Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jhonny Gonzalez KO's Hasegawa!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Jhonny Gonzlaez stopped hasegawa in 4.

Jhonny seems to be on a pretty nice comeback.

fight

ViperSniper
Surprised to read this headline. Tracked the fight down and thought it was a fairly hard fight to score because Gonzalez was evening up or stealing rounds with more effective shots. When doing so left Hasegawa becoming more agressive as he was getting tagged. Hasegawa was up on his feet and beat the count but the ref waved it off.
Snoop
Hasegawa seemed to have his wits about him but was on noodle legs. Could he have continued? Sure, but I dunno, seemed like a foregone conclusion for me.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 9 2011, 02:28 AM) *
Hasegawa seemed to have his wits about him but was on noodle legs. Could he have continued? Sure, but I dunno, seemed like a foregone conclusion for me.

If there was less than 30 seconds in the round I would've liked to see the ref give Hasegawa the benefit of the doubt and let him continue and hopefully get saved by the bell...but there was like 2:15 left in the round judging by his body language and facial expressions I think it was a good stoppage I doubt he would've lasted the rest of the round b4 being dropped again
Mean Mister Mustard
Interesting. I expected Hasegawa to do big things at 126, but I'm afraid it seems as if he can't really take a punch.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 9 2011, 07:54 AM) *
Interesting. I expected Hasegawa to do big things at 126, but I'm afraid it seems as if he can't really take a punch.

doesn't look like he has much power to do significant damage at 126 either :/ i think 118 was his prime division, maybe he should even considering moving down to 122 if he could make the weight
Jack 1000
That was a shocker!

Just a head's up. Since this was a non-televised fight, we will let the spoiler go. But PLEASE remember to always do your best to not give away fight results in a topic title. Some people doing that for non-televised fights, might get into the habit of doing this for televised fights and this is not allowed. Had this fight been televised, we would be forced to reprimand the OP per forum policy.

Had this fight been televised, or even for a non-televised fight always use a format similar to this for a topic title.

Gonazalez-Hasegawa (SPOILER)

Just so long as the fight results are not given away in the topic title. Thanks.

Jack

Administrator
and the NEW
That is a surprise result.

Seems Hasegawa is a bit chinny and it sure doesn't help his cause up at 126. He has great skills, too bad, I thought he really could have done something at feather but agree with mexi, I think he should consider moving back down. He has fought at Bantam his whole career and I'm sure he could easily get back down there, not to mention there are a stack of guys he can fight down there!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 9 2011, 07:08 PM) *
That was a shocker!

Just a head's up. Since this was a non-televised fight, we will let the spoiler go. But PLEASE remember to always do your best to not give away fight results in a topic title. Some people doing that for non-televised fights, might get into the habit of doing this for televised fights and this is not allowed. Had this fight been televised, we would be forced to reprimand the OP per forum policy.

Had this fight been televised, or even for a non-televised fight always use a format similar to this for a topic title.

Gonazalez-Hasegawa (SPOILER)

Just so long as the fight results are not given away in the topic title. Thanks.

Jack

Administrator

My bad Jack.
blackbelt2003
Good work for Gonzalez...world champ at last. He's been a contender for years from bantam to feather, great that he finally got a legit title to his name.

Nie punch, too, big right hook on the button. Hasegawa went down heavily, and although I'd have let it go a little bit, I don't think there's any doubt Gonzalez would have taken him out in the same round.

Black
and the NEW
It was indeed a very big punch right on the button as you say blackbelt. Looked like a much bigger punch than the one Montiel put Hasegawa on queer st with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.