Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday Picks (4/2/11)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
It appears to be a fairly uneventful weekend of boxing before a decent string of interesting cards . . . however, there are a few interesting fights this weekend, including 2 litmus tests of sorts.

Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam v Giovanni Lorenzo= Litmus test #1. Lorenzo's only losses have been to Sturm, Sylvester and Raul Marquez. He has never been stopped. If the undefeated N'Dam (Last Name is Spam) can defeat Giovanni impressively, it may mean it is time for a shot at Sturm . . . or could he be taking a trip to Mexico for a shot at SMartinez? N'Dam N'Jikam UD

Marco Huck v Ran Nakash= Classic case of an undefeated fighter, who has fought nothing but bums his entire career, running into a seasoned pro. Huck TKO 9

Robert Helenius v Samuel Peter= Litmus test #2. Peter (coming off his drubbing at the hands of The Siamese Sister Klit back in September) is an interesting challenge for the 14 and Zip Helenius. Peter needs this victory to rebound. He aint no pushover. Will Helenius fall into the trap of attempting to out Klit a sister? Could spell doom for him. But an impressive victory would certainly send a clear message to The 2 Headed Klit and Haye. Helenius UD

Giovanni Segura v Ivan Calderon= The 36 year old Ivan's last stand. Calderon has been an amazing champion. You can't count him out of this but Segura is an uncharacteristic beast at this weight class. This one is in Mexico. Segura knows Calderon can't hurt him. Seems like a recipe for an early twitching Calderon, though I hope he can pull off the victory somehow. Segura KO5

Krzysztof (can I by a vowel) Wlodarczyk v Francisco Palacios= A coupla palookas pounding it out for a worthless strap in the land of head cheese. Although all he has done is KO a series of bums, the Bronx Puerto Rican appears to be the beneficiary of this sausage making. Palacios TKO8

Speakin' of a collection of sausages . . . Step up to the plate!

Sunni6Killer
Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam by close decision.

Marco Huck by KO 5th.

Samuel Peter by KO 4th.

Giovanni Segura by TKO 9th.

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk by wide decision.
JLUVBABY
sam peter just went from a plus 190 to a plus 270... im sure thinking bout putting a hundred on him...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 31 2011, 08:08 PM) *
Interesting. Have you heard anything about his camp?

beardo a buddy of mine is supposed to be getting some info on that... i havent heard anything on it... i went back and watched some highlights of peter vs mccline and i saw how he handled peter... so maybe i can see the odds.. id forgot about that fight... i still think if peter touches him he can do some damage but that fight made me think twice bout that bet... tho im still kinda liking laying a bill on him and see how it goes...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 1 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Hey! There's some decent fights this Saturday.

Will Huck get Nakashed? Will Lorenzo gey his Jam D'Kamed? Will Helenius wack that Peter? Will Calderon dodge the grim Segura?

Who you got? . . . Step up to the plate, ya bunch of voyeurs.

Beardo... lmao!!! Wiii Helenius whack that peter?... lol...
BigG
I'm picking Calderon by SD...I think he'll fade late and Segura will punish him but I expect Calderon to outbox him for majority of the first half. Segura was relentless in the first fight but Calderon showed he can outbox him from the outside.

I'm interested in seeing the Peter-Helenius fight..I always enjoy watching Peter fight and Helenius from what I've been reading is a pretty good fighter...

EAlbian
Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam UD

Marco Huck by KO 4th.

Samuel Peter KO by 9th.

Giovanni Segura by TKO 10th.

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk by UD.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 2 2011, 12:34 PM) *
I'm just wonderin' how many people have even bothered to watch the first Segura v Calderon war? Segura looked a couple of weight classes bigger than Calderon. Giovanni just chopped him down with body work. It was one of the most impressive body attacks that I have witnessed in memory. Calderon was simply unable to continue physically. He was not dazed. His body was beaten into submission.

Go check it out on YouTube.

I just can't see Calderon being able to survive and outpoint Segura unless he can hurt him. I doubt that he can do that. Calderon is going to have to run and stick all night long. Can he win a decision in Mexico doing that? Not likely.

