Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SUPER SIX SEMI FINALS!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ROLL DEEP
I can't wait for this!

Been watching Fight Camp 360 and it's a great show...got me hype for these semi fights that'll no doubt be entertaining.

Who's everyone got?

I got Froch over Johnson - SD points win. Johnson is a workaholic, but Froch has good stamina and can rough it up with the best of them. He can actually also box and move pretty well, so I see him doing a mixture of both to win a close dec over Johnson.

Both are great fighters, always in great fights and please the fans all the time.

I'll take Ward over Abraham. UD points. Too slick, moves too well for Abraham ...... which then will set up Ward VS Froch!
TheFonz
Johnson is going to maul Froch. It will be entertaining but this fight will be fought in a phonebooth and Glen is a better inside fighter.
ROLL DEEP
Yeah, Glen is one hell of an inside fighter, but Froch can stick and move and if he fights intelligent and doesn't get caught up in a close up fight, I think he'll do well.

Ward and Abraham?
ViperSniper
I'm actually a little worried about Froch-Johnson. I think Johnson has what it takes to drag Froch into an unnecessary ugly fight, which is a credit to Glen Johnson at his age and make things harder than they should. Froch showed against Abraham he can stick and move pretty well and has shown in the past he can make things rough, so I think he will have to show discipline to win the fight. I'll pick Froch by a close UD in a fight he may get some heat in due to the older man's style and effort.

As for Ward-Abraham, despite 168 not being the best for Abraham, he still has more than enough power to hurt Ward, I just don't see him landing. This will look similar to Froch-Abraham except for Ward doing a better job due to his boxing skills and movement.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 9 2011, 04:15 AM) *
I'm actually a little worried about Froch-Johnson. I think Johnson has what it takes to drag Froch into an unnecessary ugly fight, which is a credit to Glen Johnson at his age and make things harder than they should. Froch showed against Abraham he can stick and move pretty well and has shown in the past he can make things rough, so I think he will have to show discipline to win the fight. I'll pick Froch by a close UD in a fight he may get some heat in due to the older man's style and effort.

As for Ward-Abraham, despite 168 not being the best for Abraham, he still has more than enough power to hurt Ward, I just don't see him landing. This will look similar to Froch-Abraham except for Ward doing a better job due to his boxing skills and movement.

Exactly how I'm seeing things at the moment.

Bring on the next installment of Fight Camp 360!
D-MARV
Ward-Abraham will possible be the UGLIEST fight of the year! I pick Ward by clear Decision with a scary moment or two.

In keeping up with my recent "underdog" picks, I'm rolling with Glen Johnson over Froch. Johnson will apply pressure like non other in this fight. I don't think Froch has to skill to keep Johnson off of him. 115-113 for Johnson, possible Split Decision.

gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 10 2011, 06:07 PM) *
Ward-Abraham will possible be the UGLIEST fight of the year! I pick Ward by clear Decision with a scary moment or two.

In keeping up with my recent "underdog" picks, I'm rolling with Glen Johnson over Froch. Johnson will apply pressure like non other in this fight. I don't think Froch has to skill to keep Johnson off of him. 115-113 for Johnson, possible Split Decision.

i like Johnson over Froch too but i'm not so sure it'll happen, i think Johnson will have some bad luck on the cards and have it wider than it should be.
The Original MrFactor
Froch can fight Johnson similarly to the way he fought Abraham. Johnson is similar in that he just keeps marching forward. Froch just has to impale him with the jab, like he did Abraham. He can make it easy on himself that way. If he tries to brawl with Johnson, he could get outworked. I'm picking Froch by decision.

I think Froch took Abraham's heart. He's a mentally damaged fighter. I think Ward takes him and makes his face a bloody mess. Abraham will ponder returning to 160 to chase Martinez, which would be a pretty good fight.

Froch vs Ward
TheFonz
The difference is that abraham has zero head movement and relies blocking punches with his tight guard. Glen bobs and weaves his way in and throws a lot of jabs too. Froch will be forced to fight and he is going to tooled up on the inside.
D-MARV
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Apr 11 2011, 08:43 AM) *
The difference is that abraham has zero head movement and relies blocking punches with his tight guard. Glen bobs and weaves his way in and throws a lot of jabs too. Froch will be forced to fight and he is going to tooled up on the inside.

Great point!

Glen is a "throwback" fighter. He doesn't just come foward. He has pretty good head movement when he works his way inside. Froch will struggle with Johnson.
Maxy
Johnson don't usually let anyone have an easy time with him so Carl will have a hard nights work. I'm confident he will be smart enough to see this out and he'll win on the cards without any controversy.

Ward and Abraham will have a messy scrap but the class of Ward will be too much and he'll win wide to set up the best possible final the competition could've given us.

War Froch!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.