, 03:39 AM) *

Black

seems to be the direction he is going in my opinion...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 7 2011, 02:12 AM) *
Gamboa would smack him out I think anyways. Puerto Rican's are good, but are chinny and not durable.

Lookin' to start shit today, eh Fitz?

Might as well have said that humanity is "good, but are chinny and not durable."

Hector Macho Camacho (0), Felix Trinidad (1 by ATG), Carlos Ortiz (1 in 68 fights), Jose Torres (1 in 44 fights), Esteban De Jesus (3, twice by Duran, in 68 fights), Carlos De Leon (4 in 60 fights), Wilfredo Gomez (3 in 47 fights).

Duran has been KOed 4 times. Nigel Benn was KOed 4 times. Hearns was KOed 4 times. Are Panamanians, Brits and Americans chinny and not durable?

Don't get me goin' on those "chinny" Mexicans. It will start with Morales and never end. Let's not forget those "chinny" Aussies, Filipinos, Japanese, Russians . . .
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 7 2011, 09:15 AM) *

Might as well have said that humanity is "good, but are chinny and not durable."

Hector Macho Camacho (0), Felix Trinidad (1 by ATG), Carlos Ortiz (1 in 68 fights), Jose Torres (1 in 44 fights), Esteban De Jesus (3, twice by Duran, in 68 fights), Carlos De Leon (4 in 60 fights), Wilfredo Gomez (3 in 47 fights).

Duran has been KOed 4 times. Nigel Benn was KOed 4 times. Hearns was KOed 4 times. Are Panamanians, Brits and Americans chinny and not durable?

Don't get me goin' on those "chinny" Mexicans. It will start with Morales and never end. Let's not forget those "chinny" Aussies, Filipinos, Japanese, Russians . . .

lol...
gravytrain
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 7 2011, 12:22 AM) *
So Juanma has stated the fight will have to wait till 2012 and be held at 130! Sooner the better, before it starts loosing it's luster like other fights that don't get signed.

i think it already lost its luster, i wouldn't be surprised if when Arum said "we want them to clean out the division" he really meant "Lopez is making me more money so i hope Gamboa loses or we can avoid him."

it's kind of like Mayweather/Pac to me now, at one time it's really interesting but now it seems like it'll never happen and no parties involved will lose any sleep over it.
and the NEW
Benitez went the distance with Hearns and other than terrible reffereeing should have done the same against Leonard. That's a pretty good effort, but perhaps more to do with his defence than chin.

Anyways, back on topic, I agree, Lopez is getting rediculous, let him move up. 130 has absolutely nobody of any note to fight and by the time he gets to 135, Marquez will probably be retired or a complete shell and guys like Rios, Robert the Ghost are good, but I highly doubt going to be great fighters.

Lopez just may end up the new Guzman.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 7 2011, 03:15 PM) *

LOL, actually I do think certain ethnic groups or nationalities can be more or less resilient to punches than others. Whether this is down to genetics or environment (the old nurture/nature debate) is another thing, but, for instance, I think that Brit's (and other more liberal-living societies) do tend to be a little chinny.

I would hazard a guess that it's down to our less than difficult lifestyle. We don't work as hard as, say, your average Mexican or Russian, we don't have such a tough upbringing, and therefore don't generally have the same resilience/pain barrier.

Just a theory, I've done no research, just a casual observation!

Black
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 7 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Maybe "durable" was wrong, but from what I have seen they are chinny. Trinidad was chinny, haha. Lopez is chinny, Cotto is chinny (who you didn't mention), Cintron is chinny (you didn't mention), Quintana, Calderon just got stopped 2 times in a row.
I have just noticed they get put to the floor easy, so what? English fighters I have notcied as well. On a p4p scale anyways they tend to be put down easily.

Mexican's, that's not right. They are known for having hard heads, haha.

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Apr 8 2011, 03:42 AM) *
LOL, actually I do think certain ethnic groups or nationalities can be more or less resilient to punches than others. Whether this is down to genetics or environment (the old nurture/nature debate) is another thing, but, for instance, I think that Brit's (and other more liberal-living societies) do tend to be a little chinny.

I would hazard a guess that it's down to our less than difficult lifestyle. We don't work as hard as, say, your average Mexican or Russian, we don't have such a tough upbringing, and therefore don't generally have the same resilience/pain barrier.

Just a theory, I've done no research, just a casual observation!

Black

Lost track of this after heading out of town.

I believe that the Puerto Rican Appearance of being "chinny" is more a consequence of the fact that there are a total of about 4 million Puerto Ricans on the island compared to 114 million Mexicans, 80 plus million Filipinos etc.