This should be a great fight no matter how long it lasts.

BTW, Ring has Segura at #10 on the P4P list. That, IMO, is premature at best.

i saw a pic of them yesterday... segura looks the same.. like they are in two different weight classes....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (sportsbun @ Apr 1 2011, 01:44 AM) *
Watch Samuel Peter vs. Robert Helenius Live Stream Online Free! Heavyweight Division Samuel Peter vs. Robert Helenius is a Boxing of WBO Inter-Continental Heavyweight fight on Saturday, April 2, 2011 at Gerry Weber Stadium, Halle, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany live Das Erste TV.

http://www.sportsbun.com/samuel-peter-vs-r...-online-boxing/

hey guys this link is a malacious site... luckily i have virus protection i got all kinds of blocks from this site..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 2 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Indeed, JLUV, Helenius just wacked that fat assed Peter. KO 9. I think the odds got stacked against him when the oddsmakers found out Peter was coming in 20 pounds heavier than he did against Sister Wlad. I'm sure The Siamese Klit is jealous.

that was a nasty ko by the way... helenius arms are long as hell.... he may become a player... i didnt get to see the whole fight i tuned in right at the ko so i didint get to see the whole fight... but that ending was nasty... lol...
JLUVBABY
that'll cover you beardo... lol...
EAlbian
Here's the KO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hF1-RsxElk
D-MARV
The KO couldn't have happened to a better guy!
Imperius3
After watching the first fight, I really can't see how Calderon can hold Segura off. It seemed to me that Calderon did everything he could, but he was just overpowered and beaten into submission. I could be wrong about that, and I hope Calderon proves me wrong, but I just don't see it. Segura is 7 years younger, 4 inches taller, 6 inch reach advantage, and he already KO'd him 7 months ago. It's hard to pick against him. I think Segura is going to stop Calderon again with another vicious body attack in Round 8.

I found these odds interesting:

Calderon inside distance: +480
Calderon 12 round decision: +764

If I felt strongly about Calderon winning a decision I would jump all over that. I wouldn't recommend any of you doing that though because I really don't see it happening.
BigG
Palacios just got robbed...the polish champion didn't do shit all night
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Apr 2 2011, 03:57 PM) *

Wow what thing of beauty that was watching that fat slob get put away for what I can only hope is forever. Not only that it appears he was brutally stopped by Woogie (Chris Eliot) from 'There's Something About Mary.' laugh.gif

I think Calderon gets stopped as well.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2011, 09:30 AM) *
oops . . . I was being sarcastical axedentally.

Haha, yea i didn't think too much of this translucent giant, oh well. I had such high hopes for Peter back in '05, he plain never had it.

I don't know how well Robbie does against the Klit commanders but shit there's nobody else out there, still hope Haye and Adamek can pull the upsets but i don't see that happening. Maybe this is the guy to beat a Klit, he has the height and looks like the power but he's sloppy and robotic. Why cant we just have one of the NBA's future stars go the boxing route haha, Dwight Howard woulda been a solid heavy haha

I'd like to see Seth Mitchell matched up against Peter next, nice name on his resume.

I'd also like to see Deontay Wilder take another step up in competition
Mean Mister Mustard
When this Helenius dude threw that left hook, his face showed something that most other heavyweights today don't show:determination.

Not going to get excited about this one, because the division sucks, and every time a bright spot appears, it immediately gets shut down. Still, let's keep an eye on him; he might be able to give the Klits a good fight.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2011, 02:57 PM) *
I don't think Sister Wlad wants anything to do with that Helenius left hook.

Then feed him to big brother Vitali, its better than any other names i've heard. Liakovich? give me a break, this guy got me thinking after the Brewster win he could be something good but then he layed a deuce in his next three fights including getting knocked out of the ring against Briggs
gravytrain
the funny thing is a lot of NBA guys box to stay in shape. Dwight Howard boxes a little.

