Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao's best weight is 140
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
From the article on the front page, he says that he weighs 143 now without limiting his eating. A bunch of us were debating in a thread several months back about what divisions Pacquiao could fight in. A lot said 140 wasn't ideal for him and that 135 was an impossibility. Those that felt that way then, do you think a little differently now?

gravytrain
i think he's lying about his weight and he actually weighs in the upper 140s. if he actually weighs 143 walking around then it really wouldn't be hard for him to go lower than 140 but there would be no point since he's now the top sell in boxing and doesn't have to go anywhere for anyone unless he wants to.
BrutalBodyShots
Well he's not really 143 walking around... he's 143 about a month out from a big fight meaning that he's already put in some work to obtain that 143. The work I'm referring to is training though of course, as he said he hasn't watched his diet much which I find interesting.
Snoop
I thought of that thread when I read that headline too. I think a lot of people were calling us crazy for saying Pacquiao could still make 140/135. laugh.gif
D-MARV
140 is his natural weight when he fights a Light Middleweight!

When JMM wants to fight him then it's 147.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 10 2011, 02:22 PM) *
I thought of that thread when I read that headline too. I think a lot of people were calling us crazy for saying Pacquiao could still make 140/135. laugh.gif

Exactly my point buddy.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
And now Ariza weighs in and says his best weight is around 145!! Typical Pac camp response, haha.

Like he has noted, I agree that Manny could make 140, but I just like him that little bit stronger at 145.
Big Slim Sweet
Who gives a fuck? Anything Pacquiao says now just makes him more of a liar and steroid doper in some people's minds. If he said his favorite color is red we'd have threads here accusing him of preferring blue. If he admitted once and for all he sucks at karaoke we'd have people here saying his voice could shame a nightingale.
salvador
Another nice issue about 140 being his "best weight" is that now that Pac has cleaned out 147 he can now fight Khan and Bradley without apologizing for it before fighting Floyd - in other words Arum has arranged about 6 megamoney fights for Pac before his inevitable loss to Floyd if it ever happens. Very excellent promoting on Arum's part.
RyanTical
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Apr 9 2011, 11:20 AM) *
From the article on the front page, he says that he weighs 143 now without limiting his eating. A bunch of us were debating in a thread several months back about what divisions Pacquiao could fight in. A lot said 140 wasn't ideal for him and that 135 was an impossibility. Those that felt that way then, do you think a little differently now?

There will be quite a bit of backpeddling in the coming weeks. That's when you know it's true.

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 10 2011, 03:00 PM) *
140 is his natural weight when he fights a Light Middleweight!

When JMM wants to fight him then it's 147.

Of course, they want to take JM Marquez out of his element. Pacquiao fighting on even grounds is giving too much ground.

QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 11 2011, 02:58 PM) *
Another nice issue about 140 being his "best weight" is that now that Pac has cleaned out 147 he can now fight Khan and Bradley without apologizing for it before fighting Floyd - in other words Arum has arranged about 6 megamoney fights for Pac before his inevitable loss to Floyd if it ever happens. Very excellent promoting on Arum's part.

I just like how plenty of folks put Pacquiao over Floyd, yet they want Pacquiao vs Khan, Bradley, Ortiz, Berto, etc. However, Mayweather vs anyone that isn't Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez or Pacquiao himself is completely absurd. I can dig it, honestly . . .

I still want Pacquiao vs JM Marquez at 140 and Ortiz at 147, if Mayweather is not an option.
ViperSniper
Not saying he has to, but I do think Pac could still make 135 if he really wanted to! Anyways, what's with Pac stating that he can make 150 a couple of months ago, then claimed a couple of days ago he can't go past 145??
gravytrain
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 18 2011, 01:25 AM) *
Not saying he has to, but I do think Pac could still make 135 if he really wanted to! Anyways, what's with Pac stating that he can make 150 a couple of months ago, then claimed a couple of days ago he can't go past 145??

between Arum, Pac, Koncz, Ariza and Roach i'm sure this cat has about 10 ideal weights. the real one depends on whether the fighter has to come up or down to fight him lol
ViperSniper
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 18 2011, 05:38 AM) *
between Arum, Pac, Koncz, Ariza and Roach i'm sure this cat has about 10 ideal weights. the real one depends on whether the fighter has to come up or down to fight him lol

Yup, nicely put there! They are tryin to keep the options open so they can inconvenience their next victim they choose in regards to weight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.