Certainly lifestyle and genes play a part, but I am reasonably certain that if there were 114 million Puerto Ricans they would appear to have stronger chins in the ring. It is kind of like the big high school v the little high school phenomena. Generally, the big high school is going to be better at sports than the smaller high school.

Back to the subject- I think the strategy is to be more impressive against Salido than Gamboa and leverage it into positioning Lopez as a fight that Gamboa must attain- total bullshit.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 15 2011, 04:16 PM) *
Back to the subject- I think the strategy is to be more impressive against Salido than Gamboa and leverage it into positioning Lopez as a fight that Gamboa must attain- total bullshit.

P4P rankings criteria circa 2011: who can look most impressive against common opponents. Sad but true.

Black
caneman
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Apr 15 2011, 12:19 PM) *
P4P rankings criteria circa 2011: who can look most impressive against common opponents. Sad but true.

Black

dead on Black!
gravytrain
even worse, Canelo is about to get a PPV his next fight. they wanted it this time but held off. i guess boxing is just going to be the easiest road possible to a title then getting a PPV if you can sell tickets. worst of fucking all they want Mayorga to be his PPV opponent.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 15 2011, 05:04 PM) *
even worse, Canelo is about to get a PPV his next fight. they wanted it this time but held off. i guess boxing is just going to be the easiest road possible to a title then getting a PPV if you can sell tickets. worst of fucking all they want Mayorga to be his PPV opponent.

please tell me this is not true... lol... you have a link to this?... thats a fight that should be boycotted if its made... bad enough it goes on hbo but ppv?... that is laughable... lol..
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 15 2011, 08:49 PM) *
please tell me this is not true... lol... you have a link to this?... thats a fight that should be boycotted if its made... bad enough it goes on hbo but ppv?... that is laughable... lol..

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=6316398

it's sad but true J. i think any Canelo PPV is some bullshit really, i hope it's a complete flop.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 15 2011, 08:16 PM) *
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=6316398

it's sad but true J. i think any Canelo PPV is some bullshit really, i hope it's a complete flop.

ive been saying it and i know everyone else knows it... the promoters hurt the sport more than help it... that fight is prime for hbo but not ppv if they gonna make it.. least its a step up from mathew hatton... hell id rather watch it on hbo latino then have to stream it cuzz i wont be buying it...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 16 2011, 12:38 AM) *
ive been saying it and i know everyone else knows it... the promoters hurt the sport more than help it... that fight is prime for hbo but not ppv if they gonna make it.. least its a step up from mathew hatton... hell id rather watch it on hbo latino then have to stream it cuzz i wont be buying it...

you're not buying a card? daaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnn lol. i think the worst thing about it is it's going to set a precedent. it's like in the NFL where 1 QB gets paid a certain amount then another franchise QB tells his agent "Tom Brady is making that? i want that" except young entertaining guys will get picked up by promoters then protected to a title then given soft opponents on PPV.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 16 2011, 08:42 PM) *
you're not buying a card? daaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnn lol. i think the worst thing about it is it's going to set a precedent. it's like in the NFL where 1 QB gets paid a certain amount then another franchise QB tells his agent "Tom Brady is making that? i want that" except young entertaining guys will get picked up by promoters then protected to a title then given soft opponents on PPV.

to an extent thats already began to happen...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 16 2011, 10:09 PM) *
to an extent thats already began to happen...

i definitely agree about that. i think this is just the worst case of it. him vs Rhodes was considered as a fucking PPV fight? LOL. maybe Mayorga? this shit is crazy. i think the big thing is Canelo just has the following other fighters[Berto] have lacked so GBP can actually put him in PPVs and bigger venues.

either way this is some bullshit. it really makes me only want to watch old boxing and not even follow the current sport. there's enough going on year round to watch other things, i can't stick around to see boxing nothing but protected fighters making "business" fights.
Lil-lightsout
Scratch another one off the list.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
It's hard to say whether Arum got this right or worng. He was definately looking to pump both these guys up to make more money when they fought and he definately wanted to keep Lopez away from Gamboa a bit longer.

I'm pretty dayum sure losing to Salido wasn't in his plans. The problem was these fighters weren't at the 'superfight' point yet. Both guys were probably 12 months and 2-3 fights away from that.

Timing I guess is so essential. Make a fight too soon and you don't maximise the earning potential. Wait a minute too long and you get situations like we've just seen that upset the apple cart.

Why I like the result is I suspect that even in 12 months Arum would've made more excuses to not make this fight.

Perhaps he might be forced to throw his weight behind Gamboa which should've been his first damned move anyway. He has the X factor. A good litmus test for me is to show guys in my office fights on YouTube and see how they react, for they are what I term the casual fan.

Even Donaire's KO against Montiel they're like "yeah that's cool." But show them Gamboa and they're like "woah! Mike Tyson in a midget's body!"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.