Helenius has some potential but he needs some competition before stepping it up to Wlad or Vitali.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2011, 06:21 PM) *
I understand what you're saying. Helenius seems much more realistic as a contender than C-Cup (Chisora). Speaking of which, Seth Mitchell should fight someone like C-Cup.

I can't argue with Wilder taking baby steps given his severe lack of amateur experience.

I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I see some life springing up in the Heavies. I see the end of The Siamese Klit coming soon. What's up with Povetkin, BTW?

I think Mitchell needs to fight a limited fighter before taking on Chisora but i like that fight in a fight or two for him.
I think that Wilder taking baby steps is fine, i just wish they would give him a slight step up. The guy has skills and if they keep him in too soft he'll never develop.

I wish they would also televise Wilder a bit more so he can actually gain a following, he's knocked out every opponent to date so i don't see what the problem with that is. they should do him like they did Tyson a fight every 2 weeks.

I want to see more Amir Mansour too, ESPN needs to invest in this guy
EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 3 2011, 11:31 PM) *
the funny thing is a lot of NBA guys box to stay in shape. Dwight Howard boxes a little.

Helenius has some potential but he needs some competition before stepping it up to Wlad or Vitali.

Helenius just KO'd Peter, maybe put him in with Dimentrenko or Tony Thompson. Other than those guys there isn't really another step up for him. Maybe Eddie Chambers, but that doesnt really prepare you for a Klit at all and there's a possibility he gets outboxed.

Give me

Areolla vs Chagev or Povetkin
Chisora vs Chambers
Ustinov vs Boystov
Mormek vs Dimetrenko
Mitchell vs Boswell
Mansour vs Franklin Lawrence or Jason Estrada
gravytrain
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Apr 4 2011, 12:21 PM) *
Helenius just KO'd Peter, maybe put him in with Dimentrenko or Tony Thompson. Other than those guys there isn't really another step up for him. Maybe Eddie Chambers, but that doesnt really prepare you for a Klit at all and there's a possibility he gets outboxed.

Give me

Areolla vs Chagev or Povetkin
Chisora vs Chambers
Ustinov vs Boystov
Mormek vs Dimetrenko
Mitchell vs Boswell
Mansour vs Franklin Lawrence or Jason Estrada

he's only 15-0 right now. he could get a few years of experience and let Wlad age instead of just trying to jump into a fight with a Klitschko. to be honest i see it being ugly against either brother, he's not ready yet.

EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 4 2011, 08:32 PM) *
he's only 15-0 right now. he could get a few years of experience and let Wlad age instead of just trying to jump into a fight with a Klitschko. to be honest i see it being ugly against either brother, he's not ready yet.

He'll never be technically prepared for either Klit, the heavyweight scene is vapid to say the least.

I'd rather see them in there with a young(he's 27) hungry fighter who has the reach and power to land, instead of the recycled crap we've been seeing. He loses against both Klits right now but at least there is a shot he could land something. I don't think this guy is anything special and if i were Saurland i would be looking to cash in before the Klits are gone or this guy gets beat. Chisora has 14 fights, Solis had 17, Povetkin 21(19 when he was the manditory)

He's not gonna get much better and i think a fight against a tall fighter like a Dimentrenko or Thompson would be a good measuring stick before throwing him to the lions. I guess you would rather he fight all the tomato cans in the division and probably losing before stepping in there with one of the brothers and maybe catch them aging. He loses to Povetkin, Chagev, Chambers, and maybe even Arreolla and Chisora as well.

The final four should be signed( Wlad vs Haye and Vitali vs Adamek) which gives Helerius a years time(maybe 2 years if there is an upset(s)), enough to get 2 more fights( at least). You're dreaming if you think this is the guy to beat Wlad straight up, I'll take Haye as the best shot right now and Wilder in 3-4 years time if Wald is even still around.

Helerius looked good with the KO shot but he is sloppy and akward at best, he has a haymakers chance at the upset. nothing more
Maxy
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Apr 5 2011, 11:47 AM) *
He'll never be technically prepared for either Klit, the heavyweight scene is vapid to say the least.

I'd rather see them in there with a young(he's 27) hungry fighter who has the reach and power to land, instead of the recycled crap we've been seeing. He loses against both Klits right now but at least there is a shot he could land something. I don't think this guy is anything special and if i were Saurland i would be looking to cash in before the Klits are gone or this guy gets beat. Chisora has 14 fights, Solis had 17, Povetkin 21(19 when he was the manditory)

He's not gonna get much better and i think a fight against a tall fighter like a Dimentrenko or Thompson would be a good measuring stick before throwing him to the lions. I guess you would rather he fight all the tomato cans in the division and probably losing before stepping in there with one of the brothers and maybe catch them aging. He loses to Povetkin, Chagev, Chambers, and maybe even Arreolla and Chisora as well.

The final four should be signed( Wlad vs Haye and Vitali vs Adamek) which gives Helerius a years time(maybe 2 years if there is an upset(s)), enough to get 2 more fights( at least). You're dreaming if you think this is the guy to beat Wlad straight up, I'll take Haye as the best shot right now and Wilder in 3-4 years time if Wald is even still around.

Helerius looked good with the KO shot but he is sloppy and akward at best, he has a haymakers chance at the upset. nothing more

I'm just curious to know how much you have seen of Chisora?
EAlbian
QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 5 2011, 12:40 PM) *
I'm just curious to know how much you have seen of Chisora?

About as much as i've seen of Helerius, 3-4 fights on youtube. I don't think he's a world beater but i just feel that he is athletic and young enough to out maneuver Helerius who is very upright and akward. I wouldn't bet heavily on it.

Chisora seems like he has some decent pop and his hands aren't terribly slow and he can move a little bit. He also puts his punches together in combination. I think he sits behind the high gaurd a little too much and his punches are a little too round. I'd like to see him fight Chagaev. I think a fight with him and Areolla would also be pretty interesting. Maybe a tilte eliminator with Helerius.

Why? what are your thoughts on this?
Maxy
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Apr 6 2011, 10:39 AM) *
About as much as i've seen of Helerius, 3-4 fights on youtube. I don't think he's a world beater but i just feel that he is athletic and young enough to out maneuver Helerius who is very upright and akward. I wouldn't bet heavily on it.

Chisora seems like he has some decent pop and his hands aren't terribly slow and he can move a little bit. He also puts his punches together in combination. I think he sits behind the high gaurd a little too much and his punches are a little too round. I'd like to see him fight Chagaev. I think a fight with him and Areolla would also be pretty interesting. Maybe a tilte eliminator with Helerius.

Why? what are your thoughts on this?

No, that's fair enough mate, I wasn't having a dig. Simply curious because before the aborted Klit fight was announced his name was never mentioned on anything other than a solely British forum. I haven't seen much of Helerius at all so wouldn't make a judgment on him. Good win on the weekend though.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 6 2011, 12:15 PM) *
No, that's fair enough mate, I wasn't having a dig. Simply curious because before the aborted Klit fight was announced his name was never mentioned on anything other than a solely British forum. I haven't seen much of Helerius at all so wouldn't make a judgment on him. Good win on the weekend though.

It doesn't help he's had such few fights and they have all been in England against mostly English names, Danny Williams/ Sam Sexton. I'd like to see him in there in a tough fight with somewhat of a live opponent. I think he could make for good HW action, he needs a couple fights before he's ready for anything Klitschko tho.

I looked him up before it was announced he was fighting Wlad but didn't really give him a good look until he was named in that fight. I think he's pretty solid though, he should look for a more high profile trainer imo. He definitely has some talent. I'd like to see him knock off a couple of the smaller figures at heavyweight. It's unfortunate that fighters from England have to be promoted by Warren to get big fights over there but because of that never really make it mainstream until they leave him. Calzaghe/Hatton/Haye/Khan. The real money is in the States, its too bad Warren can't get an HBO or Showtime to give some of these British fighters American exposure. I'm sure he has his reasons, but it sucks for the fans
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.